Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Exiled Story Teller (Nuzlocke)
(( Hi there everyone! This hole Nuzlocke thing is going around, and I thought I would join in. It looks like fun! Now, I admit I'm doing the baby verion, okay? I cant get rid of all my draggies. Besiiidddeess, my dragon is exiled, so.. the others are still alive, right..? Either way, I have plans, so.. Yeah. This is mostly for story inspiration rather than the actually challenge. Hope you enjoy!)) ((Pinglist- @JadeMagic )) [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/37146/3714532_350.png[/img] Voices. Wavering, in out, in out. Never consistent. Why did you do it?! One screams. I didn't mean to! Shouts another. I wander, fluttering here and there, walking when my wings can no longer support me. Finally, I cannot take another step. Not another moment of this insanity. I collapse, letting the voices consume me. So.. What’s my name? What’s my tale? Why am I wandering? None of its important. At least.. Not anymore. Not after what I did. I was exiled from my clan. I’m on the run. That’s about all there is to me… Sometime later… The voices subside. I struggle to consciousness, and pry my eyes open. I’m crumpled in a ball… and there’s not much around.. It’s a dry, arid region with a small stream. I can see a forest in the distance… I think I came from there. Hard to tell. Wait, what’s that? What’s tapping my shoulder? No, they- they couldn't have followed me- they- they couldn't have. Oh. It’s just a bird. The bird is looking at me, its head turned. I rack my mind, and remember all the animals. This one is a Storm Seeker... I think. Normally a sign of bad weather, and normally in large groups referred to as ‘murders’. I slowly calm down from my previous near panic attack, and mumbled, “Hi there..” My voice is scratchy, and it makes me wonder just how many days I've been wandering. Now that I’m thinking.. My mouth is dry, and my belly rumbles. Just how long has it been..? No matter.. I need food and water. I step over to the stream, and drink my fill. The bird seems to like me.. Its following me around. I glare at it, my pink eyes narrowed. “Get lost, bird. You won't gain anything by following me…” I dig into a bush, pulling out some berries. The dang bird is still here. Why won't it leave? “Oh.. You’re hungry. Fine, you want some? Take it.” I toss my berries, not amused by its actions. It munches on the berries, looking happy. It sits, and it probably comes up to my shoulders, when I’m on my hind legs. I eat my fill, and decide to go back into the open. The bushes don’t suit me very well. The bird follows me out, and before I can do anything.. The voices are back. Screeching, yelling horrid screams. I groan, and pull my clawed hands to my head, falling. The world spins, and the last thing I see is that stupid bird staring down at me with a concerned expression.
(( Hi there everyone! This hole Nuzlocke thing is going around, and I thought I would join in. It looks like fun! Now, I admit I'm doing the baby verion, okay? I cant get rid of all my draggies. Besiiidddeess, my dragon is exiled, so.. the others are still alive, right..? Either way, I have plans, so.. Yeah. This is mostly for story inspiration rather than the actually challenge. Hope you enjoy!))

((Pinglist- @JadeMagic ))

3714532_350.png

Voices. Wavering, in out, in out. Never consistent. Why did you do it?! One screams. I didn't mean to! Shouts another. I wander, fluttering here and there, walking when my wings can no longer support me. Finally, I cannot take another step. Not another moment of this insanity. I collapse, letting the voices consume me.

So.. What’s my name? What’s my tale? Why am I wandering? None of its important. At least.. Not anymore. Not after what I did. I was exiled from my clan. I’m on the run. That’s about all there is to me…

