Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | + Cheap lore & poems + [CLOSED]
1 2 3 4
@TwilightStars Dragon:[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/468982/46898168_350.png[/img] Personality: Artemis is a free spirit, always going with her own flow. She lives in her own world, fantasizing about all the possibilities her life might hold for her. She was found by Ivory all by herself, picking flowers and and getting stuck in the bushes. She has a great dislike for vegetables, and pouts everytime someone tries to make her eat them... Best friends with polaris Type of lore: a mix of both, could you have it for when Artemis first meets polaris Dragon:[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/468694/46869382_350.png[/img] Personality: Polaris is a sensitive shy dragon, he is best friends with Artemis, they are kindred spirits. He was found by Shey out in a meadow, covered in grim and crying. When he first met everyone at the clan, he was a shaking stuttering mess. But with time he became the little sweetheart of the clan. Polaris loves to look out at the nightsky and look for stars that he is familiar with, and he loves listening to Prismarine and Perth tell stories.. Lore type: scene, of his first month within the clan and meeting Artemis
@TwilightStars
Dragon:46898168_350.png
Personality: Artemis is a free spirit, always going with her own flow. She lives in her own world, fantasizing about all the possibilities her life might hold for her. She was found by Ivory all by herself, picking flowers and and getting stuck in the bushes. She has a great dislike for vegetables, and pouts everytime someone tries to make her eat them... Best friends with polaris
Type of lore: a mix of both, could you have it for when Artemis first meets polaris

Dragon:46869382_350.png
Personality: Polaris is a sensitive shy dragon, he is best friends with Artemis, they are kindred spirits. He was found by Shey out in a meadow, covered in grim and crying. When he first met everyone at the clan, he was a shaking stuttering mess. But with time he became the little sweetheart of the clan. Polaris loves to look out at the nightsky and look for stars that he is familiar with, and he loves listening to Prismarine and Perth tell stories..
Lore type: scene, of his first month within the clan and meeting Artemis
r7LsxK2.png
@TwilightStars [b]Dragon BBCode:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45991554] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/459916/45991554_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Lore type:[/b] Mix of both [b]Personality, lore basics, that kind of stuff:[/b] Most of it is in her bio, but feel free to let me know if you have any questions about her [b]Anything else?[/b] She can generate and control fire at will (pyrokinetic), maybe you could write about her making her journey from fire territory to her new home here at lightning, finding her familiar on the way [b]Poem type:[/b] free verse [b]Rhyme?[/b] no [b]Anything else?[/b] whatever inspiration you get from her bio for this part :)
@TwilightStars

Dragon BBCode:

45991554_350.png

Lore type: Mix of both
Personality, lore basics, that kind of stuff: Most of it is in her bio, but feel free to let me know if you have any questions about her
Anything else? She can generate and control fire at will (pyrokinetic), maybe you could write about her making her journey from fire territory to her new home here at lightning, finding her familiar on the way

Poem type: free verse
Rhyme? no
Anything else? whatever inspiration you get from her bio for this part :)
tDeKDnH.pnguntitled_drawing_by_cattelle-dcy0t09.png
@nabal Just to be clear, you want lore for her and a poem for her as well?
@nabal Just to be clear, you want lore for her and a poem for her as well?
@TwilightStars
Yep! If that's alright with you
@TwilightStars
Yep! If that's alright with you
tDeKDnH.pnguntitled_drawing_by_cattelle-dcy0t09.png
@TwilightStars [b]Dragon BBCode:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45180183] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/451802/45180183_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Lore type:[/b] Backstory? [b]Personality, lore basics, that kind of stuff:[/b] This is the hair bone lore, please read her actual bio. Aileen was raised in the sunbeam ruins, yet she'd always loved dark places where her fireflies were visible. After getting lost in the Tangled Woods she met a dragon who became her mentor. As she grew, her parents tried to get her more involved in her own clan. After a while she was pushed too far, and ran away to the forest. However, when she reached her mentor's home he wasn't there. She began to search the surrounding forest, only to get lost. She runs into one of my dragons (Tigerlilly) who planned to drive her off, but instead chose to lead her to the clan. She's now the assistant librarian of the clan, and is unaware of his activity. [b]Anything else?[/b] Please read the lore in her bio. I usually buy a starter peice of lore, and build the rest myself, but I've hit a bit of writers block. I really just need some one to write a couple of paragraphs to get through this though patch of story. I would prefer it to be as detailed as the rest of the story, as well as able to act as a continuation of what is written.
@TwilightStars
Dragon BBCode:

45180183_350.png

Lore type: Backstory?

Personality, lore basics, that kind of stuff: This is the hair bone lore, please read her actual bio. Aileen was raised in the sunbeam ruins, yet she'd always loved dark places where her fireflies were visible. After getting lost in the Tangled Woods she met a dragon who became her mentor. As she grew, her parents tried to get her more involved in her own clan. After a while she was pushed too far, and ran away to the forest. However, when she reached her mentor's home he wasn't there. She began to search the surrounding forest, only to get lost. She runs into one of my dragons (Tigerlilly) who planned to drive her off, but instead chose to lead her to the clan. She's now the assistant librarian of the clan, and is unaware of his activity.

