Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Kata's Art Cupboard
1 2
I love your cute coatls, but OH MAN THAT NOC. I MUST HUG IT.

I MUST HUG ALL THE DERGS
I love your cute coatls, but OH MAN THAT NOC. I MUST HUG IT.

I MUST HUG ALL THE DERGS
small7_zps60257e78.png
fOSQCIF.png
These are great! Your style is fun to look at, and your lineart is really nice and smooth (I'm guessing you use flash for them? Or some stabilizer tools?)
You have a great sense for placement of shadows and highlights, too!
The coatls are particuary great, they have a really polished and professional look them, great work!
These are great! Your style is fun to look at, and your lineart is really nice and smooth (I'm guessing you use flash for them? Or some stabilizer tools?)
You have a great sense for placement of shadows and highlights, too!
The coatls are particuary great, they have a really polished and professional look them, great work!
@LindLund Sorry I didn't get to this until now! I actually don't use stabilizers for most of my work (I don't even think photoshop has stabilizers and I can't use SAI). Just a steady hand. I will admit that the coatls aren't hand-drawn, I did a sketch with the paintbrush and then went over it with vector shape layers, which are able to be scaled up / down and basically moved around without loss of quality. Flash runs off the same process, so you have a great eye! I use vector artwork to ensure that I'm giving my best when people buy stuff. :D They're also amazing practice, and have helped me learn how to push the limits on my vector artwork! [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/de3f97b92f640d34a56d8bfa767d274b/tumblr_nial72oD971ts6fy2o1_1280.png[/img]
@LindLund Sorry I didn't get to this until now!

I actually don't use stabilizers for most of my work (I don't even think photoshop has stabilizers and I can't use SAI). Just a steady hand.

I will admit that the coatls aren't hand-drawn, I did a sketch with the paintbrush and then went over it with vector shape layers, which are able to be scaled up / down and basically moved around without loss of quality. Flash runs off the same process, so you have a great eye! I use vector artwork to ensure that I'm giving my best when people buy stuff.

:D They're also amazing practice, and have helped me learn how to push the limits on my vector artwork!

tumblr_nial72oD971ts6fy2o1_1280.png
1 2