Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Should I be changing my prices?
1 2
@Zygon
I'll put your banner on my affiliates tab. There's a banner you can use on my shop. Thank you!
@Zygon
I'll put your banner on my affiliates tab. There's a banner you can use on my shop. Thank you!
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dbeg952.png 0Hfrtrc.pngamika_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr7a.pngkeske_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr46.pngm34-02-book.pngSOH4.pngbPNtqmV.png
vJGwSlb.png
v2PJF9u.png
Tl1dGxE.png
d3OF3Gw.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
6mVFIuV.png
783743517427367976.png
@SylphOfHeart I'd love to be affiliates ^^ [quote]I had learned to start out by not charging much, just so you get the basis of things, then once you feel like your work is "good" enough or has a good enough reputation, you can then start raising the price.[/quote] I've learned that it's better to start high than low. Your prices are part of the audience you are marketing to. If you market by doing freebies, you get customers who want freebies, not paid commissions. If you market with low prices, you get customers who want low prices, and not the people who pay higher prices. If you market with high prices, then sure, your customer base may be smaller, but the people who look at your stuff will be people willing to pay higher prices. I've also learned to treat minimum wage as a baseline. Minimum wage is a starting point for even people who haven't developed any skills to use in their jobs, and art is a skill usually honed over years of experience. So I think that's important to keep in mind as well.
@SylphOfHeart

I'd love to be affiliates ^^

Quote:
I had learned to start out by not charging much, just so you get the basis of things, then once you feel like your work is "good" enough or has a good enough reputation, you can then start raising the price.

I've learned that it's better to start high than low. Your prices are part of the audience you are marketing to. If you market by doing freebies, you get customers who want freebies, not paid commissions. If you market with low prices, you get customers who want low prices, and not the people who pay higher prices. If you market with high prices, then sure, your customer base may be smaller, but the people who look at your stuff will be people willing to pay higher prices.

I've also learned to treat minimum wage as a baseline. Minimum wage is a starting point for even people who haven't developed any skills to use in their jobs, and art is a skill usually honed over years of experience. So I think that's important to keep in mind as well.
@Vely
Thank you! I'll put your banner in my affiliates tab.
Also thank you for telling me. I never really thought about it that way. It's honestly hard to price myself because I am my harshest critic when it comes to my work. so really, you've helped a lot.
@Vely
Thank you! I'll put your banner in my affiliates tab.
Also thank you for telling me. I never really thought about it that way. It's honestly hard to price myself because I am my harshest critic when it comes to my work. so really, you've helped a lot.
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dbeg952.png 0Hfrtrc.pngamika_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr7a.pngkeske_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr46.pngm34-02-book.pngSOH4.pngbPNtqmV.png
vJGwSlb.png
v2PJF9u.png
Tl1dGxE.png
d3OF3Gw.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
6mVFIuV.png
783743517427367976.png
1 2