Back

Dragons For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of dragons.
TOPIC | [END] 3 Painted FB Gijinkas
1 2 3
@Tedium Oh yeah it's so difficult to gauge art worth, especially on this site since most users expect art to cost way less than their real worth...
Since you draw fullbodies, and in gijinka style too, even as "just" sketches I think you shouldn't settle for anything less than 700-800g as an AB. Their real worth is probably more around 1000g, even higher that that truly, but in theory it should depend on time spent on a piece and how long you've spent learning to draw so it's very difficult to have a fair price...
When you really think about it 1000g is only 10$, that's super low for a commission piece is USD. The problem is most users aren't that rich, 1000g is as far as most people will go usually.

In the end I'm not being that helpful here becasue the bottom line is that IDK how much you should go for. Then again, an AB price is supposed to be high because otherwise there's no point doing an auction. Unfortunately art usually ends up going for lower than they're wort in auctions because that's where broke users try to get something nice at lower costs (and I don't mean anything by that : I've been the broke user for years, it's just that I have a salary now and can buy gems). But the risk with fair prices in to never be able to sell your dragon...

Anyways good luck! Maybe check out prices on both art shops and dragons sold with art attached; art shops are usually more expensive since you ask for a specific piece, but art dragons can go for high prices!
@Tedium Oh yeah it's so difficult to gauge art worth, especially on this site since most users expect art to cost way less than their real worth...
Since you draw fullbodies, and in gijinka style too, even as "just" sketches I think you shouldn't settle for anything less than 700-800g as an AB. Their real worth is probably more around 1000g, even higher that that truly, but in theory it should depend on time spent on a piece and how long you've spent learning to draw so it's very difficult to have a fair price...
When you really think about it 1000g is only 10$, that's super low for a commission piece is USD. The problem is most users aren't that rich, 1000g is as far as most people will go usually.

In the end I'm not being that helpful here becasue the bottom line is that IDK how much you should go for. Then again, an AB price is supposed to be high because otherwise there's no point doing an auction. Unfortunately art usually ends up going for lower than they're wort in auctions because that's where broke users try to get something nice at lower costs (and I don't mean anything by that : I've been the broke user for years, it's just that I have a salary now and can buy gems). But the risk with fair prices in to never be able to sell your dragon...

Anyways good luck! Maybe check out prices on both art shops and dragons sold with art attached; art shops are usually more expensive since you ask for a specific piece, but art dragons can go for high prices!
eUMhm7B.png
@CrazyBat ^^ Thanks very much for your input! I appreciate it! I'll set an AB based off of my current salary rate and how much it takes to make these gijinkas, I think, and cap it off at 2,000 g if I do somehow spend more than an hour on it. Granted, I think these were pretty quick, so the 1,000 g that you recommended should be what they end up at. Hopefully. It's hard to tell because I've been having fun with them and time hits different when that happens X)

I hope to see you around in the future! :D
@CrazyBat ^^ Thanks very much for your input! I appreciate it! I'll set an AB based off of my current salary rate and how much it takes to make these gijinkas, I think, and cap it off at 2,000 g if I do somehow spend more than an hour on it. Granted, I think these were pretty quick, so the 1,000 g that you recommended should be what they end up at. Hopefully. It's hard to tell because I've been having fun with them and time hits different when that happens X)

I hope to see you around in the future! :D
Chibi Human Gijinkas/OCs || Art Instagram
1 2 3