Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Text in posts disappearing?
so this has happened at least twice to me. i'll write a post and when i preview it, all is well. however, after posting it and giving it a once over, the post will be missing text. the first time, it was just a small line of words, the second it was practically the WHOLE post except for the first sentence.

any idea why this is happening?
so this has happened at least twice to me. i'll write a post and when i preview it, all is well. however, after posting it and giving it a once over, the post will be missing text. the first time, it was just a small line of words, the second it was practically the WHOLE post except for the first sentence.

any idea why this is happening?
The forums seem to be handling certain non alphanumeric characters strangely. If you had symbols in your post, all the text including them and anything after them likely disappeared. Could this have been the reason?
The forums seem to be handling certain non alphanumeric characters strangely. If you had symbols in your post, all the text including them and anything after them likely disappeared. Could this have been the reason?
yeah, that may have been why as the first time it was text between a parentheses and a period, and the second it was the whole post after a parentheses as well.
yeah, that may have been why as the first time it was text between a parentheses and a period, and the second it was the whole post after a parentheses as well.
@UmbraChaosDragon - If you used a greater than or less than sign in your post, that might have caused some deletion as well. I know that whenever I've tried placing the heart symbol in any post or message it ends up deleting all the text that was behind the symbol.
@UmbraChaosDragon - If you used a greater than or less than sign in your post, that might have caused some deletion as well. I know that whenever I've tried placing the heart symbol in any post or message it ends up deleting all the text that was behind the symbol.
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

that may have been the case for some of the first post, but not for the second post at all. thanks for the info, though! i'll keep it in mind for future posts ;w;
that may have been the case for some of the first post, but not for the second post at all. thanks for the info, though! i'll keep it in mind for future posts ;w;