Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Help-Character Development
My muse is off on vacation and I can't come up with anything. So I figure that I would turn to the brilliant minds here. I am working on a character and I need help with some stuff.

Here is what I have for her so far. Will post what I need help with below it.

Her mother is the current head of a Bard College and is getting up in years and is hoping to choose her successor soon, she is hoping for her daughter to take up the mantle as the head of the college have been in the family for generations.

She is a gifted bard but doesn't hold very high hopes of being able to win any contests for succession should it happen soon. She doesn't feel as if she is ready for such a responsibility and the task of such an important job. Her rival is the star pupil of her mother and many see her as the next heir apparent to heading the Bard College. But she will do what ever she can to not have her rival get the position, and has even struck out to find any adventuring bards who would be prime candidates as the head of the college when the time comes. Just as long as her rival does not get the job.

She is very out going and adventurous, and will almost never say no when given the chance to go somewhere new. She's not much of a singer, but loves to tell stories, poems and limericks. She has a facial scar (undecided where or what) and she never tells the same story as to why it happened.

I need ideas for what kind of facial scar for her to have, an odd shape maybe? And I need a story as to why she got it. I need a true story that is probably something silly and stupid. And then I need some random tales that she tells people that will really use her story telling skills. Some daring and adventurous tale of her crazy explorations. This is a fantasy medieval setting, so there are all manners of creatures and magics.

I've got a little more to fill her out. But I really want this scar to be a big part of her character and why she is like she is. If that makes any sense.

My muse is off on vacation and I can't come up with anything. So I figure that I would turn to the brilliant minds here. I am working on a character and I need help with some stuff.

Here is what I have for her so far. Will post what I need help with below it.

Her mother is the current head of a Bard College and is getting up in years and is hoping to choose her successor soon, she is hoping for her daughter to take up the mantle as the head of the college have been in the family for generations.

She is a gifted bard but doesn't hold very high hopes of being able to win any contests for succession should it happen soon. She doesn't feel as if she is ready for such a responsibility and the task of such an important job. Her rival is the star pupil of her mother and many see her as the next heir apparent to heading the Bard College. But she will do what ever she can to not have her rival get the position, and has even struck out to find any adventuring bards who would be prime candidates as the head of the college when the time comes. Just as long as her rival does not get the job.

She is very out going and adventurous, and will almost never say no when given the chance to go somewhere new. She's not much of a singer, but loves to tell stories, poems and limericks. She has a facial scar (undecided where or what) and she never tells the same story as to why it happened.

I need ideas for what kind of facial scar for her to have, an odd shape maybe? And I need a story as to why she got it. I need a true story that is probably something silly and stupid. And then I need some random tales that she tells people that will really use her story telling skills. Some daring and adventurous tale of her crazy explorations. This is a fantasy medieval setting, so there are all manners of creatures and magics.

I've got a little more to fill her out. But I really want this scar to be a big part of her character and why she is like she is. If that makes any sense.

tumblr_inline_nb17n4oppf1qg78ij.pngicesymbolsmall_zps52a54407.pngtumblr_inline_nb17n9a7r91qg78ij.png
@Dakari

One of my OCs has a scar across her left eye that starts at her temple and goes right across to almost the bottom of her nose. The reason she got it changes depending on what world she's placed in, but the original reason was that she was forced to watch...well, nvm that on a public board, but she was cut by exploding glass in a fire. She's really self conscious about it and is very vengeful because of it.

I love writing, I'd be happy to sit and discuss with you! :D
@Dakari

One of my OCs has a scar across her left eye that starts at her temple and goes right across to almost the bottom of her nose. The reason she got it changes depending on what world she's placed in, but the original reason was that she was forced to watch...well, nvm that on a public board, but she was cut by exploding glass in a fire. She's really self conscious about it and is very vengeful because of it.

I love writing, I'd be happy to sit and discuss with you! :D
C2befjR.gif 000
Amy: No, Rosa, we are doing something important here. We are women, standing up and supporting each other and becoming-
(Rosa closes the trunk with Amy inside)
Rosa: New fear: listening to Amy inspire us.
Gina: Be back in a half hour, Ames.

164.png