Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Tolerant (A Pinkerlocke Challenge)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@MoonlitLegacy
Okay, first things first: great update, this is so exciting!!
Second: Droplet, darling? That was equal parts heroic, awesome and horrifying! (What the heeell though? What are you??)
Third: Mgeni, right about now is the perfect time to learn to fly. Some say it's sink or swim, with your situation it's more a fly or get impaled by a harpoon kind of thing. Anyway, fly you lovely little plague Fae, fly!
Lastly: Is the Wildclaw guard a plant? Or something? I'm just curious how he managed to grow back a limb. Or is it the sap? So fascinating. :O
@MoonlitLegacy
Okay, first things first: great update, this is so exciting!!
Second: Droplet, darling? That was equal parts heroic, awesome and horrifying! (What the heeell though? What are you??)
Third: Mgeni, right about now is the perfect time to learn to fly. Some say it's sink or swim, with your situation it's more a fly or get impaled by a harpoon kind of thing. Anyway, fly you lovely little plague Fae, fly!
Lastly: Is the Wildclaw guard a plant? Or something? I'm just curious how he managed to grow back a limb. Or is it the sap? So fascinating. :O
9-F6-B0762-E746-471-B-9-A5-C-C2-D0-B32-B0-BB9.png
This was so exciting! Quick Droplet, eat the entire the wildclaw! Or the harpoon or something, I hope you're still hungry! [quote name="Alixe" date=2017-05-14 08:06:38] (What the heeell though? What are you??) [/quote] My thoughts exactly. He is some kind of space demon, maybe. Arcane does weiiird things, man.
This was so exciting! Quick Droplet, eat the entire the wildclaw! Or the harpoon or something, I hope you're still hungry!
Alixe wrote on 2017-05-14:
(What the heeell though? What are you??)
My thoughts exactly. He is some kind of space demon, maybe. Arcane does weiiird things, man.
P0MOvQm.pngoA9oszV.png
[center][size=7]Day 13[/size] [size=5]Material- Writing[/size] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/3481.png[/img][/center] Mgeni gripped the steep incline, and began awkwardly with too-long legs and too-short arms able down the path he was supposed to fly. His wings spread out to keep balance. Or they were, if one wasn't malformed and tiny. He pressed them both to his side. Droplet climbed beside him. "Can't fly. Wings not corporeal. Can't catch air." They heard the Wildclaw pounding after him.The wildclaw's foot had grown back in minutes. "Can't you go corporeal again?" "Need to eat first." The two of them scrambled down the steep incline as the wildclaw caught up to them. Mgeni looked up as light glinted off the harpoon. Its wings extended. It, unlike them, could fly. [i] We're going to die.[/i] He thought, and looked down. It was too far to jump. He could only scramble. Scramble and- "Look out!" The wound on his shoulder was suddenly sliced right open again, but something wasn't right. The bright red blood he expected, but something else, something bulbous popped from the wound. He shrieked, letting go of the wall, only catching himself further down. "Mgeni!" He heard Droplet call. Droplet couldn't get hurt. He didn't answer. In the gloom, maybe the Wildclaw would think he was dead. He struggled to keep quiet as something pushed on his wound from the inside. The sap had invaded him. He heard the flapping of wings, as the wildclaw circled above, and stabbing sounds as he tried to hit Droplet. "I'll eat you!"Droplet threatened. "I'll eat you like i ate your foot!" "You betrayed us! You brought a plague dragon here!" "He didn't smell like disease, you said so yourself!" "Hold still and accept your fate!" Mgeni started crawling while the wildclaw was distracted, gritting his teeth against the pain, digging into the sap beneath his claws. His shoulder throbbed and pulsed. He had to keep going. He heard a shriek from the wildclaw. He ignored it, until he could see the bottom of the incline, and a light leading away from it. He looked up once he hit the ground, unable to see anything. Hear anything. He could only move towards the light. So he did. He hopped towards a blinding radiance that seemed to emanate from the tree, favoring his injured limb, scared to look at what poked from beneath his skin. He could only continue on, to what he assumed was the Gladekeeper's domain. He limped towards what appeared to be an entrance, shrouded with vines so that he could not see the other side. And on these vines were small beads that plick-plicked each other with a gentle breeze that should not have been possible inside a tree. Mgeni smelled sweet sap, and honey, and honeysuckles. He smelled hydrangeas and violets. He smelled lavender, jasmine, chamomile. Things that should not have been inside a tree. He walked towards the entrance, and reached out to push back the beads and vines. Those smells he smelled should not have been inside a tree, that was true. But as his red eyes widened, he found he was not inside the tree at all. "I can carry you now. I smell blood. Did you get hurt bad?" He turned, to see Droplet appear from the shadows. "I'll be fine." Mgeni insisted. "But I thought you said you couldn't be corporeal." "Just needed to eat first. It takes lots of energy." Droplet said. "I guess we go see the Gladekeeper now?" "I... I guess." Mgeni shivered, and passed through the vines. ----- Actually finished on time? What is this witchcraft. I'm so tired though. I have so little energy for anything. At least there's a national park forest ad below that endlessly amuses me given the scene I'm writing. @Alixe Part 1: Thank you, I'm glad you're anticipating future installments! ^^ Part 2: Droplet is hungry, that's what he is >:) Part 3: Alas, but one of his wings is malformed. Even if he wanted to, flying is not going to be in his future! Or is it >:) Part 4: Wildclaw is just a dragon. No special properties, just dragon. Or... was just a dragon, I should say. @Craneoflores Droplet always hungers. Always. @Clarax @Xemriss @Illuria @MissBlindBat @KyaniteGem @Leopardmask @Alixe @MorganK @Decidueye @CatkinStarchild @Silverhame @Craneoflores @BarbaraFett
Day 13
Material- Writing
3481.png

