Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Nuzlocke] Embracing The Storm
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23
@BatCatization
Goodness of course~ Thank you for reading! <3
@BatCatization
Goodness of course~ Thank you for reading! <3
hhceN5m.png
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ♠I'm Quin!
♠ Any pronouns!
nnnnnnnnnnn
Pinglist: @Vosa, @Antaria, @XaentheUndead, @Kaial, @ArgenteaMoon, @Tiirran, @BatCatization

People from Nuzlocke Tumblr: @Sallin, @SpectralDragon, @Mutation

THIS ONE IS KINDA SHORT.
ALSO CLIFFHANGERS.

Part 12: "The Thief"

The search party was made up of Deimos, Vinx and I-- our normal battle squad. It was only natural that we take to a few battles every so often to keep our heads in line. We'd been out and about for a good quarter of the day, leaving the muddled parents to deal with the children; and Athena to care for.. whatever that child was in her eyes to her.

I didn't much feel like sitting and doing nothing; and to be completely honest I wasn't much afraid of where the child had run off to either, with her temper she'd easily get by in the expanse. Athena, though-- and Vinx. They worried about the child.

Being.. well.. me, I had to bend to their efforts, and jump the wagon.

So far, I hadn't seen any clue of a child at all. Nothing. We'd run across a kill a little close to the cave, and I'd thought maybe she'd been on a growth spree or something, I highly doubted a hatchling could kill a deer; but I mean, Mirrors are strange things. I knew that all too well.

We deemed it lunch time; and plopped down to grab a bite to eat, chatting idly. I dreaded the subject, but I knew we were already close as it was, and avoiding the area because of sole fears, seemed practically pointless. "We should stop by the beach." I muttered, hearing Deimos nearly choke on a piece of meat, before glaring at me. "Yea, I know."

"What about you and water?"

"What about me and water? You can go get the food."

"I'm a fire dragon Fraust, I'm afraid of it as much as you are."

"I don't think that's possible." My eyes shifted over to Vinx.

"I'm smaller than the fish, Fraust." He shook his head. "I can find you some small little fry."

"Cute. So very cute." I sighed, "Alright we're obviously not the best team to go fishing." I had to think of something; "Perhaps we can employ Elder and Yaaz to gather us some food when time comes need."

"Need will be soon, with your big mouth."

I stared at the Nocturne who merely grinned at me.

"Sometimes I despise the fact that you're all used to me." I scoffed. "Eat your damn food and come on." I didn't want to stand up; nor did I really want to move out so quickly, but we were wasting time.

I stood and moved just out of sight over a large dune. I could gaze from here, out into a distant woodline. The Sunbeam Ruins weren't far from here; we could make it there within a day; and as much as I was aware that that was not our goal, I almost felt drawn to get away from the desert for a little while.

That in and of itself felt odd. I'd never felt the needs to escape my own home. Not even when things were turning for the worst. I always felt safe here; among my thunderous deity and the gloom that shadowed the Shifting Expanse.

"Fraust, you alright?"

I turned my head to find Deimos sitting himself down beside of me. "Of course. Just.. thinking."

"Past, Present f--"

"Present."

"Huh." Was the only response I got. I didn't honestly expect more, really I didn't expect anything. I just wanted to sit here and think. "Think she went across the border?"

"Didn't she hatch yesterday? have you ever heard of a hatchling growing so quickly..?"

"Yes." I said at a length. "My son was steadily growing within 48 hours."

"Was he a Ridgeback?"

"yes."

"No mirrors that I've ever know have ever just rocketed off to be their own-- well I mean ferals do but--"

I glared at him. "She sure acted it."

"She knows she has a family, she's not feral." He said, seeming a bit.. off. "Trust me on that one."

I brushed it off like it was nothing. "What makes you say that?"

"Ferals seek a pack, they don't much like being seperated from their pack. She was an abandoned egg; she doesn't nor probably ever, will have a pack. Stop worrying so much. We'll find her."

I didn't know why pray-tell I worried about the little shitsack. She'd bit me far too many times to count and she'd rejected the bed, and clothes we'd provided for her; she merely disappeared.

"Something it nagging me to go there." I said after a few lengthy moments.

"The Ruins? Why?"

"I can't really say, it's just a feeling. Like I need to go there."

"It'd take the rest of the day, we'd have to find a place to stay, we'd never make it home at this rate." He siad, "But I'm willing to trust your gut instinct."

I smiled very softly at him, and sighed. "To light territory it is.

~

She found herself wide awake most of the night; Solus had been crying. She was very afraid of lightning. Even with the baby coiled close to her chest, she had a hard time consoling her. She'd hum little made-up songs, and rock her a little. She tried everything, kneading the baby's back with her claws.. She'd even curled her little pearl up close too. While the babe was seemingly making progress, she never once was hushed of little whimpering sobs.

