Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Starwood Editing & Review :: Closed
1 2
[columns][item=Stardust Sap Lamp][nextcol][center][size=7][color=darkmagenta][b]Starwood Editing & Review[/b][/color][/size][/center][nextcol][item=Stardust Sap Lamp][/columns] [rule] [rule] [center][b][size=5]Closed[/size][/b][/center] [center][color=darkmagenta][b]Starwood Editing & Review[/b][/color] provides line editing, copyediting, and reviews.[/center]   [u]Starwood Editing[/u] will edit up to 500 words (or 5 manuscript style pages for reviews) of any work for any Flight Rising currency. Anything over 500 words (or 5 manuscript pages for reviews) must be paid with real life currency (RLC). [list]  [*]Current Gem Conversion Rate: 830 Treasure to 1 Gem [/list]
Stardust Sap Lamp
Starwood Editing & Review
Stardust Sap Lamp

Closed
Starwood Editing & Review provides line editing, copyediting, and reviews.

Starwood Editing will edit up to 500 words (or 5 manuscript style pages for reviews) of any work for any Flight Rising currency. Anything over 500 words (or 5 manuscript pages for reviews) must be paid with real life currency (RLC).

• Current Gem Conversion Rate: 830 Treasure to 1 Gem
[indent] [columns][item=Stardust Sap Lamp][nextcol][size=7][color=darkmagenta][b]Services & Prices[/b][/color][/size][nextcol][item=Stardust Sap Lamp][/columns] [/indent] [center][size=4][i]Copyediting[/i][/size][/center] Copyediting is largely based around grammatical, spelling, and style-guide issues. I will remark on diction, plot, and characterization only if it pertains to the readability of the text.   [size=4][i]Copyediting Prices[/i][/size] First 500 words: 10 gold per word After 500 words: 0.02USD per word [size=4][i]Style Guides[/i][/size] [list] [*]Please choose a style guide listed below. If you do not chose one, I will be using [u]Chicago Manual of Style, 17th Edition[/u]. [*]If you require a style guide that is not listed below, you will have to provide me with the guide. [*]All of the style guides I use are from the United States, so please keep that in mind when ordering copyediting.  [/list] [u]Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition[/u]: The 16th editiong is most often used in history, journalism, anthropology, and related fields. This style guide is also used in fiction publishing, although most publishing houses have their own modifications to the guide.   [u]Chicago Manual of Style 17th Edition[/u]: This is the most recent edition of the Chicago Manual of Style, used in history, journalism, anthropology, and related fields.   [u]MLA Handbook 8th Edition[/u]: The Modern Language Association's style guide is often used for literature, cultural and media studies. The handbook is generally used for students and citation purposes.   [u]APA Manual 6th Edition[/u]: The APA manual is most often used for social and behavioral studies, focusing on issues of multiple authors, relaying number-based results, and using non-biased language wherever possible.   [rule] [center][size=4][i]Line Editing[/i][/size][/center] Line editing is concerned with plot, characterization, pacing, diction, research, and large-scale issues in a written work. Grammar, spelling, and adherence to a style guide are secondary in favor of overarching issues. [size=4][i]Line Editing Prices[/i][/size] First 500 Words: 15 gold per word After 500 Words: 0.03USD per word   [rule] [center][size=4][i]Reviews[/i][/size][/center] Reviews are summaries of concerns and achievements in paragraph form. A review details a reader's impression of plot, characters, and themes. Diction, grammar, and adherence to style guides are only mentioned if they interefere with first-impressions. For authors interested in formal publication, reviews can also assess where an author is on the road to publication.   [size=4][i]Review Prices[/i][/size] First 5 Pages: 5 gold per word After 5 Pages: 0.02USD per word Pages are determined by manuscript style: 250 words per page
Stardust Sap Lamp Services & Prices Stardust Sap Lamp
Copyediting
Copyediting is largely based around grammatical, spelling, and style-guide issues. I will remark on diction, plot, and characterization only if it pertains to the readability of the text.

Copyediting Prices
First 500 words: 10 gold per word
After 500 words: 0.02USD per word

Style Guides
  • Please choose a style guide listed below. If you do not chose one, I will be using Chicago Manual of Style, 17th Edition.
  • If you require a style guide that is not listed below, you will have to provide me with the guide.
  • All of the style guides I use are from the United States, so please keep that in mind when ordering copyediting.

Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition: The 16th editiong is most often used in history, journalism, anthropology, and related fields. This style guide is also used in fiction publishing, although most publishing houses have their own modifications to the guide.

Chicago Manual of Style 17th Edition: This is the most recent edition of the Chicago Manual of Style, used in history, journalism, anthropology, and related fields.

MLA Handbook 8th Edition: The Modern Language Association's style guide is often used for literature, cultural and media studies. The handbook is generally used for students and citation purposes.

APA Manual 6th Edition: The APA manual is most often used for social and behavioral studies, focusing on issues of multiple authors, relaying number-based results, and using non-biased language wherever possible.

Line Editing
Line editing is concerned with plot, characterization, pacing, diction, research, and large-scale issues in a written work. Grammar, spelling, and adherence to a style guide are secondary in favor of overarching issues.

Line Editing Prices
First 500 Words: 15 gold per word
After 500 Words: 0.03USD per word

Reviews
Reviews are summaries of concerns and achievements in paragraph form. A review details a reader's impression of plot, characters, and themes. Diction, grammar, and adherence to style guides are only mentioned if they interefere with first-impressions. For authors interested in formal publication, reviews can also assess where an author is on the road to publication.

Review Prices
First 5 Pages: 5 gold per word
After 5 Pages: 0.02USD per word
Pages are determined by manuscript style: 250 words per page
[indent][indent] [columns][item=Stardust Sap Lamp][nextcol][center][size=7][color=darkmagenta][b]Payment[/b][/color][/size][nextcol][item=Stardust Sap Lamp][/columns] [/indent][/indent] [b]Payment Schedule[/b] I accept half payment at the beginning of the service and half payment at the end of the service. [b]Flight Rising Specific[/b] I can only work with Flight Rising currency up to 500 words per work. If you would like dragon biographies edited, each dragon counts as its own work. If each biography is under 500 words, I will gladly edit each dragon's biography!   [b]Partial Works[/b] I will also edit partial works. If you would like to pay solely in Flight Rising currency, but the work is over 500 words, I will gladly edit whichever 500 words you choose.   [b]Longer Works[/b] If a work is longer than 500 words, payment must be made with real life currency (RLC). The first 500 words of a work may be paid in Flight Rising currency, with the remainder of the work paid in RLC.   [b]Receiving your Comments & Edits[/b] If your work is already posted online, I will send you all my comments and corrections through PM on Flight Rising.   If your work is not online, you will need to email me your work. When I have finished my services, I will email you a .docx with Track Changes activated. If you would like another file type, please inform me. Please note sending files requires giving me your email address, so only choose this option if you are comfortable sending me your email address.
Stardust Sap Lamp
Payment
Stardust Sap Lamp
Payment Schedule
I accept half payment at the beginning of the service and half payment at the end of the service.

Flight Rising Specific
I can only work with Flight Rising currency up to 500 words per work. If you would like dragon biographies edited, each dragon counts as its own work. If each biography is under 500 words, I will gladly edit each dragon's biography!

Partial Works
I will also edit partial works. If you would like to pay solely in Flight Rising currency, but the work is over 500 words, I will gladly edit whichever 500 words you choose.

Longer Works
If a work is longer than 500 words, payment must be made with real life currency (RLC). The first 500 words of a work may be paid in Flight Rising currency, with the remainder of the work paid in RLC.

Receiving your Comments & Edits
If your work is already posted online, I will send you all my comments and corrections through PM on Flight Rising.

If your work is not online, you will need to email me your work. When I have finished my services, I will email you a .docx with Track Changes activated. If you would like another file type, please inform me. Please note sending files requires giving me your email address, so only choose this option if you are comfortable sending me your email address.
[indent][indent][indent] [columns][item=Stardust Sap Lamp][nextcol][size=7][color=darkmagenta][b]Rules[/b][/color][/size][nextcol][item=Stardust Sap Lamp][/columns] [/indent][/indent][/indent] [list] [*]Please note that I am located in the United States. Your data and information will be stored in a US based computer. [*]If you are paying with RLC, please note I only accept payments from clients over 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, please have your guardians email me.   [*]If you are paying with RLC, I will send you a more specific PM or email (depending on your choice) describing the scope of my work, how you will be charged for it, and the specifics of confidentiality.   [*]All copyright on editorial marks is mine until you complete payment. Once payment is completed, all copyright on my marks reverts to you, and you may use them freely in your work. This rule applies to both RLC and Flight Rising Currency.   [*]You may not use my services to make a plagiarized work appear not to be plagiarized. [*]I will not edit works which break the terms of service of this site. If your work contains subject matter which breaks the terms of use of Flight Rising, I recommend finding an off-site editor.   [*]I delete all contact information and your work stored on my computer in April of the following year. I keep receipt of RLC payment (and identifying information which is a part of the receipt) indefinitely. [*]If you agree to these rules and policies, type "I agree" into the Buyer's Form below. [/list]
Stardust Sap Lamp Rules Stardust Sap Lamp
  • Please note that I am located in the United States. Your data and information will be stored in a US based computer.
  • If you are paying with RLC, please note I only accept payments from clients over 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, please have your guardians email me.

