Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Paresseux Lore
1 2
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/4tanp5y4tyh09yi/shadowtop.png[/img] Please do not reply to this thread, as it's a way for me to keep up with my clans and the most important members in a clear, concise way, especially to introduce new friends and others to my lore. If you have questions, comments, or concerns, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2995068]please use my discussion thread![/url] I'm always open to critique so long as it's constructive, and I'm open to building lore with others! [sub]Notes: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=30450&did=2177898]All Flags and Dividers credited to Osium[/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yglin87tc1e2r26/shadowbottom.png[/img] [/center]
shadowtop.png

Please do not reply to this thread, as it's a way for me to keep up with my clans and the most important members in a clear, concise way, especially to introduce new friends and others to my lore.

If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please use my discussion thread!
I'm always open to critique so long as it's constructive, and I'm open to building lore with others!

Notes:
All Flags and Dividers credited to Osium
shadowbottom.png

IB7Plwf.png
[columns][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mxif1pq882vje14/shadowv1.png[/img][nextcol] [center][font=book antique][size=6]The Revelers [/size] -------------- [font=book antique]Revelry, Dance, Destruction... Freedom. This is what we are. Who we are. The Revelers exist as a great force on the southwest side of The Tangled Wood. With a Guard like an army and Council of arguably some of the most dangerous dragons known to Sorneith, they are not to be reckoned with. But it is not this that they are known for. The Revels. Every once in a blue moon, The Revelers open their lair to any and all to participate in a public Revel. To revel is to lose yourself to base instinct. To feel the freedom from any burdens of the mind. To exist, for a few hours, in a world where all are equal. Beggar and king dance and sing along together. When not reveling and mixing, the lair appears split into two halves. One half who choose to follow the ShadowBinder, and those who follow the Twelfth, a deity of curious origins. The Council choose to appear neutral to the chosen spiritualities of the clan.[nextcol] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/0i3y6eir84ouql5/arcanev1.png[/img][/columns] [center][font=book antique][size=6]history [/size][/center] [font=book antique]Imirear and Limiri were crafted by the Arcanist to build a clan eons ago. Making the Revelers perhaps one of the oldest clans in existance. The Nebula's Center was formed in the Reaches, a clan dedicated to learning the anomalies of Sorneith. But not dedicated enough. Imirear was drawn every day back to the Arcanist and Limiri did not have the willpower to lead the clan when she finally left to serve their god. Especially not while a pearlcatcher wove words of Plague among the clan. Comet was a kind woman, but she had been raised in Plague. Her praying tongue was only ever to the Mother of Filth. When she came to The Nebula's Center, it became very obvious she did not belong. And yet Imirear saw something in her. Whether out of desperation to return to her deity or driven by some strange force, she named Comet her successor. Comet moved the clan to Plague and the clan shed their scholar's robes for adrenaline and revelry. Some will argue the clan was truely born when Comet cast her hands into the Wyrmwound, crafting a volatile disease with both Plague and Arcane magic. The Reveling Decay. It twisted the infected, and those who survived came out stronger. Comet ruled the clan for a long time, her loyal second Xenagos and her sons, Puck and the siamese twins Erebos and Phenax, helped her maintain a solid hold over the chaos of the plague clan. But it was not to last forever. Xenagos was not so loyal as he seemed and one day turned on her in the dead of night after a hard revel. Had she not woken, perhaps Xenagos would rule to this day. But she screamed, and Puck was witness to his treachery. True, Plague clans thrive on the survival of the fittest. By the law of the land, Xenagos was right to take over the clan. But where Comet was weak to Xenagos, Xenagos was weak to Puck. The adopted son of the pearlcatcher flew into a rage at the sight of his mother's body. And so came the glory days in Plague. Puck was a young leader, but he wasn't stupid. He ruled as Comet had raised him. And he ruled through the Rise of the Beastclans. He allied the Revelers with the Serthis and the Maren. He defended against the Talenok and the Harpies and other dragons who saw the alliances as weakness. Puck gathered allies under them, stretching from Ice to Nature, the Revels grew under his command. But for all his aggressive leadership, his mother's kindness for the littlest members remained. And when he found a little blue and orange hatchling trembling in the sinews of The Wandering Contagion, he did as his mother once did for him, and adopted Icthanil into the clan. Icthanil suffered the longest through The Decay, and his suffering was the one and only thing that ever made Puck's faith in the Plaguebringer waver. And when he pulled through, many in the clan regarded Icthanil as weak, pitiful and unworthy of the leader's attention. But Puck stuck through it and defended Icthanil to the last. Then the Coffins came. Coffins, a horror of horrors. Guardians for whom Their grief of a charge's death did not kill them, but twisted them. Great hulking beasts with no mind but to defend something against nothing. Paranoia gone rampant. And two of them descended upon the clan in the twilight. The lair, grand and hardy, was turned to ruins in mere minutes. Puck was valiant to defend survivors as they fled, but his arm was caught in one mouth and his wing in another. And that day, the night sky swallowed two Coffins in broad daylight. Icthanil's power launched to a grief-laden crescendo and the pitiful beasts were laid to rest once and for all. Puck was crippled, and laid unconcious for three days. In which time Icthanil had the clan retreat to Shadow. Puck was furious when he awoke, but in the wake of his wounds and Icthanil's newfound respect from the clan, he had no say in the matter. The clan found a deep gorge near the great Forum of the Obscured Crescent. It was too large for the small, devastated clan at the time, but it was sheltered protection. In their weakened state, many enemies were hot on their tails. The gorge proved to be easy to defend, and they have not left to this day. In their weakened state, use of the Decay fell by the way side, now only used by those still devout to the Plaguebringer. They welcomed strange and outcast dragons, such as Sybil, and as soon as word got out, they became a haven for the lost, the unwanted, and the abandoned. The devastated clan soon became a thriving city in a few years time under Icthanil's rule. Puck's fury, however, remained. And after those few years, a civil war broke out between father and son. It raged, bloody and all but endless, until it got so bad that Limiri ventured to the great observatory and returned with a furious Imirear. She forced a ceasefire with iron claws. But the most furious revel followed days after. By the end of it, the clan was one again and Icthanil organized the Council soon after. [font=courier][b]Lair Location[/b] ......................... [map poi=142 view=land width=480 height=240][/map]
shadowv1.png
The Revelers

Revelry, Dance, Destruction...

Freedom.

This is what we are. Who we are.

