Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Flameforger's Festival 2023
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Flameo, Flameforgers! Excellent holiday items~
Flameo, Flameforgers! Excellent holiday items~
13590084.png

Our ancient forests need protecting.
They are worth more standing.
[quote name="Glaslianth" date="2023-08-27 16:38:44" ] [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-08-27 15:53:19" ] genuinely not trying to be a **** but seriously the more i look at them the more the new genes look like they're missing colors - they're SO flat compared to some of the fire themed apparel or even fire primal can we get some dev confirmation that this is how it's supposed to look or that there's something wrong with it? there's not even a gradient to it like the wisps or halo - it's just all base color and then shading(?)/a darker color [/quote] [size=2]I wholeheartedly agree. All of the festival genes so far feel a bit bland- I understand the design choice to replicate the primal eyes, but so far, it's felt flat. Thundercrack and Flameforger also both don't really resemble their respective elements all that much, imo. Flame in particular doesn't look like fire, at all- it's far too spiky and sharp. Thunder's glow effect feels too wide, and makes the image too busy. Brightshine is alright, but still seems a little bit weak. I do wish there was more detail or elemental resemblance.[/size] [/quote] i know it's only been a few days but i'm putting off on buying the flameforger genes because i don't want them if they're just going to look like that... but i don't want to miss out if they're not actually supposed to look like that and aren't going to be fixed until after the festival like again i'm sorry they don't even match fire primal and then like see it compared to fire, the actual color; it doesn't even remotely look the same [size=2]previewed on hatchlings because they're bigger[/size] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=48&tertgene=196&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=a0b719bd94e137d688d20012e6e3c6b5cf8f0c12&dummyext=prev.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=20&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=48&tertgene=197&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=7bae02913ff7dd05f1aec31c77992b853a0fa651&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center]
Glaslianth wrote on 2023-08-27 16:38:44:
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-08-27 15:53:19:
genuinely not trying to be a **** but seriously the more i look at them the more the new genes look like they're missing colors - they're SO flat compared to some of the fire themed apparel or even fire primal

can we get some dev confirmation that this is how it's supposed to look or that there's something wrong with it?

there's not even a gradient to it like the wisps or halo - it's just all base color and then shading(?)/a darker color

I wholeheartedly agree.
All of the festival genes so far feel a bit bland- I understand the design choice to replicate the primal eyes, but so far, it's felt flat.
Thundercrack and Flameforger also both don't really resemble their respective elements all that much, imo. Flame in particular doesn't look like fire, at all- it's far too spiky and sharp. Thunder's glow effect feels too wide, and makes the image too busy. Brightshine is alright, but still seems a little bit weak. I do wish there was more detail or elemental resemblance.
i know it's only been a few days but i'm putting off on buying the flameforger genes because i don't want them if they're just going to look like that... but i don't want to miss out if they're not actually supposed to look like that and aren't going to be fixed until after the festival

like again i'm sorry they don't even match fire primal and then like see it compared to fire, the actual color; it doesn't even remotely look the same
previewed on hatchlings because they're bigger

dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=48&tertgene=196&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=a0b719bd94e137d688d20012e6e3c6b5cf8f0c12&dummyext=prev.pngdragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=20&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=48&tertgene=197&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=7bae02913ff7dd05f1aec31c77992b853a0fa651&dummyext=prev.png
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
A very happy Flameforger's Festival from a former Fire flight member! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/13271015][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/132711/13271015_350.png[/img][/url]
A very happy Flameforger's Festival from a former Fire flight member!