Mgeni gripped the steep incline, and began awkwardly with too-long legs and too-short arms able down the path he was supposed to fly. His wings spread out to keep balance. Or they were, if one wasn't malformed and tiny. He pressed them both to his side. Droplet climbed beside him.

"Can't fly. Wings not corporeal. Can't catch air."

They heard the Wildclaw pounding after him.The wildclaw's foot had grown back in minutes.

"Can't you go corporeal again?"

"Need to eat first."

The two of them scrambled down the steep incline as the wildclaw caught up to them.

Mgeni looked up as light glinted off the harpoon. Its wings extended. It, unlike them, could fly.

We're going to die. He thought, and looked down. It was too far to jump. He could only scramble. Scramble and-

"Look out!" The wound on his shoulder was suddenly sliced right open again, but something wasn't right. The bright red blood he expected, but something else, something bulbous popped from the wound. He shrieked, letting go of the wall, only catching himself further down.

"Mgeni!" He heard Droplet call. Droplet couldn't get hurt. He didn't answer. In the gloom, maybe the Wildclaw would think he was dead. He struggled to keep quiet as something pushed on his wound from the inside. The sap had invaded him.

He heard the flapping of wings, as the wildclaw circled above, and stabbing sounds as he tried to hit Droplet.

"I'll eat you!"Droplet threatened. "I'll eat you like i ate your foot!"

"You betrayed us! You brought a plague dragon here!"

"He didn't smell like disease, you said so yourself!"

"Hold still and accept your fate!"

Mgeni started crawling while the wildclaw was distracted, gritting his teeth against the pain, digging into the sap beneath his claws. His shoulder throbbed and pulsed. He had to keep going. He heard a shriek from the wildclaw. He ignored it, until he could see the bottom of the incline, and a light leading away from it. He looked up once he hit the ground, unable to see anything. Hear anything.

He could only move towards the light.

So he did. He hopped towards a blinding radiance that seemed to emanate from the tree, favoring his injured limb, scared to look at what poked from beneath his skin. He could only continue on, to what he assumed was the Gladekeeper's domain.

He limped towards what appeared to be an entrance, shrouded with vines so that he could not see the other side. And on these vines were small beads that plick-plicked each other with a gentle breeze that should not have been possible inside a tree.

