Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Writing for Your Dragons
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@Icedust1, if you're still interested (I know it's been a long time!), I am open for paid commissions!
@Icedust1, if you're still interested (I know it's been a long time!), I am open for paid commissions!
@Skylark

How much is a paid commission?
@Skylark

How much is a paid commission?
@Icedust1, Are you looking for bios or stories and how long on average? Also it's pretty negotiable; I try to work with what people can afford. =)
@Icedust1, Are you looking for bios or stories and how long on average? Also it's pretty negotiable; I try to work with what people can afford. =)
@Skylark I would like a bio about as long or a little less than this dragon's: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12963268] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/129633/12963268_350.png[/img] [/url] and I would like the bio to be about this lovely dragon: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21292768] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/212928/21292768_350.png[/img] [/url] Who is very quiet, a librarian's assistant, secretive, a book worm, and has crazy magical skills. Her best friend is Firebird: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22021301] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/220214/22021301_350.png[/img] [/url] Who is a very good fighter, funny, not much of a reader, and street smart. If there is a scene, it would probably be about the picture in both of their bios.
@Skylark

I would like a bio about as long or a little less than this dragon's:

12963268_350.png

and I would like the bio to be about this lovely dragon:

21292768_350.png

Who is very quiet, a librarian's assistant, secretive, a book worm, and has crazy magical skills. Her best friend is Firebird:

22021301_350.png

Who is a very good fighter, funny, not much of a reader, and street smart. If there is a scene, it would probably be about the picture in both of their bios.

@Skylark

If you need anything else, please tell me! I can pay about 30000t at most but hopefully less than that.
@Skylark

If you need anything else, please tell me! I can pay about 30000t at most but hopefully less than that.
@Skylark I'm interested in getting a short story about one of my dragons! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23415667] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/234157/23415667_350.png[/img] [/url] Her personality(remote but somehow very personable) and lore is pretty much as said in the bio. She is not exactly a dragon, or at least full-dragon but some type of robotic gear. I don't have it thought out, but she probably 'became' a robot due to...idk, an injury? at some point in her early life, or was made to replicate some other dragon's image? The charge she protects is her collection of historical records. I'd like the story to be about before she joined her current clan, and was traveling with her charge for shelter. The immediate thing I came up is when she discovered rust forming on her skin, but if you have anything else it'd be even better! How much would the payment be and how should I send it xD? I'll probably pay in gems if that's fine by you.
@Skylark

I'm interested in getting a short story about one of my dragons!

23415667_350.png

Her personality(remote but somehow very personable) and lore is pretty much as said in the bio. She is not exactly a dragon, or at least full-dragon but some type of robotic gear. I don't have it thought out, but she probably 'became' a robot due to...idk, an injury? at some point in her early life, or was made to replicate some other dragon's image? The charge she protects is her collection of historical records.

I'd like the story to be about before she joined her current clan, and was traveling with her charge for shelter. The immediate thing I came up is when she discovered rust forming on her skin, but if you have anything else it'd be even better!

How much would the payment be and how should I send it xD? I'll probably pay in gems if that's fine by you.
wBOpmxj.png
@Icedust1, you've been waiting a really long time, so thanks for your patience! While normally I'd charge more, I'll slash it down to 10kt. Does that sound acceptable?
Quote:
Arcticdeep is the kind of dragon that her unique name would suggest. She is rather quiet and mysterious, moving with the cool, swirling silence of deep ocean currents. Everything she does is done with purpose, shifting from task to task without rumpling a single strand of her main. She carries with her an air of secretiveness, as if she is always careful not to reveal too much.

Most dragons would overlook her easily, thinking her quite unremarkable. It is true that perhaps on the outside she may not be too memorable. She is an assistant to the clan librarian, taking care of many of the more menial tasks. Many of her days are spent meticulously organizing old scrolls and parchments, keeping track of where every important document is located. Arcticdeep has a perfect recall even without her notes, knowing exactly where to look to find anything.

She is nearly always in the library, flying up to high shelves or transcribing notes in her fine handwriting. For the most part, she finds comfort in the stillness, with only the occasional rustling of pages or scritching of a quill to break the silence. However, even the distant Arcticdeep feels lonely on the occasion. While most dragons do not speak to her outside of questions or simple pleasantries, there is one that she calls a true friend.

The one dragon that she is closest to could not be more different. They form a striking contrast, with the cool aloofness of ice countering the energetic heat of fire. While Firebird may be of the ice element, she would better have been born in Flamecaller’s care, where her passionate ferocity would have been far easier accepted and encouraged. A highstrung fighter with a wild sense of humor and an ambitious attitude, Firebird is a unique dragon indeed. What she lacks in scholarly learning, she makes up for in street smarts, having a shrewd sort of cunning beyond her years.

