Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Elysium Bazaar
1 2 3
So, I have an idea. A circus! Of sorts. More like a dark, twisted circus. It'll be great. This thread will hold a series of one shots, short stories and antecdotes from those involved with the circus. It you're interested in updates, let me know and I'll add you to the ping list!
Those interested in the circus
@Metroid @fricklefrack @Xotik @SybilRamkin @TigerMigo @Immuno @zzzhorses @Kivetre @MintyDragon @Anemis @Lola3227 @Sanguiem @Omemega @NewfiesAtNASA
So, I have an idea. A circus! Of sorts. More like a dark, twisted circus. It'll be great. This thread will hold a series of one shots, short stories and antecdotes from those involved with the circus. It you're interested in updates, let me know and I'll add you to the ping list!
Those interested in the circus
@Metroid @fricklefrack @Xotik @SybilRamkin @TigerMigo @Immuno @zzzhorses @Kivetre @MintyDragon @Anemis @Lola3227 @Sanguiem @Omemega @NewfiesAtNASA
tumblr_n7samaE1iy1sl6hkto1_500.gif
Welcome to the Elysium Bazaar, where all have fun! The hatchlings love it so much, they never want to leave!
These words were carved into a wooden sign held above the crowd of dragons and beasts alike by two wooden poles. A well dressed fae sits on a small podium, taking small amounts of treasure in exchange for tickets, making the patrons laugh with a well placed joke, and bringing ease to the hatchlings hiding beneath their mother’s wing by offering them a free sweet treat. “On the house!” He says, giving a delightful wink.
The hatchlings and the young beasts keep close to their mother, holding tight to a scarf, a hand, or hiding under them as they parade between the tents. To the left and right there are stalls selling sweet confectionaries and treats on sticks. Performers are set up here and there as well, fire dancers and sword jugglers. They are able to coax the young ones away from their mothers and have them crowd the stages, oohing and aahing at the feats displayed before them.
Longnecks, friendly ones, come through the crowds, whispering to the young ones. “Come back tonight, don’t tell your parents” They’d giggle and skip away. The hatchlings and young beasts giggle too, and return to their parents side.
Under the big top is where the real action is! The real show! Rambra prance about with faes on their backs, centaurs juggle and and maren leap from tanks wheeled in from hidden areas. All the members of the audience watch in anticipation as dragon oddities are lead out. A spiral with four wings and no legs! How odd! An imperial with the lower half of a centaur! So many strange dragons, it’s a wonder how they were born like that! And such luck, living in a circus. The dragons in the ring, more slowly circling in showing off their odd mutations, all had wide smiles etched onto their faces. The hatchlings watch, the words of the longnecks coming to mind. They would come by later, after night fell.
They would not leave again.

@Metroid
Welcome to the Elysium Bazaar, where all have fun! The hatchlings love it so much, they never want to leave!
These words were carved into a wooden sign held above the crowd of dragons and beasts alike by two wooden poles. A well dressed fae sits on a small podium, taking small amounts of treasure in exchange for tickets, making the patrons laugh with a well placed joke, and bringing ease to the hatchlings hiding beneath their mother’s wing by offering them a free sweet treat. “On the house!” He says, giving a delightful wink.
The hatchlings and the young beasts keep close to their mother, holding tight to a scarf, a hand, or hiding under them as they parade between the tents. To the left and right there are stalls selling sweet confectionaries and treats on sticks. Performers are set up here and there as well, fire dancers and sword jugglers. They are able to coax the young ones away from their mothers and have them crowd the stages, oohing and aahing at the feats displayed before them.
Longnecks, friendly ones, come through the crowds, whispering to the young ones. “Come back tonight, don’t tell your parents” They’d giggle and skip away. The hatchlings and young beasts giggle too, and return to their parents side.
Under the big top is where the real action is! The real show! Rambra prance about with faes on their backs, centaurs juggle and and maren leap from tanks wheeled in from hidden areas. All the members of the audience watch in anticipation as dragon oddities are lead out. A spiral with four wings and no legs! How odd! An imperial with the lower half of a centaur! So many strange dragons, it’s a wonder how they were born like that! And such luck, living in a circus. The dragons in the ring, more slowly circling in showing off their odd mutations, all had wide smiles etched onto their faces. The hatchlings watch, the words of the longnecks coming to mind. They would come by later, after night fell.
They would not leave again.