The Revelers exist as a great force on the southwest side of The Tangled Wood. With a Guard like an army and Council of arguably some of the most dangerous dragons known to Sorneith, they are not to be reckoned with. But it is not this that they are known for.

The Revels.

Every once in a blue moon, The Revelers open their lair to any and all to participate in a public Revel. To revel is to lose yourself to base instinct. To feel the freedom from any burdens of the mind. To exist, for a few hours, in a world where all are equal. Beggar and king dance and sing along together.

When not reveling and mixing, the lair appears split into two halves. One half who choose to follow the ShadowBinder, and those who follow the Twelfth, a deity of curious origins.

The Council choose to appear neutral to the chosen spiritualities of the clan.
arcanev1.png
history

Imirear and Limiri were crafted by the Arcanist to build a clan eons ago. Making the Revelers perhaps one of the oldest clans in existance. The Nebula's Center was formed in the Reaches, a clan dedicated to learning the anomalies of Sorneith. But not dedicated enough. Imirear was drawn every day back to the Arcanist and Limiri did not have the willpower to lead the clan when she finally left to serve their god. Especially not while a pearlcatcher wove words of Plague among the clan.

Comet was a kind woman, but she had been raised in Plague. Her praying tongue was only ever to the Mother of Filth. When she came to The Nebula's Center, it became very obvious she did not belong. And yet Imirear saw something in her. Whether out of desperation to return to her deity or driven by some strange force, she named Comet her successor. Comet moved the clan to Plague and the clan shed their scholar's robes for adrenaline and revelry. Some will argue the clan was truely born when Comet cast her hands into the Wyrmwound, crafting a volatile disease with both Plague and Arcane magic.

The Reveling Decay.

It twisted the infected, and those who survived came out stronger. Comet ruled the clan for a long time, her loyal second Xenagos and her sons, Puck and the siamese twins Erebos and Phenax, helped her maintain a solid hold over the chaos of the plague clan. But it was not to last forever. Xenagos was not so loyal as he seemed and one day turned on her in the dead of night after a hard revel. Had she not woken, perhaps Xenagos would rule to this day. But she screamed, and Puck was witness to his treachery.

True, Plague clans thrive on the survival of the fittest. By the law of the land, Xenagos was right to take over the clan. But where Comet was weak to Xenagos, Xenagos was weak to Puck. The adopted son of the pearlcatcher flew into a rage at the sight of his mother's body. And so came the glory days in Plague.

Puck was a young leader, but he wasn't stupid. He ruled as Comet had raised him. And he ruled through the Rise of the Beastclans. He allied the Revelers with the Serthis and the Maren. He defended against the Talenok and the Harpies and other dragons who saw the alliances as weakness. Puck gathered allies under them, stretching from Ice to Nature, the Revels grew under his command. But for all his aggressive leadership, his mother's kindness for the littlest members remained. And when he found a little blue and orange hatchling trembling in the sinews of The Wandering Contagion, he did as his mother once did for him, and adopted Icthanil into the clan.

Icthanil suffered the longest through The Decay, and his suffering was the one and only thing that ever made Puck's faith in the Plaguebringer waver. And when he pulled through, many in the clan regarded Icthanil as weak, pitiful and unworthy of the leader's attention. But Puck stuck through it and defended Icthanil to the last. Then the Coffins came.

Coffins, a horror of horrors. Guardians for whom Their grief of a charge's death did not kill them, but twisted them. Great hulking beasts with no mind but to defend something against nothing. Paranoia gone rampant. And two of them descended upon the clan in the twilight. The lair, grand and hardy, was turned to ruins in mere minutes. Puck was valiant to defend survivors as they fled, but his arm was caught in one mouth and his wing in another.

And that day, the night sky swallowed two Coffins in broad daylight. Icthanil's power launched to a grief-laden crescendo and the pitiful beasts were laid to rest once and for all. Puck was crippled, and laid unconcious for three days. In which time Icthanil had the clan retreat to Shadow. Puck was furious when he awoke, but in the wake of his wounds and Icthanil's newfound respect from the clan, he had no say in the matter.

The clan found a deep gorge near the great Forum of the Obscured Crescent. It was too large for the small, devastated clan at the time, but it was sheltered protection. In their weakened state, many enemies were hot on their tails. The gorge proved to be easy to defend, and they have not left to this day. In their weakened state, use of the Decay fell by the way side, now only used by those still devout to the Plaguebringer. They welcomed strange and outcast dragons, such as Sybil, and as soon as word got out, they became a haven for the lost, the unwanted, and the abandoned. The devastated clan soon became a thriving city in a few years time under Icthanil's rule.

Puck's fury, however, remained. And after those few years, a civil war broke out between father and son. It raged, bloody and all but endless, until it got so bad that Limiri ventured to the great observatory and returned with a furious Imirear. She forced a ceasefire with iron claws. But the most furious revel followed days after. By the end of it, the clan was one again and Icthanil organized the Council soon after.

Lair Location
IB7Plwf.png
[columns][center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/shadow_3.png[/img][/center] [center][font=georgia]The Council[/font] ------- [SUB]I C T H A N I L[/SUB] [sup]Leader Commander in Chief[/sup] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/65314/6531356p.png[/img] [sub]C R O S S[/SUB] [sup]Magical Affairs Magical Warfare[/sup] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/208002/20800128p.png[/img] [SUB]C O R P S E[/SUB] [sup]Diplomatic Affairs[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/652395/65239489p.png[/img] [SUB]Y A K O V[/SUB] [sup]Technological Affairs[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/588445/58844453p.png[/img] [SUB]A E T H E R[/SUB] [sup]Unknown/Shade-related Affairs[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/615680/61567929p.png[/img][/center][nextcol][columns][color=transparent]XXXXXXXXXXX[/color][nextcol][right][font=baskerville][size=4][i]"The art of communication is the language of leadership."[/i][/size][/font][/right] [right][sup][b] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/b][/sup] [/right][nextcol][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/o06ec0bbafalzo6/shadowvs1.png[/img][/columns] [center]The Council run the Revelers. Their decisions are law, even to the gods in their company. --- [i][u][b]I[/b]cthanil[/u][/i] is shy, withdrawn, but like his predecessor, is kind hearted and stubborn. After the attack on the clan which crippled Puck, his sudden confidence and competence as a leader cast aside former views of him. He is clever, strong, and gently spoken. --- [i][u][b]C[/b]ross[/u][/i] learned, as a child, not what he shouldn't do, but rather, what not to get [i]caught[/i] doing. He knows the pet peeves and the limits of his clanmates, and he knows just how to manipulate them to do what he needs. And this lends great help to the clan in times of need, and keeps the council on their toes. --- [i][u][b]C[/b]orpse,[/u][/i] primal son of Lethal and Sybil, acts as the main diplomat to the clan, despite his young age. A diplomat and former spy, his silver tongue and careful observations keep the council on solid ground in their dreamings and ambition. --- [i][u][b]Y[/b]akov[/u][/i] is a distant relative to the once-known Naomi, and while he does make most lightning-based creations 'glitch'--thus his title--he knows them intimately. His calm demeanor and gentle, but stern, words of encouragement and criticism make him a valuable, sturdy part of Icthanil's inner circle. --- [i][u][b]A[/b]ether[/u][/i] is a recent addition, but an exceedingly important member of the Council. His intimate knowledge of the Shade and many things Unknown has helped make leaps and bounds with The Reveler's relationships with other clans who house those afflicted by the eldritch.[/columns]
shadow_3.png
The Council