It broke her heart, she had to help the little thing. She had to.

Eventually; the thunder calmed, and the duo passed out clinging to one another as if for life.

When morning came, she could feel the childs' heartbeat as close as her own. "Solus, baby wake up please." She whispered, nuzzling the child carefully. "We need to see if Father is home yet."

The baby made the cutest of yawns and stretched out. "There there little one, you can ride on my back, okay? It's too early, I know. We'll grab another nap if Father's not back yet, alright?" She purred. She couldn't explain the feelings this child gave her. How she made her feel so worthy. So loved.

Athena stood and stretched; stooping down to help the child hoist herself onto her back; pearl in a tight grasp. "Alright ready?" A little squeak was her response, and she started off; grabbing her stick; and heading out the cavern door.

~

Morning came far quicker than I'd hoped, I wanted some rest before we'd have time to flop over the remains of broken buildings. To be honest, I'd never been here before, so stepping foot here, was somewhat odd. Grass was new to me; as many thing apparently were. I remembered rough, brown grasses, but nothing this lush and soft.

It felt super strange on my feet; and moving through whatever this place was was a giant means colder than the Expanse. I wasn't sure whether I liked or disliked it. I suppose I wasn't really focused on the ground, more so where the hell I was, and what was around me.

Ahead of me, Deimos stopped. His body movements were strange, straight and sharp. He lifted a paw, and puffed out his chest, looking down over the grassy hill.

"Deimos..? What's going on..?"

He didn't respond right away; but he really didn't have to. At that point, Vinx perched on my back; and we were suddenly surrounded by mirrors of all shapes and sizes. "A pack. I thought you said--"

Deimos was baring his fangs at one in particular, a male that stood at the front of the formation. I darted to his side. "What is it that you want, stranger. This is my... Pack?" I hated sounding confused. "Group." I quick;y corrected myself. "We're looking for a small mirror; she wandered off and is missing."

"This is our territory." He hissed, "You are not welcome here."

"Listen buddy, I'm not here to take anything from you, I'm here to find my girl." I said, as calmly as possible. Which was hardly possible at all; given it was me.

Watching Deimos around these people was strange. "Why are you out this far?"

"Domination." The male smirked, "Why else, traitor?"

Deimos bared his fangs, and held a defensive position, while the other male made a jump at him.

I leaped into the way and whacked the stranger across the grass. "Leave him alone." I snarled, seething. "What is it that he did that makes him a traitor?"

"He's a thief. Didn't he tell you that?" He snorted, darting aside. "And I believe this is what you're searching for?"

The girl that stood before us was hardly a hatchling. She'd certainly grown in a day, adolescent, to say the least, dried blood caked on her maw and claws. She growled at me, and I knew it was her. "Coming home..?"

She grunted, and darted off towards home. "Good luck catching her, that's a fast one you've got. You're lucky she caught us and not the Ferals."

"Lucky my a--.."

"Shut it traitor, move along."
Pinglist: @Vosa, @Antaria, @XaentheUndead, @Kaial, @ArgenteaMoon, @Tiirran, @BatCatization

THIS ONE IS KINDA SHORT.
ALSO CLIFFHANGERS.

Part 12: "The Thief"

The search party was made up of Deimos, Vinx and I-- our normal battle squad. It was only natural that we take to a few battles every so often to keep our heads in line. We'd been out and about for a good quarter of the day, leaving the muddled parents to deal with the children; and Athena to care for.. whatever that child was in her eyes to her.

I didn't much feel like sitting and doing nothing; and to be completely honest I wasn't much afraid of where the child had run off to either, with her temper she'd easily get by in the expanse. Athena, though-- and Vinx. They worried about the child.

Being.. well.. me, I had to bend to their efforts, and jump the wagon.

So far, I hadn't seen any clue of a child at all. Nothing. We'd run across a kill a little close to the cave, and I'd thought maybe she'd been on a growth spree or something, I highly doubted a hatchling could kill a deer; but I mean, Mirrors are strange things. I knew that all too well.

We deemed it lunch time; and plopped down to grab a bite to eat, chatting idly. I dreaded the subject, but I knew we were already close as it was, and avoiding the area because of sole fears, seemed practically pointless. "We should stop by the beach." I muttered, hearing Deimos nearly choke on a piece of meat, before glaring at me. "Yea, I know."

"What about you and water?"

"What about me and water? You can go get the food."

"I'm a fire dragon Fraust, I'm afraid of it as much as you are."

"I don't think that's possible." My eyes shifted over to Vinx.

"I'm smaller than the fish, Fraust." He shook his head. "I can find you some small little fry."