@Metroid
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30676026] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/306761/30676026_350.png[/img] [/url] "Please....I want my mommy..." The sound of the overly happy carnival music drowned out the helpless cries of the hatchling. "Please....I want.....my mommy...." "Shush child. Your mommy left you here." A Spiral wrapped a cloth around her muzzle. No need for anyone to hear her crying out. It was already hard to hear, the music was loud. They kept it like that on purpose. "Your mommy doesn't want you." She turned to face another Spiral who was rummaging through a bin. "Torque, hurry up. We're loosing time on the parts." She hissed at her mate. The small baby wiggled below her, but she was weak. She couldn't wiggle away. The large purple Spiral, Torque, approached and set down a tray of items. Needles of various sizes, thread, a scalpel, and...wings. Wings from other hatchlings, judging by their diminutive size. Amylase eyed them with fear, tears dripping from her large blue eyes. "Hold her tight." Torque hummed as he picked up the scalpel. Light from a fire reflected off the blade and Amylase resumed her weak wiggling. The first Spiral, Crystalline, held her down with practiced ease. This...wasn't their first time doing this. Amylase closed her eyes. She couldn't move, she couldn't fight. She just closed her eyes and hoped this was all just a nightmare. That she would wake up in her cave to the soft sound of water splashing outside. Her mommy would be there to greet her with a snack and a kiss on her forehead. She would wipe away her tears and assure her it was all just a scary dream, and that she was safe at home. She was not safe at home. It was hard to tell when the....the surgery ended, because the pain never stopped. Amylase was faintly aware of being lifted and moved. Her eyes cracked open. It wasn't her mommy...it was Crystalline. This was very real. She tried to wiggle out of Crystalline's grip but was too weak.... "Shush little one. You're alright now. It's going to be OK." She smiled, but it looked fake. Forced. Amylase was scared. Her body ached. Gently she was put in a cage and locked up. "Welcome to the Elysium Bazaar, little one." @Metroid @fricklefrack @Xotik @SybilRamkin @TigerMigo

30676026_350.png

"Please....I want my mommy..." The sound of the overly happy carnival music drowned out the helpless cries of the hatchling. "Please....I want.....my mommy...."
"Shush child. Your mommy left you here." A Spiral wrapped a cloth around her muzzle. No need for anyone to hear her crying out. It was already hard to hear, the music was loud. They kept it like that on purpose. "Your mommy doesn't want you." She turned to face another Spiral who was rummaging through a bin. "Torque, hurry up. We're loosing time on the parts." She hissed at her mate. The small baby wiggled below her, but she was weak. She couldn't wiggle away.
The large purple Spiral, Torque, approached and set down a tray of items. Needles of various sizes, thread, a scalpel, and...wings. Wings from other hatchlings, judging by their diminutive size. Amylase eyed them with fear, tears dripping from her large blue eyes. "Hold her tight." Torque hummed as he picked up the scalpel. Light from a fire reflected off the blade and Amylase resumed her weak wiggling. The first Spiral, Crystalline, held her down with practiced ease. This...wasn't their first time doing this. Amylase closed her eyes. She couldn't move, she couldn't fight.
She just closed her eyes and hoped this was all just a nightmare. That she would wake up in her cave to the soft sound of water splashing outside. Her mommy would be there to greet her with a snack and a kiss on her forehead. She would wipe away her tears and assure her it was all just a scary dream, and that she was safe at home.
She was not safe at home. It was hard to tell when the....the surgery ended, because the pain never stopped. Amylase was faintly aware of being lifted and moved. Her eyes cracked open. It wasn't her mommy...it was Crystalline. This was very real. She tried to wiggle out of Crystalline's grip but was too weak....
"Shush little one. You're alright now. It's going to be OK." She smiled, but it looked fake. Forced. Amylase was scared. Her body ached. Gently she was put in a cage and locked up.
"Welcome to the Elysium Bazaar, little one."

@Metroid @fricklefrack @Xotik @SybilRamkin @TigerMigo
@ashnick (if you want me to delete this post let me know)
i love this so far. dark? twisted? creepy? *bangs fist on table* sign me UP.
@ashnick (if you want me to delete this post let me know)
i love this so far. dark? twisted? creepy? *bangs fist on table* sign me UP.
gNi9LVf.png 9hqcHsy.png
J8zFKyY.png
y0rbHJY.png
bYt72YT.png
J7D1quC.png
............................................... ifIyPFY.pngndhVaSp.png
@Immuno
No need to delete friendo! Adding you to the pinglist!
@Immuno
No need to delete friendo! Adding you to the pinglist!
@ashnick
I'd also like to be on the pinglist for this.
@ashnick
I'd also like to be on the pinglist for this.
aNHEZYf.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.pngTn4TEAZ.png+0 FRT ~ she/they ~ INFP
@zzzhorses
Sure thing!
@zzzhorses
Sure thing!
put me on the pinglist, please!
put me on the pinglist, please!
@Kivetre
Done and done~
@Kivetre
Done and done~