I C T H A N I L
Leader
Commander in Chief

6531356p.png

C R O S S
Magical Affairs
Magical Warfare

20800128p.png

C O R P S E
Diplomatic Affairs
65239489p.png

Y A K O V
Technological Affairs
58844453p.png

A E T H E R
Unknown/Shade-related Affairs
61567929p.png
XXXXXXXXXXX
"The art of communication is the language of leadership."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

shadowvs1.png
The Council run the Revelers. Their decisions are law, even to the gods in their company.

---

Icthanil is shy, withdrawn, but like his predecessor, is kind hearted and stubborn.

After the attack on the clan which crippled Puck, his sudden confidence and competence as a leader cast aside former views of him.

He is clever, strong, and gently spoken.

---

Cross learned, as a child, not what he shouldn't do, but rather, what not to get caught doing. He knows the pet peeves and the limits of his clanmates, and he knows just how to manipulate them to do what he needs.

And this lends great help to the clan in times of need, and keeps the council on their toes.

---

Corpse, primal son of Lethal and Sybil, acts as the main diplomat to the clan, despite his young age.

A diplomat and former spy, his silver tongue and careful observations keep the council on solid ground in their dreamings and ambition.

---

Yakov is a distant relative to the once-known Naomi, and while he does make most lightning-based creations 'glitch'--thus his title--he knows them intimately.

His calm demeanor and gentle, but stern, words of encouragement and criticism make him a valuable, sturdy part of Icthanil's inner circle.

---

Aether is a recent addition, but an exceedingly important member of the Council.

His intimate knowledge of the Shade and many things Unknown has helped make leaps and bounds with The Reveler's relationships with other clans who house those afflicted by the eldritch.
IB7Plwf.png
[columns][center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/nature_0.png[/img][/center] [center][font=georgia]The Healer's Grove[/font] ------- [SUB]A S I E D[/SUB] [sup]Specialty: Herbal Treatments and Infections[/sup] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/582335/58233408p.png[/img] [sub]C O R A L[/SUB] [sup]Specialty: Midwife and Hatchling Care[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/204306/20430533p.png[/img] [SUB]C E R N U N N O S[/SUB] [sup]Specialty: General Medicine[/sup] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/56096/5609575p.png[/img] [SUB]IDOLOMANTIS[/SUB] [sup]Specialty: Broken Bones, Lacerations[/sup] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/212196/21219526p.png[/img] [SUB]T U K I H[/SUB] [sup]Specialty: Poisonings[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/672059/67205871p.png[/img][/center][nextcol] [columns][right][font=baskerville][size=4][i]"Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them."[/i][/size][/font][/right] [right][sup][b] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/b][/sup][/right] [nextcol][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dt47wjb88mgwvgj/naturevs1.png[/img][/columns] [center]Branching off the main chasm the Revelers are settled in, some sunlight filters through, but never reaches the murky bottom. Only enough gets through to feed the great tree growing there, barely touching its upper leaves. The base is a hub of activity. Clan members come and go, both for general check-ups and greater wounds. The tree is the Charge of River, a great guardian dragon who lived here before the Revelers came. Drawn to protect the small piece of Nature magic in the midst of Shadow. When Cernunnos arrived with the Revelers, She was appalled to learn they were treating Plague dragons in the wake of her Charge, but upon seeing the state the clan was in, she relented to letting them rest there. She came to meet Mei, a common visitor to the medical area. Mei showed her the careful ways of the Revelers around the tree. While many members were Plague, they had fled those lands. And Cernunnos, the head medic, held no ill will towards Nature and respected the tree, going so far as to chase off the devout Plaguelings of the clan back to the main chasm if they tried anything. River grew fond of Mei and slowly, quietly, she allowed the Revelers to stay longer and longer. She grew fond of the Revelers, after so long isolated on her own in Shadow. One day, she finally strode into the Council's chambers and demanded audience with them. So long that they promised to protect the tree as she did, to ensure her the safety of her charge, she would allow them to make the grove their medical settlement for good. Icthanil agreed with delight, and went even a step further. He sent their their water dragons to go in and enrich the swamp water feeding the tree and the grove and allowed some Light members to open the canopy just a bit more to allow the tree more sunlight. None will ever reach the shadowed floor, but the Tree is stronger than ever. Since, River has officially joined the clan and even feels safe to leave it in the Medics' hands while she goes with Mei and Zeroth to the coliseum, claiming victory for the Revelers time and time again. The lush grove is now home to many, specialized medics and has also become the Nesting Grounds. Sybil, especially, loves staying here when nesting, the comfort of her birth flight combined with her found family is the perfect place to raise her and Lethal's hatchlings, especially now that her thick, poisonous ink doesn't harm the delightful plants.[/center][/columns]
nature_0.png
The Healer's
Grove

A S I E D
Specialty:
Herbal Treatments and Infections

58233408p.png

C O R A L
Specialty:
Midwife and Hatchling Care

20430533p.png

C E R N U N N O S
Specialty:
General Medicine

5609575p.png

IDOLOMANTIS
Specialty:
Broken Bones, Lacerations

21219526p.png

T U K I H
Specialty:
Poisonings

67205871p.png
"Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions.
They thrive because someone expended effort on them."

naturevs1.png
Branching off the main chasm the Revelers are settled in, some sunlight filters through, but never reaches the murky bottom. Only enough gets through to feed the great tree growing there, barely touching its upper leaves. The base is a hub of activity. Clan members come and go, both for general check-ups and greater wounds.