13271015_350.png
CSlUWkg.png
Happy flamefest everyone c: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56409084][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/564091/56409084_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50408260][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/504083/50408260_350.png[/img][/url]
Happy flamefest everyone c:
56409084_350.png
50408260_350.png
arcanebottom.png
[center] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/v2clwnd6xkmvf6x/firetop.png[/img] [size=7][color=orange]Happy Flameforger's Festival![/color][/size] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nb3br8wrhn4wvbz/firebottom.png[/img] [/center]
firetop.png
Happy Flameforger's Festival!
firebottom.png
cbQdPvX.png
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-08-30 04:35:25" ] [quote name="Glaslianth" date="2023-08-27 16:38:44" ] [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-08-27 15:53:19" ] genuinely not trying to be a **** but seriously the more i look at them the more the new genes look like they're missing colors - they're SO flat compared to some of the fire themed apparel or even fire primal can we get some dev confirmation that this is how it's supposed to look or that there's something wrong with it? there's not even a gradient to it like the wisps or halo - it's just all base color and then shading(?)/a darker color [/quote] [size=2]I wholeheartedly agree. All of the festival genes so far feel a bit bland- I understand the design choice to replicate the primal eyes, but so far, it's felt flat. Thundercrack and Flameforger also both don't really resemble their respective elements all that much, imo. Flame in particular doesn't look like fire, at all- it's far too spiky and sharp. Thunder's glow effect feels too wide, and makes the image too busy. Brightshine is alright, but still seems a little bit weak. I do wish there was more detail or elemental resemblance.[/size] [/quote] i know it's only been a few days but i'm putting off on buying the flameforger genes because i don't want them if they're just going to look like that... but i don't want to miss out if they're not actually supposed to look like that and aren't going to be fixed until after the festival like again i'm sorry they don't even match fire primal and then like see it compared to fire, the actual color; it doesn't even remotely look the same [size=2]previewed on hatchlings because they're bigger[/size] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=48&tertgene=196&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=a0b719bd94e137d688d20012e6e3c6b5cf8f0c12&dummyext=prev.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=20&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=48&tertgene=197&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=7bae02913ff7dd05f1aec31c77992b853a0fa651&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [/quote] Personally I think the gene looks cool, but in regards to your comparison of the gene not matching primal with the fire colour, I think that's because the colour fire is much more orange than fire primal, while a more yellow orange (marigold in this example) matches because there's a lot more yellow orange than orange orange in fire primal, if that makes sense lol [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=75&tertgene=196&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=b7acb6f17753ba70d3d1699591b470bb8ca66571&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Also, don't worry too much about missing out on the genes, even if you hold off buying them this year it says in the first post that the genes and scenes will return! [quote]This year the Apparel and Familiar item will cycle into Joxar's Spare Inventory Crates as per usual, while the Genes and Scene will return each subsequent year for future Flameforger's Festivals in Festive Favors.[/quote]
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-08-30 04:35:25:
Glaslianth wrote on 2023-08-27 16:38:44:
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-08-27 15:53:19:
genuinely not trying to be a **** but seriously the more i look at them the more the new genes look like they're missing colors - they're SO flat compared to some of the fire themed apparel or even fire primal

can we get some dev confirmation that this is how it's supposed to look or that there's something wrong with it?

there's not even a gradient to it like the wisps or halo - it's just all base color and then shading(?)/a darker color

I wholeheartedly agree.
All of the festival genes so far feel a bit bland- I understand the design choice to replicate the primal eyes, but so far, it's felt flat.
Thundercrack and Flameforger also both don't really resemble their respective elements all that much, imo. Flame in particular doesn't look like fire, at all- it's far too spiky and sharp. Thunder's glow effect feels too wide, and makes the image too busy. Brightshine is alright, but still seems a little bit weak. I do wish there was more detail or elemental resemblance.
i know it's only been a few days but i'm putting off on buying the flameforger genes because i don't want them if they're just going to look like that... but i don't want to miss out if they're not actually supposed to look like that and aren't going to be fixed until after the festival

like again i'm sorry they don't even match fire primal and then like see it compared to fire, the actual color; it doesn't even remotely look the same
previewed on hatchlings because they're bigger

dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=48&tertgene=196&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=a0b719bd94e137d688d20012e6e3c6b5cf8f0c12&dummyext=prev.pngdragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=20&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=48&tertgene=197&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=7bae02913ff7dd05f1aec31c77992b853a0fa651&dummyext=prev.png

Personally I think the gene looks cool, but in regards to your comparison of the gene not matching primal with the fire colour, I think that's because the colour fire is much more orange than fire primal, while a more yellow orange (marigold in this example) matches because there's a lot more yellow orange than orange orange in fire primal, if that makes sense lol

dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=18&element=11&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=75&tertgene=196&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=b7acb6f17753ba70d3d1699591b470bb8ca66571&dummyext=prev.png

