Back

Dragons For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of dragons.
TOPIC | The Root's fledglings! lore hatchlings!
[color=#a36d78]i'll probably either make a new post for future hatchlings or restructure this better one day!! my lore is all still a work in progress, but the gist of it is that deep beneath a forest in the viridian labyrinth's there's a magical entity of life, growth, and death called The Root by its followers. the flowers in its area of influence are its eyes and ears, and deep in a hidden glade it has a magical pool of water that can be used to interact with it directly. the life energy of its followers (hatchlings especially) empower it and cause its magical abilities to grow stronger, and through ceremonies of sacrifice it can bestow its magical abilities temporarily on a dragon. so far the biggest thing its done is resurrect a hatchling from the dead. it communicates to and influences dragons through a telepathic "song". the song can be resisted and blocked out with enough willpower, but those experiencing grief, loneliness, or desperation are especially susceptible to song. once the song takes root (lol) in your mind it becomes very hard to resist and suppress. it makes you feel better and accepted, but also influences you to want to spread it and help The Root grow stronger. wouldn't you want others to feel good too? (i think the idea of a fledgling who decides they want to reject the song and goes through a journey to discipline their mind would be super interesting!!) the lair of its followers is called the arbor coven. the idea with fledglings is that they're young dragons who have had the song before they even hatched are adventuring out to join other dragon communities and spread seeds of the song, spread The Root's healing gifts, or otherwise improve public opinion of the arbor coven. the fledglings aren't privy to the less palatable ceremonies of The Root. they see the song and arbor coven very idealistically, and try to present it as a lovely gift. sorry they're already named, i wanted a name to use in their bio and just in case they get immediately exalted lol [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70745389][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/707454/70745389_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][color=#40542d] Yoren - 20kt Sweet and gentle, Yoren is a very nurturing dragon. Though he struggles with establishing boundaries and can be easily overwhelmed by others' problems. He likes to express himself through poetry, as that is how he interprets The Root's song. ♥latte skink ♥peridot butterfly ♥pear runes [/color] [/columns]
i'll probably either make a new post for future hatchlings or restructure this better one day!!

my lore is all still a work in progress, but the gist of it is that deep beneath a forest in the viridian labyrinth's there's a magical entity of life, growth, and death called The Root by its followers.

the flowers in its area of influence are its eyes and ears, and deep in a hidden glade it has a magical pool of water that can be used to interact with it directly. the life energy of its followers (hatchlings especially) empower it and cause its magical abilities to grow stronger, and through ceremonies of sacrifice it can bestow its magical abilities temporarily on a dragon. so far the biggest thing its done is resurrect a hatchling from the dead.

it communicates to and influences dragons through a telepathic "song". the song can be resisted and blocked out with enough willpower, but those experiencing grief, loneliness, or desperation are especially susceptible to song. once the song takes root (lol) in your mind it becomes very hard to resist and suppress. it makes you feel better and accepted, but also influences you to want to spread it and help The Root grow stronger. wouldn't you want others to feel good too?

(i think the idea of a fledgling who decides they want to reject the song and goes through a journey to discipline their mind would be super interesting!!)

the lair of its followers is called the arbor coven. the idea with fledglings is that they're young dragons who have had the song before they even hatched are adventuring out to join other dragon communities and spread seeds of the song, spread The Root's healing gifts, or otherwise improve public opinion of the arbor coven.

the fledglings aren't privy to the less palatable ceremonies of The Root. they see the song and arbor coven very idealistically, and try to present it as a lovely gift.

sorry they're already named, i wanted a name to use in their bio and just in case they get immediately exalted lol

70745389_350.png
Yoren - 20kt

Sweet and gentle, Yoren is a very nurturing dragon. Though he struggles with establishing boundaries and can be easily overwhelmed by others' problems. He likes to express himself through poetry, as that is how he interprets The Root's song.

♥latte skink
♥peridot butterfly
♥pear runes

Venue-small.pngVenue-small-2.png
^
^
^
^

sold one, added another

sold one, added another

there's more ;-;

there's more ;-;

three more

three more
@rosedusty I don't know if you have a pinglist, but I'd love to be notified of future hatchlings! The lore of The Root is super interesting (especially for me as a member of Nature Flight), and the hatchlings are really pretty! <333
@rosedusty I don't know if you have a pinglist, but I'd love to be notified of future hatchlings! The lore of The Root is super interesting (especially for me as a member of Nature Flight), and the hatchlings are really pretty! <333
OQwOmsS.png Ann | She/Her | 27 | FR +3

Note: My username is spelled
with a "Q," not a "G"!
E2XABLJ.png Klr24dF.png BM8RccS.png

@DreaminqHeart
oh! i don't really have a pinglist, but there's new hatchlings :D
planning to one day try to make a proper hatchery with a nicely formatted definitive lore description and breeding pair cards and stuff, i could let you know when that happens if you want!

@DreaminqHeart
oh! i don't really have a pinglist, but there's new hatchlings :D
planning to one day try to make a proper hatchery with a nicely formatted definitive lore description and breeding pair cards and stuff, i could let you know when that happens if you want!
@rosedusty Aaahh they're lovely!! Yoren is tempting me, but I'll have to think about it....I'm reeally swamped with WIP dragons right now, aaaaaa ;o; (My biggest hurdle is always dressing them, RIP)

That would be lovely, I'd love to be notified when your hatchery is set up! :'D Believe me, I understand the struggle.....I've had a *hypothetical* hatchery in the mental works for years now and even have several pairs ready, but I just can't seem to get up the motivation to make the actual hatchery thread/graphics, RIP ;~; *sigh* Someday....I really look forward to when your hatchery officially opens; the lore is amazing, and what pairs I've seen from you are really pretty, with a nice level of variation in the offspring to boot! :'D (That's something I feel like you don't see too often in hatcheries, and I think it's a shame because pairs that produce offspring that are pretty AND varied are one of my favorite things)
@rosedusty Aaahh they're lovely!! Yoren is tempting me, but I'll have to think about it....I'm reeally swamped with WIP dragons right now, aaaaaa ;o; (My biggest hurdle is always dressing them, RIP)

That would be lovely, I'd love to be notified when your hatchery is set up! :'D Believe me, I understand the struggle.....I've had a *hypothetical* hatchery in the mental works for years now and even have several pairs ready, but I just can't seem to get up the motivation to make the actual hatchery thread/graphics, RIP ;~; *sigh* Someday....I really look forward to when your hatchery officially opens; the lore is amazing, and what pairs I've seen from you are really pretty, with a nice level of variation in the offspring to boot! :'D (That's something I feel like you don't see too often in hatcheries, and I think it's a shame because pairs that produce offspring that are pretty AND varied are one of my favorite things)
OQwOmsS.png Ann | She/Her | 27 | FR +3

Note: My username is spelled
with a "Q," not a "G"!
E2XABLJ.png Klr24dF.png BM8RccS.png
[quote=rosedusty](i think the idea of a fledgling who decides they want to reject the song and goes through a journey to discipline their mind would be super interesting!!)[/quote] @rosedusty Yo I am 110% on board with this please ping me if you put a hatchling up for sale with lore like that I will shower you with gems.
rosedusty wrote:
(i think the idea of a fledgling who decides they want to reject the song and goes through a journey to discipline their mind would be super interesting!!)

@rosedusty Yo I am 110% on board with this please ping me if you put a hatchling up for sale with lore like that I will shower you with gems.
c12ySSK.png Hmx7cMq.png sLNQKac.png hZ6XOS2.png
MUYNhfy.png
6KQB58c.png
FObX7rS.png
J7D1quC.png