The tree is the Charge of River, a great guardian dragon who lived here before the Revelers came. Drawn to protect the small piece of Nature magic in the midst of Shadow.

When Cernunnos arrived with the Revelers, She was appalled to learn they were treating Plague dragons in the wake of her Charge, but upon seeing the state the clan was in, she relented to letting them rest there.

She came to meet Mei, a common visitor to the medical area. Mei showed her the careful ways of the Revelers around the tree. While many members were Plague, they had fled those lands. And Cernunnos, the head medic, held no ill will towards Nature and respected the tree, going so far as to chase off the devout Plaguelings of the clan back to the main chasm if they tried anything.

River grew fond of Mei and slowly, quietly, she allowed the Revelers to stay longer and longer. She grew fond of the Revelers, after so long isolated on her own in Shadow. One day, she finally strode into the Council's chambers and demanded audience with them.

So long that they promised to protect the tree as she did, to ensure her the safety of her charge, she would allow them to make the grove their medical settlement for good. Icthanil agreed with delight, and went even a step further. He sent their their water dragons to go in and enrich the swamp water feeding the tree and the grove and allowed some Light members to open the canopy just a bit more to allow the tree more sunlight. None will ever reach the shadowed floor, but the Tree is stronger than ever.

Since, River has officially joined the clan and even feels safe to leave it in the Medics' hands while she goes with Mei and Zeroth to the coliseum, claiming victory for the Revelers time and time again.

The lush grove is now home to many, specialized medics and has also become the Nesting Grounds. Sybil, especially, loves staying here when nesting, the comfort of her birth flight combined with her found family is the perfect place to raise her and Lethal's hatchlings, especially now that her thick, poisonous ink doesn't harm the delightful plants.

IB7Plwf.png
[columns][center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/wind_3.png[/img][/center] [center][font=georgia]The Merchants[/font] ------- [SUB]R A A L[/SUB] [sup]Organizer[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/651171/65117045p.png[/img] [sub]G I N O[/SUB] [sup]Bard[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/295975/29597466p.png[/img] [SUB]B L A I S E[/SUB] [sup]Ore Merchant[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/78078/7807748p.png[/img] [SUB]V I L I N[/SUB] [sup]Weapons Merchant[/sup] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/78078/7807749p.png[/img] [SUB]H O U S E S[/SUB] [sup]Clothing Merchant[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/339274/33927352p.png[/img][/center][nextcol] [columns][right][font=baskerville][size=4][i]"A merchant is someone who figures out how to select, how to smell, how to identify, how to feel, how to time, how to buy, how to sell, and how to hopefully have two plus two equal six."[/i][/size][/font][/right] [right][sup][b] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/b][/sup][/right] [nextcol][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/7g81ucxbureqyrs/windvs1.png[/img][/columns] [center]Laughter and joyful banter rise from the strange caravan before you. A mixture of Plague and Wind decorates them, bone windchimes and old leather stretched across to cover the carts. As you get closer, the smell of fire and spice excites. You stop creeping as you see others walking happily into the circle of carts, and find yourself swept into a bright, cheerful market. Some members, like Houses and Raal, are strange and queer, but their bright smiles and genuine love for their craft is soothing. Gino, a delightful pearlcatcher, sits by the fire, entertaining hatchlings and grown dragons alike as he plays his lute and tells fantastical stories, even drawing you in with one tale of a light angel defeating a great Shade-beast. When you can tear yourself away from the tales, you weave between other dragons, under imperial legs and over chattering fae, to the source of the smell from before. A Guardian openly hawks you over and gives you a bit of his cooking. His name is Hendricks, he's one of the guards of the caravan. He's happy to talk to you openly as he sells to others, not bothered in the slightest by your questions. He even encourages them and tells you fun little things about his friends. These are the travelling Merchants of a Shadow clan called the Revelers. Due to their large size and the obscurity of their flight, they send this group out to trade and share news with outside flights. It's a prosperous venture, and any dragons who miss their home flight or have wanderlust are always welcome to join each expedition. You apologize for taking up his time, but he waves a clawed hand to dismiss the worry. "It's not a problem, little one! This is what I get out for!" He grins and turns to his next customer. You take your grilled Zeeba and continue on your way, exploring each stall. At one, a pair of twins bicker back and forth. At another, a gaudy snapper calls for you to see her wonderful jewelry. Metal mined from Earth and worked in the furnaces of Fire, jewels plucked from the Crystalspine Reaches, copper wires charged by the Source itself. It's almost like a festival, but for all flights. And smaller, much smaller. Joy and wonder and life in one day and one night. You ask one if they'll stay long, but it isn't to be. Their goal is the Millmeadows this trip, and they don't have time or resources to have more than one day open to the public whenever they stop. You give a solumn nod and bid the travellers farewell and good luck. The next day, you see them on the road again. It's hard to tell from afar, but they seem just as chipper and happy on the road as they did during their market.[/center] [/columns]
wind_3.png
The Merchants

R A A L
Organizer
65117045p.png

G I N O
Bard
29597466p.png

B L A I S E
Ore Merchant
7807748p.png

V I L I N
Weapons Merchant
7807749p.png

H O U S E S
Clothing Merchant
33927352p.png
"A merchant is someone who figures out how to select, how to smell, how to
identify, how to feel, how to time, how to buy, how to sell,
and how to hopefully have two plus two equal six."

windvs1.png
Laughter and joyful banter rise from the strange caravan before you. A mixture of Plague and Wind decorates them, bone windchimes and old leather stretched across to cover the carts. As you get closer, the smell of fire and spice excites. You stop creeping as you see others walking happily into the circle of carts, and find yourself swept into a bright, cheerful market.

Some members, like Houses and Raal, are strange and queer, but their bright smiles and genuine love for their craft is soothing.

Gino, a delightful pearlcatcher, sits by the fire, entertaining hatchlings and grown dragons alike as he plays his lute and tells fantastical stories, even drawing you in with one tale of a light angel defeating a great Shade-beast.

When you can tear yourself away from the tales, you weave between other dragons, under imperial legs and over chattering fae, to the source of the smell from before. A Guardian openly hawks you over and gives you a bit of his cooking.

His name is Hendricks, he's one of the guards of the caravan. He's happy to talk to you openly as he sells to others, not bothered in the slightest by your questions. He even encourages them and tells you fun little things about his friends.

These are the travelling Merchants of a Shadow clan called the Revelers. Due to their large size and the obscurity of their flight, they send this group out to trade and share news with outside flights. It's a prosperous venture, and any dragons who miss their home flight or have wanderlust are always welcome to join each expedition.

