Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dust and Bones - A Pinkerlocke -
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[center][u][b]Day 8: Her Last Battle[/b][/u] Pinkerton Pull: [item=Sunfish] Sentence: 30-40 Battles in the Coliseum Pinglist: @Petall, @Deathwolf555, @Aravis, @CleverDual[/center] "I didn't know! I didn't..." Pearl's voice trailed off, unable to say anything else. She just stared at the unmoving body in front of her. It was her fault. This was all her fault. Even Hampert couldn't say anything. Lume... she was gone. They had taken Pearl out for her first hunting session, and everything had been going well. For a while. Lume and Hampert had both taken a few more hits than they probably should have, but the three of them had always made sure to back off when things started to get bad. But they hadn't that time. It was a Basilisk that had killed her. Those things were tough, and one of them refused to go down. It was taking their scratches as if they were nothing, and dodging every other blow, too. At first, it's attacks had been almost random. It and it's friend hadn't cared who they were hurting. But once the other one had gone down, it became more serious. Lume had told Pearl to keep back, knowing that she wasn't as tough yet, and stopped paying attention to herself. She just kept getting hit. Over and over and over... Pearl couldn't move. Hampert didn't trust her to keep herself safe, so he had to drag both her and Lume back to the cave. Ooze froze, too, when they returned. With Pearl as still as Lume, he thought he had lost two friends. When Pearl started to cry again, he simply picked her up and held her close, just happy he hadn't lost more than one dragon today did.
Day 8: Her Last Battle
Pinkerton Pull: Sunfish
Sentence: 30-40 Battles in the Coliseum
Pinglist: @Petall, @Deathwolf555, @Aravis, @CleverDual

"I didn't know! I didn't..." Pearl's voice trailed off, unable to say anything else. She just stared at the unmoving body in front of her. It was her fault. This was all her fault.

Even Hampert couldn't say anything. Lume... she was gone. They had taken Pearl out for her first hunting session, and everything had been going well. For a while. Lume and Hampert had both taken a few more hits than they probably should have, but the three of them had always made sure to back off when things started to get bad. But they hadn't that time.

It was a Basilisk that had killed her. Those things were tough, and one of them refused to go down. It was taking their scratches as if they were nothing, and dodging every other blow, too. At first, it's attacks had been almost random. It and it's friend hadn't cared who they were hurting. But once the other one had gone down, it became more serious. Lume had told Pearl to keep back, knowing that she wasn't as tough yet, and stopped paying attention to herself. She just kept getting hit. Over and over and over...

Pearl couldn't move. Hampert didn't trust her to keep herself safe, so he had to drag both her and Lume back to the cave. Ooze froze, too, when they returned. With Pearl as still as Lume, he thought he had lost two friends. When Pearl started to cry again, he simply picked her up and held her close, just happy he hadn't lost more than one dragon today did.
kUUhGXb.pngACY5hfY.png2hQyM5Y.png
@Kyrinasha

Oh no Lume :( rng was not kind today.
@Kyrinasha

Oh no Lume :( rng was not kind today.
[center][u][b]Day 9: Instinct[/b][/u] Pinkerton Pull: [item=Fungalhoof Qiriq Horn] Sentence: Writing Pinglist: @Petall, @Deathwolf555, @Aravis, @CleverDual[/center] Ooze hadn't let Pearl out of his site since Lume had passed. Although he was too worried about his parasite infecting her to get too close, he remained as close as he dared. Hampert was also nearby, but he drifted around as he usually did, following what caught his interest. Pearl could tell something was different about the way Ooze was watching her. If he was just worried about her getting hurt, he would be paying more attention to Ham, too. The Bogsneak often got himself hurt, just to shrug it off until it either went away or got worse. But he didn't seem to care about Ham any more than he usually did. Pearl dashed around the corner of a particularly tight space in the cave. Because they were still working on making it a more permanent home, not everything was Guardian-friendly yet. Plenty of sharp corners and small spaces meant that Ooze wouldn't be able to follow her down here. She wasn't used to someone paying this much attention to her, and it was beginning to make her uncomfortable. Despite how he could not physically fit into the crack Pearl had crawled into, Ooze still did his best to keep an eye on her. At first, he tried to stick his head in, but when that didn't work, he resigned himself to waiting by the entrance to the crack. There, they both waited for nearly an hour, both waiting for the other to make the first move. "...Pearl?" Ooze finally said, breaking the silence. "Could you please come out?" "Why? So you can watch me even more? If you don't trust me after what happened, just say so," she spat. "What? No! I would never... Pearl, I just want to make sure that you're okay. That you're safe." "Well I'm fine. I don't need you constantly breathing down my neck to know that!" Ooze grew quiet, unsure of what else to say. Pearl tried to stay angry, but she knew she couldn't. Her words had hurt him, even if she didn't understand why. "I'm sorry," they both whispered. "...Does that mean you'll come out?" "It does." Pearl made her way back to the entrance, where Ooze was waiting for her. He smiled for a second before he realized he was far too close to her and backed off. She smiled back, glad to at least have her personal space, even if she couldn't have her privacy. After all, her old clan had a couple Guardians in it, and she had a feeling she knew exactly why Ooze didn't want to leave her alone.
Day 9: Instinct
Pinkerton Pull: Fungalhoof Qiriq Horn
Sentence: Writing