"Cute. So very cute." I sighed, "Alright we're obviously not the best team to go fishing." I had to think of something; "Perhaps we can employ Elder and Yaaz to gather us some food when time comes need."

"Need will be soon, with your big mouth."

I stared at the Nocturne who merely grinned at me.

"Sometimes I despise the fact that you're all used to me." I scoffed. "Eat your damn food and come on." I didn't want to stand up; nor did I really want to move out so quickly, but we were wasting time.

I stood and moved just out of sight over a large dune. I could gaze from here, out into a distant woodline. The Sunbeam Ruins weren't far from here; we could make it there within a day; and as much as I was aware that that was not our goal, I almost felt drawn to get away from the desert for a little while.

That in and of itself felt odd. I'd never felt the needs to escape my own home. Not even when things were turning for the worst. I always felt safe here; among my thunderous deity and the gloom that shadowed the Shifting Expanse.

"Fraust, you alright?"

I turned my head to find Deimos sitting himself down beside of me. "Of course. Just.. thinking."

"Past, Present f--"

"Present."

"Huh." Was the only response I got. I didn't honestly expect more, really I didn't expect anything. I just wanted to sit here and think. "Think she went across the border?"

"Didn't she hatch yesterday? have you ever heard of a hatchling growing so quickly..?"

"Yes." I said at a length. "My son was steadily growing within 48 hours."

"Was he a Ridgeback?"

"yes."

"No mirrors that I've ever know have ever just rocketed off to be their own-- well I mean ferals do but--"

I glared at him. "She sure acted it."

"She knows she has a family, she's not feral." He said, seeming a bit.. off. "Trust me on that one."

I brushed it off like it was nothing. "What makes you say that?"

"Ferals seek a pack, they don't much like being seperated from their pack. She was an abandoned egg; she doesn't nor probably ever, will have a pack. Stop worrying so much. We'll find her."

I didn't know why pray-tell I worried about the little shitsack. She'd bit me far too many times to count and she'd rejected the bed, and clothes we'd provided for her; she merely disappeared.

"Something it nagging me to go there." I said after a few lengthy moments.

"The Ruins? Why?"

"I can't really say, it's just a feeling. Like I need to go there."

"It'd take the rest of the day, we'd have to find a place to stay, we'd never make it home at this rate." He siad, "But I'm willing to trust your gut instinct."

I smiled very softly at him, and sighed. "To light territory it is.

~

She found herself wide awake most of the night; Solus had been crying. She was very afraid of lightning. Even with the baby coiled close to her chest, she had a hard time consoling her. She'd hum little made-up songs, and rock her a little. She tried everything, kneading the baby's back with her claws.. She'd even curled her little pearl up close too. While the babe was seemingly making progress, she never once was hushed of little whimpering sobs.

It broke her heart, she had to help the little thing. She had to.

Eventually; the thunder calmed, and the duo passed out clinging to one another as if for life.

When morning came, she could feel the childs' heartbeat as close as her own. "Solus, baby wake up please." She whispered, nuzzling the child carefully. "We need to see if Father is home yet."

The baby made the cutest of yawns and stretched out. "There there little one, you can ride on my back, okay? It's too early, I know. We'll grab another nap if Father's not back yet, alright?" She purred. She couldn't explain the feelings this child gave her. How she made her feel so worthy. So loved.

Athena stood and stretched; stooping down to help the child hoist herself onto her back; pearl in a tight grasp. "Alright ready?" A little squeak was her response, and she started off; grabbing her stick; and heading out the cavern door.

~

Morning came far quicker than I'd hoped, I wanted some rest before we'd have time to flop over the remains of broken buildings. To be honest, I'd never been here before, so stepping foot here, was somewhat odd. Grass was new to me; as many thing apparently were. I remembered rough, brown grasses, but nothing this lush and soft.

It felt super strange on my feet; and moving through whatever this place was was a giant means colder than the Expanse. I wasn't sure whether I liked or disliked it. I suppose I wasn't really focused on the ground, more so where the hell I was, and what was around me.

Ahead of me, Deimos stopped. His body movements were strange, straight and sharp. He lifted a paw, and puffed out his chest, looking down over the grassy hill.

"Deimos..? What's going on..?"

He didn't respond right away; but he really didn't have to. At that point, Vinx perched on my back; and we were suddenly surrounded by mirrors of all shapes and sizes. "A pack. I thought you said--"

Deimos was baring his fangs at one in particular, a male that stood at the front of the formation. I darted to his side. "What is it that you want, stranger. This is my... Pack?" I hated sounding confused. "Group." I quick;y corrected myself. "We're looking for a small mirror; she wandered off and is missing."

