Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Not receiving gems purchased with Paypal
I bought $40 worth of gems last night, and did not receive them. When I checked again this morning, to see if rollover had fixed the problem, I had still not received them. My Paypal account says the transaction is "Pending until November 27." Every other Paypal purchase I have made with Stormlight Workshop has gone through in less than an hour - what's wrong?
I bought $40 worth of gems last night, and did not receive them. When I checked again this morning, to see if rollover had fixed the problem, I had still not received them. My Paypal account says the transaction is "Pending until November 27." Every other Paypal purchase I have made with Stormlight Workshop has gone through in less than an hour - what's wrong?
dRCJvw2.png
Hello @Helarnia, please email admin@flightrising.com from the email you used to register with Flight Rising and the receipt from Paypal. Thank you!
Hello @Helarnia, please email admin@flightrising.com from the email you used to register with Flight Rising and the receipt from Paypal. Thank you!
coffee. need coffee.
Got the issue sorted - it turned out to be a problem with Paypal, and nothing to do with FR, but I thought it might be helpful to share here anyway in case anyone else ever runs into a similar problem.

Turns out Paypal managed to screw up the expiration date on my back-up credit card, so that instead of expiring next year, it was listed as having expired lat year. (My old credit card was stolen last year, and it looks like they rolled the expiration date back to the date the old card was stolen during my last account update...:/) Without a back-up card, my payments were sent as e-checks, meaning Paypal won't release my payments to FR for 5-7 business days; I didn't get my gems because my payment hasn't been sent yet! There's nothing I can do about the $40 purchase at this point except wait it out, but I got everything straightened out with Paypal and bought another $10 in gems to test it out, and it looks like everything is back to normal with my account now.
FYI folks - if you've reported a credit or debit card stolen in the last year or so, and/or updated any of your account information, double-check your cards and notices before sending out any payments!
Got the issue sorted - it turned out to be a problem with Paypal, and nothing to do with FR, but I thought it might be helpful to share here anyway in case anyone else ever runs into a similar problem.

Turns out Paypal managed to screw up the expiration date on my back-up credit card, so that instead of expiring next year, it was listed as having expired lat year. (My old credit card was stolen last year, and it looks like they rolled the expiration date back to the date the old card was stolen during my last account update...:/) Without a back-up card, my payments were sent as e-checks, meaning Paypal won't release my payments to FR for 5-7 business days; I didn't get my gems because my payment hasn't been sent yet! There's nothing I can do about the $40 purchase at this point except wait it out, but I got everything straightened out with Paypal and bought another $10 in gems to test it out, and it looks like everything is back to normal with my account now.
FYI folks - if you've reported a credit or debit card stolen in the last year or so, and/or updated any of your account information, double-check your cards and notices before sending out any payments!
dRCJvw2.png