Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Pages not fully loading
1 2 3 4
@dracocharky - Yep, I use Virgin Media. My dad phoned them yesterday but they say they are having no issues with it and said the problem must be flight risings end.

I feel the site is working a tiniest little bit better today...I got in the forums before it froze completely :D Still completely unusable though :( I'm burning so much data on my phone! I'll be over my limit if this keeps up :O
@dracocharky - Yep, I use Virgin Media. My dad phoned them yesterday but they say they are having no issues with it and said the problem must be flight risings end.

I feel the site is working a tiniest little bit better today...I got in the forums before it froze completely :D Still completely unusable though :( I'm burning so much data on my phone! I'll be over my limit if this keeps up :O
yMwAJm4.gif9X6Ea51.png22M3FLu.png
I'm having the same issues: pages not fully loading, loading very slowly and sometimes not loading at all. I really hope something can be done, it's been like this for a couple days now. Every other website works fine, though, so I'm pretty sure this is a FR thing. @dracocharky Here's my traceroute. It looks a whole lot like @darkmilka's traceroute as well. [img]http://orig00.deviantart.net/778b/f/2016/150/8/1/traceroutefr_by_elektroyu-da4bj3e.jpg[/img]
I'm having the same issues: pages not fully loading, loading very slowly and sometimes not loading at all. I really hope something can be done, it's been like this for a couple days now.
Every other website works fine, though, so I'm pretty sure this is a FR thing.

@dracocharky
Here's my traceroute. It looks a whole lot like @darkmilka's traceroute as well.

traceroutefr_by_elektroyu-da4bj3e.jpg
snowyonyx_banner_forum_by_elektroyu-d7l8jer.png
@Charliex8 you won't have had much luck phoning them, I'm afraid. Of the problems I've had, nobody in the callcentre has done anything more useful than book a (also clueless) engineer.

I've found I get a lot more help from the twitter account or the forums. I got a replacement router sent out within days of forum posts, after months of the connection being bad.

Would you be able to log in and post on the forum about it maybe? I'm trying to do the same myself, but the account is in my mam's name so it's taking me a little while to get the password.
@Charliex8 you won't have had much luck phoning them, I'm afraid. Of the problems I've had, nobody in the callcentre has done anything more useful than book a (also clueless) engineer.

I've found I get a lot more help from the twitter account or the forums. I got a replacement router sent out within days of forum posts, after months of the connection being bad.

Would you be able to log in and post on the forum about it maybe? I'm trying to do the same myself, but the account is in my mam's name so it's taking me a little while to get the password.
THE EYE HOARDER OF SORNIETH.

Flatfin Enjoyer
@dracocharky - and heres my trace thingi...no idea what it means lol

pNTGbcH.png
@dracocharky - and heres my trace thingi...no idea what it means lol

pNTGbcH.png
@elektroyu @DarkMilka Thanks, that's helpful, it doesn't matter that it's in german :P The thing I immediately see is that you're both with the same ISP, which is the same as the UK version of the problem. It means it's more likely to be a problem with kabel-deutschland. It's possible that both kabel-deutschland and Virgin Media are trying to route us through one, faulty part of the web to get to the site, which is causing the issues. I've looked at the images, and I did notice that the ping times suddenly increase at this point here [code] 7 38 ms 37 ms 37 ms TenGE13-2.br02.ams01.pccwbtn.net [80.249.209.37] 8 217 ms 205 ms 199 ms TenGE10-2.br01.rst01.pccwbtn.net [63.218.124.70][/code] and that second address, "63.218.124.70", is the first point where all of our traceroutes are in the same place. I can't say for certain at this point, but that could either be a location we're being passed through on the way to the US (and potentially the location of the issue), or it could just be where we're all connected to the US, or to the site's server centre. I'm going to try tethering to my phone and running another traceroute, to see if I can compare one that works and one that doesn't. I'll get back to you all when I know! EDIT: @Charliex8 Thanks for that too, I'll have a look. They don't make much sense unless you know what you're looking for lol
@elektroyu @DarkMilka Thanks, that's helpful, it doesn't matter that it's in german :P

The thing I immediately see is that you're both with the same ISP, which is the same as the UK version of the problem. It means it's more likely to be a problem with kabel-deutschland.