Sometime later… The voices subside. I struggle to consciousness, and pry my eyes open. I’m crumpled in a ball… and there’s not much around.. It’s a dry, arid region with a small stream. I can see a forest in the distance… I think I came from there. Hard to tell. Wait, what’s that? What’s tapping my shoulder? No, they- they couldn't have followed me- they- they couldn't have. Oh. It’s just a bird. The bird is looking at me, its head turned. I rack my mind, and remember all the animals. This one is a Storm Seeker... I think. Normally a sign of bad weather, and normally in large groups referred to as ‘murders’. I slowly calm down from my previous near panic attack, and mumbled, “Hi there..” My voice is scratchy, and it makes me wonder just how many days I've been wandering. Now that I’m thinking.. My mouth is dry, and my belly rumbles. Just how long has it been..? No matter.. I need food and water. I step over to the stream, and drink my fill. The bird seems to like me.. Its following me around. I glare at it, my pink eyes narrowed. “Get lost, bird. You won't gain anything by following me…” I dig into a bush, pulling out some berries. The dang bird is still here. Why won't it leave? “Oh.. You’re hungry. Fine, you want some? Take it.” I toss my berries, not amused by its actions. It munches on the berries, looking happy. It sits, and it probably comes up to my shoulders, when I’m on my hind legs. I eat my fill, and decide to go back into the open. The bushes don’t suit me very well. The bird follows me out, and before I can do anything.. The voices are back. Screeching, yelling horrid screams. I groan, and pull my clawed hands to my head, falling. The world spins, and the last thing I see is that stupid bird staring down at me with a concerned expression.
Pp5cWtu.png
EEE~ Can't wait for more~ :3
EEE~ Can't wait for more~ :3
367d892fcecdec67c416a9f373daff05cf451767.png
xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

WTRVHVo.pngHdmxfuE.png3Fro3Vn.png
J7D1quC.pnglAkpsXv.pngxBEAdV6.png
signature credit to alacrity & fluffmoth
(( Hi there! The wonderful @JadeMagic gave me a little baby tundra boy she hatched. Haven't decided what to name him yet though.. )) PING LIISSTT~ @JadeMagic [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/88009/8800857_350.png[/img] Hmm… Fur. Fur is… Furry- WAIT WHAT. WHY IS THERE FUR- Why is there a tundra sleeping next to me?! Oh god. I scramble to my feet, looking at the little thing. It looks like it hatched a few days ago. The little guy yelps, and stares up at me. Why me? Oh god why me. First exile, then voices, then a baby dragon. That stupid bird flies in. Oh great, it’s still here. The little orange thing looks up at it and smiles, closing his eyes in happiness. He lets out a little noise, and I assume he’s content with the bird’s companionship. Perhaps I can sneak out.. But I can’t. I can just leave him here. He’ll die. But he will be better off without you, you’re just a mentally insane exile, haha! No.. he’ll stave if I don’t help him.. But you’ll probably just hurt him beyond recognition, like you did all the others, how sad. No, I can’t! I have to try! I push the voice down and aside, and inch up to the furry thing. He looks up at me, his head turned. “Huh..?” He says, questioning me. I sigh, and press my muzzle to his head. “Hello there little one. I am Sunlock.. your new family.”
(( Hi there! The wonderful @JadeMagic gave me a little baby tundra boy she hatched. Haven't decided what to name him yet though.. ))

PING LIISSTT~ @JadeMagic

8800857_350.png

Hmm… Fur. Fur is… Furry- WAIT WHAT. WHY IS THERE FUR- Why is there a tundra sleeping next to me?! Oh god. I scramble to my feet, looking at the little thing. It looks like it hatched a few days ago. The little guy yelps, and stares up at me. Why me? Oh god why me. First exile, then voices, then a baby dragon. That stupid bird flies in. Oh great, it’s still here. The little orange thing looks up at it and smiles, closing his eyes in happiness. He lets out a little noise, and I assume he’s content with the bird’s companionship. Perhaps I can sneak out.. But I can’t. I can just leave him here. He’ll die. But he will be better off without you, you’re just a mentally insane exile, haha! No.. he’ll stave if I don’t help him.. But you’ll probably just hurt him beyond recognition, like you did all the others, how sad. No, I can’t! I have to try! I push the voice down and aside, and inch up to the furry thing. He looks up at me, his head turned. “Huh..?” He says, questioning me. I sigh, and press my muzzle to his head. “Hello there little one. I am Sunlock.. your new family.”
Pp5cWtu.png
@JadeMagic

(Nothing very eventful. Just a little update. I'll probably be doing small updates, but often.)