Anything else? Please read the lore in her bio. I usually buy a starter peice of lore, and build the rest myself, but I've hit a bit of writers block. I really just need some one to write a couple of paragraphs to get through this though patch of story. I would prefer it to be as detailed as the rest of the story, as well as able to act as a continuation of what is written.
Dragon Leveling 1-25
PWYW Gen 1's
@MoonlitCacti Whewf, here we go! They're both pretty long, so... warning. Also, at the end of each one, there's a sentence that will require your clan name. I couldn't find it... so, fill it in. ----- When she met him, they were different. Polar opposites. But both found a spark inside the other that they were drawn to - it was what kept them going together. Sono and Ara. ----- Before she was hatched, Sono was listening. Inside her egg, she was waiting. She wasn't afraid to bust outside right then and there, but part of her decided against it. And then the shell cracked. She pushed her way out, curious and excited. But as soon as she hatched, two faces stared at her. Red eyes and bandaged faces. [i]She will never survive. We are survivors. The Infection Clan has always been survivors. This weakling... is not. Not a survivor. She doesn't belong.[/i] Sono couldn't remember much from that moment. Only the whispers, the harsh thoughts about her. And the time when they took her away. They carried her to a wasteland, a flat place with nothing. No life. Not a single living thing. The place radiated death and despair. And [i]sickness[/i]. Sono hated it. When they walked away, she easily thought they would return. No dragon would abandon a hatchling... only minutes old... right? She was wrong. They never returned. ----- The first night, she cried. The hatchling had nothing to hope for anymore, and she curled up in a ball beside a pile of what looked like animal bones. Sono decided not to think about it. She clamped her talons over her ears, and buried her face in her body. And stayed that way for a whole night, in the desert-like heat, full of sickness in the air. And then she found the tree. It was just a sapling, a young, frail, tree. But it was a tree. It was healthy. It radiated [i]life.[/i] It stood out in this horrible wasteland. And yet, it would have been a miracle for a tree to survive. But survive it did, and Sono loved it. ----- Years passed, and she learned to survive in the wasteland she now called her home. Even still, she hated it, and longed to leave. Only the tree kept her there. Sono loved the tree so much that she couldn't leave the place. What if it died, without her care? What if some half-dead animal carrying a terrible disease trampled over it, destroying the only sign of life in the wasteland? Those questions haunted her in all her time there. She could not leave. She had to stay to protect the tree and to keep it growing. Still more years passed. The tree was no longer a weak sapling, but now a young tree. When Sono saw tiny white flowers blooming on its branches, she cried a whole night in joy. Her tree could now survive on its own. It was like raising a child - newborns had to be watched constantly, but after they grew up enough, they could survive. Like she had, all these years. Sono didn't want to leave. But she hated the place, and if not for the tree, if she could, she probably would have already destroyed it. So she left. She journeyed for months on end, maybe years. Sono could not keep track. The years seemed to go by faster than she could count them. Every cycle of the full moon told her there was now one more month she'd survived. But she couldn't count anymore. She was lost. Sono suddenly realized it, after years and years of traveling. No home, just a traveler, a survivor. But she was happy with that. It didn't matter to her anymore, her parents didn't want her, fine. If nobody wanted her, fine. Sono was a bold dragon who wasn't afraid to speak her own thoughts. She wasn't afraid of being homeless. She would be more than happy to keep traveling, forever. And then there was Ara. ----- Ara was different. He wasn't like her. He was sweet and kind, impossibly passive and gentle. Sono loved how he was good-natured with everything, always able to create peace, even in a hostile environment. Ara grew up in the desert, where succulents grew. His heart was never really into the dry, arid, rainless nights and days of the desert, so he left. While traveling, he met Sono, and the two decided to journey together. ----- The two were walking. It was a desert, and Ara wanted to leave as soon as possible, as it reminded him of where he used to live. Sono promised him they'd get out of there, and to pass time, she asked him to tell about himself. So he told of his journeys. While recounting a time where Ara came across a wasteland, Sono recognized it. Every detail. The pile of bones, the animal carcasses, the sickness, the plague. She knew that was the wasteland [i]she[/i] grew up in. Sono was silent as he continued, and spoke of a tree. The tree. [i]Her[/i] tree. Sono waited. Ara paused to catch his breath. "It was dead." She couldn't speak for a moment. Her heart felt hollow, as if a giant bird had swooped down and stole her missing part, the part that made her complete. The tree that she'd raised and loved. The tree that she'd stayed in that horrible place for. She'd suffered for the sake of that only living thing... and it was dead. [i]Dead.[/i] "Are you okay?" She was not okay. She hurt. Sono shook her head. "I knew that tree. It was mine. I raised it." She choked on the last words. Ara inhaled sharply. "I'm sorry." [i]Don't be, Ara. It was my mistake. I shouldn't have thought a tree could have survived in a land scarred with plague. I only tried to help it live.[/i] ----- After being told the heartbreaking news, Sono decided she didn't want to travel like this anymore. Not anymore. What if something similar happened... and she couldn't cope? Ara was happy to do anything she wanted, so the two traveled as normal - but looked for a place to stay. And that is how they came to the ___ (whatever your clan's name is haha). ----- [code]When she met him, they were different. Polar opposites. But both found a spark inside the other that they were drawn to - it was what kept them going together. Sono and Ara. ----- Before she was hatched, Sono was listening. Inside her egg, she was waiting. She wasn't afraid to bust outside right then and there, but part of her decided against it. And then the shell cracked. She pushed her way out, curious and excited. But as soon as she hatched, two faces stared at her. Red eyes and bandaged faces. [i]She will never survive. We are survivors. The Infection Clan has always been survivors. This weakling... is not. Not a survivor. She doesn't belong.[/i] Sono couldn't remember much from that moment. Only the whispers, the harsh thoughts about her. And the time when they took her away. They carried her to a wasteland, a flat place with nothing. No life. Not a single living thing. The place radiated death and despair. And [i]sickness[/i]. Sono hated it. When they walked away, she easily thought they would return. No dragon would abandon a hatchling... only minutes old... right? She was wrong. They never returned. ----- The first night, she cried. The hatchling had nothing to hope for anymore, and she curled up in a ball beside a pile of what looked like animal bones. Sono decided not to think about it. She clamped her talons over her ears, and buried her face in her body. And stayed that way for a whole night, in the desert-like heat, full of sickness in the air. And then she found the tree. It was just a sapling, a young, frail, tree. But it was a tree. It was healthy. It radiated [i]life.[/i] It stood out in this horrible wasteland. And yet, it would have been a miracle for a tree to survive. But survive it did, and Sono loved it. ----- Years passed, and she learned to survive in the wasteland she now called her home. Even still, she hated it, and longed to leave. Only the tree kept her there. Sono loved the tree so much that she couldn't leave the place. What if it died, without her care? What if some half-dead animal carrying a terrible disease trampled over it, destroying the only sign of life in the wasteland? Those questions haunted her in all her time there. She could not leave. She had to stay to protect the tree and to keep it growing. Still more years passed. The tree was no longer a weak sapling, but now a young tree. When Sono saw tiny white flowers blooming on its branches, she cried a whole night in joy. Her tree could now survive on its own. It was like raising a child - newborns had to be watched constantly, but after they grew up enough, they could survive. Like she had, all these years. Sono didn't want to leave. But she hated the place, and if not for the tree, if she could, she probably would have already destroyed it. So she left. She journeyed for months on end, maybe years. Sono could not keep track. The years seemed to go by faster than she could count them. Every cycle of the full moon told her there was now one more month she'd survived. But she couldn't count anymore. She was lost. Sono suddenly realized it, after years and years of traveling. No home, just a traveler, a survivor. But she was happy with that. It didn't matter to her anymore, her parents didn't want her, fine. If nobody wanted her, fine. Sono was a bold dragon who wasn't afraid to speak her own thoughts. She wasn't afraid of being homeless. She would be more than happy to keep traveling, forever. And then there was Ara. ----- Ara was different. He wasn't like her. He was sweet and kind, impossibly passive and gentle. Sono loved how he was good-natured with everything, always able to create peace, even in a hostile environment. Ara grew up in the desert, where succulents grew. His heart was never really into the dry, arid, rainless nights and days of the desert, so he left. While traveling, he met Sono, and the two decided to journey together. ----- The two were walking. It was a desert, and Ara wanted to leave as soon as possible, as it reminded him of where he used to live. Sono promised him they'd get out of there, and to pass time, she asked him to tell about himself. So he told of his journeys. While recounting a time where Ara came across a wasteland, Sono recognized it. Every detail. The pile of bones, the animal carcasses, the sickness, the plague. She knew that was the wasteland [i]she[/i] grew up in. Sono was silent as he continued, and spoke of a tree. The tree. [i]Her[/i] tree. Sono waited. Ara paused to catch his breath. "It was dead." She couldn't speak for a moment. Her heart felt hollow, as if a giant bird had swooped down and stole her missing part, the part that made her complete. The tree that she'd raised and loved. The tree that she'd stayed in that horrible place for. She'd suffered for the sake of that only living thing... and it was dead. [i]Dead.