Mgeni smelled sweet sap, and honey, and honeysuckles. He smelled hydrangeas and violets. He smelled lavender, jasmine, chamomile. Things that should not have been inside a tree. He walked towards the entrance, and reached out to push back the beads and vines.

Those smells he smelled should not have been inside a tree, that was true.

But as his red eyes widened, he found he was not inside the tree at all.

"I can carry you now. I smell blood. Did you get hurt bad?" He turned, to see Droplet appear from the shadows.

"I'll be fine." Mgeni insisted. "But I thought you said you couldn't be corporeal."

"Just needed to eat first. It takes lots of energy." Droplet said. "I guess we go see the Gladekeeper now?"

"I... I guess." Mgeni shivered, and passed through the vines.

Actually finished on time? What is this witchcraft. I'm so tired though. I have so little energy for anything. At least there's a national park forest ad below that endlessly amuses me given the scene I'm writing.

@Alixe Part 1: Thank you, I'm glad you're anticipating future installments! ^^
Part 2: Droplet is hungry, that's what he is >:)
Part 3: Alas, but one of his wings is malformed. Even if he wanted to, flying is not going to be in his future! Or is it >:)
Part 4: Wildclaw is just a dragon. No special properties, just dragon. Or... was just a dragon, I should say.

@Craneoflores Droplet always hungers. Always.

@Clarax @Xemriss @Illuria @MissBlindBat @KyaniteGem @Leopardmask @Alixe @MorganK @Decidueye @CatkinStarchild @Silverhame @Craneoflores @BarbaraFett

tumblr_odrv7zakOd1v1li10o1_400.png Doing Art for Apparel. See examples on my dragons!
@MoonlitLegacy
Droplet ate the wildclaw.
That is pretty amazing. I am rrally loving your story!!
@MoonlitLegacy
Droplet ate the wildclaw.
That is pretty amazing. I am rrally loving your story!!
=
@MoonlitLegacy [quote name="MoonlitLegacy" date=2017-05-14 21:11:27] "I'll eat you!"Droplet threatened. "I'll eat you like i ate your foot!" [/quote] Atta boy, Droplet, atta boy. Current headcanons about Droplet: 1. He is an experiment of the arcanist's perhaps, or a literal black hole 2. I know he is technically grown up, but in my mind he's still a hatchling so I'm very amused by the idea of a medium small-ish hatchling consuming and entire Wildclaw. (Is that just me that keeps imagining Droplet as a teenager/ older child dragon?) Also I think I have a guess as to what is inside Mgeni... but I wouldn't want to spoil some surprise. ;)
@MoonlitLegacy
MoonlitLegacy wrote on 2017-05-14:
"I'll eat you!"Droplet threatened. "I'll eat you like i ate your foot!"

Atta boy, Droplet, atta boy.

Current headcanons about Droplet:

1. He is an experiment of the arcanist's perhaps, or a literal black hole

2. I know he is technically grown up, but in my mind he's still a hatchling so I'm very amused by the idea of a medium small-ish hatchling consuming and entire Wildclaw. (Is that just me that keeps imagining Droplet as a teenager/ older child dragon?)