The day passes rather uneventfully. The little tundra is getting along with the bird quite well. They don’t really ‘click’ but the bird watches him while I gather some bugs. Some voices still echo in my head, a cruel reminder of why I left. Its.. not good. I hope they leave by the time he’s old enough to understand. Then perhaps I won’t have to tell him at all… that would certainly simplify things. Either way, we do need a place to sleep. I’m fine with being out in the open.. but he’s just an infant. If I’m going to raise him, I swear to the Shade I’m going to do it right. I start exploring, looking for a good place to set up a shelter. The tundra switches periodically from following me around to playing with the bird. Both are fine with me, as he doesn't say much and doesn't get in my way. After perhaps half the day goes by, and I find a nice, shallow cave that’ll do just fine as a temporary shelter. There’s plenty of room for me, the tundra and the bird. Speaking of the tundra.. I need to name that little fluffer nugget. I go to grab my little rag tag group, and I show them the cave. The tundra seems to like it, and he’s bouncing around sniffing just about everything. I sigh, and start to clear some space for a nest. A pang of loneliness fills my chest unexpectedly. Most of my life I just wanted to be left alone to my stories and thoughts.. but maybe I missed the company of others more than I thought. I pause in my clearing, trying to stem the thoughts of my past life. I’m startled from my thinking by that bird nudging my shoulder. It has some big branches, probably something I could use for a nest. I look up to it, for once happy with its company. Perhaps I wasn't alone as I thought.

Sometime later, I have a nest made for the little tundra. He’s been exploring all day, and he’s getting quite sleepy. He sees the finished nest and stumbles over, lying down with his fluff. I look at him and a small smile gracing my muzzle. “Hey there... You need a name. What do you think of… Yoake..?” He smiles, and buries his fuzzy head into me. My small smile is here to stay. “Yoake it is.” I hear a mumble from him and I look down. “What was that..?” I hear a small voice, more clear this time. “Okay daddy..”
@JadeMagic

(Nothing very eventful. Just a little update. I'll probably be doing small updates, but often.)

The day passes rather uneventfully. The little tundra is getting along with the bird quite well. They don’t really ‘click’ but the bird watches him while I gather some bugs. Some voices still echo in my head, a cruel reminder of why I left. Its.. not good. I hope they leave by the time he’s old enough to understand. Then perhaps I won’t have to tell him at all… that would certainly simplify things. Either way, we do need a place to sleep. I’m fine with being out in the open.. but he’s just an infant. If I’m going to raise him, I swear to the Shade I’m going to do it right. I start exploring, looking for a good place to set up a shelter. The tundra switches periodically from following me around to playing with the bird. Both are fine with me, as he doesn't say much and doesn't get in my way. After perhaps half the day goes by, and I find a nice, shallow cave that’ll do just fine as a temporary shelter. There’s plenty of room for me, the tundra and the bird. Speaking of the tundra.. I need to name that little fluffer nugget. I go to grab my little rag tag group, and I show them the cave. The tundra seems to like it, and he’s bouncing around sniffing just about everything. I sigh, and start to clear some space for a nest. A pang of loneliness fills my chest unexpectedly. Most of my life I just wanted to be left alone to my stories and thoughts.. but maybe I missed the company of others more than I thought. I pause in my clearing, trying to stem the thoughts of my past life. I’m startled from my thinking by that bird nudging my shoulder. It has some big branches, probably something I could use for a nest. I look up to it, for once happy with its company. Perhaps I wasn't alone as I thought.

Sometime later, I have a nest made for the little tundra. He’s been exploring all day, and he’s getting quite sleepy. He sees the finished nest and stumbles over, lying down with his fluff. I look at him and a small smile gracing my muzzle. “Hey there... You need a name. What do you think of… Yoake..?” He smiles, and buries his fuzzy head into me. My small smile is here to stay. “Yoake it is.” I hear a mumble from him and I look down. “What was that..?” I hear a small voice, more clear this time. “Okay daddy..”
Pp5cWtu.png
AWWW~
AWWW~
367d892fcecdec67c416a9f373daff05cf451767.png
xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

WTRVHVo.pngHdmxfuE.png3Fro3Vn.png
J7D1quC.pnglAkpsXv.pngxBEAdV6.png
signature credit to alacrity & fluffmoth
@JadeMagic

(Sorry its been so long D: )

My heart drops. I-I’m not a fatherly figure, I can't be. I’m not a parent, I’m some messed up exile that did unspeakable things to people, I’m not a role model, I’m a criminal, a horrible person- I- I just cant. I can't have this little dragon thinking I’m his father. I open my mouth to retaliate, but Yoake is already in a deep sleep. At this point I can't do much but lay my head down and pray sleep comes quickly.