[/i] "Are you okay?" She was not okay. She hurt. Sono shook her head. "I knew that tree. It was mine. I raised it." She choked on the last words. Ara inhaled sharply. "I'm sorry." [i]Don't be, Ara. It was my mistake. I shouldn't have thought a tree could have survived in a land scarred with plague. I only tried to help it live.[/i] ----- After being told the heartbreaking news, Sono decided she didn't want to travel like this anymore. Not anymore. What if something similar happened... and she couldn't cope? Ara was happy to do anything she wanted, so the two traveled as normal - but looked for a place to stay. And that is how they came to the ___ (whatever your clan's name is haha).[/code] ----- When he met her, they were different. Polar opposites. But both found a spark inside the other that they were drawn to - it was what kept them going together. Ara and Sono. ----- Ara grew up in the desert. Only weeks after his birth, his mother submit to sickness, and died before his eyes. He could still remember tasting the dry heat, watching his mother cough blood, listening to her ragged breath. She was a fighter. His mother tried to pull through, she wouldn't let the sickness claim her. But she was getting weaker. Every breath she gave told Ara that the sickness was getting better of her - each breath a countdown. A timer telling him how long she had to live. ----- The night was cool and the moon was shining, but Ara was worried. Tonight, the sickness was getting worse. His mother had trouble breathing, and continued to cough blood, shaking and crying. [i]Please don't die... Mother, you'll pull through this.[/i] She broke down into a coughing fit, harsh and rasping. "I'll go get some water," Ara promised. He didn't want to leave her side, but he could not bear to see her cough like this one more time. "No--" she gasped. "Don't--leave--[i]cough[/i]--Ara." So he stayed. He stayed by her side all night, praying to the deities, hoping that his mother would not die from this horrible sickness. His mother continued to cough blood, and several times she stopped breathing. He feared that if he left once, he would return to see her dead. But neither hope nor good fortune was on his side. That night, Ara's mother closed her eyes and never opened them again. ----- After that incident, Ara and his father decided to leave the desert. Father and son traveled for a long time - until an unfortunate accident claimed Ara's father as well. Now traveling alone, he wandered for years. He began to lose track of how long he'd been surviving, out by himself, alone. He told himself after his father died that he'd find a permanent home soon, but it seemed to have never happened. So for years and years, Ara traveled, sometimes meeting friends, but never going with them. Always, he was alone. Then he met Sono. She was different, she wasn't like him. She was bold, and wasn't afraid to speak out for her own thoughts and beliefs. Sono wasn't afraid of being alone, or homeless. He liked how she stood out, and how she could be happy even if a disaster had happened. Sono told him she'd led a solitary life, growing up in a wasteland, scarred with plague. With no life. Eventually she left, and wandered for a long time. Just like he had. Ara agreed to travel with her. ----- Still more time passed. Ara and Sono journeyed together, day after day. Month after month. What once seemed to be so important seemed to pass by in the blink of an eye. Time. Traveling like this would seem pointless, but neither Ara nor Sono had any intention to have a destination. That was the irony of their constant movement - they never went anywhere. Despite this, he was happy. Sono was a good companion, she was easy to talk to and connect with. She was a bright, upbeat dragon. The two were together for a long time. Then she learned of the tree. When Ara told her about the tree he'd seen, in his travels, the one that died, she cried for a full night. Some part of him felt that it was his fault, that somehow, he could have prevented it. He hated to see her like this. He would have never known it was so important to her. ----- Sono didn't want to wander forever anymore, going nowhere. The news of the tree had shattered her, but she was ready to move on. After the sun rose that next day, she shook him awake and said, "We're going, Ara." But while they began walking, she continued. "I don't think I could cope with it if something similar happened... It hurts. I don't want to have that pain sitting forever on my shoulders, I need a life." Ara knew where this was going. "Please, can we find a place to stay? Not overnight, but... a clan. Somewhere we can be safe, and have others, and have..." She didn't finish, but Ara knew what she wanted to say. "Anything you want," he promised. "I'd be happy to." She stared at him for a moment, as if expecting him to argue. But he wasn't angry. He understood her decision, and respected it. "Alright then." Sono sighed. "Let's go." And they began their travels, once again. Soon enough, they stumbled across a clan in the nature territory, and Ara loved the looks of it. Even Sono was drawn to it. That is how Ara and Sono came to the clan of _____ (your clan name here). [code]When he met her, they were different. Polar opposites. But both found a spark inside the other that they were drawn to - it was what kept them going together. Ara and Sono. ----- Ara grew up in the desert. Only weeks after his birth, his mother submit to sickness, and died before his eyes. He could still remember tasting the dry heat, watching his mother cough blood, listening to her ragged breath. She was a fighter. His mother tried to pull through, she wouldn't let the sickness claim her. But she was getting weaker. Every breath she gave told Ara that the sickness was getting better of her - each breath a countdown. A timer telling him how long she had to live. ----- The night was cool and the moon was shining, but Ara was worried. Tonight, the sickness was getting worse. His mother had trouble breathing, and continued to cough blood, shaking and crying. [i]Please don't die... Mother, you'll pull through this.[/i] She broke down into a coughing fit, harsh and rasping. "I'll go get some water," Ara promised. He didn't want to leave her side, but he could not bear to see her cough like this one more time. "No--" she gasped. "Don't--leave--[i]cough[/i]--Ara." So he stayed. He stayed by her side all night, praying to the deities, hoping that his mother would not die from this horrible sickness. His mother continued to cough blood, and several times she stopped breathing. He feared that if he left once, he would return to see her dead. But neither hope nor good fortune was on his side. That night, Ara's mother closed her eyes and never opened them again. ----- After that incident, Ara and his father decided to leave the desert. Father and son traveled for a long time - until an unfortunate accident claimed Ara's father as well. Now traveling alone, he wandered for years. He began to lose track of how long he'd been surviving, out by himself, alone. He told himself after his father died that he'd find a permanent home soon, but it seemed to have never happened. So for years and years, Ara traveled, sometimes meeting friends, but never going with them. Always, he was alone. Then he met Sono. She was different, she wasn't like him. She was bold, and wasn't afraid to speak out for her own thoughts and beliefs. Sono wasn't afraid of being alone, or homeless. He liked how she stood out, and how she could be happy even if a disaster had happened. Sono told him she'd led a solitary life, growing up in a wasteland, scarred with plague. With no life. Eventually she left, and wandered for a long time. Just like he had. Ara agreed to travel with her. ----- Still more time passed. Ara and Sono journeyed together, day after day. Month after month. What once seemed to be so important seemed to pass by in the blink of an eye. Time. Traveling like this would seem pointless, but neither Ara nor Sono had any intention to have a destination. That was the irony of their constant movement - they never went anywhere. Despite this, he was happy. Sono was a good companion, she was easy to talk to and connect with. She was a bright, upbeat dragon. The two were together for a long time. Then she learned of the tree. When Ara told her about the tree he'd seen, in his travels, the one that died, she cried for a full night. Some part of him felt that it was his fault, that somehow, he could have prevented it. He hated to see her like this. He would have never known it was so important to her. ----- Sono didn't want to wander forever anymore, going nowhere. The news of the tree had shattered her, but she was ready to move on. After the sun rose that next day, she shook him awake and said, "We're going, Ara." But while they began walking, she continued. "I don't think I could cope with it if something similar happened... It hurts. I don't want to have that pain sitting forever on my shoulders, I need a life." Ara knew where this was going. "Please, can we find a place to stay? Not overnight, but... a clan. Somewhere we can be safe, and have others, and have..." She didn't finish, but Ara knew what she wanted to say. "Anything you want," he promised. "I'd be happy to." She stared at him for a moment, as if expecting him to argue. But he wasn't angry. He understood her decision, and respected it. "Alright then." Sono sighed. "Let's go." And they began their travels, once again. Soon enough, they stumbled across a clan in the nature territory, and Ara loved the looks of it. Even Sono was drawn to it. That is how Ara and Sono came to the clan of _____ (your clan name here). [/code]
@MoonlitCacti Whewf, here we go! They're both pretty long, so... warning. Also, at the end of each one, there's a sentence that will require your clan name. I couldn't find it... so, fill it in.

