Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Saudade {Pinkerlocke}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@sp00kyartie It's ok! Take care of yourself, cool? c:

edit: Apparently I used almost the exact same phrasing exactly 10 posts ago and I am:

1. confused as heck
2. very sorry for saying the same thing omg
@sp00kyartie It's ok! Take care of yourself, cool? c:

edit: Apparently I used almost the exact same phrasing exactly 10 posts ago and I am:

1. confused as heck
2. very sorry for saying the same thing omg
L7VN20N.png sh5xjiu.png
GFeO9bR.png
oczO35g.png
YMPbu9R.png
[center][size=4][b][u]Day 7:[/u][/b][/size] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/14558.png[/img] [i]Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-13) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.) [/i][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25506458] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/255065/25506458_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i][b]Sonata's Wish[/b][/i][/center] [center][size=2][i]When I want you in my arms When I want you and all your charms Whenever I want you, all I have to do is Dream, dream, dream, dream [/i][/size][/center] --------- After all the dragons had cleared from the meeting, one young little Tundra remained, gazing up at the eight adventurers in awe. Ever since he could ever remember, he dreamed of being an explorer, and going outside of the clan. Seeing the family he grew up around ready to embark on such a journey filled his heart with excitement. Taxia noticed the set of icy white eyes fixated on him and his friends and chuckled. He excused himself from the group, then flew down to sit beside the fluffy blue hatchling. "Sonata, what are you doing, staying out around here? Should you not be with Moonlight, she would be awfully worried if she knew you were gone." Sonata shook his head, and hid his face behind one of his wings in embarrassment. "It's just. . you're so cool, I've always wanted to go on an adventure, it looks so fun, and. . I guess I wanted to ask you something." "Well? Go ahead, you are free to ask. I am glad you have a dream, little one. It's good to have something to look forward to in the future." Sonata smiled, then stood up. "Come on, I'll show you, you have to follow me!" Taxia nodded, and stayed close behind him as he led way to his den. [center]~[/center] "Where'd 'e go? I don't see Taxia anywhere." "Hmm. . me neither. ." "Oh? There he is! Haha! You can't run away that easily!" "I was not running away," the Coatl said, rolling his eyes. Behind him, a Deepmine Aardvark trotting along, sniffing at the ground. "What is that? You do know you have a creature following you, right?" "Yes," Taxia replied. "This is Kilig, Sonata's familiar. He asked me to bring him along on our adventure, and with such a sweet face, I just couldn't say no. . The glowing mushrooms along his back will help us find our way at night." "Great," replied Xen softly. "You're making that sweet boy very happy, and I'm sure Kilig will be of great help." "Yes, yes, he will! But please. . could we actually get on with getting into groups?" "Oh, yes, right. Let us do that." -------- @Ezmara @SkylineCity @Aviary @MrsB00ty [i](Thank you all for being patient with me! I might not be able to update this story every day, but I'll do my best to do what I can. ^^)[/i]
Day 7:
14558.png
Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed.
Use a random number generator (between 1-13) to determine which breed you will get!
(Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

Sonata's Wish

When I want you in my arms
When I want you and all your charms
Whenever I want you, all I have to do is
Dream, dream, dream, dream

After all the dragons had cleared from the meeting, one young little Tundra remained, gazing up at the eight adventurers in awe. Ever since he could ever remember, he dreamed of being an explorer, and going outside of the clan. Seeing the family he grew up around ready to embark on such a journey filled his heart with excitement.

Taxia noticed the set of icy white eyes fixated on him and his friends and chuckled. He excused himself from the group, then flew down to sit beside the fluffy blue hatchling.

"Sonata, what are you doing, staying out around here? Should you not be with Moonlight, she would be awfully worried if she knew you were gone."

Sonata shook his head, and hid his face behind one of his wings in embarrassment.

"It's just. . you're so cool, I've always wanted to go on an adventure, it looks so fun, and. . I guess I wanted to ask you something."

"Well? Go ahead, you are free to ask. I am glad you have a dream, little one. It's good to have something to look forward to in the future."

Sonata smiled, then stood up. "Come on, I'll show you, you have to follow me!"

