Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Coliseum Frame-rate drop after Magic
I actually DID test a few things out before noticing this, and I have yet to see anything mentioned in the main 'Coli not Loading' thread. Since this isn't a Loading issue, I figured I'd address it head on. I even voiced my concern a week or so back IN said thread and never got an answer. So... I best start from the beginning.

Several weeks ago I noticed a very odd slow down that was occurring while I was playing in Coli. This slow down was based on the Coli page, not my browser after I tried doing everything from stopping processes and checking my CPU. (My CPU when the slow down occurs is at a mere 3% use..) I posted in the Coli not Loading thread, and got silence.

So after a few weeks of checking to see if this slow down was fixed, I decided to experiment. First I used an all Melee team. No problems. I went several rounds without a slow down.

Until..

One of the enemy mobs used a magic spell. The bolt spell that lowers your attack. The MOMENT this spell was fired, the frame-rate plummeted in the Coliseum to a mere 2-3 frames per second. Making battling painfully drawn out. Forcing me to refresh the browser to fix it.

Yes. Refreshing cleared it up until another magic spell was used. Not closing the browser or anything. But simply hitting f5. But this only worked until another magic spell was used, and then the frame rate drop would once again return. Forcing another refresh. This didn't just happen with enemy teams. I tested it with my caster dragons and the SAME thing occurred.

Their charge spell didn't have any issues. But the moment they fired off a Bolt spell, the frame rate plummeted and stayed that way until I refreshed the page. Not only losing my exp bonus chain, but also any breath I had stored up on that team. Making grinding incredibly difficult, if not even impossible.

This has happened on BOTH Firefox and Chrome.

To my testing, every bolt spell and Healing spell (Aid and Regeneration) causes this. Rally and Haste ALSO cause this slow down bug to occur. No melee ability causes it so far.

Edit: According to various members of the lightning flight, this glitch has been around for a while... But it's increasing in frequency now usually happening on the 1st or 2nd spell cast.
I actually DID test a few things out before noticing this, and I have yet to see anything mentioned in the main 'Coli not Loading' thread. Since this isn't a Loading issue, I figured I'd address it head on. I even voiced my concern a week or so back IN said thread and never got an answer. So... I best start from the beginning.

Several weeks ago I noticed a very odd slow down that was occurring while I was playing in Coli. This slow down was based on the Coli page, not my browser after I tried doing everything from stopping processes and checking my CPU. (My CPU when the slow down occurs is at a mere 3% use..) I posted in the Coli not Loading thread, and got silence.

So after a few weeks of checking to see if this slow down was fixed, I decided to experiment. First I used an all Melee team. No problems. I went several rounds without a slow down.

Until..

One of the enemy mobs used a magic spell. The bolt spell that lowers your attack. The MOMENT this spell was fired, the frame-rate plummeted in the Coliseum to a mere 2-3 frames per second. Making battling painfully drawn out. Forcing me to refresh the browser to fix it.

Yes. Refreshing cleared it up until another magic spell was used. Not closing the browser or anything. But simply hitting f5. But this only worked until another magic spell was used, and then the frame rate drop would once again return. Forcing another refresh. This didn't just happen with enemy teams. I tested it with my caster dragons and the SAME thing occurred.

Their charge spell didn't have any issues. But the moment they fired off a Bolt spell, the frame rate plummeted and stayed that way until I refreshed the page. Not only losing my exp bonus chain, but also any breath I had stored up on that team. Making grinding incredibly difficult, if not even impossible.

This has happened on BOTH Firefox and Chrome.

To my testing, every bolt spell and Healing spell (Aid and Regeneration) causes this. Rally and Haste ALSO cause this slow down bug to occur. No melee ability causes it so far.

Edit: According to various members of the lightning flight, this glitch has been around for a while... But it's increasing in frequency now usually happening on the 1st or 2nd spell cast.
1c69bb.png
Hello @Novasiri, this is a known issue. The tracking thread is here and you can find the link in the Known Issues sticky. Thank you!
Hello @Novasiri, this is a known issue. The tracking thread is here and you can find the link in the Known Issues sticky. Thank you!
coffee. need coffee.