Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Coliseum: slows after magic attacks
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27 28
Is this issue ever going to actually be addressed?

Even when casters are removed from battle and/or relegated to only casting non-bolt spells, it's impossible to stop the enemies from casting bolt spells and all but making the Coliseum impossible to play.
Is this issue ever going to actually be addressed?

Even when casters are removed from battle and/or relegated to only casting non-bolt spells, it's impossible to stop the enemies from casting bolt spells and all but making the Coliseum impossible to play.
I've noticed this issue coming up during my Coli battles in the last few days.

Chrome on Windows 8.
I've noticed this issue coming up during my Coli battles in the last few days.

Chrome on Windows 8.
L I G H T | To drive away the darkness.
Yeah, this happens to me (I'm on Chrome), which REALLY sucks because all my dragons are casters.
Yeah, this happens to me (I'm on Chrome), which REALLY sucks because all my dragons are casters.
jCVhFoZ.gif
This is still definitely happening. The Coliseum slows down pretty much every time someone on my team uses a magic attack and almost every time an enemy uses a magic attack. Physical attacks have not contributed to this and neither has healing. The Victory screen is also slowed down (that pause between it showing up and giving you the ability to move on to another fight or go back to the main menu). As far as I can tell, it doesn't slow down any of the other screens, but the Monster Battle screen remains slo-mo until the Coliseum page is reloaded.

It's very frustrating and it keeps me about an area or two below my level so I can build up enough breath/cause enough damage that the magic users can't cast on me.

Using Chrome on Ubuntu 12.04
This is still definitely happening. The Coliseum slows down pretty much every time someone on my team uses a magic attack and almost every time an enemy uses a magic attack. Physical attacks have not contributed to this and neither has healing. The Victory screen is also slowed down (that pause between it showing up and giving you the ability to move on to another fight or go back to the main menu). As far as I can tell, it doesn't slow down any of the other screens, but the Monster Battle screen remains slo-mo until the Coliseum page is reloaded.

It's very frustrating and it keeps me about an area or two below my level so I can build up enough breath/cause enough damage that the magic users can't cast on me.

Using Chrome on Ubuntu 12.04
FRbattleroyalefeb14_Amphiptere.png

qWxHdTw.png
Is there an update on why this is (still) happening? Trying to level up my team really sucks with the slowdown. ; n ; I want to get to the higher level areas but it becomes so impossibly, frustratingly slow that it's not really playable.
Is there an update on why this is (still) happening? Trying to level up my team really sucks with the slowdown. ; n ; I want to get to the higher level areas but it becomes so impossibly, frustratingly slow that it's not really playable.
This issue has been going around for months now? Woah .

It goes smoothly in a few seconds then everything lags reeaally hard and my CPU goes up to like 100% when I use my main party (level 9). But if I switch my party to another one (level 5), the performance runs nicely, or at least it's less laggy.

I run Chrome on Win8 as well. I'm not sure if coliseum is taking too much of the CPU memory or it is just performance problem. I hope it gets fixed soon.
This issue has been going around for months now? Woah .

It goes smoothly in a few seconds then everything lags reeaally hard and my CPU goes up to like 100% when I use my main party (level 9). But if I switch my party to another one (level 5), the performance runs nicely, or at least it's less laggy.

I run Chrome on Win8 as well. I'm not sure if coliseum is taking too much of the CPU memory or it is just performance problem. I hope it gets fixed soon.
Still happening to me, and I'm on chrome.
Still happening to me, and I'm on chrome.
jCVhFoZ.gif
Chrome. Windows Vista. All melee team works fine. Whenever I try a caster, everything starts lagging. Same problems everyone else is experiencing. Looks to be a longstanding issue.
Chrome. Windows Vista. All melee team works fine. Whenever I try a caster, everything starts lagging. Same problems everyone else is experiencing. Looks to be a longstanding issue.
@Jisonshin

I'd be curious to know what breed of dragons make up each team you mention. Do floating dragons slow it down more than stationary ones maybe?
@Jisonshin

I'd be curious to know what breed of dragons make up each team you mention. Do floating dragons slow it down more than stationary ones maybe?
@dorkit

I don't think it matters whether the dragons are floating or standing?
I had 3 spirals (float, lvl4), no lag.
I had 3 guardians (stationary, lvl 1 and 4), no lag.
I had 3 fae (float, lvl 4 and 1), now there's lag.

The real thing is actually casters' problem? Once I use my caster, it is that moment everything starts to lag for me. :/

I do also believe that the higher level the dragons are and the higher stage you put them in, the laggy it becomes.

So I did a little experiment and put these following teams into the Training Field:
a) 1 caster with 2 attackers (lvl1) = smooth
b) 1 caster (lvl8) with 2 attackers (lvl10) = smooth
c) 2 casters with 1 attacker (lvl9) = lag
d) 2 casters with 1 attacker (lvl4) = lag
e) 3 casters (lvl1) = lag
f) 3 attackers (lvl 10 and 9) = smooth

Now, if I put team a,b and f into Sandswept Delta:
a) = lag (yeah I totally let them die for science)
b) = lag
f) = smooth

So in conlusion, what I'm pretty sure of is that there might be something wrong with the casters and the higher stage you put your dragons in will also make lag if you have a caster in the team.

But the thing is, my main team is the c) one, they didn't lag when they where on lvl 4 for example and that kinda just destroys my hypothesis since the d) one lags. :(
Maybe there could be something with floating/standing dragons, who knows.
I can tell you that team c) consists of 2 pearlcatchers and 1 imperial,
and team d) 2 faes and 1 guardian though.

((wow did I just write an essay, it's okay you don't have to read it all but that's my thoughts))
@dorkit

I don't think it matters whether the dragons are floating or standing?
I had 3 spirals (float, lvl4), no lag.
I had 3 guardians (stationary, lvl 1 and 4), no lag.
I had 3 fae (float, lvl 4 and 1), now there's lag.

The real thing is actually casters' problem? Once I use my caster, it is that moment everything starts to lag for me. :/

I do also believe that the higher level the dragons are and the higher stage you put them in, the laggy it becomes.

So I did a little experiment and put these following teams into the Training Field:
a) 1 caster with 2 attackers (lvl1) = smooth
b) 1 caster (lvl8) with 2 attackers (lvl10) = smooth
c) 2 casters with 1 attacker (lvl9) = lag
d) 2 casters with 1 attacker (lvl4) = lag
e) 3 casters (lvl1) = lag
f) 3 attackers (lvl 10 and 9) = smooth

Now, if I put team a,b and f into Sandswept Delta:
a) = lag (yeah I totally let them die for science)
b) = lag
f) = smooth

So in conlusion, what I'm pretty sure of is that there might be something wrong with the casters and the higher stage you put your dragons in will also make lag if you have a caster in the team.

But the thing is, my main team is the c) one, they didn't lag when they where on lvl 4 for example and that kinda just destroys my hypothesis since the d) one lags. :(
Maybe there could be something with floating/standing dragons, who knows.
I can tell you that team c) consists of 2 pearlcatchers and 1 imperial,
and team d) 2 faes and 1 guardian though.

((wow did I just write an essay, it's okay you don't have to read it all but that's my thoughts))
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27 28