You apologize for taking up his time, but he waves a clawed hand to dismiss the worry.

"It's not a problem, little one! This is what I get out for!" He grins and turns to his next customer.

You take your grilled Zeeba and continue on your way, exploring each stall. At one, a pair of twins bicker back and forth. At another, a gaudy snapper calls for you to see her wonderful jewelry. Metal mined from Earth and worked in the furnaces of Fire, jewels plucked from the Crystalspine Reaches, copper wires charged by the Source itself.

It's almost like a festival, but for all flights. And smaller, much smaller. Joy and wonder and life in one day and one night. You ask one if they'll stay long, but it isn't to be. Their goal is the Millmeadows this trip, and they don't have time or resources to have more than one day open to the public whenever they stop.

You give a solumn nod and bid the travellers farewell and good luck. The next day, you see them on the road again. It's hard to tell from afar, but they seem just as chipper and happy on the road as they did during their market.
IB7Plwf.png
[columns][center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/light_2.png[/img][/center] [center][font=georgia]The Church of the Twelfth[/font] ------- [SUB]E O S P H O R O S[/SUB] [sup]High Priest Shade-Taken Angel[/sup] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/135121/13512013p.png[/img] [sub]P A R E S S E[/SUB] [sup]Zealot Altar Care-Taker[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/699801/69980003p.png[/img] [SUB]I N V O K E R[/SUB] [sup]Scribe Prophet[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/589233/58923240p.png[/img] [SUB]S K O L L[/SUB] [sup]Archivist[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/538324/53832301p.png[/img] [SUB]O U R I E L[/SUB] [sup]Mercenary Guard[/sup] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/329503/32950272p.png[/img][/center][nextcol][columns][color=transparent]XXXXX[/color][nextcol][right][font=baskerville][size=4][i]"When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator."[/i][/size][/font][/right] [right][sup][b] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/b][/sup][/right] [nextcol][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9t8jw37oc6p9ov6/neutralvs1.png[/img][/columns] [center]The Church of the Twelfth are generally a very peculiar group, and are considered heretics through most of Sorneith. Though, with the amount of converts ever rising, there must be something to it, right? It began as The Library, an endless storage of knowledge underground in a strange labirynth. The Library was kept by a very odd, very large skydancer known as Ecxcabre, the only dragon able to navigate the labyrinth, even in pitch dark. The strange dragon's home seemed to reside directly below the clan's lair, and Ecxcabre became a regular visitor and was eventually considered a member of the clan, though they hardly spoke to anyone. Months later, Ecxcabre had fled the clan's lair in a flurry of panic and claws, never to be seen again. A shade taken imperial, Eosphoros, arrived to the clan much later, insistent that a skydancer had told him to enter the labyrinth. Though warned that he would get lost in there and starve, pushed past and into the depths of the cave. And found his way through. He insisted that 'the Twelfth' had given him guidance when he resurfaced eventually. When given a description of Ecxcabre, he agreed that this sounded like his deity. Many took this for shade-madness, but he never took a turn for the violent, being the most benevolent and kind person to many of the clan, even granting access to The Library for people who sought answers. Other dragons from outside the clan, both shade infected and not, began to journey to the Library, some at Eos's bidding, others simply because they held a steadfast curiosity. And so it began. Some newer members of the church began to call [i]Ecxcabre[/i] the Twelfth great Deity of Sorneith and it spread far and wide. Even now the highest and oldest members of the church, especially those who once knew Ecxcabre personally, have given and and begun to call Ecxcabre the Twelfth. Their teachings are of self preservation and awareness, of love, of freedom, of creativity.[/center] [/columns]
light_2.png
The Church of the Twelfth

E O S P H O R O S
High Priest
Shade-Taken Angel

13512013p.png

P A R E S S E
Zealot
Altar Care-Taker

69980003p.png

I N V O K E R
Scribe
Prophet

58923240p.png

S K O L L
Archivist
53832301p.png

O U R I E L
Mercenary
Guard

32950272p.png
XXXXX
"When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon,
my soul expands in the worship of the creator."

neutralvs1.png

The Church of the Twelfth are generally a very peculiar group, and are considered heretics through most of Sorneith. Though, with the amount of converts ever rising, there must be something to it, right?

It began as The Library, an endless storage of knowledge underground in a strange labirynth. The Library was kept by a very odd, very large skydancer known as Ecxcabre, the only dragon able to navigate the labyrinth, even in pitch dark.

The strange dragon's home seemed to reside directly below the clan's lair, and Ecxcabre became a regular visitor and was eventually considered a member of the clan, though they hardly spoke to anyone.

Months later, Ecxcabre had fled the clan's lair in a flurry of panic and claws, never to be seen again.

A shade taken imperial, Eosphoros, arrived to the clan much later, insistent that a skydancer had told him to enter the labyrinth. Though warned that he would get lost in there and starve, pushed past and into the depths of the cave.

And found his way through.

He insisted that 'the Twelfth' had given him guidance when he resurfaced eventually. When given a description of Ecxcabre, he agreed that this sounded like his deity.

Many took this for shade-madness, but he never took a turn for the violent, being the most benevolent and kind person to many of the clan, even granting access to The Library for people who sought answers.

Other dragons from outside the clan, both shade infected and not, began to journey to the Library, some at Eos's bidding, others simply because they held a steadfast curiosity.

And so it began.

Some newer members of the church began to call Ecxcabre the Twelfth great Deity of Sorneith and it spread far and wide. Even now the highest and oldest members of the church, especially those who once knew Ecxcabre personally, have given and and begun to call Ecxcabre the Twelfth.

