Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Frigidfin Expedition 2023
Always get so sad when they count "6am Server Time" as part of the 11th. I get that it's technically part of the 11th, but seeing as how it's less than half of the server day, it's frustrating sometimes. Especially when I forget that, figure that I'll have all day to gather things after being gone for the entire event, and then realize that I missed it all. I only got one scene from the, like, hour I had at the start of the event to grind in the coli.
Always get so sad when they count "6am Server Time" as part of the 11th. I get that it's technically part of the 11th, but seeing as how it's less than half of the server day, it's frustrating sometimes. Especially when I forget that, figure that I'll have all day to gather things after being gone for the entire event, and then realize that I missed it all. I only got one scene from the, like, hour I had at the start of the event to grind in the coli.
jt3PpxV.png

57IQneR.png
VA1XCHD.png
tumblr_inline_muyatr50kb1r2ctmi.png

7047518a37213b98173b65a97a99bc48af10aa58.png
@vehemourn i've seen very few people demanding that staff worked over the weekend, most replies to this thread about the familiar drops are simply 'the drop rate felt off, can that be checked/was it meant to be low?'. this is a perfectly reasonable thing to ask about a 4 day event especially as not everyone has oodles of free time to grind coli where they were described as 'commonly dropped'

of course people are just going off 'vibes'/what they experienced (and comparison to past experiences), that's why they're asking 'was the drop rate funcitoning as intended?'. if you compare this thread to past frigid fin expedition ones there are a lot more 'this didn't feel right' comments. there are zero comments on the familiar drop rate in the thread from last year for example, which i imagine people are comparing this event to

i'm glad rng and the fest were productive for you but it seems it was not for a lot of people, who are left to wonder if this is by design or if there's been a lot of bad luck around!
@vehemourn i've seen very few people demanding that staff worked over the weekend, most replies to this thread about the familiar drops are simply 'the drop rate felt off, can that be checked/was it meant to be low?'. this is a perfectly reasonable thing to ask about a 4 day event especially as not everyone has oodles of free time to grind coli where they were described as 'commonly dropped'

of course people are just going off 'vibes'/what they experienced (and comparison to past experiences), that's why they're asking 'was the drop rate funcitoning as intended?'. if you compare this thread to past frigid fin expedition ones there are a lot more 'this didn't feel right' comments. there are zero comments on the familiar drop rate in the thread from last year for example, which i imagine people are comparing this event to

i'm glad rng and the fest were productive for you but it seems it was not for a lot of people, who are left to wonder if this is by design or if there's been a lot of bad luck around!
raccoon.png
[quote name="Xaphrinel" date="2023-12-11 17:44:21" ] [quote name="MissK" date="2023-12-11 15:16:41" ] [quote name="TardigradeRaiser" date="2023-12-11 11:50:41" ] [quote name="Xaphrinel" date="2023-12-10 22:55:06" ] Never had an event before where I had to go buy because the RNG was so borked. I spent the hours in the coli, gathered in fish. . . Coli dropped one. But what really gets me is the lack of dev response. ANY response. Been playing here for a long time and the disappointment is strong. [/quote] What could they say apart "tough luck" ? [/quote] Even if there was no fix to the drop rate, a confirmation that it's working as intended (and clearly is lower than last year) would be better than uncertainty since there have been numerous talks about it. And considering that event familiars were dropping from other gathering regions too and not just fishing, which is a mistake per the announcement post, people have reason to be concerned that something else might have gone wrong too. I'm a bit surprised nobody from staff acknowledged at least the gathering issue, honestly. [/quote] This, this exactly. I wasn't saying I wanted them to fix it and give me things. . . just respond. And while I don't expect it, a 'everything was working as intended' would have been answer enough. As for the people yelling about us asking them to work weekends. . . let me just point out that we don't determine when they hold these events. Putting an event on a weekend with new anything is them [i]volunteering[/i] to work the weekend, in case of issues as that is [i]always[/i] a potential with new things. Yes, it will be back next year. . . but a year is a long time. Getting a response was not an unreasonable expectation in the slightest. [/quote] holiday is over weekend because of users – when first even was on (plant one?), not many players could get on to play it so they moved it into weekend, as well... weekend if off day for most of people. still yeah, someone should maybe keep an eye for day or two just in case things go wrong (I think it happened before with one NOTN, they had to activate extra gathering turns day later or something)
Xaphrinel wrote on 2023-12-11 17:44:21:
MissK wrote on 2023-12-11 15:16:41:
TardigradeRaiser wrote on 2023-12-11 11:50:41:
Xaphrinel wrote on 2023-12-10 22:55:06:
Never had an event before where I had to go buy because the RNG was so borked. I spent the hours in the coli, gathered in fish. . . Coli dropped one.

But what really gets me is the lack of dev response. ANY response.
Been playing here for a long time and the disappointment is strong.

What could they say apart "tough luck" ?