Also I think I have a guess as to what is inside Mgeni... but I wouldn't want to spoil some surprise. ;)
P0MOvQm.pngoA9oszV.png
[center][size=7]Day 14[/size] [size=5]Trinket- Art[/size] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/6e5dd5c94baaeae616c5de26d86d917b/tumblr_opzzjrCG451v1li10o1_1280.jpg[/img][/center] Mgeni took a deep breath, and troweled through the vines. The Behemoth was not just one massive tree- nothing growing could sustain itself for that extended length and width. Instead it was a conglomerate of hundreds, no, maybe thousands of trees, woven together and creating a hollow haven within. And it was into this sacred haven that Mgeni and Sound a Water Droplet Makes wandered. It was beautiful- wooden structures melting into the undergrowth, flowers everywhere. Mgeni would have felt even happier had he not been in pain. They brushed past a spot of lavender, and he wished he could stay among the calming blossoms, but instead he trudged on, beyond a whispering creek, to where there appeared to be a giant tree in the center of the ring of trees that made up Behemoth. "Is that her?" Mgeni asked Droplet. "Her who?" "The Gladekeeper." "... That's her, I think. I've never seen her." Droplet admitted. "Our first time." Droplet did not reply as they neared the structure. The goddess.The tree Mgeni had seen in his dream. As the two of them walked, Droplet turned to Mgeni. "Your shoulder looks strange. Is that the harpoon?" "No." Mgeni said. "I don't know what it is, but I'm sure it has something to do with the goddess." He said. "She wouldn't do that." It was Mgeni's turn to stay quiet. What would or wouldn't the goddess do? He didn't know. But he couldn't back out now, not after all they'd done to get in. Mgeni was almost close enough to make out her feature when two guards pointed their arrows at him and Droplet. Two Wildclaw guards, just like the ones before. Mgeni shrank into Droplet. "I need to see the Gladekeeper." Mgeni said quietly, snapping his eyes shut. He hoped they hadn't seen. But his eyes were large. If they'd seen his face, surely... "You're the plague hatchling." One of them said, "the one she was trying to destroy." [i]So she does want to kill me. I guess there's no reasoning- no, I have to try. I knew she wanted to kill me before![/i] "Yes." No use hiding it. "... Come with us then." The wildclaw's face betrayed nothing, with no crests to read. "And bring your friend. We have some words for him, as well." ----- So it's national chocolate chip cookie day today but yesterday I made myself sick consuming 3 boxes worth so it's like today is mocking me. Also, finally a trinket! I have waited for so long. I have so many arts. @Illuria Thanks! Droplet did what he had to do. @Craneoflores I can confirm nor deny nothing on droplet's origins nor his horrifying ability to eat anything and everything. As for ages, I still see them as... older children, at this point. @Clarax @Xemriss @Illuria @MissBlindBat @KyaniteGem @Leopardmask @Alixe @MorganK @Decidueye @CatkinStarchild @Silverhame @Craneoflores @BarbaraFett
Day 14
Trinket- Art
tumblr_opzzjrCG451v1li10o1_1280.jpg

Mgeni took a deep breath, and troweled through the vines.

The Behemoth was not just one massive tree- nothing growing could sustain itself for that extended length and width. Instead it was a conglomerate of hundreds, no, maybe thousands of trees, woven together and creating a hollow haven within.

And it was into this sacred haven that Mgeni and Sound a Water Droplet Makes wandered.

It was beautiful- wooden structures melting into the undergrowth, flowers everywhere. Mgeni would have felt even happier had he not been in pain.

They brushed past a spot of lavender, and he wished he could stay among the calming blossoms, but instead he trudged on, beyond a whispering creek, to where there appeared to be a giant tree in the center of the ring of trees that made up Behemoth.

"Is that her?" Mgeni asked Droplet.

"Her who?"

"The Gladekeeper."

"... That's her, I think. I've never seen her." Droplet admitted.

"Our first time."

Droplet did not reply as they neared the structure. The goddess.The tree Mgeni had seen in his dream.

As the two of them walked, Droplet turned to Mgeni.

"Your shoulder looks strange. Is that the harpoon?"

"No." Mgeni said. "I don't know what it is, but I'm sure it has something to do with the goddess." He said.

"She wouldn't do that."

It was Mgeni's turn to stay quiet. What would or wouldn't the goddess do? He didn't know. But he couldn't back out now, not after all they'd done to get in.

Mgeni was almost close enough to make out her feature when two guards pointed their arrows at him and Droplet. Two Wildclaw guards, just like the ones before. Mgeni shrank into Droplet.

"I need to see the Gladekeeper." Mgeni said quietly, snapping his eyes shut. He hoped they hadn't seen. But his eyes were large. If they'd seen his face, surely...

"You're the plague hatchling." One of them said, "the one she was trying to destroy."

So she does want to kill me. I guess there's no reasoning- no, I have to try. I knew she wanted to kill me before!