Taxia nodded, and stayed close behind him as he led way to his den.

~

"Where'd 'e go? I don't see Taxia anywhere."

"Hmm. . me neither. ."

"Oh? There he is! Haha! You can't run away that easily!"

"I was not running away," the Coatl said, rolling his eyes. Behind him, a Deepmine Aardvark trotting along, sniffing at the ground.

"What is that? You do know you have a creature following you, right?"

"Yes," Taxia replied. "This is Kilig, Sonata's familiar. He asked me to bring him along on our adventure, and with such a sweet face, I just couldn't say no. . The glowing mushrooms along his back will help us find our way at night."

"Great," replied Xen softly. "You're making that sweet boy very happy, and I'm sure Kilig will be of great help."

"Yes, yes, he will! But please. . could we actually get on with getting into groups?"

"Oh, yes, right. Let us do that."

@Ezmara @SkylineCity @Aviary @MrsB00ty

(Thank you all for being patient with me! I might not be able to update this story every day, but I'll do my best to do what I can. ^^)
WY9f4vu.jpg ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ Ollie/Johnny - 21, he/they
‏‏‎ ‎ TIRED (college student)
‏‏‎ ‎ FR player since 2015
O58IfTZ.png
oaolHwW.png
feXtM27.png
UYXZLyE.png
tn0RSo5.pngsh5xjiu.pngeswSnrS.pngbYt72YT.pngcutkr0S.pnggziv3Ja.png

Hey everyone, sorry for disappearing, I was on vacation! I'll be back soon with more frequent updates to the story. The real action is about to start - hope you're as excited as I am!

Hey everyone, sorry for disappearing, I was on vacation! I'll be back soon with more frequent updates to the story. The real action is about to start - hope you're as excited as I am!
O58IfTZ.png
oaolHwW.png
feXtM27.png
UYXZLyE.png
@sp00kyartie I'M PUMPED
@sp00kyartie I'M PUMPED
L7VN20N.png sh5xjiu.png
GFeO9bR.png
oczO35g.png
YMPbu9R.png
[center][size=4][b][u]Day 8:[/u][/b][/size] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/248.png[/img] [i]Writing[/i][/center] [center][i][b]The Two Teams[/b][/i][/center] [center][size=2][i]So when you've got no other choice You know you can follow my voice Through the dark turns and noise Of this wicked little town. Oh it's a wicked, little town. Goodbye, wicked little town.[/i][/size][/center] ------------- The sun had crept halfway into the sky by the time Saudade and Camhanaich got the full explanation of the plan. As simple as it sounded, it would be no easy task. The Sunbeam Ruins, from where they thought Cam had come from, was at least a month's journey away. As for Saudade, the case was even tougher. He had no idea where he could have come from, so the plan was to explore each region, one by one, until he recognized something familiar. If by the end of their exploration he was still as lost as before, the clan would welcome him to stay. With two plans, and with two very different executions of said plans, it only made sense to split into two teams - four dragons each. "I choose sticking with Cam," Faro began before anyone else had the chance to talk. "Spirals must stick together. They simply must." Nobody argued with her oh so [i]"flawless logic,"[/i] and thus, the first member of Cam's team was jotted down on scroll paper by Xen. "I think it would only make since for me to go with Honne, as I am her caretaker," Rasa explained, looking up at the blind Imperial and nodding. "So we'll group together, and join Fa-" "[i]Naaaaww![/i] You ain't gonna make me split up with my bestest of friends, are you, ol' Rasa? I'm goin' wherever she goes, an' that's that," a strong Cockney accent shouted. Rasa let out an exasperated sigh, but Honne smiled at the idea. "It sounds wonderful to me, Ethereal. Traveling with my two best friends sounds just fine. Ethereal is a strong fighter, and Rasa is skilled when it comes to magic, so if you two work together, I'm sure things will turn up fine," she suggested in a sing-song voice. Nobody had any objections to this, so Rasasvada, Ethereal, and Honne were all put on one team with Saudade. This left Camhanaich with Fanfaronade, Xenization, and Oneirataxia. The next hour was spent gathering supplies for the long road ahead, and right at noon, when the sun sat proudly at it's highest in the sky, the two teams parted their ways - Cam's towards Dragonhome, and Saudade's The Scarred Wasteland. They giggled and hugged, promising to reunite soon - but little did they know that not everyone would be making it back home again in one piece. Bright eyes glimmered with excitement as they walked deeper into the forest, hearing the voices of their classmates, their siblings, their friends, fade away. No. Some would not return at all. ------- @Ezmara @SkylineCity @Aviary @MrsB00ty (The story FINALLY begins, phew! Eight days of prologue! Now we can really get into the action and excitement of the story!)
Day 8:
248.png
Writing

