Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Poems for your Dragon Bios! (Trading)
1 2
[center] [b][ Poems for Trade ][/b] [i]I'm Jesscribe, a vibe-y poet slinging rhymes to spruce up your dragon bios.[/i] I'd love to write poems for your favorite dragons' descriptions! Please let me know which dragons you're hoping to get some poems for, and what you'd like to trade in return. I am open to a variety of trade options! [b][ For trade, I'd Accept ] [/b] Dragons, hands stuffed with food, treasure/gems, genes, scenes, eggs, art of your own, etc. Just make an offer and I'll let you know if it appeals. :> I'd definitely love a drawing of me writing poems to plop in this thread, so if that's something you're interested in trading for, too, you'd make my day! n_n [b][ Examples of Poems ][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69143441][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/691435/69143441_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Eri of the Night Sky[/b] I followed my eyes, and to my surprise found lights glittering at the end of a cave. To my surprise, found mushrooms blue and bright as I wandered through the night towards the stars. Blue, and bright were the stars at the end of the cave and to my surprise, the mushrooms weren't the only things glowing. Constellations at the end of the cave gave a shake and a creature stirred, awake! I startled, surprised as a line of pink florescent eyes awakened and stared. And while I was scared, I dared to tiptoe closer. Pink eyes, awake didn't falter or shake, sharing deep into my soul. "You've found me" it sounded and echoed like my knees that did quake, stepping closer to see how many moves I could make, forward. "Thank you" her voice echoed as her body illuminated the night, starlight growing larger as she grew closer until we both took flight. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/83702934][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/837030/83702934_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Copia's Abundance of Treasure[/b] Lurking in shadows trailing on and on coated in hands, jet black and like rats: spawn and spawn. Keep your eyes open as the day turns to dawn, as you might find your trinket is suddenly gone! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85317855][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/853179/85317855_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Not Moth, Nor Man[/b] I was driving at night and in clear sight saw a pair of eyes spying back at mine, growing and red. In clear sight, I stopped dead, sputtering and full of dread - might this be the end? But I turn 'round and bend to get a better look, sputtering and shook. I remember the legend. But this creature has no hands or legs or trace of man. Wings span, a blight rising to great height, and try as I might I couldn't look away at the eyes glowing and red. Not a moth. Not a man. A new legand at hand? No one will believe what I saw. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85166812][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/851669/85166812_350.png[/img][/url] [b]After the Spell[/b] I've turned of the light and I won't cry... oh, I won't cry! I've turned off the light from my eyes! from my eyes... I've turned off the light to no surprise? to no surprise... I've turned of the light now what dies? now what dies? I'll be my own demise [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59528205][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/595283/59528205_350.png[/img][/url] [i]"Oh, the best history books? They look like rags!"[/i] [b]Spending a Day with Cinnli[/b] Please take a look, I have every book that a dragon can dream they can find. Have you read this book? Please take a look page fifty-nine is quite divine. Of all these books, I got quite hooked on the history of arcane's domain. Oh, that one? Is quite tame but I will not blame you for being stunned by the look of that book. [b][ Other Notes about my Poetry Experience ][/b] I run a local non-profit poetry chapter, and have received two artist grants over the past year to pursue poetry projects in my region of Duluth, MN! I published a book called "Too Many Hats" this past March about working multiple jobs in the gig economy, which can be found at jesscribe.com. But mostly: I like writing because it's full-filling, fun and theraputic. I thought doing some for dragons and trades on here would be a great way to practice in a low-key way, make some friends on Flight Rising, and offer my skills in a way that helps me balance out my time as I'd love to vibe-out my cave abit more! n_n <3 [/center]
[ Poems for Trade ]

I'm Jesscribe, a vibe-y poet slinging rhymes to spruce up your dragon bios.

I'd love to write poems for your favorite dragons' descriptions! Please let me know which dragons you're hoping to get some poems for, and what you'd like to trade in return. I am open to a variety of trade options!

[ For trade, I'd Accept ]

Dragons, hands stuffed with food, treasure/gems, genes, scenes, eggs, art of your own, etc. Just make an offer and I'll let you know if it appeals. :> I'd definitely love a drawing of me writing poems to plop in this thread, so if that's something you're interested in trading for, too, you'd make my day! n_n

[ Examples of Poems ]

69143441_350.png

Eri of the Night Sky

I followed my eyes, and to my surprise
found lights glittering at the end of a cave.

To my surprise, found mushrooms blue and bright
as I wandered through the night towards the stars.

Blue, and bright were the stars at the end of the cave
and to my surprise, the mushrooms weren't the only things glowing.

Constellations at the end of the cave gave a shake
and a creature stirred, awake! I startled, surprised

as a line of pink florescent eyes awakened and stared.
And while I was scared, I dared to tiptoe closer.

Pink eyes, awake didn't falter or shake, sharing
deep into my soul. "You've found me" it sounded

and echoed like my knees that did quake, stepping closer
to see how many moves I could make, forward. "Thank you"

her voice echoed as her body illuminated the night, starlight
growing larger as she grew closer until we both took flight.

83702934_350.png

Copia's Abundance of Treasure

Lurking in shadows
trailing on and on

coated in hands, jet black
and like rats: spawn and spawn.