When she met him, they were different. Polar opposites. But both found a spark inside the other that they were drawn to - it was what kept them going together.

Sono and Ara.

Before she was hatched, Sono was listening. Inside her egg, she was waiting. She wasn't afraid to bust outside right then and there, but part of her decided against it.

And then the shell cracked. She pushed her way out, curious and excited.

But as soon as she hatched, two faces stared at her. Red eyes and bandaged faces.

She will never survive.

We are survivors. The Infection Clan has always been survivors.

This weakling... is not. Not a survivor.

She doesn't belong.

Sono couldn't remember much from that moment. Only the whispers, the harsh thoughts about her.

And the time when they took her away. They carried her to a wasteland, a flat place with nothing. No life. Not a single living thing.

The place radiated death and despair. And sickness.

Sono hated it. When they walked away, she easily thought they would return. No dragon would abandon a hatchling... only minutes old... right?

She was wrong.

They never returned.

The first night, she cried. The hatchling had nothing to hope for anymore, and she curled up in a ball beside a pile of what looked like animal bones. Sono decided not to think about it.

She clamped her talons over her ears, and buried her face in her body. And stayed that way for a whole night, in the desert-like heat, full of sickness in the air.

And then she found the tree.

It was just a sapling, a young, frail, tree. But it was a tree. It was healthy.

It radiated life. It stood out in this horrible wasteland. And yet, it would have been a miracle for a tree to survive.

But survive it did, and Sono loved it.

Years passed, and she learned to survive in the wasteland she now called her home. Even still, she hated it, and longed to leave. Only the tree kept her there.

Sono loved the tree so much that she couldn't leave the place. What if it died, without her care? What if some half-dead animal carrying a terrible disease trampled over it, destroying the only sign of life in the wasteland?

Those questions haunted her in all her time there. She could not leave. She had to stay to protect the tree and to keep it growing.

Still more years passed. The tree was no longer a weak sapling, but now a young tree. When Sono saw tiny white flowers blooming on its branches, she cried a whole night in joy.

Her tree could now survive on its own.

It was like raising a child - newborns had to be watched constantly, but after they grew up enough, they could survive. Like she had, all these years.

Sono didn't want to leave. But she hated the place, and if not for the tree, if she could, she probably would have already destroyed it.

So she left. She journeyed for months on end, maybe years. Sono could not keep track. The years seemed to go by faster than she could count them. Every cycle of the full moon told her there was now one more month she'd survived.

But she couldn't count anymore. She was lost. Sono suddenly realized it, after years and years of traveling. No home, just a traveler, a survivor.

But she was happy with that. It didn't matter to her anymore, her parents didn't want her, fine. If nobody wanted her, fine. Sono was a bold dragon who wasn't afraid to speak her own thoughts. She wasn't afraid of being homeless. She would be more than happy to keep traveling, forever.

And then there was Ara.

Ara was different. He wasn't like her. He was sweet and kind, impossibly passive and gentle. Sono loved how he was good-natured with everything, always able to create peace, even in a hostile environment.

Ara grew up in the desert, where succulents grew. His heart was never really into the dry, arid, rainless nights and days of the desert, so he left. While traveling, he met Sono, and the two decided to journey together.

The two were walking. It was a desert, and Ara wanted to leave as soon as possible, as it reminded him of where he used to live. Sono promised him they'd get out of there, and to pass time, she asked him to tell about himself.

So he told of his journeys.

While recounting a time where Ara came across a wasteland, Sono recognized it. Every detail. The pile of bones, the animal carcasses, the sickness, the plague. She knew that was the wasteland she grew up in.

Sono was silent as he continued, and spoke of a tree.

The tree.

Her tree.

Sono waited.

Ara paused to catch his breath. "It was dead."

She couldn't speak for a moment. Her heart felt hollow, as if a giant bird had swooped down and stole her missing part, the part that made her complete.

The tree that she'd raised and loved. The tree that she'd stayed in that horrible place for. She'd suffered for the sake of that only living thing... and it was dead. Dead.

"Are you okay?"

She was not okay. She hurt. Sono shook her head. "I knew that tree. It was mine. I raised it." She choked on the last words.

Ara inhaled sharply. "I'm sorry."

Don't be, Ara. It was my mistake. I shouldn't have thought a tree could have survived in a land scarred with plague.

I only tried to help it live.

After being told the heartbreaking news, Sono decided she didn't want to travel like this anymore. Not anymore. What if something similar happened... and she couldn't cope?

Ara was happy to do anything she wanted, so the two traveled as normal - but looked for a place to stay.

And that is how they came to the ___ (whatever your clan's name is haha).

Code:
When she met him, they were different. Polar opposites. But both found a spark inside the other that they were drawn to - it was what kept them going together. Sono and Ara. ----- Before she was hatched, Sono was listening. Inside her egg, she was waiting. She wasn't afraid to bust outside right then and there, but part of her decided against it. And then the shell cracked. She pushed her way out, curious and excited. But as soon as she hatched, two faces stared at her. Red eyes and bandaged faces. [i]She will never survive. We are survivors. The Infection Clan has always been survivors. This weakling... is not. Not a survivor. She doesn't belong.[/i] Sono couldn't remember much from that moment. Only the whispers, the harsh thoughts about her. And the time when they took her away. They carried her to a wasteland, a flat place with nothing. No life. Not a single living thing. The place radiated death and despair. And [i]sickness[/i]. Sono hated it. When they walked away, she easily thought they would return. No dragon would abandon a hatchling... only minutes old... right? She was wrong. They never returned. ----- The first night, she cried. The hatchling had nothing to hope for anymore, and she curled up in a ball beside a pile of what looked like animal bones. Sono decided not to think about it. She clamped her talons over her ears, and buried her face in her body. And stayed that way for a whole night, in the desert-like heat, full of sickness in the air. And then she found the tree. It was just a sapling, a young, frail, tree. But it was a tree. It was healthy. It radiated [i]life.[/i] It stood out in this horrible wasteland. And yet, it would have been a miracle for a tree to survive. But survive it did, and Sono loved it. ----- Years passed, and she learned to survive in the wasteland she now called her home. Even still, she hated it, and longed to leave. Only the tree kept her there. Sono loved the tree so much that she couldn't leave the place. What if it died, without her care? What if some half-dead animal carrying a terrible disease trampled over it, destroying the only sign of life in the wasteland? Those questions haunted her in all her time there. She could not leave. She had to stay to protect the tree and to keep it growing. Still more years passed. The tree was no longer a weak sapling, but now a young tree. When Sono saw tiny white flowers blooming on its branches, she cried a whole night in joy. Her tree could now survive on its own. It was like raising a child - newborns had to be watched constantly, but after they grew up enough, they could survive. Like she had, all these years. Sono didn't want to leave. But she hated the place, and if not for the tree, if she could, she probably would have already destroyed it. So she left. She journeyed for months on end, maybe years. Sono could not keep track. The years seemed to go by faster than she could count them. Every cycle of the full moon told her there was now one more month she'd survived. But she couldn't count anymore. She was lost. Sono suddenly realized it, after years and years of traveling. No home, just a traveler, a survivor. But she was happy with that. It didn't matter to her anymore, her parents didn't want her, fine. If nobody wanted her, fine. Sono was a bold dragon who wasn't afraid to speak her own thoughts. She wasn't afraid of being homeless. She would be more than happy to keep traveling, forever. And then there was Ara. ----- Ara was different. He wasn't like her. He was sweet and kind, impossibly passive and gentle. Sono loved how he was good-natured with everything, always able to create peace, even in a hostile environment. Ara grew up in the desert, where succulents grew. His heart was never really into the dry, arid, rainless nights and days of the desert, so he left. While traveling, he met Sono, and the two decided to journey together. ----- The two were walking. It was a desert, and Ara wanted to leave as soon as possible, as it reminded him of where he used to live. Sono promised him they'd get out of there, and to pass time, she asked him to tell about himself. So he told of his journeys. While recounting a time where Ara came across a wasteland, Sono recognized it. Every detail. The pile of bones, the animal carcasses, the sickness, the plague. She knew that was the wasteland [i]she[/i] grew up in. Sono was silent as he continued, and spoke of a tree. The tree. [i]Her[/i] tree. Sono waited. Ara paused to catch his breath. "It was dead." She couldn't speak for a moment. Her heart felt hollow, as if a giant bird had swooped down and stole her missing part, the part that made her complete. The tree that she'd raised and loved. The tree that she'd stayed in that horrible place for. She'd suffered for the sake of that only living thing... and it was dead. [i]Dead.[/i] "Are you okay?" She was not okay. She hurt. Sono shook her head. "I knew that tree. It was mine. I raised it." She choked on the last words. Ara inhaled sharply. "I'm sorry." [i]Don't be, Ara. It was my mistake. I shouldn't have thought a tree could have survived in a land scarred with plague. I only tried to help it live.[/i] ----- After being told the heartbreaking news, Sono decided she didn't want to travel like this anymore. Not anymore. What if something similar happened... and she couldn't cope? Ara was happy to do anything she wanted, so the two traveled as normal - but looked for a place to stay. And that is how they came to the ___ (whatever your clan's name is haha).