Their teachings are of self preservation and awareness, of love, of freedom, of creativity.
IB7Plwf.png
[columns][center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/arcane_1.png[/img][/center] [center][font=georgia]The Dancers and Spies[/font] ------- [SUB]F U S S A[/SUB] [sup]Spymaster Favored Dancer[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/721846/72184552p.png[/img] [sub]T R A C E R[/SUB] [sup]Head Dancer Song Writer[/sup] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/73662/7366139p.png[/img] [SUB]A S T E R O T H[/SUB] [sup]Favored Dancer Spy[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/130097/13009659p.png[/img] [SUB]R A G E[/SUB] [sup]Rogue Dancer[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/582695/58269409p.png[/img] [SUB]V I C E[/SUB] [sup]Silk Guard Mate to Rage[/sup] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/223353/22335262p.png[/img][/center][nextcol] [columns][color=transparent]XXXXXXX[/color][nextcol][right][font=baskerville][size=4][i]"Elegance is a glowing inner peace. Grace is an ability to give as well as to receive and be thankful."[/i][/size][/font][/right] [right][sup][b] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/b][/sup][/right] [nextcol][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/kg98x560j9974df/watervs1.png[/img][/columns][center]The dancers began as a benevolent troupe of performers and artists, usually a main point of entertainment during revelries. Their many handsome and beautiful members attracting large crowds, and their music and talent kept people coming back time and time again to see and hear their newest performances. Until Rage joined the troupe, and Fussa soon after, and then the dancers' numbers increased twofold as Fussa, the infamous spy she was, made an agreement with Tracer and Icthanil to make this her main center of operations, bringing her most trusted into the clan alongside her. Not long after, the independant band of spies became comfortable enough that the pledged themselves to the Revelers, providing the clan with yet another powerful resource as Fussa's information network spread far and wide. Many spies took quickly to the dancers and learned how to dance, sing, and play instruments, their role with the troupe becoming more than just a cover and becoming their family. Some dancers even took to the trade of information trading, their prowess with gossip and widespread clients becoming invaluable assets to the network. Fussa is a valuable adviser to Icthanil, and is quietly assumed to be an unofficial member of the Council, as he looks to her for advise and guidance as much as any of his Council. Tracer chooses to stay out of it, his passion for his music and choreography greatly outweighing any desire to become part of such a dangerous path, and the others respect it without question. He remains the unchallenged leader of the dancers, Fussa even deferring to him when it comes to performing for gathering crowds. With the introduction of the network of spies and increased size of the troupe, a personalized guard became necessary. Vice and Orghullo head the Silk Guard, mostly comprised of spies and rogues who didn't or couldn't become dancers. The whole of the network is kept under tight wraps, and their cover is well founded. Few outsiders have ever found them out. And those who do... Well, the Silk Guard always prove themselves swifter and quieter than even the most sly of Bogsneaks.[/center][/columns]
arcane_1.png
The Dancers
and Spies

F U S S A
Spymaster
Favored Dancer

72184552p.png

T R A C E R
Head Dancer
Song Writer

7366139p.png

A S T E R O T H
Favored Dancer
Spy

13009659p.png

R A G E
Rogue
Dancer

58269409p.png

V I C E
Silk Guard
Mate to Rage

22335262p.png
XXXXXXX
"Elegance is a glowing inner peace.
Grace is an ability to give as well as to receive and be thankful."

watervs1.png
The dancers began as a benevolent troupe of performers and artists, usually a main point of entertainment during revelries. Their many handsome and beautiful members attracting large crowds, and their music and talent kept people coming back time and time again to see and hear their newest performances.

Until Rage joined the troupe, and Fussa soon after, and then the dancers' numbers increased twofold as Fussa, the infamous spy she was, made an agreement with Tracer and Icthanil to make this her main center of operations, bringing her most trusted into the clan alongside her.

Not long after, the independant band of spies became comfortable enough that the pledged themselves to the Revelers, providing the clan with yet another powerful resource as Fussa's information network spread far and wide.

Many spies took quickly to the dancers and learned how to dance, sing, and play instruments, their role with the troupe becoming more than just a cover and becoming their family. Some dancers even took to the trade of information trading, their prowess with gossip and widespread clients becoming invaluable assets to the network.

Fussa is a valuable adviser to Icthanil, and is quietly assumed to be an unofficial member of the Council, as he looks to her for advise and guidance as much as any of his Council.

Tracer chooses to stay out of it, his passion for his music and choreography greatly outweighing any desire to become part of such a dangerous path, and the others respect it without question. He remains the unchallenged leader of the dancers, Fussa even deferring to him when it comes to performing for gathering crowds.

With the introduction of the network of spies and increased size of the troupe, a personalized guard became necessary.

Vice and Orghullo head the Silk Guard, mostly comprised of spies and rogues who didn't or couldn't become dancers. The whole of the network is kept under tight wraps, and their cover is well founded. Few outsiders have ever found them out. And those who do... Well, the Silk Guard always prove themselves swifter and quieter than even the most sly of Bogsneaks.
IB7Plwf.png
[columns][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/osxw23ubq7mckxn/neutralv4.png[/img][nextcol] [center][font=book antique][size=6]Other Clans[/size] -------------- [font=book antique][size=4]The world of the Revelers is vast, and they are far from the largest power in their version of Sorieth. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/den/64569/2033366][b]The Silence,[/b][/url] the last remnants of Plague purists from the Revelers, joined with the Ice mercenaries of Björn's allies. Quieter but no less the intimidating force of power they are. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/den/64569/1897543][b]The Archive,[/b][/url] with their icy chains, at the behest of the warden, bear down on the Revelers and their alliances with Shade-touched dragons, even as their own prisoners threaten to snap their restraints. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/den/64569/2036780][b]The Collective,[/b][/url] with their unstable beginnings, a clan of purely Shade-infested dragons just trying to carve out a life of their own, unaware of the danger among their people. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/64569][b]The Cirque Des Fantômes,[/b][/url] the largest circus in all of the marshes, a great production put on for the delight of the ShadowBinder and all her loyal. Tricksters, assassins, jesters, and charlatans all come from far and wide to be trained in their ways and to pledge their service to the great Mother of Lies here. And last, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/den/64569/1888810][b]The Technotoxins.[/b][/url] These rogue automations and engineers have taken advantage of the Tidelord's absence. They fled the domain of the Stormcatcher and now perform experiments in secret deep in the depths...[nextcol] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/osxw23ubq7mckxn/neutralv4.png[/img][/columns] [font=courier][size=5][b]Other Clans' Lair Locations[/b][/size] [font=courier][b]The Silence[/b] ......................... [map x=3500 y=1784 view=land width=480 height=240]Widogast[/map] [font=courier][b]The Archive[/b] ......................... [map poi=14 view=land width=480 height=240][/map] [font=courier][b]The Collective[/b] ......................... [map x=2288 y=1357 view=land width=480 height=240]Abandoned(?) Prison[/map] [font=courier][b]The Cirque Des Fantômes[/b] ......................... [map x=2730 y=1887 view=land width=480 height=240]Shadowed Fair Grounds[/map] [font=courier][b]The Technotoxins[/b] ......................... [map x=2415 y=2531 view=submerged width=480 height=240]Strange Growths[/map]
neutralv4.png
Other Clans

The world of the Revelers is vast, and they are far from the largest power in their version of Sorieth.