Keep your eyes open
as the day turns to dawn,

as you might find your trinket
is suddenly gone!

85317855_350.png

Not Moth, Nor Man

I was driving at night and in clear sight saw a pair
of eyes spying back at mine, growing and red.

In clear sight, I stopped dead, sputtering and full
of dread - might this be the end? But I turn 'round

and bend to get a better look, sputtering and shook.
I remember the legend. But this creature has no hands

or legs or trace of man. Wings span, a blight rising
to great height, and try as I might I couldn't look away

at the eyes glowing and red. Not a moth. Not a man.
A new legand at hand? No one will believe what I saw.

85166812_350.png

After the Spell

I've turned of the light
and I won't cry...
oh, I won't cry!

I've turned off the light
from my eyes!
from my eyes...

I've turned off the light
to no surprise?
to no surprise...

I've turned of the light
now what dies?
now what dies?

I'll be my own demise

59528205_350.png

"Oh, the best history books? They look like rags!"

Spending a Day with Cinnli

Please take a look,
I have every book
that a dragon can dream
they can find.

Have you read this book?
Please take a look
page fifty-nine
is quite divine.

Of all these books,
I got quite hooked
on the history
of arcane's domain.

Oh, that one? Is quite tame
but I will not blame
you for being stunned
by the look of that book.

[ Other Notes about my Poetry Experience ]

I run a local non-profit poetry chapter, and have received two artist grants over the past year to pursue poetry projects in my region of Duluth, MN! I published a book called "Too Many Hats" this past March about working multiple jobs in the gig economy, which can be found at jesscribe.com. But mostly: I like writing because it's full-filling, fun and theraputic. I thought doing some for dragons and trades on here would be a great way to practice in a low-key way, make some friends on Flight Rising, and offer my skills in a way that helps me balance out my time as I'd love to vibe-out my cave abit more! n_n <3
tOvDFgM.png
~ post boost ~
~ post boost ~
tOvDFgM.png
It's not a haiku
I just needed something to
boost my poem post
It's not a haiku
boost my poem post
tOvDFgM.png
It's not a haiku
boost my poem post
It's not a haiku
boost my poem post
tOvDFgM.png
Ah! I lost my shoe!
In a puddle of Ragu
OH WHAT SHOULD I DO?!
Ah! I lost my shoe!
In a puddle of Ragu
OH WHAT SHOULD I DO?!
tOvDFgM.png
Don't know about you
but I think you need brand new
words for your bio :>
Don't know about you
but I think you need brand new
words for your bio :>
tOvDFgM.png
Today I am goo
I have way too much to do
off of Flight Rising
Today I am goo
I have way too much to do
off of Flight Rising
tOvDFgM.png
draw you? certainly
in exchange for a poem
that i’d get from you!

not the best at haikus, but i tried ^^’
which is why i’ll leave the poem writing to you! i’d totally be happy to draw you writing poems, if you’d be interested in writing one for tamat. she is a swashbuckling seafarer who fearlessly set out on a mission to… make good music! she mainly lives on her ship with no company other than her familiars (who double as her crew). they eat and sing late into the evening, always enjoying each other’s company. tamat doesn’t really like being around other dragons, and prefers the solitude of the sea.
also, i have a question. would i be drawing you as a human or as a dragon? i can do either!
draw you? certainly
in exchange for a poem
that i’d get from you!

which is why i’ll leave the poem writing to you! i’d totally be happy to draw you writing poems, if you’d be interested in writing one for tamat. she is a swashbuckling seafarer who fearlessly set out on a mission to… make good music! she mainly lives on her ship with no company other than her familiars (who double as her crew). they eat and sing late into the evening, always enjoying each other’s company. tamat doesn’t really like being around other dragons, and prefers the solitude of the sea.
also, i have a question. would i be drawing you as a human or as a dragon? i can do either!
[quote name="ThatFrogDude" date="2023-08-06 08:58:39" ] draw you? certainly in exchange for a poem that i’d get from you! not the best at haikus, but i tried ^^’ which is why i’ll leave the poem writing to you! i’d totally be happy to draw you writing poems, if you’d be interested in writing one for tamat. she is a swashbuckling seafarer who fearlessly set out on a mission to… make good music! she mainly lives on her ship with no company other than her familiars (who double as her crew). they eat and sing late into the evening, always enjoying each other’s company. tamat doesn’t really like being around other dragons, and prefers the solitude of the sea. also, i have a question. would i be drawing you as a human or as a dragon? i can do either! [/quote] I would love to do this! And I'm so inspired by the description you've given of Tamat! Hmmmm. Pondering on the dragon vs. human thing! Either way, would you like me to get you some sort of reference photo of me? And message it to you or something? Otherwise I can work up some sort of written description.
ThatFrogDude wrote on 2023-08-06 08:58:39:
draw you? certainly
in exchange for a poem
that i’d get from you!

I would love to do this! And I'm so inspired by the description you've given of Tamat!

Hmmmm. Pondering on the dragon vs. human thing! Either way, would you like me to get you some sort of reference photo of me? And message it to you or something? Otherwise I can work up some sort of written description.
tOvDFgM.png
@musicjess2 marvellous!! :-D
and yes, plz do send along a reference!
@musicjess2 marvellous!! :-D
and yes, plz do send along a reference!
1 2