Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | FR lagging severely and randomly
Issue: While navigating the site, battling in the Coliseum, pretty much anything, the site will either load eternally, load a blank page with only the sidebar and header loaded, give me a time-out error, or 10% of the time, load normally. I can usually get the page to load after refreshing a few times, by which I mean it takes up to 20 minutes to access a page.

If I have somehow managed to enter the Coliseum, the page may time out randomly, or freeze.

I have no issues whatsoever with other sites. I can watch videos, download games, update software, etc. without a hitch. FR is the only site I have found to behave in this way.

Device: MacBook Air and iPhone 6.

Browsers: Safari and Chrome.

What I've done to try resolve it:
  • As mentioned above, tried different devices and browsers.
  • Restarted my devices.
  • Restarted my router.
  • Used a different network/Internet connection
  • Updated all plugins
  • Cleared cache

How long I have had this issue: Over 24 hours.

Other information: If it gives me a time-out error, it does so immediately. No long loading screens, I click a page, it just tells me the site took too long to respond. I have had brief bursts of being able to navigate without an issue for 20-30 minutes, then the site acts up again for hours.

When buying an item or playing around in the Scrying Workshop, I sometimes get a pop up from FR informing that an error has occurred and to try again later.

I'm dying, please help me. I just want to Coli.
Issue: While navigating the site, battling in the Coliseum, pretty much anything, the site will either load eternally, load a blank page with only the sidebar and header loaded, give me a time-out error, or 10% of the time, load normally. I can usually get the page to load after refreshing a few times, by which I mean it takes up to 20 minutes to access a page.

If I have somehow managed to enter the Coliseum, the page may time out randomly, or freeze.

I have no issues whatsoever with other sites. I can watch videos, download games, update software, etc. without a hitch. FR is the only site I have found to behave in this way.

Device: MacBook Air and iPhone 6.

Browsers: Safari and Chrome.

What I've done to try resolve it:
  • As mentioned above, tried different devices and browsers.
  • Restarted my devices.
  • Restarted my router.
  • Used a different network/Internet connection
  • Updated all plugins
  • Cleared cache

How long I have had this issue: Over 24 hours.

Other information: If it gives me a time-out error, it does so immediately. No long loading screens, I click a page, it just tells me the site took too long to respond. I have had brief bursts of being able to navigate without an issue for 20-30 minutes, then the site acts up again for hours.

When buying an item or playing around in the Scrying Workshop, I sometimes get a pop up from FR informing that an error has occurred and to try again later.

I'm dying, please help me. I just want to Coli.
stYZyED.png8SdBTPx.png
Thought I'd add an update to this. I'm still having this issue. I checked with a friend who lives in Singapore (I live in Malaysia) and they are having a similar issue. We managed to work around the issue by using a VPN, but this is not ideal in a lot of ways. So for now, I can deal with it, but it would be really great if this stopped being an issue.
Thought I'd add an update to this. I'm still having this issue. I checked with a friend who lives in Singapore (I live in Malaysia) and they are having a similar issue. We managed to work around the issue by using a VPN, but this is not ideal in a lot of ways. So for now, I can deal with it, but it would be really great if this stopped being an issue.
stYZyED.png8SdBTPx.png