"This is our territory." He hissed, "You are not welcome here."

"Listen buddy, I'm not here to take anything from you, I'm here to find my girl." I said, as calmly as possible. Which was hardly possible at all; given it was me.

Watching Deimos around these people was strange. "Why are you out this far?"

"Domination." The male smirked, "Why else, traitor?"

Deimos bared his fangs, and held a defensive position, while the other male made a jump at him.

I leaped into the way and whacked the stranger across the grass. "Leave him alone." I snarled, seething. "What is it that he did that makes him a traitor?"

"He's a thief. Didn't he tell you that?" He snorted, darting aside. "And I believe this is what you're searching for?"

The girl that stood before us was hardly a hatchling. She'd certainly grown in a day, adolescent, to say the least, dried blood caked on her maw and claws. She growled at me, and I knew it was her. "Coming home..?"

She grunted, and darted off towards home. "Good luck catching her, that's a fast one you've got. You're lucky she caught us and not the Ferals."

"Lucky my a--.."

"Shut it traitor, move along."
hhceN5m.png
♠ Any pronouns!
nnnnnnnnnnn
@Alxias I have no idea what's going on?
@Alxias I have no idea what's going on?
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@argenteamoon
Well they're out looking for the baby who bites everyone because she just runs off all the time.
And then they run into where Deimos came from.
(Meanwhile Athena is looking for Fraust who is not home but she does not know that)
I'm unsure I understand your question.
@argenteamoon
Well they're out looking for the baby who bites everyone because she just runs off all the time.
And then they run into where Deimos came from.
(Meanwhile Athena is looking for Fraust who is not home but she does not know that)
I'm unsure I understand your question.
hhceN5m.png
♠ Any pronouns!
nnnnnnnnnnn
@Alxias never mind I was just ... very unnecessarily confused. My usually acute mind had gone all fuzzy, I think today is just a very bad day for me to try and understand anything I:[

Yeah I guess I figured that was what was going on with Deimos and the other Mirrors, I just ... wasn't sure because useless brain full of clouds. Bluhhhh
@Alxias never mind I was just ... very unnecessarily confused. My usually acute mind had gone all fuzzy, I think today is just a very bad day for me to try and understand anything I:[

Yeah I guess I figured that was what was going on with Deimos and the other Mirrors, I just ... wasn't sure because useless brain full of clouds. Bluhhhh
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@argenteamoon
Slowly I'm pulling out more means to flesh out the main characters, with that being said, Fraust isn't the only one who's silent about where he came from. Deimos was accused of something himself. A sort of... Thievery, before he fled.
@argenteamoon
Slowly I'm pulling out more means to flesh out the main characters, with that being said, Fraust isn't the only one who's silent about where he came from. Deimos was accused of something himself. A sort of... Thievery, before he fled.
hhceN5m.png
♠ Any pronouns!
nnnnnnnnnnn
@Alxias

Deimosss
What did you doooo

Also the Athena and Solus bit was so cute ;A;
Sweet babies.
@Alxias

Deimosss
What did you doooo

Also the Athena and Solus bit was so cute ;A;
Sweet babies.
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Alxias pinglist please
@Alxias pinglist please
ldNLSdw.png
@Digimon11 sorry for the late reply! Thank you so much added~
@Digimon11 sorry for the late reply! Thank you so much added~
hhceN5m.png
♠ Any pronouns!
nnnnnnnnnnn
Pinglist: @Vosa, @Antaria, @XaentheUndead, @Kaial, @ArgenteaMoon, @Tiirran, @BatCatization, @Digimon11

Part 13: "Wanted"

Athena wasn't sure where she'd ended up, to be completely honest. She felt her stick hit something hard, and would stop. "Hello..? Is anyone here..?"

With no vocal responses, she sighed. "Looks like Father's not home yet, huh?"

She turned, but had no perception as to which direction she'd come. "Hm.. Solus babe, do you remember which way we came from?"

She was unsure as to what she was expecting from the infant, but she audibly sighed, and picked a path, tapping her stick along. After a long trudge through hot sands, she had to find some shade. That was far easier said than done; being unable to see anything. She kept on walking, despite feeling horribly sick to her stomach. She realized just then, that she hadn't eaten anything; and neither had little Solus. She was oddly quiet this whole time; and Athena was getting worried that she may soon become dehydrated if this kept up.

Suddenly there were sounds to her immediate right; she tried to find someplace to hide, but it seemed wholly impossible. Her stick nudged the side of a rock; and she dropped to the ground as far as she could manage to squirm behind it and cover Solus with her wings. She felt the baby's breaths on her wings; hot and heavy.

Her heart broken, and her eyes watering in the immense heat; she hid behind that rock until the sounds ceased.