"Yes." No use hiding it.

"... Come with us then." The wildclaw's face betrayed nothing, with no crests to read. "And bring your friend. We have some words for him, as well."

So it's national chocolate chip cookie day today but yesterday I made myself sick consuming 3 boxes worth so it's like today is mocking me. Also, finally a trinket! I have waited for so long. I have so many arts.

@Illuria Thanks! Droplet did what he had to do.

@Craneoflores I can confirm nor deny nothing on droplet's origins nor his horrifying ability to eat anything and everything. As for ages, I still see them as... older children, at this point.

@Clarax @Xemriss @Illuria @MissBlindBat @KyaniteGem @Leopardmask @Alixe @MorganK @Decidueye @CatkinStarchild @Silverhame @Craneoflores @BarbaraFett
tumblr_odrv7zakOd1v1li10o1_400.png Doing Art for Apparel. See examples on my dragons!
That art is so wonderful! Is it watercolours? Either way, I love Mgeni's expression. Awesome update <3
That art is so wonderful! Is it watercolours? Either way, I love Mgeni's expression. Awesome update <3
They/them |-+-| FR+0
My accent hunt thread

LF Marigold/Moss/Oilslick
Earthdragon!
tumblr_ofmwk0DOBt1u3wsjco2_250.png
[center][size=7]Day 15[/size] [size=5]Material- Writing[/size] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/1863.png[/img][/center] The moment was finally here. Mgeni and Droplet trailed behind the Wildclaw guards, past the wooden homes melded perfectly into the scenery, past dragons who belonged here. Mgeni walked closer to Droplet, nervous. His shoulder pulsed and pulled and squirmed, and the smell made him uncomfortable. Not like rot, like... He couldn't pull the idea from the dirt, but there was something sinister about the scent of his own blood. Or was it? "I'm scared." He wasn't sure if he himself had admitted it aloud or Droplet, but the two turned to each other, and nodded softly. They were both scared. "Thank you for taking me this far, Sound a Water Droplet Makes. I'm sorry... if it doesn't end well." Mgeni said, his crests flat against his face in fear. Droplet nodded, extending his tail as if to brush Mgeni's back reassuringly. "I don't mind. You're my first friend. Most dragons don't like me. I was marked for exaltation. Called fodder. With you, I don't feel like fodder." Droplet smiled, and Mgeni noticed that his smile was more like a crack in his face than a mouth. But he was not afraid of Droplet. He wondered what fodder meant, briefly, and assumed it had something to do with his status as an exalted dragon. "You're my first friend, too." Mgeni said. "My only friend." [i] My only friend. My last friend. How could I drag you into this?[/i] "Do you think I'll always be?" Droplet asked, walking closer to him. "... Maybe, Droplet." The Wildclaw guards turned and motioned for them to be silent as they approached the massive dragon goddess. Mgeni tried to shrivel his fear, but he felt his courage wilt inside him instead. This was the end. "Oh great goddess of the green, we have captured the rebellious exalted and the plague hatchling, and they have requested an audience with you before they are led to be recycled." One of the wildclaws said as they both bowed before the giant creature. Both Mgeni and Droplet mirrored this bow. The great creature's head turned to them, and gestured with a paw that seemed as big as the sky for the two hatchlings to come forward. Though, as Mgeni observed himself and his friend, they were not much hatchlings anymore. He walked forward. Droplet walked forward. The wildclaw guards stepped far, far back. The Gladekeeper observed the hatchlings for a moment. "Speak."She commanded suddenly, her voice rough like oak tree bark. Mgeni took another pawstep forward, forcing his crests flat. But before he could, Droplet opened his mouth. "Mighty goddess. I ... I have been sent from the Clan of Whispers, to serve you. I am sorry for causing all this. I did not know the laws. I just wanted to help my best friend." He bowed his head, scuffing the ground with his paw. "Then why, tiny hatchling, do you smell of the Shade? It is weak, but your breath carries the scent of the void far beyond the stars." Gladekeeper rumbled. "They say my father was a shade abomination, but it was never confirmed. I hatched alone, and then was sent here after my home refused to allow me to stay." Droplet said. "I've always been alone, until I made a friend. Please don't kill him, I don't want to be alone again-!" "Hush, hatchling. We will decide your fate later. As for [i]you[/i], plagueborn. What do you have to say for yourself? I gave you fair warning to leave the jungle, and you sneak into the very heart of it. What is your justification for such endangering acts?" Her eyes blazed with rage, and her power seemed ready to snap around him, like a venus flytrap. "Gladekeeper." He said, looking up at her. "I know you told me in a dream that if I remained in the Viridian Labrynth that you would kill me, but I cannot leave it. There are plague dragons who want me dead circling outside the territory, and they would take a more painful death." "You are still a danger to this territory. You are a plague, and carry with you the denizens of disease. And will need to be destroyed." "Please, I came here to ask for sanctuary. Personally, ask for sanctuary. Please. I'll do anything. I'll stop being plague. I'll do anything you want me to, except leave. Just, let me stay here. Alive. Please. Anything." "Anything, you say?" The Gladekeeper paused at this, inspecting him closely. "Anything." "Do you swear it, little plague?" "I swear by anything you or I hold dear. I'll do anything to stay here in the Viridian Labrynth. Haven't just coming here after everything proven that?" Mgeni asked. "And you will do anything to stay in the Viridian Labrynth." She said, leaning her face down to him. "Anything." "..." She paused a great length of time, and shook her shoulders. The leaves hissed as they fell against each other, sending a shower not unlike the shedding of a beast. Then she looked down, her green eyes curious. "Then, little plague. If you are truly willing to do anything, then follow. And we will take away your plagues." ----- You might just live to regret your word choice, Mgeni. @Missblindbat Thank you! Yes, those are watercolors. ^^ @Clarax @Xemriss @Illuria @MissBlindBat @KyaniteGem @Leopardmask @Alixe @MorganK @Decidueye @CatkinStarchild @Silverhame @Craneoflores @BarbaraFett
Day 15
Material- Writing
1863.png

