Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Odd popup when loading pages sometimes
Go to previous page
Go to page 1 Currently on page 2
Go to next page
wow. this could seriously impact people who wouldn't know not to put their login info into something like this. Who's then collecting that info?? glad I never saw this :/
wow. this could seriously impact people who wouldn't know not to put their login info into something like this. Who's then collecting that info?? glad I never saw this :/
5hF3FGk.png
nWiQNX9.png
5TQAaG2.png
R1dejfm.png
YMPbu9R.png
______________________________________________________ _________
_________
tumblr_o8uhsrnvn51tv56zio5_75sq.png
For users who use a browser and want to install an ad-blocking extension, I would recommend uBlock Origin (type it exactly as-is). It's real good and has prevented troublesome ads from interfering and potentially planting dangerous malware within the browser.
For users who use a browser and want to install an ad-blocking extension, I would recommend uBlock Origin (type it exactly as-is). It's real good and has prevented troublesome ads from interfering and potentially planting dangerous malware within the browser.
[quote name="meed" date="2024-10-15 15:49:41" ] For users who use a browser and want to install an ad-blocking extension, I would recommend uBlock Origin (type it exactly as-is). It's real good and has prevented troublesome ads from interfering and potentially planting dangerous malware within the browser. [/quote] unfortunately google has begun the manifest v3 rollout, which only allows the use of a really trimmed-down 'lite' version of ublock origin that is much less thorough. it hasn't hit everywhere yet, but users of ublock on most chromium-based browsers are going to begin having ads slip through. not to be doom-and-gloom about it. firefox is going to continue support for v2. brave, while chromium-based, is also going to continue v2 support for some time.
meed wrote on 2024-10-15 15:49:41:

unfortunately google has begun the manifest v3 rollout, which only allows the use of a really trimmed-down 'lite' version of ublock origin that is much less thorough. it hasn't hit everywhere yet, but users of ublock on most chromium-based browsers are going to begin having ads slip through.

not to be doom-and-gloom about it. firefox is going to continue support for v2. brave, while chromium-based, is also going to continue v2 support for some time.
Hiveworks and Venatus were able to identify the source of the ad with the help of your direct reports and HAR files. They deactivated the source of the ad yesterday and let the advertiser know there are fixes that need to happen on their side with respect to their configuration. Your browser cache should have cleared any cached versions of the ad by now. If it hasn't and you're served this ad with the pop-up again, please clear your browser's cache and cookies. Generally speaking, you shouldn't enter information into a random log-in window or pop-up/modal. Close out the browser and report the incident to the site operator, which is what you've done. They will determine if it's a malicious issue or a configuration error that, let's say for example, presents the advertiser's own network log-in window to their advertising audience. Thank you to everyone who brought this to our and to Hiveworks' attention! [emoji=new friend size=1]
Hiveworks and Venatus were able to identify the source of the ad with the help of your direct reports and HAR files. They deactivated the source of the ad yesterday and let the advertiser know there are fixes that need to happen on their side with respect to their configuration.

Your browser cache should have cleared any cached versions of the ad by now. If it hasn't and you're served this ad with the pop-up again, please clear your browser's cache and cookies.

Generally speaking, you shouldn't enter information into a random log-in window or pop-up/modal. Close out the browser and report the incident to the site operator, which is what you've done. They will determine if it's a malicious issue or a configuration error that, let's say for example, presents the advertiser's own network log-in window to their advertising audience.

Thank you to everyone who brought this to our and to Hiveworks' attention!
Go to previous page
Go to page 1 Currently on page 2
Go to next page