She tried to keep her breaths steady, and Solus' muted beneath her wings. It sounded to her like it was going alright; after all sound wasn't much an issue to her, other than loud noises. She disliked those a lot.

"Miss?"

She jumped, Solus scrambling to cling to her back, losing her pearl and letting go to scramble after it. It was all a scene of chaos, and fear, really. She noted no maliciousness in his tone; but he had scared her, and she was just fumbling around, trying to gather up Solus; who in turn was trying to get a hold on her little pearl. It was all a moshposh of horribly timed hellos.

"I'm so sorry miss, I didn't mean to scare you, I'm not going to hurt you.. I saw you sneak in while I was taking down those Serthis. You're way out here, you know; I don't think you want to be out here alone."

"You're out here alone." She countered quietly; yet as loud as she honestly could speak.

"Ah yes, I am indeed." He shrugged, "But I can heal myself; can you?"

She lowered her head. "I cannot."

Solus made a little squeak, trying to climb up her leg; Athena bent down to let the baby back to it's comfy position.

"Why are you out here all alone; and with a child non-the-less." He inquired.

"I don't." She paused, "I cannot see and things got mixed up in direction."

"I see. Where is it that you need to go?"

"I don't know how to explain it.."

He seemed to grow quiet in what she could only assume was thought. What she hoped was thought, at least. "Can you point me in any specific direction? I mean not literally.. Like, landmarks?"

"Well; we live in a cave. In the big crevice. My fathers.. They left last night to look for someone who went missing, and then I go and get myself lost."

"Come, I will help you find your way back; but you're headed the wrong way if you're headed for the Carrion."

~

"Vinx tail her. Make sure she gets home, and wait for us." I demanded, the Nocturne darting after the mirror gal. I turned my attention to Deimos, who merely sighed.

"I would have told you--"

"Told me what?" I wasn't even angry, it felt so weird to be afraid and not angry in a situation like this. But that's exactly how I felt. "What happened?"

"I was a leader for a while; alright? I sent the command down the line to intersect through Plaguelands. We'd been having issues with Rotpack; I'm sure you can just imagine what they are, given their name.."

I raised a brow, looking down on him. "How does any of this make you a traitor?"

"We attacked, we went full force into their domain; and attacked. They had allies, we didn't. I ordered a retreat, but not many would listen; when I finally turned tail; the few that followed were eventually drug back, but I was long gone.

"I didn't want to die, Fraust. There are a lot of things I want to do in life, but I'm not ready to die. So I ran. I ran like anyone who didn't want to end up part of the Rotpack would have run, and what happened to a handful of those that stayed has apparently become my fault."

"Mutations..?"

He hard swallowed, "And beyond. They caught me, and forced me to see the damage I'd done. I've never seen so much ilk and disgust before in my life. It hurts just breathing there. So I left. I ditched the pack."

I sighed. "And now they claim you to be a traitor?"

"Yes. I'm sorry, I didn't really think it was really that important, I never thought I'd have to have run into them again.." He sighed, "We should really get back home, before they catch up to us again. I don't want to bring war on our family."

I knew he was right, but something felt.. Unfinished here. "Alright, lets head home."

~

"Okay I mean I'm horrible at directions. I'm sort of blind remember..?" Athena could feel the air getting cooler, she couldn't dare think that they'd been out all day. Solus had fallen asleep on her back, and having tripped over her new friend multiple times; she'd very well judged him to be a spiral. He took up the lead.

"We're closer to the Carrion now, but you had wandered so far out there, I'm surprised you hadn't been attacked."

"I thought I was under attack when I ran into you; that's why I hid."

"Makes sense." He muttered, "Wait, stay low, I heard something."

"I don't hear anything."

"Shhh.. just keep quiet. Maybe they'll pass us by."

She prayed that the odd, horrible stomping would pass them by; but that was sadly, not the case. "Halt." The voice was vicious, dripping in a sense of hate and disgust. "Who are you, and where are you going?"

"My name is Lark, and my companions are lost. I am simply aiding in helping them to their home." Said the Spiral, calm as ever.

"Girl; who are you?"

Athena gulped down a stinging swallow of fear. "My name is Athena, and this is Solus."

"Where are you going?"

"Home, if we find our way." She murmured, "I'm no good with directions I can't really see.."

There was laughing. All around her, laughing, and she could hear her spiral friend growl. "What is the meaning of this?!"

"We're on the lookout for a male by the name of Deimos; he was around earlier with a little group of friends. We have to ask him a few questions. Figured you might be about to hel--"

"What happened to dad?!" Athena growled, "What did you horrible people do?!"

"Ohohoho... 'Dad', huh? Looks like we hit the jackpot, eh boys?" What she could only assume was the leader cackled. "Take the child."