The moment was finally here.

Mgeni and Droplet trailed behind the Wildclaw guards, past the wooden homes melded perfectly into the scenery, past dragons who belonged here. Mgeni walked closer to Droplet, nervous. His shoulder pulsed and pulled and squirmed, and the smell made him uncomfortable. Not like rot, like...

He couldn't pull the idea from the dirt, but there was something sinister about the scent of his own blood. Or was it?

"I'm scared."

He wasn't sure if he himself had admitted it aloud or Droplet, but the two turned to each other, and nodded softly. They were both scared.

"Thank you for taking me this far, Sound a Water Droplet Makes. I'm sorry... if it doesn't end well." Mgeni said, his crests flat against his face in fear. Droplet nodded, extending his tail as if to brush Mgeni's back reassuringly.

"I don't mind. You're my first friend. Most dragons don't like me. I was marked for exaltation. Called fodder. With you, I don't feel like fodder." Droplet smiled, and Mgeni noticed that his smile was more like a crack in his face than a mouth. But he was not afraid of Droplet. He wondered what fodder meant, briefly, and assumed it had something to do with his status as an exalted dragon.

"You're my first friend, too." Mgeni said. "My only friend."
My only friend. My last friend. How could I drag you into this?

"Do you think I'll always be?" Droplet asked, walking closer to him.

"... Maybe, Droplet."

The Wildclaw guards turned and motioned for them to be silent as they approached the massive dragon goddess. Mgeni tried to shrivel his fear, but he felt his courage wilt inside him instead. This was the end.

"Oh great goddess of the green, we have captured the rebellious exalted and the plague hatchling, and they have requested an audience with you before they are led to be recycled." One of the wildclaws said as they both bowed before the giant creature. Both Mgeni and Droplet mirrored this bow.

The great creature's head turned to them, and gestured with a paw that seemed as big as the sky for the two hatchlings to come forward. Though, as Mgeni observed himself and his friend, they were not much hatchlings anymore.