Ooze hadn't let Pearl out of his site since Lume had passed. Although he was too worried about his parasite infecting her to get too close, he remained as close as he dared. Hampert was also nearby, but he drifted around as he usually did, following what caught his interest. Pearl could tell something was different about the way Ooze was watching her. If he was just worried about her getting hurt, he would be paying more attention to Ham, too. The Bogsneak often got himself hurt, just to shrug it off until it either went away or got worse. But he didn't seem to care about Ham any more than he usually did.

Pearl dashed around the corner of a particularly tight space in the cave. Because they were still working on making it a more permanent home, not everything was Guardian-friendly yet. Plenty of sharp corners and small spaces meant that Ooze wouldn't be able to follow her down here. She wasn't used to someone paying this much attention to her, and it was beginning to make her uncomfortable.

Despite how he could not physically fit into the crack Pearl had crawled into, Ooze still did his best to keep an eye on her. At first, he tried to stick his head in, but when that didn't work, he resigned himself to waiting by the entrance to the crack. There, they both waited for nearly an hour, both waiting for the other to make the first move.

"...Pearl?" Ooze finally said, breaking the silence. "Could you please come out?"

"Why? So you can watch me even more? If you don't trust me after what happened, just say so," she spat.

"What? No! I would never... Pearl, I just want to make sure that you're okay. That you're safe."

"Well I'm fine. I don't need you constantly breathing down my neck to know that!"

Ooze grew quiet, unsure of what else to say. Pearl tried to stay angry, but she knew she couldn't. Her words had hurt him, even if she didn't understand why. "I'm sorry," they both whispered.

"...Does that mean you'll come out?"

"It does." Pearl made her way back to the entrance, where Ooze was waiting for her. He smiled for a second before he realized he was far too close to her and backed off. She smiled back, glad to at least have her personal space, even if she couldn't have her privacy.

After all, her old clan had a couple Guardians in it, and she had a feeling she knew exactly why Ooze didn't want to leave her alone.
[center][u][b]Day 10: Responsibility Pinkerton Pull: [item=Fan Scorpion] Sentence: Adopt a Dragon Roll Roll: 14, Wildclaw Pinglist: @Petall, @Deathwolf555, @Aravis, @CleverDual[/b][/u][/center] After the past few days' events, everything seemed to be settled down. Pearl and Ooze had come to an agreement about personal space, Hampert remained his happy, if slightly reclusive self, and nothing was really out of place. Ooze and Hampert were both still dealing with Lume's death, but they were used to her being gone. They both missed her, even if she had been bossy, but she was gone now, and they knew there was nothing they could do about that. Hampert wandered around the desert around their cave, lost in thought as he strayed further from their home. Ooze and Pearl were off hunting for themselves, and he was supposed to be harvesting his own food. He hoped to find some seeds as well, as having a garden would make it much easier for him to feed himself. As he wandered, he noticed a small, light green stone not too far away. Curious, he moved towards it, freezing when it started to twitch. It wasn't a stone, he thought to himself, it was an egg. The egg began to twitch more, with a single claw puncturing through the outer shell of the wind egg. Eventually, Hampert stared down at two little green eyes, wondering how he was going to take care of a hatchling. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=52&bodygene=2&breed=10&element=3&gender=1&tert=110&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=110&auth=855b200820ff608a65673a56e79bb662aefaf286&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center]
Day 10: Responsibility
Pinkerton Pull: Fan Scorpion
Sentence: Adopt a Dragon Roll
Roll: 14, Wildclaw

After the past few days' events, everything seemed to be settled down. Pearl and Ooze had come to an agreement about personal space, Hampert remained his happy, if slightly reclusive self, and nothing was really out of place. Ooze and Hampert were both still dealing with Lume's death, but they were used to her being gone. They both missed her, even if she had been bossy, but she was gone now, and they knew there was nothing they could do about that.