Unfortunately.. Sleep decides to ignore me. I lay awake for hours, watching the stars scroll past as my legs fall asleep against the cold stone as I sit next to Yoake’s nest. I would get up and move… But I dont want to wake him up. Eventually he rolls over and I’m free. I take flight, and swoop out of the cave entrance. I don't fly far, but just far enough to clear my mind.

The sun breaks the horizon, and realize I’ve been out all night. I’m exhausted, but thankfully a bit calmer. I need to have a clear mind in order to sort this out.. I fly back to the cave to see Yoake looking around panicked. The bird hops around him, trying to calm him, but to no avail. I swoop in and he practically tackles me. “Daddy! Miss you!” I freeze up momentarily again, and say, “It’s fine, I’m back… Sorry, but would you mind-” He’s looking up at me with those big eyes. I can't crush his spirits now… “What wrong?” I shake my head. “Nothing. Its fine.” I am beyond tired, and decide to lay down in the den. I’ll have to make a nest later.. Yoake walks up to me and turns his head. “Why sleep..? it morning.” Through a yawn I tell him, “I didnt sleep much last night. I’m tired, so I’m going to sleep… Don't wander far, okay?” He doesn't nod, but instead curls up next to me, warming me up despite the cold stone floor. This time.. Sleep finds me fast, and I nod off.
@JadeMagic

(Sorry its been so long D: )

My heart drops. I-I’m not a fatherly figure, I can't be. I’m not a parent, I’m some messed up exile that did unspeakable things to people, I’m not a role model, I’m a criminal, a horrible person- I- I just cant. I can't have this little dragon thinking I’m his father. I open my mouth to retaliate, but Yoake is already in a deep sleep. At this point I can't do much but lay my head down and pray sleep comes quickly.

Unfortunately.. Sleep decides to ignore me. I lay awake for hours, watching the stars scroll past as my legs fall asleep against the cold stone as I sit next to Yoake’s nest. I would get up and move… But I dont want to wake him up. Eventually he rolls over and I’m free. I take flight, and swoop out of the cave entrance. I don't fly far, but just far enough to clear my mind.

The sun breaks the horizon, and realize I’ve been out all night. I’m exhausted, but thankfully a bit calmer. I need to have a clear mind in order to sort this out.. I fly back to the cave to see Yoake looking around panicked. The bird hops around him, trying to calm him, but to no avail. I swoop in and he practically tackles me. “Daddy! Miss you!” I freeze up momentarily again, and say, “It’s fine, I’m back… Sorry, but would you mind-” He’s looking up at me with those big eyes. I can't crush his spirits now… “What wrong?” I shake my head. “Nothing. Its fine.” I am beyond tired, and decide to lay down in the den. I’ll have to make a nest later.. Yoake walks up to me and turns his head. “Why sleep..? it morning.” Through a yawn I tell him, “I didnt sleep much last night. I’m tired, so I’m going to sleep… Don't wander far, okay?” He doesn't nod, but instead curls up next to me, warming me up despite the cold stone floor. This time.. Sleep finds me fast, and I nod off.
Pp5cWtu.png
@JadeMagic

Sometime later I’m waking up, and a soft snoring echo’s in the cave. Yoake is still curled up with me.. And I don't really mind. After all, it’s chilly on the ground. I slip out from under him and step outside. Its past noon, and the sun is hot. I start to gather some twigs and branches for a nest of my own when the bird flies out. I ignore him, and continue working. After a few moments of him observing me, he starts hopping around, gathering branches of similar sizes to the one’s I’ve already collected. I give him a small nod of thanks. Gathering the branches, I turn back inside.

In the dark of the cave, Yoake is already waking up. He watches me with intent eyes as I build my nest. “What you doing?”
I pause to look over at him. “Building my nest.”
He turns his head. “Sleep in mine?”
What an absurd idea! “It’s too small. Besides, if one of us has to get up in the night, I dont want to bother you, or be bothered by you.”

