Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Ambush not working
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 29 30
[quote name="Fireworks" date="2014-12-29 05:07:05"][quote name="ceiswyn" date="2014-12-01 04:49:04"]@ThistleChaser @SporkLord @LSgaragely @Kintsy The problem isn't that Ambush doesn't work. It's that there's a more general bug that the first turn in the battle is always lost. So whichever of your dragons should go first with its ambush doesn't get its turn, but the second one is fine. Note that this means that AMBUSH DOES GIVE YOU AN EXTRA TURN, because the dragon that used to lose its first turn now gets it. And if you buy more than one Ambush, all the other dragons will go at the start as you'd expect. There are a lot of detailed explanations of exactly how it works earlier in the thread, if you need to know anything more.[/quote] Is this issue currently being worked on? :( I don't have any ambushes but I don't like it that my fastest dragon's turn is being lost. I was wondering why he wasn't attacking first![/quote] I want to second this question. I'm not seeing it as anything other than "tracking" the issue. The idea of having to equip ambush twice to get it to actually function the way it should in the Coli isn't a "fix" and it's a waste of a slot that could be used for something else and they don't come cheep so once the issue is resolved it means the second one will be effectively useless and wasted money. I would say it's not a huge issue but clearly a lot of people are having trouble with it. Yes, it's not as big as items disappearing but It's bigger than, say, new hatchlings appearing at the front of the lair instead of the back.
Fireworks wrote on 2014-12-29 05:07:05:
ceiswyn wrote on 2014-12-01 04:49:04:
@ThistleChaser @SporkLord @LSgaragely @Kintsy

The problem isn't that Ambush doesn't work. It's that there's a more general bug that the first turn in the battle is always lost. So whichever of your dragons should go first with its ambush doesn't get its turn, but the second one is fine. Note that this means that AMBUSH DOES GIVE YOU AN EXTRA TURN, because the dragon that used to lose its first turn now gets it. And if you buy more than one Ambush, all the other dragons will go at the start as you'd expect.

There are a lot of detailed explanations of exactly how it works earlier in the thread, if you need to know anything more.

Is this issue currently being worked on? :( I don't have any ambushes but I don't like it that my fastest dragon's turn is being lost. I was wondering why he wasn't attacking first!

I want to second this question. I'm not seeing it as anything other than "tracking" the issue. The idea of having to equip ambush twice to get it to actually function the way it should in the Coli isn't a "fix" and it's a waste of a slot that could be used for something else and they don't come cheep so once the issue is resolved it means the second one will be effectively useless and wasted money. I would say it's not a huge issue but clearly a lot of people are having trouble with it. Yes, it's not as big as items disappearing but It's bigger than, say, new hatchlings appearing at the front of the lair instead of the back.
+1 hour FR Time
If you don't ping me, I won't know.
So are they actually gonna fix this or are they just forcing us to waste a second ambush rune?

I was having the issue before ambush, and thought getting ambush would fix the problem, it is nice getting extra turns from ambush but apparently i wasted money on the 3rd ambush rune (one for each dragon on my team) because the top dragon never gets the ambush turn =(
So are they actually gonna fix this or are they just forcing us to waste a second ambush rune?

I was having the issue before ambush, and thought getting ambush would fix the problem, it is nice getting extra turns from ambush but apparently i wasted money on the 3rd ambush rune (one for each dragon on my team) because the top dragon never gets the ambush turn =(
tumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.pngWdONqUX.pngXTW2CvL.pngHHwSNC6.pngzLY7gkC.pngtumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.png[/img]
@Zstryker Did you actually read the post you quoted?

Ambush isn't broken.
Ambush does give you an extra turn (just not on the dragon you expect).
Two Ambushes gives you two extra turns.
Fixing the first turn bug will not change the way that Ambush works.
@Zstryker Did you actually read the post you quoted?

Ambush isn't broken.
Ambush does give you an extra turn (just not on the dragon you expect).
Two Ambushes gives you two extra turns.
Fixing the first turn bug will not change the way that Ambush works.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
@ceiswyn
Did you read what I wrote? Because I didn't say ambush broken. Don't accuse someone of being ignorant of the issue and not reading when you yourself didn't. That's just rude.