Hampert wandered around the desert around their cave, lost in thought as he strayed further from their home. Ooze and Pearl were off hunting for themselves, and he was supposed to be harvesting his own food. He hoped to find some seeds as well, as having a garden would make it much easier for him to feed himself.

As he wandered, he noticed a small, light green stone not too far away. Curious, he moved towards it, freezing when it started to twitch. It wasn't a stone, he thought to himself, it was an egg. The egg began to twitch more, with a single claw puncturing through the outer shell of the wind egg. Eventually, Hampert stared down at two little green eyes, wondering how he was going to take care of a hatchling.
dragon?age=0&body=52&bodygene=2&breed=10&element=3&gender=1&tert=110&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=110&auth=855b200820ff608a65673a56e79bb662aefaf286&dummyext=prev.png
@Kyrinasha

That wildclaw is the most adorable thing ever!
@Kyrinasha

That wildclaw is the most adorable thing ever!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

She really is! I'm kind of surprised that she was as cheap as she was considering how nice she looks. Can't wait to start introducing her for real :D
@Petall

She really is! I'm kind of surprised that she was as cheap as she was considering how nice she looks. Can't wait to start introducing her for real :D
[center][u][b]Day 11: Scrawl[/b][/u] Pinkerton Pull: [item=Stone Arrowhead] Sentence: Drawing Pinglist: @Petall, @Deathwolf555, @Aravis, @CleverDual[/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/07UlOzD.png[/img][/center] Hampert smiled at the carving the little dragon, apparently named Dusty, had presented to him. She had been doing well the past few days, although she hadn't spoken, and she hadn't even tried to communicate with words until now. "Gras" must be that scorpion that had followed them home when he had found her, probably named after grass because of his green coloring, but Dusty didn't seem to know how spell that well yet. He beamed at her and her drawing, and Ham knew he saw a tiny swell of pride in her eyes when he did. She was going to fit in just fine here.
Day 11: Scrawl
Pinkerton Pull: Stone Arrowhead
Sentence: Drawing

07UlOzD.png

Hampert smiled at the carving the little dragon, apparently named Dusty, had presented to him. She had been doing well the past few days, although she hadn't spoken, and she hadn't even tried to communicate with words until now. "Gras" must be that scorpion that had followed them home when he had found her, probably named after grass because of his green coloring, but Dusty didn't seem to know how spell that well yet.

He beamed at her and her drawing, and Ham knew he saw a tiny swell of pride in her eyes when he did. She was going to fit in just fine here.
@Kyrinasha

That drawing is adorable!!!
@Kyrinasha

That drawing is adorable!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[center][u][b]Day 12: The Cover of Night[/b][/u] Pinkerton Pull: [item=Scholar] Sentence: Death Streak Roll Roll: Death Streak with Dusty, Hampert, and Pearl Pinglist: @Petall, @Deathwolf555, @Aravis, @CleverDual[/center] They had snuck out in the middle of the night, leaving Ooze behind as the moved further from the cave. Dusty had seemed interested in learning how to fight, so Hampert had convinced Pearl to come with them to train her. They weren't going to let what happened to Lume happen again, so they had waited until monster activity was at its lowest point to make their move. After only a few encounters, they decided to head back. Dusty tired out quickly, and Pearl didn't want to risk Ooze waking up and discovering what they had done. Ham relented, and the trio headed back home, unaware of the frantically pacing Guardian that awaited them.
Day 12: The Cover of Night
Pinkerton Pull: Scholar
Sentence: Death Streak Roll
Roll: Death Streak with Dusty, Hampert, and Pearl

They had snuck out in the middle of the night, leaving Ooze behind as the moved further from the cave. Dusty had seemed interested in learning how to fight, so Hampert had convinced Pearl to come with them to train her. They weren't going to let what happened to Lume happen again, so they had waited until monster activity was at its lowest point to make their move.

After only a few encounters, they decided to head back. Dusty tired out quickly, and Pearl didn't want to risk Ooze waking up and discovering what they had done. Ham relented, and the trio headed back home, unaware of the frantically pacing Guardian that awaited them.
@Kyrinasha

Uh oh some one is in TROUBLE
@Kyrinasha

Uh oh some one is in TROUBLE
1 2 3 4 5 6 7