The Two Teams

So when you've got no other choice
You know you can follow my voice
Through the dark turns and noise
Of this wicked little town.
Oh it's a wicked, little town.
Goodbye, wicked little town.

The sun had crept halfway into the sky by the time Saudade and Camhanaich got the full explanation of the plan. As simple as it sounded, it would be no easy task. The Sunbeam Ruins, from where they thought Cam had come from, was at least a month's journey away. As for Saudade, the case was even tougher. He had no idea where he could have come from, so the plan was to explore each region, one by one, until he recognized something familiar. If by the end of their exploration he was still as lost as before, the clan would welcome him to stay.

With two plans, and with two very different executions of said plans, it only made sense to split into two teams - four dragons each.

"I choose sticking with Cam," Faro began before anyone else had the chance to talk. "Spirals must stick together. They simply must."

Nobody argued with her oh so "flawless logic," and thus, the first member of Cam's team was jotted down on scroll paper by Xen.

"I think it would only make since for me to go with Honne, as I am her caretaker," Rasa explained, looking up at the blind Imperial and nodding. "So we'll group together, and join Fa-"

"Naaaaww! You ain't gonna make me split up with my bestest of friends, are you, ol' Rasa? I'm goin' wherever she goes, an' that's that," a strong Cockney accent shouted.

Rasa let out an exasperated sigh, but Honne smiled at the idea.

"It sounds wonderful to me, Ethereal. Traveling with my two best friends sounds just fine. Ethereal is a strong fighter, and Rasa is skilled when it comes to magic, so if you two work together, I'm sure things will turn up fine," she suggested in a sing-song voice.

Nobody had any objections to this, so Rasasvada, Ethereal, and Honne were all put on one team with Saudade. This left Camhanaich with Fanfaronade, Xenization, and Oneirataxia.

The next hour was spent gathering supplies for the long road ahead, and right at noon, when the sun sat proudly at it's highest in the sky, the two teams parted their ways - Cam's towards Dragonhome, and Saudade's The Scarred Wasteland.

They giggled and hugged, promising to reunite soon - but little did they know that not everyone would be making it back home again in one piece.

Bright eyes glimmered with excitement as they walked deeper into the forest, hearing the voices of their classmates, their siblings, their friends, fade away.

No.

Some would not return at all.