Athena didn't have the time to respond. She didn't understand at first-- and then she felt Solus wrenched from her sleeping spot on her back; ripping up feathers as she was pulled away, dropping her pearl; who another mirror toyed with, kicking it to another.

"Let her go!" Athena shrieked, her voice not very loud at all. She felt tears in her useless eyes, tearing around and peppering the force to her left with jutting shards of ice that leapt from the ground out towards the masses. Several jumped back; but she could still hear little Solus crying out in pain and frustration. "Stop this at once!"

"Where is your father, little one..?" Came that same, horrible voice. "Where did he come from?"

"I don't know!" She cried, her voice cracking as loud as it got; "I'm lost, I'm trying to find my way home. Please.. please let her go.."

"Where. Is your father, little girl. I know you know at least -something-." He said, Solus shrieking in a finely distinguished pain. "I won't kill her if you tell us."

"We came from the Carrion! That's where we're heading back to! I don't know anything else I swear, just let her go! Give me her pearl please, please don't hurt her anymore please." She was begging, she'd collapsed, shaking her head into the sand. "Please."

"Drop the kid," He started, kicking the pearl towards Athena, who grappled for it quickly, holding it close to her chest. He stepped on Solus, a tiny yelp escaping her strangled throat. "If I find out you lied, I swear on the eleven you'll regret it.

It was that moment that her Spiral friend stepped in; and she could hear the scuffle for several minutes before Solus returned to her.. her 'mother'. When Lark was the only person she heard, she just shook her head. "What is going on.."

"Come on, we need to find home before they do. I have a horrible feeling about this."

~

I remember making it back to the lair with literally everyone freaking out. Elder claimed to have seen some sort of spy, and Yaaz was out with the crazy unnamed mirror and Vinx, looking for Athena-- wait WHAT?

"How long ago did she disappear?!" Deimos snarled, glaring at Ettic, the fae looking at her friend.

Phathum cleared his little throat, ans spoke for her. "Roughly 8 hours ago."

"AND NO ONE HAS FOUND HER YET?! WHERE IS SOLUS?"

"I would assume with her; but I am unsure."

"HOW ARE YOU SO SERIOUS AN' NOT YELLING." I thought I was going to explode, Where in the world was my little girl..?

"I am unsure of what you mean, I am not sure that I am capable of yelling." Phathum said, twitching his frills with a hint of aggitation.

I snarled, darting out of the lair, followed closely by the quiet little Maitha, and a very stumbly Bubs that really reminded me of her mother all the more she was able to move. "NO. YOU TWO KIDS STAY HERE." I demanded, darting off, and into the sky. "Deimos stay here. watch the kids, I've got this!"

With that, I was gone. I looked all through the places I'd taken her to train, but it was damn near pitch black out by now, and thunderheads were rolling in so there was no moonlight.

I'd strike down personal lightning bolts every so often for the light; but I didn't hear anything until-- Solus. The child was terrified of storms, and I instantly felt horrible for likely scaring her senseless.

When I landed; the first thing I saw was a very scared little pile of dragons huddled under a tiny little rockface they hardly fit under. Athena, Solus, and some spiral I didn't recognize. All curled together in a ball. The closer I got, I realized the noodle was watching me. "Athena..?" I feared the worst, I could smell blood.

It brought back so much pain.

She looked up. "Dad." She whispered, "Dad they're looking for.. Dad, they're looking for Deimos."

I knew automatically what she was talking about; but shook my head, "What happened?"

"I went looking for you and got lost, and walked to far. lark saved my life twice dad. I told him he could stay with us, he's looking for a home. He's a healer, maybe he can help the team. "

I was not even about to reject help to the man that had saved my little girl. "But I smell blood."

Athena sighed, "The mirrors, they threatened to kill Solus if I didn't give them information; they tore open her wing, so she's very pained and also afraid of storms so.."

"Lets get you three home." I sighed, "We'll have to deal with so much of this in the morning but.. You've dealt with far too much already."
Pinglist: @Vosa, @Antaria, @XaentheUndead, @Kaial, @ArgenteaMoon, @Tiirran, @BatCatization, @Digimon11

Part 13: "Wanted"

Athena wasn't sure where she'd ended up, to be completely honest. She felt her stick hit something hard, and would stop. "Hello..? Is anyone here..?"

With no vocal responses, she sighed. "Looks like Father's not home yet, huh?"

She turned, but had no perception as to which direction she'd come. "Hm.. Solus babe, do you remember which way we came from?"