The Silence, the last remnants of Plague purists from the Revelers, joined with the Ice mercenaries of Björn's allies. Quieter but no less the intimidating force of power they are.

The Archive, with their icy chains, at the behest of the warden, bear down on the Revelers and their alliances with Shade-touched dragons, even as their own prisoners threaten to snap their restraints.

The Collective, with their unstable beginnings, a clan of purely Shade-infested dragons just trying to carve out a life of their own, unaware of the danger among their people.

The Cirque Des Fantômes, the largest circus in all of the marshes, a great production put on for the delight of the ShadowBinder and all her loyal. Tricksters, assassins, jesters, and charlatans all come from far and wide to be trained in their ways and to pledge their service to the great Mother of Lies here.

And last, The Technotoxins. These rogue automations and engineers have taken advantage of the Tidelord's absence. They fled the domain of the Stormcatcher and now perform experiments in secret deep in the depths...
neutralv4.png

Other Clans' Lair Locations

The Silence

The Archive

The Collective

The Cirque Des Fantômes

The Technotoxins
IB7Plwf.png
[columns][center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/lair_icons/26.png[/img][/center] [center][font=georgia]The Silence[/font] ------- [SUB]P U C K[/SUB] [sup]Leader Plague Zealot[/sup] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/48407/4840634p.png[/img] [sub]B J Ö R N[/SUB] [sup]Leader Weapons Expert[/sup] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/113642/11364190p.png[/img] [SUB]V I T R A[/SUB] [sup]Leader Fallen God[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/173340/17333904p.png[/img] [SUB]V I R T U E[/SUB] [sup]Mercenary[/sup] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/143851/14385091p.png[/img] [SUB]W I D O G A S T[/SUB] [sup]The Forest[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/601669/60166883p.png[/img][/center][nextcol][columns][color=transparent]XXXXXXXXXXXXX[/color][nextcol][right][font=baskerville][size=4][i]"If I’m going down, I’m taking all of you with me, first. If I don’t get to go peacefully, neither do you."[/i][/size][/font][/right] [right][sup][b] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/b][/sup][/right] [nextcol][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/weel51ym447fcmo/plaguevs1.png[/img][/columns] [center]The Silence, as they're tenuously called by the rest of the world, are the dragons who briefly rebelled against the Revelers as a whole when Icthanil began to allow Shade-inflicted dragons to join the clan. They still band together separate from the Revelers, but are far more relaxed now that tensions have lessened, and a few shade-taken dragons even make their home with them in a forest on the edge of Shadow and Light. They are led by Puck, Björn, and Vitra, three battle worn and deadly dragons. [i][u][b]P[/b]uck[/u][/i] formerly led the Revelers throughout their most prosperous time in Plague. The attack of two mad guardians chased the clan from Plague and crippled Puck, leaving him unable to lead long enough that Icthanil assumed command. His right arm is missing, his left wing is deformed, and he walks with a slight limp, now, but Puck remains as a kind heart and wild reveler. Puck's aged experience and countless scars lend to a dangerous opponent on the field. Even with the relations between him and the leader of the clan repaired, his presence still sends worry through the most seasoned of warriors that had opposed him during the brief rebellion. [i][u][b]B[/b]jörn[/u][/i] is feared by those who know the reputation he'd had with the Aurea Empire, and such fame has earned him many enemies, though Björn barely even acknowledges them. Most didn't dare follow him when the Empire fell. Most people see him as a cold and focused man, however this is only true for those who deal with him for business. Around his friends, Björn is much warmer and easy to approach, though his serious personality makes him the target of many jokes, many of which kind of fly over his head. He has a high morality code and follows it thoroughly, refusing to do jobs for people when he doesn't trust their intentions and sometimes even hunting down potential employers when he notices that they're indeed horrible people. Björn isn't afraid of the law, standing for what he believes is right at all costs. [u][i][b]V[/b]itra[/i][/u] is also a remnant of the Aurea Empire, though something... Else. He was once worshipped by the Revelers when they lived in Plague. Now, his madness forced to a simmer, he stands alongside Puck, to lead the Silence. His skin is starkly free of scars, nothing if not a tribute to his swift thinking and clever tricks. Though he rarely is part of any intense fight himself, his input and ability are key to determining where the battle field will be. He originally joined the clan with naught but the intent of regaining his former glory and status, but he has bonded with both Puck and Björn as well as the rest of their collective group. He will boast his intent to become a god once again, but there's a sorrow in his eyes when Puck and Björn speak of their old age.[/center] [/columns]
26.png
The
Silence

P U C K
Leader
Plague Zealot

4840634p.png

B J Ö R N
Leader
Weapons Expert

11364190p.png

V I T R A
Leader
Fallen God

17333904p.png

V I R T U E
Mercenary
14385091p.png

W I D O G A S T
The Forest
60166883p.png
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
"If I’m going down, I’m taking all of you with me, first.
If I don’t get to go peacefully, neither do you."

plaguevs1.png
The Silence, as they're tenuously called by the rest of the world, are the dragons who briefly rebelled against the Revelers as a whole when Icthanil began to allow Shade-inflicted dragons to join the clan.

They still band together separate from the Revelers, but are far more relaxed now that tensions have lessened, and a few shade-taken dragons even make their home with them in a forest on the edge of Shadow and Light.

They are led by Puck, Björn, and Vitra, three battle worn and deadly dragons.

Puck formerly led the Revelers throughout their most prosperous time in Plague. The attack of two mad guardians chased the clan from Plague and crippled Puck, leaving him unable to lead long enough that Icthanil assumed command. His right arm is missing, his left wing is deformed, and he walks with a slight limp, now, but Puck remains as a kind heart and wild reveler.

Puck's aged experience and countless scars lend to a dangerous opponent on the field. Even with the relations between him and the leader of the clan repaired, his presence still sends worry through the most seasoned of warriors that had opposed him during the brief rebellion.

Björn is feared by those who know the reputation he'd had with the Aurea Empire, and such fame has earned him many enemies, though Björn barely even acknowledges them. Most didn't dare follow him when the Empire fell.

Most people see him as a cold and focused man, however this is only true for those who deal with him for business. Around his friends, Björn is much warmer and easy to approach, though his serious personality makes him the target of many jokes, many of which kind of fly over his head.