When he met her, they were different. Polar opposites. But both found a spark inside the other that they were drawn to - it was what kept them going together.

Ara and Sono.

Ara grew up in the desert. Only weeks after his birth, his mother submit to sickness, and died before his eyes. He could still remember tasting the dry heat, watching his mother cough blood, listening to her ragged breath.

She was a fighter. His mother tried to pull through, she wouldn't let the sickness claim her.

But she was getting weaker.

Every breath she gave told Ara that the sickness was getting better of her - each breath a countdown. A timer telling him how long she had to live.

The night was cool and the moon was shining, but Ara was worried.

Tonight, the sickness was getting worse. His mother had trouble breathing, and continued to cough blood, shaking and crying. Please don't die...

Mother, you'll pull through this.

She broke down into a coughing fit, harsh and rasping.

"I'll go get some water," Ara promised. He didn't want to leave her side, but he could not bear to see her cough like this one more time.

"No--" she gasped. "Don't--leave--cough--Ara."

So he stayed. He stayed by her side all night, praying to the deities, hoping that his mother would not die from this horrible sickness.

His mother continued to cough blood, and several times she stopped breathing. He feared that if he left once, he would return to see her dead.

But neither hope nor good fortune was on his side.

That night, Ara's mother closed her eyes and never opened them again.

After that incident, Ara and his father decided to leave the desert. Father and son traveled for a long time - until an unfortunate accident claimed Ara's father as well.

Now traveling alone, he wandered for years. He began to lose track of how long he'd been surviving, out by himself, alone. He told himself after his father died that he'd find a permanent home soon, but it seemed to have never happened.

So for years and years, Ara traveled, sometimes meeting friends, but never going with them. Always, he was alone.

Then he met Sono.

She was different, she wasn't like him. She was bold, and wasn't afraid to speak out for her own thoughts and beliefs. Sono wasn't afraid of being alone, or homeless. He liked how she stood out, and how she could be happy even if a disaster had happened.

Sono told him she'd led a solitary life, growing up in a wasteland, scarred with plague. With no life. Eventually she left, and wandered for a long time. Just like he had.

Ara agreed to travel with her.

Still more time passed. Ara and Sono journeyed together, day after day. Month after month. What once seemed to be so important seemed to pass by in the blink of an eye. Time.

Traveling like this would seem pointless, but neither Ara nor Sono had any intention to have a destination. That was the irony of their constant movement - they never went anywhere.

Despite this, he was happy. Sono was a good companion, she was easy to talk to and connect with. She was a bright, upbeat dragon. The two were together for a long time.

Then she learned of the tree.

When Ara told her about the tree he'd seen, in his travels, the one that died, she cried for a full night.

Some part of him felt that it was his fault, that somehow, he could have prevented it. He hated to see her like this. He would have never known it was so important to her.

Sono didn't want to wander forever anymore, going nowhere. The news of the tree had shattered her, but she was ready to move on. After the sun rose that next day, she shook him awake and said, "We're going, Ara."

But while they began walking, she continued. "I don't think I could cope with it if something similar happened... It hurts. I don't want to have that pain sitting forever on my shoulders, I need a life."

Ara knew where this was going.

"Please, can we find a place to stay? Not overnight, but... a clan. Somewhere we can be safe, and have others, and have..." She didn't finish, but Ara knew what she wanted to say.

"Anything you want," he promised. "I'd be happy to."

She stared at him for a moment, as if expecting him to argue. But he wasn't angry. He understood her decision, and respected it. "Alright then." Sono sighed. "Let's go."

And they began their travels, once again. Soon enough, they stumbled across a clan in the nature territory, and Ara loved the looks of it. Even Sono was drawn to it.

That is how Ara and Sono came to the clan of _____ (your clan name here).
Code:
When he met her, they were different. Polar opposites. But both found a spark inside the other that they were drawn to - it was what kept them going together. Ara and Sono. ----- Ara grew up in the desert. Only weeks after his birth, his mother submit to sickness, and died before his eyes. He could still remember tasting the dry heat, watching his mother cough blood, listening to her ragged breath. She was a fighter. His mother tried to pull through, she wouldn't let the sickness claim her. But she was getting weaker. Every breath she gave told Ara that the sickness was getting better of her - each breath a countdown. A timer telling him how long she had to live. ----- The night was cool and the moon was shining, but Ara was worried. Tonight, the sickness was getting worse. His mother had trouble breathing, and continued to cough blood, shaking and crying. [i]Please don't die... Mother, you'll pull through this.[/i] She broke down into a coughing fit, harsh and rasping. "I'll go get some water," Ara promised. He didn't want to leave her side, but he could not bear to see her cough like this one more time. "No--" she gasped. "Don't--leave--[i]cough[/i]--Ara." So he stayed. He stayed by her side all night, praying to the deities, hoping that his mother would not die from this horrible sickness. His mother continued to cough blood, and several times she stopped breathing. He feared that if he left once, he would return to see her dead. But neither hope nor good fortune was on his side. That night, Ara's mother closed her eyes and never opened them again. ----- After that incident, Ara and his father decided to leave the desert. Father and son traveled for a long time - until an unfortunate accident claimed Ara's father as well. Now traveling alone, he wandered for years. He began to lose track of how long he'd been surviving, out by himself, alone. He told himself after his father died that he'd find a permanent home soon, but it seemed to have never happened. So for years and years, Ara traveled, sometimes meeting friends, but never going with them. Always, he was alone. Then he met Sono. She was different, she wasn't like him. She was bold, and wasn't afraid to speak out for her own thoughts and beliefs. Sono wasn't afraid of being alone, or homeless. He liked how she stood out, and how she could be happy even if a disaster had happened. Sono told him she'd led a solitary life, growing up in a wasteland, scarred with plague. With no life. Eventually she left, and wandered for a long time. Just like he had. Ara agreed to travel with her. ----- Still more time passed. Ara and Sono journeyed together, day after day. Month after month. What once seemed to be so important seemed to pass by in the blink of an eye. Time. Traveling like this would seem pointless, but neither Ara nor Sono had any intention to have a destination. That was the irony of their constant movement - they never went anywhere. Despite this, he was happy. Sono was a good companion, she was easy to talk to and connect with. She was a bright, upbeat dragon. The two were together for a long time. Then she learned of the tree. When Ara told her about the tree he'd seen, in his travels, the one that died, she cried for a full night. Some part of him felt that it was his fault, that somehow, he could have prevented it. He hated to see her like this. He would have never known it was so important to her. ----- Sono didn't want to wander forever anymore, going nowhere. The news of the tree had shattered her, but she was ready to move on. After the sun rose that next day, she shook him awake and said, "We're going, Ara." But while they began walking, she continued. "I don't think I could cope with it if something similar happened... It hurts. I don't want to have that pain sitting forever on my shoulders, I need a life." Ara knew where this was going. "Please, can we find a place to stay? Not overnight, but... a clan. Somewhere we can be safe, and have others, and have..." She didn't finish, but Ara knew what she wanted to say. "Anything you want," he promised. "I'd be happy to." She stared at him for a moment, as if expecting him to argue. But he wasn't angry. He understood her decision, and respected it. "Alright then." Sono sighed. "Let's go." And they began their travels, once again. Soon enough, they stumbled across a clan in the nature territory, and Ara loved the looks of it. Even Sono was drawn to it. That is how Ara and Sono came to the clan of _____ (your clan name here).
@LostDreamer Because I'm stupid, I accidentally closed the tab I was writing this in... Twice. Whoops. Sorry this took so long. I was pretty busy this week.