“Oh. Okay.”

I get back to my work, finishing it with quick motions. Thankfully its not yet winter, so I dont have to worry about us freezing just yet. I stand up, and say, “Well.. I’m hungry, you wanna come get some food with me?” Yoake nods, and we set out to the patch of bushes. It’s a small area, but it suits us just fine. Inside we gobble down insects and plants, when suddenly I hear a yell.

“DADDY DADDY FOUND SOMETHING FOUND SOMETHING!”

Oh gods. I rush towards him. “What? What?!”

It’s an egg. Oh god. Shining blue, sparking with electricity. Oh no… “Its… An egg.”

Yoake looks at me. “Egg?”

I nod. “Egg indeed. A hatchling is in there…”

It starts to shift and crack, moving and wiggling. Of course it has to hatch right now. When else would be a better time? A little claw rips its way through the shell, and theres not much I can do but wait. Several minutes later a slimy little mirror lays on the ground. He’s very… Bright. He looks up at me with bright, neon teal eyes, and gives the littlest growl I’ve ever heard. “Gah, sush. I’m not gonna hurt you.” I pick up on by the scruff, and motion with my head so the others know that we should head back to the cave. Why did it have to be another hatchling..?
@JadeMagic

Sometime later I’m waking up, and a soft snoring echo’s in the cave. Yoake is still curled up with me.. And I don't really mind. After all, it’s chilly on the ground. I slip out from under him and step outside. Its past noon, and the sun is hot. I start to gather some twigs and branches for a nest of my own when the bird flies out. I ignore him, and continue working. After a few moments of him observing me, he starts hopping around, gathering branches of similar sizes to the one’s I’ve already collected. I give him a small nod of thanks. Gathering the branches, I turn back inside.

In the dark of the cave, Yoake is already waking up. He watches me with intent eyes as I build my nest. “What you doing?”
I pause to look over at him. “Building my nest.”
He turns his head. “Sleep in mine?”
What an absurd idea! “It’s too small. Besides, if one of us has to get up in the night, I dont want to bother you, or be bothered by you.”

“Oh. Okay.”

I get back to my work, finishing it with quick motions. Thankfully its not yet winter, so I dont have to worry about us freezing just yet. I stand up, and say, “Well.. I’m hungry, you wanna come get some food with me?” Yoake nods, and we set out to the patch of bushes. It’s a small area, but it suits us just fine. Inside we gobble down insects and plants, when suddenly I hear a yell.

“DADDY DADDY FOUND SOMETHING FOUND SOMETHING!”

Oh gods. I rush towards him. “What? What?!”

It’s an egg. Oh god. Shining blue, sparking with electricity. Oh no… “Its… An egg.”

Yoake looks at me. “Egg?”

I nod. “Egg indeed. A hatchling is in there…”