• If you are paying with RLC, I will send you a more specific PM or email (depending on your choice) describing the scope of my work, how you will be charged for it, and the specifics of confidentiality.

• All copyright on editorial marks is mine until you complete payment. Once payment is completed, all copyright on my marks reverts to you, and you may use them freely in your work. This rule applies to both RLC and Flight Rising Currency.

• You may not use my services to make a plagiarized work appear not to be plagiarized.
  • I will not edit works which break the terms of service of this site. If your work contains subject matter which breaks the terms of use of Flight Rising, I recommend finding an off-site editor.

• I delete all contact information and your work stored on my computer in April of the following year. I keep receipt of RLC payment (and identifying information which is a part of the receipt) indefinitely.
  • If you agree to these rules and policies, type "I agree" into the Buyer's Form below.
[indent][indent] [columns][item=Stardust Sap Lamp][nextcol][center][size=7][color=darkmagenta][b]Buyer's Form[/b][/color][/size][/center][nextcol][item=Stardust Sap Lamp][/columns] [/indent][/indent] [b]Username[/b]: Please add your username here. [b]Service[/b]: Which service would you like? Copyediting, Line Editing, or Review? [b]Word Count[/b]: Please use an automated word counter. I will check as well. Before payment or work begins, I will confirm the word count and price with you. [b]Manuscript Link, Etc.[/b]: I will accept your work over Flight Rising's PM system, a link to the work somewhere on the internet, or as an email attachment. [b]Please do not list your personal email here. I will PM you if you choose the email option.[b]   [code] [b]Username[/b]: [b]Service[/b]: [b]Word Count[/b]: [b]Manuscript Link, Etc.[/b]: [b]Agreement:[/b] [/code]
Stardust Sap Lamp
Buyer's Form
Stardust Sap Lamp
Username: Please add your username here.
Service: Which service would you like? Copyediting, Line Editing, or Review?
Word Count: Please use an automated word counter. I will check as well. Before payment or work begins, I will confirm the word count and price with you.
Manuscript Link, Etc.: I will accept your work over Flight Rising's PM system, a link to the work somewhere on the internet, or as an email attachment.
Please do not list your personal email here. I will PM you if you choose the email option.

Code:
[b]Username[/b]: [b]Service[/b]: [b]Word Count[/b]: [b]Manuscript Link, Etc.[/b]: [b]Agreement:[/b]
[Bump!]

The latest version of the APA Publication Manual is the 6th edition, published in 2009. Several revisions to the 6th edition have been published since then.
[Bump!]

The latest version of the APA Publication Manual is the 6th edition, published in 2009. Several revisions to the 6th edition have been published since then.
[Bump!]

The latest version of the MLA Handbook is the 8th edition, published in 2016.
[Bump!]

The latest version of the MLA Handbook is the 8th edition, published in 2016.
[Bump]

The latest version of the Chicago Manual of Style is the 17th edition, published in 2017.
[Bump]

The latest version of the Chicago Manual of Style is the 17th edition, published in 2017.
[Bump!]

Although the 17th edition of the Chicago Manual of Style is the newest, many publishers still use the 16th edition as their base style guide.
[Bump!]

Although the 17th edition of the Chicago Manual of Style is the newest, many publishers still use the 16th edition as their base style guide.
[Bump!]

The MLA Manual is typically used in publications focusing on humanities studies, including literature, culture, and media studies.
[Bump!]

The MLA Manual is typically used in publications focusing on humanities studies, including literature, culture, and media studies.
1 2