She was unsure as to what she was expecting from the infant, but she audibly sighed, and picked a path, tapping her stick along. After a long trudge through hot sands, she had to find some shade. That was far easier said than done; being unable to see anything. She kept on walking, despite feeling horribly sick to her stomach. She realized just then, that she hadn't eaten anything; and neither had little Solus. She was oddly quiet this whole time; and Athena was getting worried that she may soon become dehydrated if this kept up.

Suddenly there were sounds to her immediate right; she tried to find someplace to hide, but it seemed wholly impossible. Her stick nudged the side of a rock; and she dropped to the ground as far as she could manage to squirm behind it and cover Solus with her wings. She felt the baby's breaths on her wings; hot and heavy.

Her heart broken, and her eyes watering in the immense heat; she hid behind that rock until the sounds ceased.

She tried to keep her breaths steady, and Solus' muted beneath her wings. It sounded to her like it was going alright; after all sound wasn't much an issue to her, other than loud noises. She disliked those a lot.

"Miss?"

She jumped, Solus scrambling to cling to her back, losing her pearl and letting go to scramble after it. It was all a scene of chaos, and fear, really. She noted no maliciousness in his tone; but he had scared her, and she was just fumbling around, trying to gather up Solus; who in turn was trying to get a hold on her little pearl. It was all a moshposh of horribly timed hellos.

"I'm so sorry miss, I didn't mean to scare you, I'm not going to hurt you.. I saw you sneak in while I was taking down those Serthis. You're way out here, you know; I don't think you want to be out here alone."

"You're out here alone." She countered quietly; yet as loud as she honestly could speak.

"Ah yes, I am indeed." He shrugged, "But I can heal myself; can you?"

She lowered her head. "I cannot."

Solus made a little squeak, trying to climb up her leg; Athena bent down to let the baby back to it's comfy position.

"Why are you out here all alone; and with a child non-the-less." He inquired.

"I don't." She paused, "I cannot see and things got mixed up in direction."

"I see. Where is it that you need to go?"

"I don't know how to explain it.."

He seemed to grow quiet in what she could only assume was thought. What she hoped was thought, at least. "Can you point me in any specific direction? I mean not literally.. Like, landmarks?"

"Well; we live in a cave. In the big crevice. My fathers.. They left last night to look for someone who went missing, and then I go and get myself lost."

"Come, I will help you find your way back; but you're headed the wrong way if you're headed for the Carrion."

~

"Vinx tail her. Make sure she gets home, and wait for us." I demanded, the Nocturne darting after the mirror gal. I turned my attention to Deimos, who merely sighed.

"I would have told you--"

"Told me what?" I wasn't even angry, it felt so weird to be afraid and not angry in a situation like this. But that's exactly how I felt. "What happened?"

"I was a leader for a while; alright? I sent the command down the line to intersect through Plaguelands. We'd been having issues with Rotpack; I'm sure you can just imagine what they are, given their name.."

I raised a brow, looking down on him. "How does any of this make you a traitor?"

"We attacked, we went full force into their domain; and attacked. They had allies, we didn't. I ordered a retreat, but not many would listen; when I finally turned tail; the few that followed were eventually drug back, but I was long gone.

"I didn't want to die, Fraust. There are a lot of things I want to do in life, but I'm not ready to die. So I ran. I ran like anyone who didn't want to end up part of the Rotpack would have run, and what happened to a handful of those that stayed has apparently become my fault."

"Mutations..?"

He hard swallowed, "And beyond. They caught me, and forced me to see the damage I'd done. I've never seen so much ilk and disgust before in my life. It hurts just breathing there. So I left. I ditched the pack."

I sighed. "And now they claim you to be a traitor?"

"Yes. I'm sorry, I didn't really think it was really that important, I never thought I'd have to have run into them again.." He sighed, "We should really get back home, before they catch up to us again. I don't want to bring war on our family."

I knew he was right, but something felt.. Unfinished here. "Alright, lets head home."

~

"Okay I mean I'm horrible at directions. I'm sort of blind remember..?" Athena could feel the air getting cooler, she couldn't dare think that they'd been out all day. Solus had fallen asleep on her back, and having tripped over her new friend multiple times; she'd very well judged him to be a spiral. He took up the lead.

"We're closer to the Carrion now, but you had wandered so far out there, I'm surprised you hadn't been attacked."

"I thought I was under attack when I ran into you; that's why I hid."

"Makes sense." He muttered, "Wait, stay low, I heard something."

"I don't hear anything."

"Shhh.. just keep quiet. Maybe they'll pass us by."

She prayed that the odd, horrible stomping would pass them by; but that was sadly, not the case. "Halt." The voice was vicious, dripping in a sense of hate and disgust. "Who are you, and where are you going?"

"My name is Lark, and my companions are lost. I am simply aiding in helping them to their home." Said the Spiral, calm as ever.

"Girl; who are you?"