(The story FINALLY begins, phew! Eight days of prologue! Now we can really get into the action and excitement of the story!)
O58IfTZ.png
oaolHwW.png
feXtM27.png
UYXZLyE.png
[center][size=4][b][u]Day 9:[/u][/b][/size] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/1057.png[/img] [i]Writing[/i][/center] [center][i][b]So Bright, The Stars.[/b][/i][/center] [center][size=2][i]You don't see what you possess, a beauty calm and clear It floods the sky and blurs the darkness like a chandelier All the light that you possess is skewed by lakes and seas The shattered surface, so imperfect, is all that you believe [/i][/size][/center] [center]Currently Following: [i]Saudade's Team[/i][/center] ----- "Oi, Saudade, I'll race you to that rock ova' there!" "If you insist. Here I come!" Laughter broke out all afternoon as the four dragons made their way through the Starwood Strand. Saudade and Ethereal would jump over logs and climb up onto rocks, declaring themselves as ruler of the forest, before slipping and falling on to their face, only to brush it off and try again. Everyone seemed to be having a wonderful time. Everyone, that is, except for Rasa. Walking beside him and feeling his body tense up, Honne frowned and slowed a bit, until she finally came to a stop. "We've been walking quite a bit. . If I'm correct, isn't it almost time for the moon to come out? Rasa. . has the sun already set?" she asked, turning her head to find the source of his voice. "It almost has, you would be correct," he replied blankly, trying to press forward. "Come along now. We have to keep going as long as we can, time is of the-" "Rasa." Her voice was stern this time, a disappointed look painted across her face. "You're pushing yourself too much. I can sense it. The moon will rise, and we have yet to eat - soon we won't be able to press on any further in this dark. We don't have something to help us find our way at night like Taxia does." "Your point being?" "I think we should set up camp here. You're upset, we're hungry, and it's getting late. I can hear a river nearby, so it's a perfect place to spend our first night. We can drink, bathe, and be ready for the long road ahead tomorrow." Rasa thought this over, then sighed, but nodded his head in agreement. Everything she said made sense, of course. He was just being stubborn, and upset about other untold things. "You're right, Honne. I'm sorry. I'll go call for the other two." [center]~[/center] The ground was damp from a light shower in the earlier hours, and the forest was calm and quiet. Food had already been prepared and eaten, and the bottom of a small cave nearby was lined with leaves to sleep on for the night. Saudade had fallen fast asleep, and Ethereal and Honne were up sharing stories and laughing, the blind Imperial's Steampunk Scarf serving as a blanket for her smaller friend. They whispered and giggled back and forth, until Honne realized that she wasn't sure were Rasa was. "Ethie, is he in the cave with us?" she asked Ethereal, using her childhood nickname for her. "Eh? Oh, nope. Saw 'em walk out a few minutes ago. Thought you 'eard that." Worried about what he must be doing, up at this hour, Honne excused herself and stumbled outside of the den, calling his name. "I'm here," Rasa replied, sitting beside the river, looking up at the moon and stars above. The moonlight reflected onto the water like a mirror, ripples of pale white, calm and clear. Fireflies danced around in the sky. A spectacular display, indeed. But Honne could not see it at all. "What are you doing out here, all by your lonesome? Are you alright?" "More than alright," Rasa whispered, voice hitching and wavering - on the verge of tears. "It's just. . Honne, I wish that you could see the beauty of everything around you. I wish you could run and play with your friends, I wish you could see the wonders of nature, and-" "Shh." Honne placed a wing over Rasa, pulling him close. "Don't tell me you still hold yourself accountable." "I do." Years ago, when the two were only hatchlings, one of the rouges attacked Spellbound Clan. It was a Skydancer, with long, red claws, and a big hat covering her eyes. She raided the hoard and tried to seek her revenge on Artie for banishing her, but Rasa got brave, and rushed out of his den and into the fight. He placed himself between Sibyl and the Leader, and out of rage, she lashed out at him with full force - but Honne was trying to push him away from the attacker at the same time. She was the one that received the blow to her face, permanently blinding her. "Please, stop blaming yourself. You were so brave, and you saved Artie. She was satisfied enough with me, someone could have gotten[i] killed[/i]. But it was just me." "No, Honne, don't say [i]just[/i] you! You are so special, you weren't just a target. You weren't just a decoy. This is still my fault." Honne said nothing in reply for a good long time, just sat beside him, facing the moon. She knew that it was up there, even if she couldn't see it. She knew that, every night, it did its job of lighting up the world and asked for nothing in return. "You're an awful lot like the moon," she said at last. "I. . I beg your pardon?" "You're like the moon," she repeated. "You and Ethereal both take care of me, and ask for nothing in return. But, unlike her, you can't see yourself apart from me, and it eats you alive. Look into the water, Rasa. Who do you see?" He complied, and stared down at his own reflection. "I see someone who really messed up and blinded you for life," he sighed. "And that is exactly the problem. Rasasvada. That isn't who you are. You haven't forgiven yourself, and allowed yourself to find out who you are. All you see is your faults. But I see a clever, kind, and caring young dragon who is capable of so much more than he realizes." Honne smiled softly, then stood, and started back for the cave. Before entering, she paused, realizing he hadn't followed her back. She looked back and chuckled. "I'm sure it's a beautiful night out, but you should really get some sleep soon. We've got traveling to do," she chimed. ". . And I really hope you find out who you are along the way." ------------ @Ezmara @SkylineCity @Aviary @MrsB00ty (the angst fest begins but HERE IN EXCHANGE FOR ANGST i give you this, Ethie as a hooman:) [img]http://i.imgur.com/hvAtfKe.png[/img]
Day 9:
1057.png
Writing

So Bright, The Stars.

