Back

Auctions

Create auction-style bid-to-buy sales here.
TOPIC | North's Birthday Mishap - G1s [DONE]
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 22
@NorthernLiights Exactly what TwilightStars said. Standard increments are usually 2 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, or 24 hours.

It's good for bidders because it prevents someone from just timing their high bid within the last 30s of an auction so that the previous bidder doesn't have a chance to respond, and it's good for auctioneers because more chances to bid means higher bids and more money. :P

Edit: I've also seen them as short as 30 min before, but usually I don't see anything less than that. Most auctioneers also include some sort of "if you're deliberately extending the auction at the end of the snipe guard every time, I reserve the right to prevent that" clause, but not all. Generally it's meant to prevent people from being jerks, not cause it. :P
@NorthernLiights Exactly what TwilightStars said. Standard increments are usually 2 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, or 24 hours.

It's good for bidders because it prevents someone from just timing their high bid within the last 30s of an auction so that the previous bidder doesn't have a chance to respond, and it's good for auctioneers because more chances to bid means higher bids and more money. :P

Edit: I've also seen them as short as 30 min before, but usually I don't see anything less than that. Most auctioneers also include some sort of "if you're deliberately extending the auction at the end of the snipe guard every time, I reserve the right to prevent that" clause, but not all. Generally it's meant to prevent people from being jerks, not cause it. :P
o.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.png yCzY.png
Occasionally on unannounced/unplanned hiatus. See profile for Discord to contact off-site if needed for art reasons.
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

@Alestrius

Oh wow they're long breaks. I can do a 3 hour snipe guard. I just may be asleep between them so aha.

I'll also put the finishing time on the front page.

Is the guard on the whole auction or just a specific dragon?
I'm assuming the whole auction...?
@Alestrius

Oh wow they're long breaks. I can do a 3 hour snipe guard. I just may be asleep between them so aha.

I'll also put the finishing time on the front page.

Is the guard on the whole auction or just a specific dragon?
I'm assuming the whole auction...?
@NorthernLiights Just as Alestrius said, normal snipe guards are usually something like 1-5 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, and 24 hours. I believe they're for the whole auction.

EDIT: Well, I'm not too sure about them. They can be for specific items/dragons, but I usually see them for the whole auction. You can do whatever you want, though.
@NorthernLiights Just as Alestrius said, normal snipe guards are usually something like 1-5 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, and 24 hours. I believe they're for the whole auction.

EDIT: Well, I'm not too sure about them. They can be for specific items/dragons, but I usually see them for the whole auction. You can do whatever you want, though.
@NorthernLiights It's usually on whatever is being bid on specifically. So in your case of doing 3 hours (I tried to edit in that I've also seen them as short as 30min before, though not very frequently):

So if, for example, Dragon A gets no bids in the last 3 hours, the auction ends.

If Dragon B gets a bid in the last 30 minutes, it's extended to 3 hours after that. If it gets another bid, it's extended to 3 hours after that bid.

You can also choose to just have it apply to the whole auction if you really want to though, I suppose. I haven't seen it done much, but I see no reason why it couldn't be done.
@NorthernLiights It's usually on whatever is being bid on specifically. So in your case of doing 3 hours (I tried to edit in that I've also seen them as short as 30min before, though not very frequently):

So if, for example, Dragon A gets no bids in the last 3 hours, the auction ends.

If Dragon B gets a bid in the last 30 minutes, it's extended to 3 hours after that. If it gets another bid, it's extended to 3 hours after that bid.

You can also choose to just have it apply to the whole auction if you really want to though, I suppose. I haven't seen it done much, but I see no reason why it couldn't be done.
Occasionally on unannounced/unplanned hiatus. See profile for Discord to contact off-site if needed for art reasons.
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

OKAY.

I have included it on the front page

5. !NEW! - Snipe Guard included (Duration: 3 hours to a specific dragon) .
NOTE: I reserve the right to retract the guard if users are deliberablity extending repeatedly (ie; waiting until the end of the 3 hours to post a new offer more than once) respect rule 1! <3
Does that work?

@Alestrius @TwilightStars

Thank you both for clarifying!

Twilight - I've also included this on the front page to clarify: Will take mix offers: Assume a 1G: 1000T ratio.

EDIT

OH. If it can be done to a dragon I think people will like that more since some dragons are more popular than others. Editting!
OKAY.

I have included it on the front page

5. !NEW! - Snipe Guard included (Duration: 3 hours to a specific dragon) .
NOTE: I reserve the right to retract the guard if users are deliberablity extending repeatedly (ie; waiting until the end of the 3 hours to post a new offer more than once) respect rule 1! <3
Does that work?

@Alestrius @TwilightStars

Thank you both for clarifying!

Twilight - I've also included this on the front page to clarify: Will take mix offers: Assume a 1G: 1000T ratio.

EDIT

OH. If it can be done to a dragon I think people will like that more since some dragons are more popular than others. Editting!
@NorthernLiights Thank you! That works perfectly. :)
@NorthernLiights Thank you! That works perfectly. :)
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

@NorthernLiights Sounds good!~
@NorthernLiights Sounds good!~
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/PhlLL5l.gif[/img][/center]
PhlLL5l.gif
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/PhlLL5l.gif[/img][/center]
PhlLL5l.gif
@NorthernLiights

170 on Peachy Pastelly
@NorthernLiights

170 on Peachy Pastelly