Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Burned: A Flight Rising Story
So this is just gonna be a story about the dragons in my lair and stuff. If you want me to add in one of your dragons, just comment. I'm gonna save a few posts just in case. So yeah. Enjoy!
So this is just gonna be a story about the dragons in my lair and stuff. If you want me to add in one of your dragons, just comment. I'm gonna save a few posts just in case. So yeah. Enjoy!
The cool air of night streamed past Atasna as he ran at top speed through the forest. He knew this place by heart and explored it any chance he gets. His stomach growled and he slowed down a bit to listen for prey. Looking around, he searched for anything to settle his hunger. Atasna caught a glimpse of a red squirrel. He took off, weaving through the bushes like a snake, the dense forest canopy only allowing slivers of moonlight to fall through. Atasna tracked the squirrel with his heat seeking eyes. Suddenly, the squirrel vanished. He stopped and cautiously creeped through the bushes, emerging into a large, moonlit clearing. It was ringed with large trees and, at one end, stood a cave. Atasna wandered into the middle of the clearing. He looked up at the large moon, feeling, for the first time in his life, an urge to lift up and sail beneath the stars. As he unfurled his wings, a paralyzing feeling came over him. It started at his tail and kept going till it reached his face. All he could move were his eyes. And then, he was blind.

Atasna awoke in a cave. A dark shape stood in front of him. "You're awake," it crooned. It was too dark to see the species of dragon it was.
"Who are you?" Atasna croaked.
The dragon laughed. "That is on a need to know basis."
"Well I kinda need to know who kidnapped me."
The dragon turned serious. "No you don't." It pulled something out from a sack it carried. Stepping closer, it breathed purple flame onto it. "You will worship and remain loyal to the mighty Flamecaller, superior being to all dragons. You will not stray from this path, you shall teach your children, and your children's children to be loyal to Flamecaller, and Flamecaller only. If at any time your loyalty wavers, the penalty shall be death. If at any time you wish to serve Flamecaller, you may be exalted. If any of your clan's loyalty wavers, the penalty is death or serving of the Flamecaller to remind them of their duties."
"Never!" Atasna spits out.
"You will!" The dragon screamed as it stepped forward and shoved the red hot object into his chest. Atasna screamed. The dragon whispered into his ear. "You have been branded with the mark of the Flamecaller."
Atasna looked down. A flame was branded onto his chest.

The cool air of night streamed past Atasna as he ran at top speed through the forest. He knew this place by heart and explored it any chance he gets. His stomach growled and he slowed down a bit to listen for prey. Looking around, he searched for anything to settle his hunger. Atasna caught a glimpse of a red squirrel. He took off, weaving through the bushes like a snake, the dense forest canopy only allowing slivers of moonlight to fall through. Atasna tracked the squirrel with his heat seeking eyes. Suddenly, the squirrel vanished. He stopped and cautiously creeped through the bushes, emerging into a large, moonlit clearing. It was ringed with large trees and, at one end, stood a cave. Atasna wandered into the middle of the clearing. He looked up at the large moon, feeling, for the first time in his life, an urge to lift up and sail beneath the stars. As he unfurled his wings, a paralyzing feeling came over him. It started at his tail and kept going till it reached his face. All he could move were his eyes. And then, he was blind.

Atasna awoke in a cave. A dark shape stood in front of him. "You're awake," it crooned. It was too dark to see the species of dragon it was.
"Who are you?" Atasna croaked.
The dragon laughed. "That is on a need to know basis."
"Well I kinda need to know who kidnapped me."
The dragon turned serious. "No you don't." It pulled something out from a sack it carried. Stepping closer, it breathed purple flame onto it. "You will worship and remain loyal to the mighty Flamecaller, superior being to all dragons. You will not stray from this path, you shall teach your children, and your children's children to be loyal to Flamecaller, and Flamecaller only. If at any time your loyalty wavers, the penalty shall be death. If at any time you wish to serve Flamecaller, you may be exalted. If any of your clan's loyalty wavers, the penalty is death or serving of the Flamecaller to remind them of their duties."
"Never!" Atasna spits out.
"You will!" The dragon screamed as it stepped forward and shoved the red hot object into his chest. Atasna screamed. The dragon whispered into his ear. "You have been branded with the mark of the Flamecaller."
Atasna looked down. A flame was branded onto his chest.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save

Alright y'all can post now