You don't see what you possess, a beauty calm and clear
It floods the sky and blurs the darkness like a chandelier
All the light that you possess is skewed by lakes and seas
The shattered surface, so imperfect, is all that you believe

Currently Following: Saudade's Team

"Oi, Saudade, I'll race you to that rock ova' there!"

"If you insist. Here I come!"

Laughter broke out all afternoon as the four dragons made their way through the Starwood Strand. Saudade and Ethereal would jump over logs and climb up onto rocks, declaring themselves as ruler of the forest, before slipping and falling on to their face, only to brush it off and try again. Everyone seemed to be having a wonderful time.

Everyone, that is, except for Rasa.

Walking beside him and feeling his body tense up, Honne frowned and slowed a bit, until she finally came to a stop.

"We've been walking quite a bit. . If I'm correct, isn't it almost time for the moon to come out? Rasa. . has the sun already set?" she asked, turning her head to find the source of his voice.

"It almost has, you would be correct," he replied blankly, trying to press forward. "Come along now. We have to keep going as long as we can, time is of the-"

"Rasa."

Her voice was stern this time, a disappointed look painted across her face. "You're pushing yourself too much. I can sense it. The moon will rise, and we have yet to eat - soon we won't be able to press on any further in this dark. We don't have something to help us find our way at night like Taxia does."

"Your point being?"

"I think we should set up camp here. You're upset, we're hungry, and it's getting late. I can hear a river nearby, so it's a perfect place to spend our first night. We can drink, bathe, and be ready for the long road ahead tomorrow."

Rasa thought this over, then sighed, but nodded his head in agreement. Everything she said made sense, of course. He was just being stubborn, and upset about other untold things. "You're right, Honne. I'm sorry. I'll go call for the other two."

~

The ground was damp from a light shower in the earlier hours, and the forest was calm and quiet. Food had already been prepared and eaten, and the bottom of a small cave nearby was lined with leaves to sleep on for the night. Saudade had fallen fast asleep, and Ethereal and Honne were up sharing stories and laughing, the blind Imperial's Steampunk Scarf serving as a blanket for her smaller friend.

They whispered and giggled back and forth, until Honne realized that she wasn't sure were Rasa was.

"Ethie, is he in the cave with us?" she asked Ethereal, using her childhood nickname for her.

"Eh? Oh, nope. Saw 'em walk out a few minutes ago. Thought you 'eard that."

Worried about what he must be doing, up at this hour, Honne excused herself and stumbled outside of the den, calling his name.

"I'm here," Rasa replied, sitting beside the river, looking up at the moon and stars above. The moonlight reflected onto the water like a mirror, ripples of pale white, calm and clear. Fireflies danced around in the sky. A spectacular display, indeed. But Honne could not see it at all.

"What are you doing out here, all by your lonesome? Are you alright?"

"More than alright," Rasa whispered, voice hitching and wavering - on the verge of tears. "It's just. . Honne, I wish that you could see the beauty of everything around you. I wish you could run and play with your friends, I wish you could see the wonders of nature, and-"

"Shh." Honne placed a wing over Rasa, pulling him close. "Don't tell me you still hold yourself accountable."

"I do."

Years ago, when the two were only hatchlings, one of the rouges attacked Spellbound Clan. It was a Skydancer, with long, red claws, and a big hat covering her eyes. She raided the hoard and tried to seek her revenge on Artie for banishing her, but Rasa got brave, and rushed out of his den and into the fight. He placed himself between Sibyl and the Leader, and out of rage, she lashed out at him with full force - but Honne was trying to push him away from the attacker at the same time.

She was the one that received the blow to her face, permanently blinding her.

"Please, stop blaming yourself. You were so brave, and you saved Artie. She was satisfied enough with me, someone could have gotten killed. But it was just me."