He has a high morality code and follows it thoroughly, refusing to do jobs for people when he doesn't trust their intentions and sometimes even hunting down potential employers when he notices that they're indeed horrible people. Björn isn't afraid of the law, standing for what he believes is right at all costs.

Vitra is also a remnant of the Aurea Empire, though something... Else. He was once worshipped by the Revelers when they lived in Plague. Now, his madness forced to a simmer, he stands alongside Puck, to lead the Silence. His skin is starkly free of scars, nothing if not a tribute to his swift thinking and clever tricks. Though he rarely is part of any intense fight himself, his input and ability are key to determining where the battle field will be.

He originally joined the clan with naught but the intent of regaining his former glory and status, but he has bonded with both Puck and Björn as well as the rest of their collective group. He will boast his intent to become a god once again, but there's a sorrow in his eyes when Puck and Björn speak of their old age.
IB7Plwf.png
[columns][center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/lair_icons/153.png[/img][/center] [center][font=georgia]The Archive[/font] ------- [SUB]A W Y N[/SUB] [sup]The Head Archivist The Stellar[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/231103/23110294p.png[/img] [sub]A E C H O N[/SUB] [sup]The Scolar The Solar[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/142077/14207685p.png[/img] [SUB]M A N I F E S T[/SUB] [sup]The Chains The Lunar[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/60484/6048359p.png[/img] [SUB]D E L W I N[/SUB] [sup]The Ambassador The Puppet[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/403748/40374749p.png[/img] [SUB]N I V A V[/SUB] [sup]The Student The Tidal[/sup] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/457632/45763198p.png[/img][/center][nextcol] [columns][right][font=baskerville][size=4][i][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color]"If isolation tempers the strong, it is the stumbling-block of the uncertain."[/i][/size][/font][/right] [right][sup][b] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/b][/sup][/right] [nextcol][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9wq9bfy0j4xehzc/icevs1.png[/img][/columns] [center] Deep in the Hewn City--under a quiet, uneasy alliance between the Lightweaver, the Shadowbinder, and the Icewarden--a large group of chosen dragons came together to study, archive, and contain certain unknowns of the world. Those which are known to be dangerous or hard to contain are sent immediately to the Fortress of Ends. At the head of the operation is the Icewarden's chosen. An exalted skydancer by the name of Awyn, frozen in time by the deity himself. Formerly light, being exalted changed his very flight. He is ancient, wise, and all-knowing. He a warden in place of the Warden and he watches over his quarries with careful, calculating, and intense eyes. Unknown to Aechon, he is the Lightweaver's chosen. Son of Orda and Phenac, his schooling in the Athenaeum made him the perfect choice to the deity. He studies the oddities and anomalies with rapt attention, his pattern recognition unlike any other and his concise way of recording them make him perfect to archive them for later research. A power struggle between the two of them has been evident since the day Aechon arrived. Aechon's ambition is his one downfall, as is Awyn's mercy. Though ultimately, Awyn is steadfast and unmoving, forever the keeper of the Archive. The futility of his standing is Aechon's foil, as Aechon's cruel words are Awyn's foil. They keep one another balanced and keep the Archive as it should be. The Shadowbinder's choice is more quiet. She stands outside of the main two's bickering and conflict. She rarely graces the halls of the Archive herself. Her main job is to track and locate anomalies. To inform the Archive, who will then send their Gaolers to contain them and bring them back--sometimes screaming--into the Archive. Manifest is an Ice-born creature, existing as the ever-present chill and fog around the Archive. Any who even dare walk into the Hewn city are either spooked by the frost and leave it alone... or are hardly ever heard from again. Few times does the Archive ever bother to talk to existing clans or apply diplomacy to their endeavours, but when they do, a large guardian is the creature that stalks out of the fog. Made of porcelain and smelling of rot, Delwin is a magically-animated puppet. It was originally obtained as an anomaly, though was determined to be harmless without a malevolent puppetmaster. Once its creator was dealt with, it came into the service of the Archive.[/center] [/columns]
153.png
The
Archive

A W Y N
The Head Archivist
The Stellar

23110294p.png

A E C H O N
The Scolar
The Solar

14207685p.png

M A N I F E S T
The Chains
The Lunar

6048359p.png

D E L W I N
The Ambassador
The Puppet

40374749p.png

N I V A V
The Student
The Tidal

45763198p.png
xxxxxxxxxxxx"If isolation tempers the strong, it is the stumbling-block of the uncertain."

icevs1.png

Deep in the Hewn City--under a quiet, uneasy alliance between the Lightweaver, the Shadowbinder, and the Icewarden--a large group of chosen dragons came together to study, archive, and contain certain unknowns of the world.

Those which are known to be dangerous or hard to contain are sent immediately to the Fortress of Ends.

At the head of the operation is the Icewarden's chosen. An exalted skydancer by the name of Awyn, frozen in time by the deity himself. Formerly light, being exalted changed his very flight. He is ancient, wise, and all-knowing. He a warden in place of the Warden and he watches over his quarries with careful, calculating, and intense eyes.

Unknown to Aechon, he is the Lightweaver's chosen. Son of Orda and Phenac, his schooling in the Athenaeum made him the perfect choice to the deity. He studies the oddities and anomalies with rapt attention, his pattern recognition unlike any other and his concise way of recording them make him perfect to archive them for later research.

A power struggle between the two of them has been evident since the day Aechon arrived. Aechon's ambition is his one downfall, as is Awyn's mercy. Though ultimately, Awyn is steadfast and unmoving, forever the keeper of the Archive. The futility of his standing is Aechon's foil, as Aechon's cruel words are Awyn's foil. They keep one another balanced and keep the Archive as it should be.

The Shadowbinder's choice is more quiet.

She stands outside of the main two's bickering and conflict. She rarely graces the halls of the Archive herself. Her main job is to track and locate anomalies. To inform the Archive, who will then send their Gaolers to contain them and bring them back--sometimes screaming--into the Archive.

Manifest is an Ice-born creature, existing as the ever-present chill and fog around the Archive. Any who even dare walk into the Hewn city are either spooked by the frost and leave it alone... or are hardly ever heard from again.

Few times does the Archive ever bother to talk to existing clans or apply diplomacy to their endeavours, but when they do, a large guardian is the creature that stalks out of the fog. Made of porcelain and smelling of rot, Delwin is a magically-animated puppet. It was originally obtained as an anomaly, though was determined to be harmless without a malevolent puppetmaster. Once its creator was dealt with, it came into the service of the Archive.
IB7Plwf.png
1 2