Athena gulped down a stinging swallow of fear. "My name is Athena, and this is Solus."

"Where are you going?"

"Home, if we find our way." She murmured, "I'm no good with directions I can't really see.."

There was laughing. All around her, laughing, and she could hear her spiral friend growl. "What is the meaning of this?!"

"We're on the lookout for a male by the name of Deimos; he was around earlier with a little group of friends. We have to ask him a few questions. Figured you might be about to hel--"

"What happened to dad?!" Athena growled, "What did you horrible people do?!"

"Ohohoho... 'Dad', huh? Looks like we hit the jackpot, eh boys?" What she could only assume was the leader cackled. "Take the child."

Athena didn't have the time to respond. She didn't understand at first-- and then she felt Solus wrenched from her sleeping spot on her back; ripping up feathers as she was pulled away, dropping her pearl; who another mirror toyed with, kicking it to another.

"Let her go!" Athena shrieked, her voice not very loud at all. She felt tears in her useless eyes, tearing around and peppering the force to her left with jutting shards of ice that leapt from the ground out towards the masses. Several jumped back; but she could still hear little Solus crying out in pain and frustration. "Stop this at once!"

"Where is your father, little one..?" Came that same, horrible voice. "Where did he come from?"

"I don't know!" She cried, her voice cracking as loud as it got; "I'm lost, I'm trying to find my way home. Please.. please let her go.."

"Where. Is your father, little girl. I know you know at least -something-." He said, Solus shrieking in a finely distinguished pain. "I won't kill her if you tell us."

"We came from the Carrion! That's where we're heading back to! I don't know anything else I swear, just let her go! Give me her pearl please, please don't hurt her anymore please." She was begging, she'd collapsed, shaking her head into the sand. "Please."

"Drop the kid," He started, kicking the pearl towards Athena, who grappled for it quickly, holding it close to her chest. He stepped on Solus, a tiny yelp escaping her strangled throat. "If I find out you lied, I swear on the eleven you'll regret it.

It was that moment that her Spiral friend stepped in; and she could hear the scuffle for several minutes before Solus returned to her.. her 'mother'. When Lark was the only person she heard, she just shook her head. "What is going on.."

"Come on, we need to find home before they do. I have a horrible feeling about this."

~

I remember making it back to the lair with literally everyone freaking out. Elder claimed to have seen some sort of spy, and Yaaz was out with the crazy unnamed mirror and Vinx, looking for Athena-- wait WHAT?

"How long ago did she disappear?!" Deimos snarled, glaring at Ettic, the fae looking at her friend.

Phathum cleared his little throat, ans spoke for her. "Roughly 8 hours ago."

"AND NO ONE HAS FOUND HER YET?! WHERE IS SOLUS?"

"I would assume with her; but I am unsure."

"HOW ARE YOU SO SERIOUS AN' NOT YELLING." I thought I was going to explode, Where in the world was my little girl..?

"I am unsure of what you mean, I am not sure that I am capable of yelling." Phathum said, twitching his frills with a hint of aggitation.

I snarled, darting out of the lair, followed closely by the quiet little Maitha, and a very stumbly Bubs that really reminded me of her mother all the more she was able to move. "NO. YOU TWO KIDS STAY HERE." I demanded, darting off, and into the sky. "Deimos stay here. watch the kids, I've got this!"

With that, I was gone. I looked all through the places I'd taken her to train, but it was damn near pitch black out by now, and thunderheads were rolling in so there was no moonlight.

I'd strike down personal lightning bolts every so often for the light; but I didn't hear anything until-- Solus. The child was terrified of storms, and I instantly felt horrible for likely scaring her senseless.

When I landed; the first thing I saw was a very scared little pile of dragons huddled under a tiny little rockface they hardly fit under. Athena, Solus, and some spiral I didn't recognize. All curled together in a ball. The closer I got, I realized the noodle was watching me. "Athena..?" I feared the worst, I could smell blood.

It brought back so much pain.

She looked up. "Dad." She whispered, "Dad they're looking for.. Dad, they're looking for Deimos."

I knew automatically what she was talking about; but shook my head, "What happened?"

"I went looking for you and got lost, and walked to far. lark saved my life twice dad. I told him he could stay with us, he's looking for a home. He's a healer, maybe he can help the team. "

I was not even about to reject help to the man that had saved my little girl. "But I smell blood."

Athena sighed, "The mirrors, they threatened to kill Solus if I didn't give them information; they tore open her wing, so she's very pained and also afraid of storms so.."

"Lets get you three home." I sighed, "We'll have to deal with so much of this in the morning but.. You've dealt with far too much already."
hhceN5m.png
♠ Any pronouns!
nnnnnnnnnnn
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23