"No, Honne, don't say just you! You are so special, you weren't just a target. You weren't just a decoy. This is still my fault."

Honne said nothing in reply for a good long time, just sat beside him, facing the moon. She knew that it was up there, even if she couldn't see it. She knew that, every night, it did its job of lighting up the world and asked for nothing in return.

"You're an awful lot like the moon," she said at last.

"I. . I beg your pardon?"

"You're like the moon," she repeated. "You and Ethereal both take care of me, and ask for nothing in return. But, unlike her, you can't see yourself apart from me, and it eats you alive. Look into the water, Rasa. Who do you see?"

He complied, and stared down at his own reflection.

"I see someone who really messed up and blinded you for life," he sighed.

"And that is exactly the problem. Rasasvada. That isn't who you are. You haven't forgiven yourself, and allowed yourself to find out who you are. All you see is your faults. But I see a clever, kind, and caring young dragon who is capable of so much more than he realizes."

Honne smiled softly, then stood, and started back for the cave. Before entering, she paused, realizing he hadn't followed her back. She looked back and chuckled.

"I'm sure it's a beautiful night out, but you should really get some sleep soon. We've got traveling to do," she chimed.

". . And I really hope you find out who you are along the way."

(the angst fest begins but HERE IN EXCHANGE FOR ANGST i give you this, Ethie as a hooman:)
hvAtfKe.png
O58IfTZ.png
oaolHwW.png
feXtM27.png
UYXZLyE.png
@sp00kyartie sticks me leggy out real far

seriously though I'm so hype, this is exciting, and I really like your writing so farrrr
@sp00kyartie sticks me leggy out real far

seriously though I'm so hype, this is exciting, and I really like your writing so farrrr
L7VN20N.png sh5xjiu.png
GFeO9bR.png
oczO35g.png
YMPbu9R.png
@Aviary I am so glad you like it so far!!! It's very fun to write and I have lots more soul crushing angst planned nyarharhar (but also awesome character development and possible romance.... heck yeah)
@Aviary I am so glad you like it so far!!! It's very fun to write and I have lots more soul crushing angst planned nyarharhar (but also awesome character development and possible romance.... heck yeah)
O58IfTZ.png
oaolHwW.png
feXtM27.png
UYXZLyE.png
[center][size=4][b][u]Day 10:[/u][/b][/size] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/16442.png[/img] [i]Writing[/i][/center] [center][i][b]Into the Sickness[/b][/i][/center] [center][size=2][i]You can tell me what to say; you can tell me where to go But I doubt that I would care, and my heart would never know If I make another move there'll be no more turning back Because everything will change and it all will fade to black [/i][/size][/center] [center]Currently Following: [i]Cam's Team[/i][/center] ------ It was the second day of the long journey to the Sunbeam Ruins. Camhanaich and the three other dragons in her group had travelled to the edge of the Starwood Strand and, according to a tattered map that Taxia was holding in his satchels, the Plague territory wasn't far away. "We will have to travel quickly through The Wandering Contagion if we don't want to get sick. We should waste no time trying to get to The Tangled Wood from there. We need to head straight to Dragonhome if we are to avoid catching illness," he explained, tracing their path on the map with a claw. "It'll still take an hour to two, but we need to hurry. Faro, how much do you weigh?" "What? [i]Why[/i] do you need to know?" she asked, sounding offended. "Does it matter? I'm beautiful either way! Don't be rude-" "[i]Just answer the question![/i]" Faro yelped at his harsh tone. "54 kilograms! Though I still fail to see how you need to know. ." "Because, I'm going to [i]carry[/i] you," he explained, giving her a dirty look. "[i]You can't fly.[/i] I know that. I'm doing you a favor. Flying will ensure we get to where we are going quicker, with less chance of us getting sicker." "Haha, that rhymes!" "Faro, please take this seriously," Xen whispered. "Fine, fine. Let's hurry on up!" And hurry they did, until they reached the border between the two flights' territories. Xenization took flight first, carrying Kilig on her back, then Camhanaich. Finally, Taxia bent down so that Faro could climb on to his back, and she did, wrapping her body around him so she wouldn't fall off. "Thank ya, Taxi!" "Thanking me? Well, gee. That's a first," he chuckled, shaking his head and soaring high up into the sky to catch up with the others. [center]~[/center] An hour later, and a faint outline The Pillar of the World could be seen through the clouds. They would be in Dragonhome in just a matter of minutes. "Taxia? I feel sick," Faro whined, looking down at the land below her. All that could be seen was an expansive boneyard, and the occasional cave emerging from the ground - likely a dragon's den. In the opposite direction of the crumbling pillar ahead was a monstrous lake, looking as if it could swallow the world whole. The Wyrmwound. "Don't look down. You're probably just airsick or nervous." "No. . I. . Really feel sick," she insisted, her grip around him loosening. "Just a while more, Faro. You can do this." There was no response from her, just silence. He disregarded it pressed on, figuring Faro was just overacting as she always did. The only concerning thing was that her grip was getting weaker and weaker, until it almost seemed as if she wasn't there at all. "Faro, hold on tight. Faro. . ?" He looked behind him, but it was too late. Faro had slipped off of him, and was free-falling into the wasteland below her. --------- @Ezmara @SkylineCity @Aviary @MrsB00ty (weeheeeee, cliffhangerrr)
Day 10:
16442.png
Writing