It's possible that both kabel-deutschland and Virgin Media are trying to route us through one, faulty part of the web to get to the site, which is causing the issues.

I've looked at the images, and I did notice that the ping times suddenly increase at this point here
Code:
7 38 ms 37 ms 37 ms TenGE13-2.br02.ams01.pccwbtn.net [80.249.209.37] 8 217 ms 205 ms 199 ms TenGE10-2.br01.rst01.pccwbtn.net [63.218.124.70]

and that second address, "63.218.124.70", is the first point where all of our traceroutes are in the same place. I can't say for certain at this point, but that could either be a location we're being passed through on the way to the US (and potentially the location of the issue), or it could just be where we're all connected to the US, or to the site's server centre.

I'm going to try tethering to my phone and running another traceroute, to see if I can compare one that works and one that doesn't. I'll get back to you all when I know!

EDIT: @Charliex8 Thanks for that too, I'll have a look. They don't make much sense unless you know what you're looking for lol
THE EYE HOARDER OF SORNIETH.

Flatfin Enjoyer
@dracocharky
My ISP is Virgin Media as well. Tried phoning them on Friday when the problem first showed up, but no luck. They just advised us to call Flight Rising's webmaster lmao

Anyways, here is my traceroute:
http://i.imgur.com/Lj4cUjy.png?1
Looks similar to yours...

Ugh, apparently the proxy I am using won't let me post images. It's uploaded on Imgur, so just head over there and add this to the Imgur's URL /Lj4cUjy

@Charliex8
We phoned Virgin Media too and they told us the exact same thing. Not that they even properly listened to the problem though.
@dracocharky
My ISP is Virgin Media as well. Tried phoning them on Friday when the problem first showed up, but no luck. They just advised us to call Flight Rising's webmaster lmao

Anyways, here is my traceroute:
http://i.imgur.com/Lj4cUjy.png?1
Looks similar to yours...

Ugh, apparently the proxy I am using won't let me post images. It's uploaded on Imgur, so just head over there and add this to the Imgur's URL /Lj4cUjy

@Charliex8
We phoned Virgin Media too and they told us the exact same thing. Not that they even properly listened to the problem though.
argon_rathalos.png

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Trouble-accessing-a-specific-website-Flight-Rising/td-p/3122745

@dracocharky - Yeah! I already posted something in the forums. Not sure its in the right place though. Hopefully the link works...super awkward copying things on mobile :p

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Trouble-accessing-a-specific-website-Flight-Rising/td-p/3122745

@dracocharky - Yeah! I already posted something in the forums. Not sure its in the right place though. Hopefully the link works...super awkward copying things on mobile :p

@Charliex8

From that discussion post, it looks like we started having problems at exactly the same time. I was halfway through my gathering when it suddenly became completely unusable, that was at around 12 on Friday also.
@Charliex8

From that discussion post, it looks like we started having problems at exactly the same time. I was halfway through my gathering when it suddenly became completely unusable, that was at around 12 on Friday also.
Calathea-elderflower.png
I haven't been able to access Flight Rising since Friday also, and also on Virgin media. The fact I'm posting now though means that it seems to have been resolved, so that's good. Sadly it meant that I missed the end of the holiday event so now I have tons of unspent leaves, gah!
I haven't been able to access Flight Rising since Friday also, and also on Virgin media. The fact I'm posting now though means that it seems to have been resolved, so that's good. Sadly it meant that I missed the end of the holiday event so now I have tons of unspent leaves, gah!
V3yjbbG.png
Also with Virgin Media. Seems to have just started working for me too.

Strange. I wonder what the problem was?
Also with Virgin Media. Seems to have just started working for me too.

Strange. I wonder what the problem was?
1 2 3 4