Even if there was no fix to the drop rate, a confirmation that it's working as intended (and clearly is lower than last year) would be better than uncertainty since there have been numerous talks about it. And considering that event familiars were dropping from other gathering regions too and not just fishing, which is a mistake per the announcement post, people have reason to be concerned that something else might have gone wrong too. I'm a bit surprised nobody from staff acknowledged at least the gathering issue, honestly.

This, this exactly. I wasn't saying I wanted them to fix it and give me things. . . just respond. And while I don't expect it, a 'everything was working as intended' would have been answer enough.

As for the people yelling about us asking them to work weekends. . . let me just point out that we don't determine when they hold these events. Putting an event on a weekend with new anything is them volunteering to work the weekend, in case of issues as that is always a potential with new things.

Yes, it will be back next year. . . but a year is a long time. Getting a response was not an unreasonable expectation in the slightest.

holiday is over weekend because of users – when first even was on (plant one?), not many players could get on to play it so they moved it into weekend, as well... weekend if off day for most of people. still yeah, someone should maybe keep an eye for day or two just in case things go wrong (I think it happened before with one NOTN, they had to activate extra gathering turns day later or something)
WIhgWqV.png yeetWr77RAu.png
yeet
you
see
mE
wHy
yeet hYZxkBA.gif
I never got the Narwin Fisher... Thinking about buying one since I need it for my whale collection but they are still 60g at AH and I only have 30 so far
I never got the Narwin Fisher... Thinking about buying one since I need it for my whale collection but they are still 60g at AH and I only have 30 so far
oie-28191318-N9y-Of7-I5.gifoie-28224116-MWz-GZg-OL.gifoie-4151826-Su5-R07uc.gifoie-415468-H5-Tm6q-Ww.gifoie-4153256fk-Hp-QLSc.gif
Each day I did all the daily tasks and grinded around an hour per day in the coli with no luck on the narwins. Judging by the price of them on the AH, and the number of people here with my same experience, something was definitely “fishy” with the drops this time around.
Each day I did all the daily tasks and grinded around an hour per day in the coli with no luck on the narwins. Judging by the price of them on the AH, and the number of people here with my same experience, something was definitely “fishy” with the drops this time around.
YRqsZ7c.png
hael/dante | 23 | enkindle (#88808)

06xk8gV.pngJ7D1quC.pngMesq6uj.png
1vAtYxM.pngbMfSZRv.pngVDqpTLf.png
xXXQ8Kz.pngAQPJNOh.pngHxL61bT.png
a VgKHukX.png
[quote name="TheMamba" date="2023-12-12 03:16:13" ] I never got the Narwin Fisher... Thinking about buying one since I need it for my whale collection but they are still 60g at AH and I only have 30 so far [/quote] @TheMamba I have two Narwin fishers, but not the Narwin harvester, I’m willing to trade one to you as long as it’s a good trade!
TheMamba wrote on 2023-12-12 03:16:13:
@TheMamba
I have two Narwin fishers, but not the Narwin harvester, I’m willing to trade one to you as long as it’s a good trade!
[quote name="fover" date="2023-12-11 04:47:41" ] after countless hours of grinding each day i finally got both the narwins, literally got 5 familiars during the 5 days, insane. if anyone would like a narwin harvester lmk :3 got an extra 1 [/quote] If the offer is still up could I have the Narwin harvester? That’s the only one I didn’t get :/
fover wrote on 2023-12-11 04:47:41:
after countless hours of grinding each day i finally got both the narwins, literally got 5 familiars during the 5 days, insane. if anyone would like a narwin harvester lmk :3 got an extra 1
If the offer is still up could I have the Narwin harvester? That’s the only one I didn’t get :/
[quote name="bexbox" date="2023-12-12 11:26:26" ] [quote name="TheMamba" date="2023-12-12 03:16:13" ] I never got the Narwin Fisher... Thinking about buying one since I need it for my whale collection but they are still 60g at AH and I only have 30 so far [/quote] @TheMamba I have two Narwin fishers, but not the Narwin harvester, I’m willing to trade one to you as long as it’s a good trade! [/quote] Thanks so much for the offer! I actually got one in the meantime but I appreciate it ^^
bexbox wrote on 2023-12-12 11:26:26:
TheMamba wrote on 2023-12-12 03:16:13:
@TheMamba
I have two Narwin fishers, but not the Narwin harvester, I’m willing to trade one to you as long as it’s a good trade!

Thanks so much for the offer! I actually got one in the meantime but I appreciate it ^^
oie-28191318-N9y-Of7-I5.gifoie-28224116-MWz-GZg-OL.gifoie-4151826-Su5-R07uc.gifoie-415468-H5-Tm6q-Ww.gifoie-4153256fk-Hp-QLSc.gif
i kinda reached late this news xD was getting hyped hahah
i kinda reached late this news xD was getting hyped hahah
CqurqsJ.png
Please come by and tell be how I could improve this dragon card generator =D
It's focused on Coli dragons but useful for other types too!
Thanks!
xUgBziz.png
Belated question, but will the Narwins return next year?
I missed the festival. :(
Belated question, but will the Narwins return next year?
I missed the festival. :(