Because of the first turn issue Ambush isn't working as it is described to work. All I want to know is if they are actually going to fix the real issue so that ambush does.
@ceiswyn
Did you read what I wrote? Because I didn't say ambush broken. Don't accuse someone of being ignorant of the issue and not reading when you yourself didn't. That's just rude.

Because of the first turn issue Ambush isn't working as it is described to work. All I want to know is if they are actually going to fix the real issue so that ambush does.
+1 hour FR Time
If you don't ping me, I won't know.
@Zstryker Then why do you think that a) getting an extra turn is a waste of a slot and b) the second Ambush will become useless once the bug is fixed?
@Zstryker Then why do you think that a) getting an extra turn is a waste of a slot and b) the second Ambush will become useless once the bug is fixed?
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
It would be nice to hear the update on the status of this "first turn skipped" bug that's causing Ambush to appear bugged. I have two dragons with two Ambush each and while it works well enough for me (one gets 1 Ambush, the other gets 2 Ambush), it would be nice to see the turn issue fixed so that Ambush can work as designed consistently on all dragons.
It would be nice to hear the update on the status of this "first turn skipped" bug that's causing Ambush to appear bugged. I have two dragons with two Ambush each and while it works well enough for me (one gets 1 Ambush, the other gets 2 Ambush), it would be nice to see the turn issue fixed so that Ambush can work as designed consistently on all dragons.
qvTNuJR.pngtumblr_inline_naxjlyAN6m1qg78ij.pngqvTNuJR.png
One ambush, doesn't work as described, no indication of problem on the stone description itself whatsoever. Am I supposed to google every stone before I drop hard-earned on them or let a useless stone take up a slot?

I hope the issue get fixed soon.
One ambush, doesn't work as described, no indication of problem on the stone description itself whatsoever. Am I supposed to google every stone before I drop hard-earned on them or let a useless stone take up a slot?

[quote name="windyfields" date="2015-01-12 17:41:51"]One ambush, doesn't work as described, no indication of problem on the stone description itself whatsoever. Am I supposed to google every stone before I drop hard-earned on them or let a useless stone take up a slot? I hope the issue get fixed soon.[/quote] Right, well, the problem is that the issue isn't actually Ambush itself. The problem is that, for whatever reason, the first turn in a battle is getting eaten. So say in my case, when I had only one Ambush on each dragon, the first one would lose their turn and only the second one could use Ambush. Now that I have two Ambush on both dragons, the first turn would have been Stigma's first Ambush and was skipped due to this first-turn bug; the second turn is Stigma's second Ambush, and the third and fourth turns are Umi's two Ambushes. Then the battle proceeds as normal.
windyfields wrote on 2015-01-12 17:41:51:

Right, well, the problem is that the issue isn't actually Ambush itself.

The problem is that, for whatever reason, the first turn in a battle is getting eaten.

So say in my case, when I had only one Ambush on each dragon, the first one would lose their turn and only the second one could use Ambush. Now that I have two Ambush on both dragons, the first turn would have been Stigma's first Ambush and was skipped due to this first-turn bug; the second turn is Stigma's second Ambush, and the third and fourth turns are Umi's two Ambushes. Then the battle proceeds as normal.
I understand why, eternalwhitemoon, but thanks for your explanation anyway. My main point was "not working as described" + "no indication on in-game description." It's particularly irritating when one does a search and finds that it's been a known problem for this long without even a note on the stone itself so people either a) won't waste money on it b) know to buy more than one in the first place.
I understand why, eternalwhitemoon, but thanks for your explanation anyway. My main point was "not working as described" + "no indication on in-game description." It's particularly irritating when one does a search and finds that it's been a known problem for this long without even a note on the stone itself so people either a) won't waste money on it b) know to buy more than one in the first place.
I agree with you there; this fix is taking way too long.

I would think, though, that the problem would be hard to describe in a tooltip for Ambush, because you really only need to buy two on the first dragon equipped with Ambush in order to get 1 effective Ambush. You only need to purchase 1 on subsequent dragons to get 1 effective Ambush. So, how do we phrase all that in a tooltip?
I agree with you there; this fix is taking way too long.

I would think, though, that the problem would be hard to describe in a tooltip for Ambush, because you really only need to buy two on the first dragon equipped with Ambush in order to get 1 effective Ambush. You only need to purchase 1 on subsequent dragons to get 1 effective Ambush. So, how do we phrase all that in a tooltip?
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 29 30