Into the Sickness

You can tell me what to say; you can tell me where to go
But I doubt that I would care, and my heart would never know
If I make another move there'll be no more turning back
Because everything will change and it all will fade to black

Currently Following: Cam's Team

It was the second day of the long journey to the Sunbeam Ruins. Camhanaich and the three other dragons in her group had travelled to the edge of the Starwood Strand and, according to a tattered map that Taxia was holding in his satchels, the Plague territory wasn't far away.

"We will have to travel quickly through The Wandering Contagion if we don't want to get sick. We should waste no time trying to get to The Tangled Wood from there. We need to head straight to Dragonhome if we are to avoid catching illness," he explained, tracing their path on the map with a claw.

"It'll still take an hour to two, but we need to hurry. Faro, how much do you weigh?"

"What? Why do you need to know?" she asked, sounding offended. "Does it matter? I'm beautiful either way! Don't be rude-"

"Just answer the question!"

Faro yelped at his harsh tone. "54 kilograms! Though I still fail to see how you need to know. ."

"Because, I'm going to carry you," he explained, giving her a dirty look. "You can't fly. I know that. I'm doing you a favor. Flying will ensure we get to where we are going quicker, with less chance of us getting sicker."

"Haha, that rhymes!"

"Faro, please take this seriously," Xen whispered.

"Fine, fine. Let's hurry on up!"

And hurry they did, until they reached the border between the two flights' territories.

Xenization took flight first, carrying Kilig on her back, then Camhanaich. Finally, Taxia bent down so that Faro could climb on to his back, and she did, wrapping her body around him so she wouldn't fall off.

"Thank ya, Taxi!"

"Thanking me? Well, gee. That's a first," he chuckled, shaking his head and soaring high up into the sky to catch up with the others.

~

An hour later, and a faint outline The Pillar of the World could be seen through the clouds. They would be in Dragonhome in just a matter of minutes.

"Taxia? I feel sick," Faro whined, looking down at the land below her.

All that could be seen was an expansive boneyard, and the occasional cave emerging from the ground - likely a dragon's den. In the opposite direction of the crumbling pillar ahead was a monstrous lake, looking as if it could swallow the world whole. The Wyrmwound.

"Don't look down. You're probably just airsick or nervous."

"No. . I. . Really feel sick," she insisted, her grip around him loosening.

"Just a while more, Faro. You can do this."

There was no response from her, just silence. He disregarded it pressed on, figuring Faro was just overacting as she always did. The only concerning thing was that her grip was getting weaker and weaker, until it almost seemed as if she wasn't there at all.

"Faro, hold on tight. Faro. . ?"

He looked behind him, but it was too late.

Faro had slipped off of him, and was free-falling into the wasteland below her.

(weeheeeee, cliffhangerrr)
O58IfTZ.png
oaolHwW.png
feXtM27.png
UYXZLyE.png
OH DAMN...

eagerly awaiting what happens tomorrow mmMMMM