(Also, I only did Artemis', Polaris' will come soon.)

Artemis had always been a dragon of her own will, a dreamer living in her own world. She grew up in a bleak part of the Hewn City, with no light and no color. Artemis lived beside dark, crumbling ruins, which were a part of her everyday life.

It was no wonder that she hated it. At least there weren't any vegetables there.

It was her father that persuaded her to go follow her dreams. When an unfortunate accident claimed her family, she decided to honor him and do as he wished, and thus began to travel.

Growing up, Artemis loved to read and study. She had the thirst for knowledge that was a striking trait of arcane dragons, and so when she came across the Starfall Isles, something in the magic radiating in the air called to her. The isles of arcane were so full of knowledge, of the life and joy she'd been seeking.

This was it.

Upon being invited to join a clan, after being seen wandering about the arcane territory, she accepted. This, for sure, was what her father wanted her to do.

Her first days in the clan were tough. Artemis had a hard time interacting with others, being around so many dragons that she didn't know. They were kind to her, but it was still hard to really feel like a part of them.

Over time, they became friends. Then family. The dragons she lived with became part of her life, and she adapted to having them around. In a way, she liked it, having company and dragons to talk to, instead of traveling alone forever.

Then she met Polaris.

Artemis was walking around the clan territory, muttering to herself and picking flowers, her head in the clouds. She wasn't really paying attention to anything, until she heard Shey talking.

"Come on," she was saying. "It's all right."

When she went to investigate, Artemis found Shey coaxing a shivering, crying dragon to follow her back to the lair.

"Shey," she called. "What's this?"

She looked up. "Oh, hi, Artemis. This is Polaris.

"I found him over there, and he's a mess. I'm taking him to the clan, where we can get him fixed up." She rested a talon on Polaris' shoulder.

Artemis stepped forward. "Hi, Polaris."

He didn't move, or make any indication that he'd heard her.

"Are you all right?" No response. "Come on, let's go." She held his shaking talon and somehow managed to get him to walk back to the lair. Shey followed, whistling a quiet, happy tune.

And that was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
@LostDreamer Because I'm stupid, I accidentally closed the tab I was writing this in... Twice. Whoops. Sorry this took so long. I was pretty busy this week.

(Also, I only did Artemis', Polaris' will come soon.)

Artemis had always been a dragon of her own will, a dreamer living in her own world. She grew up in a bleak part of the Hewn City, with no light and no color. Artemis lived beside dark, crumbling ruins, which were a part of her everyday life.

It was no wonder that she hated it. At least there weren't any vegetables there.

It was her father that persuaded her to go follow her dreams. When an unfortunate accident claimed her family, she decided to honor him and do as he wished, and thus began to travel.

Growing up, Artemis loved to read and study. She had the thirst for knowledge that was a striking trait of arcane dragons, and so when she came across the Starfall Isles, something in the magic radiating in the air called to her. The isles of arcane were so full of knowledge, of the life and joy she'd been seeking.

This was it.

Upon being invited to join a clan, after being seen wandering about the arcane territory, she accepted. This, for sure, was what her father wanted her to do.

Her first days in the clan were tough. Artemis had a hard time interacting with others, being around so many dragons that she didn't know. They were kind to her, but it was still hard to really feel like a part of them.

Over time, they became friends. Then family. The dragons she lived with became part of her life, and she adapted to having them around. In a way, she liked it, having company and dragons to talk to, instead of traveling alone forever.

Then she met Polaris.

Artemis was walking around the clan territory, muttering to herself and picking flowers, her head in the clouds. She wasn't really paying attention to anything, until she heard Shey talking.

"Come on," she was saying. "It's all right."

When she went to investigate, Artemis found Shey coaxing a shivering, crying dragon to follow her back to the lair.

"Shey," she called. "What's this?"

She looked up. "Oh, hi, Artemis. This is Polaris.

"I found him over there, and he's a mess. I'm taking him to the clan, where we can get him fixed up." She rested a talon on Polaris' shoulder.

Artemis stepped forward. "Hi, Polaris."

He didn't move, or make any indication that he'd heard her.

"Are you all right?" No response. "Come on, let's go." She held his shaking talon and somehow managed to get him to walk back to the lair. Shey followed, whistling a quiet, happy tune.