Despite their differences, they get along surprisingly well. Firebird enjoys the time she gets to relax a bit, and Arcticdeep enjoys the vigorous conversations to break up the laidback nature of her days. They never cease to amaze one another with the knowledge that they possess, albeit in remarkably dissimilar ways. It is the one time that Arcticdeep permits herself to open up, showing a different facet of her personality that few ever see. However, it is not the only thing that she keeps carefully covered up.

Beneath her somber exterior is a vast pool of magic, hidden like the polar seas beneath vast sheets of ice. She is startlingly powerful, though this is a fact that she would never let on. When she was younger, she would flaunt her ability to control entire storms and freeze living things, preserving them in ice for potentially indefinite periods of time.

However, she has since learned the folly of such actions. She is so strong with magic that can drop the temperature of the air around her simply by showing anger. Over time she found that dragons are easily threatened, and in that state are unpredictable. So she hides her abilities under a collected mask that is as cold and smooth as sea ice. While her name may reflect her personality, the similarities run deeper than most dragons would ever deign to imagine.
@Icedust1, you've been waiting a really long time, so thanks for your patience! While normally I'd charge more, I'll slash it down to 10kt. Does that sound acceptable?
Quote:
Arcticdeep is the kind of dragon that her unique name would suggest. She is rather quiet and mysterious, moving with the cool, swirling silence of deep ocean currents. Everything she does is done with purpose, shifting from task to task without rumpling a single strand of her main. She carries with her an air of secretiveness, as if she is always careful not to reveal too much.

Most dragons would overlook her easily, thinking her quite unremarkable. It is true that perhaps on the outside she may not be too memorable. She is an assistant to the clan librarian, taking care of many of the more menial tasks. Many of her days are spent meticulously organizing old scrolls and parchments, keeping track of where every important document is located. Arcticdeep has a perfect recall even without her notes, knowing exactly where to look to find anything.

She is nearly always in the library, flying up to high shelves or transcribing notes in her fine handwriting. For the most part, she finds comfort in the stillness, with only the occasional rustling of pages or scritching of a quill to break the silence. However, even the distant Arcticdeep feels lonely on the occasion. While most dragons do not speak to her outside of questions or simple pleasantries, there is one that she calls a true friend.

The one dragon that she is closest to could not be more different. They form a striking contrast, with the cool aloofness of ice countering the energetic heat of fire. While Firebird may be of the ice element, she would better have been born in Flamecaller’s care, where her passionate ferocity would have been far easier accepted and encouraged. A highstrung fighter with a wild sense of humor and an ambitious attitude, Firebird is a unique dragon indeed. What she lacks in scholarly learning, she makes up for in street smarts, having a shrewd sort of cunning beyond her years.

Despite their differences, they get along surprisingly well. Firebird enjoys the time she gets to relax a bit, and Arcticdeep enjoys the vigorous conversations to break up the laidback nature of her days. They never cease to amaze one another with the knowledge that they possess, albeit in remarkably dissimilar ways. It is the one time that Arcticdeep permits herself to open up, showing a different facet of her personality that few ever see. However, it is not the only thing that she keeps carefully covered up.

Beneath her somber exterior is a vast pool of magic, hidden like the polar seas beneath vast sheets of ice. She is startlingly powerful, though this is a fact that she would never let on. When she was younger, she would flaunt her ability to control entire storms and freeze living things, preserving them in ice for potentially indefinite periods of time.

However, she has since learned the folly of such actions. She is so strong with magic that can drop the temperature of the air around her simply by showing anger. Over time she found that dragons are easily threatened, and in that state are unpredictable. So she hides her abilities under a collected mask that is as cold and smooth as sea ice. While her name may reflect her personality, the similarities run deeper than most dragons would ever deign to imagine.
@altdd1112, I don't have a lot of experience in price points, but for about 500 words that's 25kt, which is roughly 35-40 gems with conversion. About how long were you thinking?

Also, who is her charge?
@altdd1112, I don't have a lot of experience in price points, but for about 500 words that's 25kt, which is roughly 35-40 gems with conversion. About how long were you thinking?

Also, who is her charge?
@Skylark

I guess around 500'd be perfect, but if the final piece end up taking longer to write I'm willing to pay extra for the time and effort!

Her charge would be a collection of historical records. It used to belong to another dragon she encountered during her search. Because of the proximity of the other dragon's residence to the Scarred Wasteland, she had to travel with her charge for new shelter after its last owner fell ill to the spreading plague.
@Skylark

I guess around 500'd be perfect, but if the final piece end up taking longer to write I'm willing to pay extra for the time and effort!

Her charge would be a collection of historical records. It used to belong to another dragon she encountered during her search. Because of the proximity of the other dragon's residence to the Scarred Wasteland, she had to travel with her charge for new shelter after its last owner fell ill to the spreading plague.
wBOpmxj.png
@Skylark

Wow that's great! I'll send you a crossroad right now. Would you like any of my hatchlings? For free, I mean.
@Skylark

Wow that's great! I'll send you a crossroad right now. Would you like any of my hatchlings? For free, I mean.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12