He walked forward.

Droplet walked forward.

The wildclaw guards stepped far, far back.

The Gladekeeper observed the hatchlings for a moment.

"Speak."She commanded suddenly, her voice rough like oak tree bark. Mgeni took another pawstep forward, forcing his crests flat. But before he could, Droplet opened his mouth.

"Mighty goddess. I ... I have been sent from the Clan of Whispers, to serve you. I am sorry for causing all this. I did not know the laws. I just wanted to help my best friend." He bowed his head, scuffing the ground with his paw.

"Then why, tiny hatchling, do you smell of the Shade? It is weak, but your breath carries the scent of the void far beyond the stars." Gladekeeper rumbled.

"They say my father was a shade abomination, but it was never confirmed. I hatched alone, and then was sent here after my home refused to allow me to stay." Droplet said. "I've always been alone, until I made a friend. Please don't kill him, I don't want to be alone again-!"

"Hush, hatchling. We will decide your fate later. As for you, plagueborn. What do you have to say for yourself? I gave you fair warning to leave the jungle, and you sneak into the very heart of it. What is your justification for such endangering acts?" Her eyes blazed with rage, and her power seemed ready to snap around him, like a venus flytrap.

"Gladekeeper." He said, looking up at her. "I know you told me in a dream that if I remained in the Viridian Labrynth that you would kill me, but I cannot leave it. There are plague dragons who want me dead circling outside the territory, and they would take a more painful death."

"You are still a danger to this territory. You are a plague, and carry with you the denizens of disease. And will need to be destroyed."

"Please, I came here to ask for sanctuary. Personally, ask for sanctuary. Please. I'll do anything. I'll stop being plague. I'll do anything you want me to, except leave. Just, let me stay here. Alive. Please. Anything."

"Anything, you say?" The Gladekeeper paused at this, inspecting him closely.

"Anything."

"Do you swear it, little plague?"

"I swear by anything you or I hold dear. I'll do anything to stay here in the Viridian Labrynth. Haven't just coming here after everything proven that?" Mgeni asked.

"And you will do anything to stay in the Viridian Labrynth." She said, leaning her face down to him.

"Anything."

"..." She paused a great length of time, and shook her shoulders. The leaves hissed as they fell against each other, sending a shower not unlike the shedding of a beast. Then she looked down, her green eyes curious. "Then, little plague. If you are truly willing to do anything, then follow. And we will take away your plagues."

You might just live to regret your word choice, Mgeni.

@Missblindbat Thank you! Yes, those are watercolors. ^^

@MoonlitLegacy
Ah! Finally there she is, the Gladekeeper. Nice to see our antagonist (?) in the flesh bark.
And Mgeni, son, this is gonna end poorly. But then again, what are your choices... that guy just won't catch a break, will he?
Droplet being somehow connected to the shade (or maybe something else that is like the shade?) makes sense in a way.
Lastly: I wanted to know when you will consider this challenge to be over (besides the "everybody's dead " route)?
@MoonlitLegacy
Ah! Finally there she is, the Gladekeeper. Nice to see our antagonist (?) in the flesh bark.
And Mgeni, son, this is gonna end poorly. But then again, what are your choices... that guy just won't catch a break, will he?
Droplet being somehow connected to the shade (or maybe something else that is like the shade?) makes sense in a way.
Lastly: I wanted to know when you will consider this challenge to be over (besides the "everybody's dead " route)?
9-F6-B0762-E746-471-B-9-A5-C-C2-D0-B32-B0-BB9.png
Oh no, Mgeni... taking away plagues doesn't sound so good. At least, not for you.

I end up liking Droplet more and more after every chapter. Now he's a rambunctious shade-touched space-mouthed dragon-eating young adult with a friendship! What's not to love?
Oh no, Mgeni... taking away plagues doesn't sound so good. At least, not for you.

I end up liking Droplet more and more after every chapter. Now he's a rambunctious shade-touched space-mouthed dragon-eating young adult with a friendship! What's not to love?
P0MOvQm.pngoA9oszV.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8