And that was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
@LostDreamer @nabal Hi, I'm really, really sorry that I've been doing a poor job of keeping up with these orders. I've been busy, and it sort of slipped my mind. LostDreamer (30kt/g) ----- [quote name="Polaris"] Up until now, Polaris had never allowed himself to break down, emotionally, before another dragon. But now, he was huddled in a meadow, he didn't know where, at the foot of a large tree. His shaking wings are wrapped around himself, and Polaris was crying, stuttering, scared and afraid and so very lonely. He didn't notice his surroundings, or anything, so Polaris was startled greatly when a brown tundra came across him and asked him if he was all right. Polaris could not answer. He was slightly frightened. "I think I should take you to the clan," she mumbled, half to herself, then said again, louder, "I'll take you back to the clan, get you fixed up. What's your name?" Polaris shivered and did not speak. The dragon smiled kindly. "I'm Shey. What's your name?" she repeated. Somehow, Polaris managed a quiet, shaking, "[size=2]P-Polaris[/size]", as Shey began trying to persuade him to follow her. He couldn't. Almost paralyzed, he was frozen to the spot, scared. Just as the dragon was saying kindly, "Come on, it's all right", a beautiful golden imperial appeared. Polaris could see by the way she looked at him that she was curious what was going on. He could see the dreamy look in her eyes, as if she had just come out of a dream and wasn't fully awake yet, still half in another world. "Shey, what's this?" "Oh, hi, Artemis. This is Polaris. I found him over there..." As Shey began to explain the situation, Polaris kept to himself, feeling smaller and smaller by the second. He huddled with his wings at his side, shivering. "Hi, Polaris." The dragon, Artemis, stepped forward. He still didn't move. A few moments later, she was trying to get him back to 'the clan', wherever that was. Still, Polaris felt a little bit stubborn. But she persisted, and held on to his talon. Hers was warm, and Polaris felt a little bit safer walking beside her, and before he knew it, he was following her, still shaking a little, trailing behind, but nevertheless walking. Somehow, he felt a little bit less nervous and a little bit happier now. Maybe, just maybe, this would be all right.[/quote] nabal: (25kt/g) ----- [quote name="Ezra"] Ezra was born in fire territory, with a rare gift. Pyrokinesis. When she was young, this was an ability that made her into a good blacksmith, as her claws controlled the fire in a way that few other dragons could. It was her father who taught her, his talons gently guiding her own. The fire that wove through her claws neatly had helped make one of her most treasured possessions: a necklace of gold. Although it wasn't exactly fancy, it meant a lot to her, and it was still on her neck, even now. ----- When she was young, Ezra's younger brother, Diabolos, did a terrible thing, committed a terrible crime. Diabolos was never a rule follower. He could do bad things sometimes... but never this extreme. Still, she loved him, and knew that he was in for terrible punishment. She could not bear to see this happen to her brother. He regretted it, but the damage was done. Ezra knew that the police were after him, and wouldn't stop until they found him. No matter what quarrels they'd had as children, or whatever else, there was no way she'd let this happen to him. So she did what she had to do. ----- "Ezra, this is my mistake, my punishment. You can't--" Ezra's face burned with tears. The hot, dry air of the Ashfall Waste stung her eyes. "Diabolos," she said, "I can't let you do it. I can't let that happen to you. You know it." He did not say anything, for he knew. "Please, promise me you'll run. Run and hide." "But--" he protested, "Run where--?" "Anywhere!" Ezra burst out. "I don't care! Run anywhere, all I want is that you promise me, you hear me? promise me that you'll run, run and never come back." Diabolos was silent. "Ezra..." "Run. And please... Please, Diabolos, promise me you won't let them catch you." Her brother stared ahead for a few moments, as if he wished this all had never happened. Then a whisper that barely fell from his lips, so quiet and solemn that Ezra almost did not hear it. "Farewell, then." He turned around and took to the air, flying hard and fast. And that was the last she ever saw of her brother. ----- A few days after sending her brother away, Ezra awoke to voices. She moved closer to the noise, trying to listen. It sounded like her parents.... arguing with someone. Curiously, and slightly frightened, she listened harder. [i]"... Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to step out of the way." "My daughter would never do that, you're mistaken--!" "[/i]Sir,[i] I have orders to search this place and to find her. Step out of the way." There was a reluctant protesting sound, and then a furious, "You will do no such thing!"[/i] But it was too late. Ezra heard footsteps, coming louder and closer. And that's when she realized. They were here... for her. She was seen helping her brother escape, and now, she was wanted, a fugitive as well. Panicked, Ezra seized the gold necklace. She would never leave that behind. She pushed open a window--then stopped. Ezra slowly ran her claws over the smooth glass. This window she'd made with her father, with her abilities. Did she really dare run away from this life? The foootsteps came closer, and Ezra's beating heart decided. She pushed the rest of the window open, leaped out, and shut it behind her. Then she began to run. ----- Feet bleeding, wings torn and battered, Ezra finally stopped running. She was exhausted, after escaping so many dragons trying to catch her. She'd shaken them all off her trail by now. One had even manged to bind her with chains, but she burned through them and got free. But now, it was dark, and Ezra knew it was time to sleep. She settled down behind a thorny bush, well hidden out of sight, and closed her eyes, but she could not sleep. Flashes of light, whimpers, and more kept her disturbed all night until finally, Ezra looked for the source. It was not hard to find. A slightly furry creature was lying on the ground, lightning crackling around its body. Ezra's studies as a young child told her that this was a Sparkling Goblin, from the Shifting Expanse. [i]How did it get here?[/i] Moreover, it was wounded. Ezra couldn't let a poor thing like this die, and tended to its wounds all night, silently working for hours until she finally, finally, slept. ----- The next day, Ezra was up and running again. She didn't travel far, before realizing the Sparkling Goblin needed somewhere to live. So she took it to the Shifting Expanse, the lightning domain. Upon entering, she was startled by the greatness of it all. Electricity was running through the air, she could feel it, and the place felt like home to her. Which was a rare feeling, ever since leaving her real home in the Ashfall Waste. As she peered over a cliff, she suddenly lost her balance. Strong winds pushed her off, but she caught herself, spreading her wings quickly. That led her to see the cavern, carved into the cliffside. From the mouth of the cave led to a clan, a rather small one, barely formed yet. She was offered a stay there, and although nobody really said it, they all knew it would be temporary, until she could get moving again. But as it turned out, it wasn't. Ezra didn't leave. This clan was like a new family to her. New additions came and went, many stayed and the clan prospered. As they did, so did she. Now Ezra is the reluctant leader of the Clan of Weeping Sands.[/quote] [quote name="Poem"] It's a fire raging inside your soul It's the lightning that crackles and the thunder that rolls It's the knowledge of your failure, the guilt in your heart When you've thrown all the gates of hell apart Betrayal Despair Desire [b]Hellfire[/b] You've withered from the inside Your grief too deep to bear You've got a pain, far below Your misery in the air And it's in your head, singing [b]Hellfire[/b] Gloating, ever ringing [b]Hellfire[/b] That one oath you swore, you promised to agree You've yet to keep, but still ignore Inside, you know there's a punishment for you Well, welcome to hell, listen to the roar And it's in your head, singing [b]Hellfire[/b] Gloating, ever ringing [b]Hellfire[/b] [/quote] So I saw the other poem in her bio, and decided to sort of go by that, so... here. I feel like it sounds like a song... Maybe like a fast rap or something.
@LostDreamer @nabal Hi, I'm really, really sorry that I've been doing a poor job of keeping up with these orders. I've been busy, and it sort of slipped my mind.

LostDreamer (30kt/g)
Polaris wrote:
Up until now, Polaris had never allowed himself to break down, emotionally, before another dragon.

But now, he was huddled in a meadow, he didn't know where, at the foot of a large tree. His shaking wings are wrapped around himself, and Polaris was crying, stuttering, scared and afraid and so very lonely.

He didn't notice his surroundings, or anything, so Polaris was startled greatly when a brown tundra came across him and asked him if he was all right.

Polaris could not answer. He was slightly frightened.

"I think I should take you to the clan," she mumbled, half to herself, then said again, louder, "I'll take you back to the clan, get you fixed up. What's your name?"

Polaris shivered and did not speak.

The dragon smiled kindly. "I'm Shey. What's your name?" she repeated.

Somehow, Polaris managed a quiet, shaking, "P-Polaris", as Shey began trying to persuade him to follow her.

He couldn't. Almost paralyzed, he was frozen to the spot, scared. Just as the dragon was saying kindly, "Come on, it's all right", a beautiful golden imperial appeared.

Polaris could see by the way she looked at him that she was curious what was going on. He could see the dreamy look in her eyes, as if she had just come out of a dream and wasn't fully awake yet, still half in another world.

"Shey, what's this?"

"Oh, hi, Artemis. This is Polaris. I found him over there..." As Shey began to explain the situation, Polaris kept to himself, feeling smaller and smaller by the second. He huddled with his wings at his side, shivering.

"Hi, Polaris."

The dragon, Artemis, stepped forward. He still didn't move. A few moments later, she was trying to get him back to 'the clan', wherever that was. Still, Polaris felt a little bit stubborn.

But she persisted, and held on to his talon. Hers was warm, and Polaris felt a little bit safer walking beside her, and before he knew it, he was following her, still shaking a little, trailing behind, but nevertheless walking.

Somehow, he felt a little bit less nervous and a little bit happier now. Maybe, just maybe, this would be all right.

nabal: (25kt/g)
Ezra wrote:
Ezra was born in fire territory, with a rare gift. Pyrokinesis.

When she was young, this was an ability that made her into a good blacksmith, as her claws controlled the fire in a way that few other dragons could.

It was her father who taught her, his talons gently guiding her own. The fire that wove through her claws neatly had helped make one of her most treasured possessions: a necklace of gold. Although it wasn't exactly fancy, it meant a lot to her, and it was still on her neck, even now.

When she was young, Ezra's younger brother, Diabolos, did a terrible thing, committed a terrible crime.

Diabolos was never a rule follower. He could do bad things sometimes... but never this extreme. Still, she loved him, and knew that he was in for terrible punishment. She could not bear to see this happen to her brother.

He regretted it, but the damage was done. Ezra knew that the police were after him, and wouldn't stop until they found him. No matter what quarrels they'd had as children, or whatever else, there was no way she'd let this happen to him.

So she did what she had to do.

"Ezra, this is my mistake, my punishment. You can't--"

Ezra's face burned with tears. The hot, dry air of the Ashfall Waste stung her eyes. "Diabolos," she said, "I can't let you do it. I can't let that happen to you. You know it."

He did not say anything, for he knew.

"Please, promise me you'll run. Run and hide."

"But--" he protested, "Run where--?"

"Anywhere!" Ezra burst out. "I don't care! Run anywhere, all I want is that you promise me, you hear me? promise me that you'll run, run and never come back."

Diabolos was silent. "Ezra..."

"Run. And please... Please, Diabolos, promise me you won't let them catch you."

Her brother stared ahead for a few moments, as if he wished this all had never happened. Then a whisper that barely fell from his lips, so quiet and solemn that Ezra almost did not hear it.

"Farewell, then."

He turned around and took to the air, flying hard and fast.

And that was the last she ever saw of her brother.

A few days after sending her brother away, Ezra awoke to voices. She moved closer to the noise, trying to listen.