It starts to shift and crack, moving and wiggling. Of course it has to hatch right now. When else would be a better time? A little claw rips its way through the shell, and theres not much I can do but wait. Several minutes later a slimy little mirror lays on the ground. He’s very… Bright. He looks up at me with bright, neon teal eyes, and gives the littlest growl I’ve ever heard. “Gah, sush. I’m not gonna hurt you.” I pick up on by the scruff, and motion with my head so the others know that we should head back to the cave. Why did it have to be another hatchling..?
Pp5cWtu.png
@JadeMagic (Whoop! Another update. I am still working on them, slowly but surely.) [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/94540/9453901_350.png[/img] As we’re walking, the little thing just won't stop squirming. Its turning night, and its bit chilly, so I decide to do something that I probably shouldn't have. But I do it anyways, seeing as I’m at my wits end. I set the hatchling on the ground just as a big gust of cold wind blew through. He shivers, seeing as he’s still… Slimy. The slimey fellow looks up at me with with big, sad eyes. Fake, obviously. But still… I pick him up again, and he’s much more compliant this time. Me, Yoake, and the new guy trudge our way back to the cave, where I set him down on my nest. I clean him off with some spare rags, and I smile. He looks… Better, but he’s still distressed about something. A loud squeal erupts from his gaped jaws, and I wince. “Oh gods, whats the matter with you now?” Yoake looked at him, to me. “Food! He hungry, he want food!” I curse myself for being so slow. Of course he’s hungry. I run and grab something for him to eat. Unfortunately, I know nothing about mirrors. Even in my old clan, we didn't have many. Those we did have, I wasn't friends with.. Not like I had many friends, but that’s besides the point. Anyway, so I grab some plants. I like them, Yoake likes them, so why not? He may like them. I set them down in front of the slimey guy, and he just started screeching. I shush him, promising I’ll get him something he likes. Thankfully he listens, and his little ears droop down. A high pitched voice speaks from behind me. “Ya know, Mirrors don't like plants. They like meat and fish.” I jump nearly a foot in the air, and I whirl around. “What? Who are you? How- How did you find me here?” Standing in the entrance of my cave is another fae, a girl probably a few seasons younger than I. Her eyes are a bright orange, and she’s staring at me with her head turned. “I just followed the slime trail. Hope you dont mind.” I growl. “Well, I do. I do mind. Please just leave me alone.” Unfortunately, she ignores me and walks right in. Yoake stays close to me, not happy with my uncertainty of her presence. “Hmm.. I think I have some in my bag…” She has a little satchel slung over her shoulder, and she pulls out some fish. The mirror looks up at her, head turn. He opens his mouth, and the newcomer tosses the fish to him. He eats it with a grin, and his eyes start to droop. “There! Good as new!” My eyes are narrowed. Who is this person? They could be from my old clan. They could be hired. “So who are you?” She smiles, orange eyes wide. “Gina. You?” [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/79940/7993987_350.png[/img]
@JadeMagic

(Whoop! Another update. I am still working on them, slowly but surely.)

9453901_350.png

As we’re walking, the little thing just won't stop squirming. Its turning night, and its bit chilly, so I decide to do something that I probably shouldn't have. But I do it anyways, seeing as I’m at my wits end. I set the hatchling on the ground just as a big gust of cold wind blew through. He shivers, seeing as he’s still… Slimy. The slimey fellow looks up at me with with big, sad eyes. Fake, obviously. But still… I pick him up again, and he’s much more compliant this time. Me, Yoake, and the new guy trudge our way back to the cave, where I set him down on my nest. I clean him off with some spare rags, and I smile. He looks… Better, but he’s still distressed about something. A loud squeal erupts from his gaped jaws, and I wince. “Oh gods, whats the matter with you now?”

Yoake looked at him, to me. “Food! He hungry, he want food!”

I curse myself for being so slow. Of course he’s hungry. I run and grab something for him to eat. Unfortunately, I know nothing about mirrors. Even in my old clan, we didn't have many. Those we did have, I wasn't friends with.. Not like I had many friends, but that’s besides the point. Anyway, so I grab some plants. I like them, Yoake likes them, so why not? He may like them. I set them down in front of the slimey guy, and he just started screeching. I shush him, promising I’ll get him something he likes. Thankfully he listens, and his little ears droop down.

A high pitched voice speaks from behind me.

“Ya know, Mirrors don't like plants. They like meat and fish.”

I jump nearly a foot in the air, and I whirl around. “What? Who are you? How- How did you find me here?” Standing in the entrance of my cave is another fae, a girl probably a few seasons younger than I. Her eyes are a bright orange, and she’s staring at me with her head turned.

“I just followed the slime trail. Hope you dont mind.”

I growl. “Well, I do. I do mind. Please just leave me alone.”

Unfortunately, she ignores me and walks right in. Yoake stays close to me, not happy with my uncertainty of her presence. “Hmm.. I think I have some in my bag…”

She has a little satchel slung over her shoulder, and she pulls out some fish. The mirror looks up at her, head turn. He opens his mouth, and the newcomer tosses the fish to him. He eats it with a grin, and his eyes start to droop. “There! Good as new!”

My eyes are narrowed. Who is this person? They could be from my old clan. They could be hired. “So who are you?”

She smiles, orange eyes wide. “Gina. You?”

7993987_350.png
Pp5cWtu.png