It sounded like her parents.... arguing with someone. Curiously, and slightly frightened, she listened harder.

"... Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to step out of the way."

"My daughter would never do that, you're mistaken--!"

"
Sir, I have orders to search this place and to find her. Step out of the way."

There was a reluctant protesting sound, and then a furious, "You will do no such thing!"

But it was too late. Ezra heard footsteps, coming louder and closer.

And that's when she realized.

They were here... for her. She was seen helping her brother escape, and now, she was wanted, a fugitive as well.

Panicked, Ezra seized the gold necklace. She would never leave that behind. She pushed open a window--then stopped. Ezra slowly ran her claws over the smooth glass. This window she'd made with her father, with her abilities. Did she really dare run away from this life?

The foootsteps came closer, and Ezra's beating heart decided. She pushed the rest of the window open, leaped out, and shut it behind her.

Then she began to run.

Feet bleeding, wings torn and battered, Ezra finally stopped running. She was exhausted, after escaping so many dragons trying to catch her. She'd shaken them all off her trail by now.

One had even manged to bind her with chains, but she burned through them and got free.

But now, it was dark, and Ezra knew it was time to sleep. She settled down behind a thorny bush, well hidden out of sight, and closed her eyes, but she could not sleep.

Flashes of light, whimpers, and more kept her disturbed all night until finally, Ezra looked for the source.

It was not hard to find.

A slightly furry creature was lying on the ground, lightning crackling around its body.

Ezra's studies as a young child told her that this was a Sparkling Goblin, from the Shifting Expanse.

How did it get here?

Moreover, it was wounded. Ezra couldn't let a poor thing like this die, and tended to its wounds all night, silently working for hours until she finally, finally, slept.

The next day, Ezra was up and running again. She didn't travel far, before realizing the Sparkling Goblin needed somewhere to live.

So she took it to the Shifting Expanse, the lightning domain.

Upon entering, she was startled by the greatness of it all. Electricity was running through the air, she could feel it, and the place felt like home to her. Which was a rare feeling, ever since leaving her real home in the Ashfall Waste.

As she peered over a cliff, she suddenly lost her balance. Strong winds pushed her off, but she caught herself, spreading her wings quickly.

That led her to see the cavern, carved into the cliffside.

From the mouth of the cave led to a clan, a rather small one, barely formed yet. She was offered a stay there, and although nobody really said it, they all knew it would be temporary, until she could get moving again.

But as it turned out, it wasn't.

Ezra didn't leave. This clan was like a new family to her. New additions came and went, many stayed and the clan prospered.

As they did, so did she.

Now Ezra is the reluctant leader of the Clan of Weeping Sands.
Poem wrote:

It's a fire raging inside your soul
It's the lightning that crackles and the thunder that rolls
It's the knowledge of your failure, the guilt in your heart
When you've thrown all the gates of hell apart

Betrayal
Despair
Desire
Hellfire

You've withered from the inside
Your grief too deep to bear
You've got a pain, far below
Your misery in the air

And it's in your head, singing
Hellfire
Gloating, ever ringing
Hellfire

That one oath you swore, you promised to agree
You've yet to keep, but still ignore
Inside, you know there's a punishment for you
Well, welcome to hell, listen to the roar

And it's in your head, singing
Hellfire
Gloating, ever ringing
Hellfire

So I saw the other poem in her bio, and decided to sort of go by that, so... here.

I feel like it sounds like a song... Maybe like a fast rap or something.
@Raan All right. I have a million excuses for getting to you late. I've been busy, sick, whatever, but I guess it's time to stop putting this off. I'll spare you the excessively long speech, so here's your lore.

(You do not have to pay at all. My apologies for this poor service.)
Quote:
Aileen had always considered Constellation as her mentor. He seemed to understand her. He kept her in the world of shadows, teaching her so much.

She knew how different what Constellation taught her was from what she'd grown up to learn. The stories of the shadow domain, myths and old stories. It was fascinating, and sometimes Aileen wanted to stay there and never leave.

Now that her visits were less and less frequent, the time she had with the old Ridgeback was precious. The route to his home was so familiar to her; it was etched inside her mind.

One day her mother gave her a little time to spare, and Aileen gladly thanked her and rushed off for Constellation's home without a moment's delay. Upon reaching it, however, he did not come out and greet her like he usually did. No "Good morning, Aileen," or "How have you been?"

No sign that he was there.

In her previous visits, Constellation had never been out. He'd always been there. So it was quite odd that he didn't come out.

Aileen rapped on the door, hoping he was just asleep or something.

She waited and waited and waited, and after some peering through windows and listening intently, Aileen had to conclude that Constellation, her mentor, was not there.

Where could he be?

Maybe he doesn't want to meet me anymore.

Aileen didn't want to think the worst of things, so she left, thinking and muttering to herself.

Part of her was not at all ready to go home. She explored the forest around her, searching for a sign of the Ridgeback.

Inspecting every tree and turning every big rock over. She poked around in some caves and searched the forest, but there was no sign at all of her mentor.

As she was looking, and thinking to herself, Aileen spotted a flash of green wings. She turned her head to look, and promptly crashed face-first into a Wildclaw.

He was holding a weathered book that seemed pretty worn out. She couldn't read the words on the spine, but there were some pretty complicated scribbles on the paper.

"Ow," the dragon yelped, jumping aside. "Sorry! Didn't see you there." He regarded her curiously, and a bit suspiciously for a moment, before continuing. "Um. What are you doing here?"

Aileen stared at him for a moment. "Just... looking."

He didn't question her. Aileen could almost hear the gears running inside his head.

Like you said, do you want to write the rest yourself?
@Raan All right. I have a million excuses for getting to you late. I've been busy, sick, whatever, but I guess it's time to stop putting this off. I'll spare you the excessively long speech, so here's your lore.

(You do not have to pay at all. My apologies for this poor service.)
Quote:
Aileen had always considered Constellation as her mentor. He seemed to understand her. He kept her in the world of shadows, teaching her so much.

She knew how different what Constellation taught her was from what she'd grown up to learn. The stories of the shadow domain, myths and old stories. It was fascinating, and sometimes Aileen wanted to stay there and never leave.

Now that her visits were less and less frequent, the time she had with the old Ridgeback was precious. The route to his home was so familiar to her; it was etched inside her mind.

One day her mother gave her a little time to spare, and Aileen gladly thanked her and rushed off for Constellation's home without a moment's delay. Upon reaching it, however, he did not come out and greet her like he usually did. No "Good morning, Aileen," or "How have you been?"

No sign that he was there.

In her previous visits, Constellation had never been out. He'd always been there. So it was quite odd that he didn't come out.

Aileen rapped on the door, hoping he was just asleep or something.

She waited and waited and waited, and after some peering through windows and listening intently, Aileen had to conclude that Constellation, her mentor, was not there.

Where could he be?

Maybe he doesn't want to meet me anymore.

Aileen didn't want to think the worst of things, so she left, thinking and muttering to herself.

Part of her was not at all ready to go home. She explored the forest around her, searching for a sign of the Ridgeback.

Inspecting every tree and turning every big rock over. She poked around in some caves and searched the forest, but there was no sign at all of her mentor.

As she was looking, and thinking to herself, Aileen spotted a flash of green wings. She turned her head to look, and promptly crashed face-first into a Wildclaw.

He was holding a weathered book that seemed pretty worn out. She couldn't read the words on the spine, but there were some pretty complicated scribbles on the paper.

"Ow," the dragon yelped, jumping aside. "Sorry! Didn't see you there." He regarded her curiously, and a bit suspiciously for a moment, before continuing. "Um. What are you doing here?"

Aileen stared at him for a moment. "Just... looking."

He didn't question her. Aileen could almost hear the gears running inside his head.

Like you said, do you want to write the rest yourself?
1 2 3 4