Also, don't worry too much about missing out on the genes, even if you hold off buying them this year it says in the first post that the genes and scenes will return!
Quote:
This year the Apparel and Familiar item will cycle into Joxar's Spare Inventory Crates as per usual, while the Genes and Scene will return each subsequent year for future Flameforger's Festivals in Festive Favors.
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mrRenVJ.png
@Ceylar pinging you because the post is long - i do know what you mean by the actual color "fire" being a much darker color that doesn't necessarily match the fire primal, and that lighter colors would match better BUT i meant more that the gene lacks the flame gradient that almost all fire/fire inspired apparel and genes on the site has - the way the lighting is done on the gene, not to mention the lack of a multicolor gradient makes it look incredibly flat, and colors that we expect of it like grapefruit, copper/rust, and radioactive to name a few are especially severely lacking apparel examples: [item=will o' the ember][item=conflagrant halo][item=Will o' the Wisp][item=Fire Aura]
@Ceylar pinging you because the post is long - i do know what you mean by the actual color "fire" being a much darker color that doesn't necessarily match the fire primal, and that lighter colors would match better BUT

i meant more that the gene lacks the flame gradient that almost all fire/fire inspired apparel and genes on the site has - the way the lighting is done on the gene, not to mention the lack of a multicolor gradient makes it look incredibly flat, and colors that we expect of it like grapefruit, copper/rust, and radioactive to name a few are especially severely lacking

apparel examples:

Will o' the Ember Conflagrant Halo Will o' the Wisp Fire Aura
41328.png -
Candy Coated Dragons
@hungryhobbits I also get what you mean, but on one hand I kinda feel it's unfair to compare genes to apparel (even line breaking genes) because there's a lot less restrictions in general on apparel. And this is purely a personal opinion but tbh I like that this particular gene is a little less colourful and more flat than other genes. If it did have a gradient I have a feeling I'd find it much less versatile, as I imagine it'd either have a gradient like fade/blend or gilders, both of which can be extremely hit or miss imo, and more often than not I find the gradient more annoying to work with, though that's a me issue lol

I can completely understand why you'd want a gradient tho! But I do agree that having a bit of a 'glow' might be nice (thinking similar to firefly) and wouldn't be too difficult either as it's a line breaking tert already
@hungryhobbits I also get what you mean, but on one hand I kinda feel it's unfair to compare genes to apparel (even line breaking genes) because there's a lot less restrictions in general on apparel. And this is purely a personal opinion but tbh I like that this particular gene is a little less colourful and more flat than other genes. If it did have a gradient I have a feeling I'd find it much less versatile, as I imagine it'd either have a gradient like fade/blend or gilders, both of which can be extremely hit or miss imo, and more often than not I find the gradient more annoying to work with, though that's a me issue lol

I can completely understand why you'd want a gradient tho! But I do agree that having a bit of a 'glow' might be nice (thinking similar to firefly) and wouldn't be too difficult either as it's a line breaking tert already
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mrRenVJ.png
[quote name="@Ceylar" date="2023-08-30 16:15:05" ] @/hungryhobbits I also get what you mean, but on one hand I kinda feel it's unfair to compare genes to apparel (even line breaking genes) because there's a lot less restrictions in general on apparel. And this is purely a personal opinion but tbh I like that this particular gene is a little less colourful and more flat than other genes. If it did have a gradient I have a feeling I'd find it much less versatile, as I imagine it'd either have a gradient like fade/blend or gilders, both of which can be extremely hit or miss imo, and more often than not I find the gradient more annoying to work with, though that's a me issue lol I can completely understand why you'd want a gradient tho! But I do agree that having a bit of a 'glow' might be nice (thinking similar to firefly) and wouldn't be too difficult either as it's a line breaking tert already [/quote] yeah i'm just not sure how to make it look more flame like without having at least 2 colors in it where one isn't the shading, because to me atm it looks like weird hair a glow might be nice too, like a light highlight on the body or something idk as it stands, personally, it feels very unfinished. but i'm sure eventually i'll see a dragon with it that i just gotta have
@Ceylar wrote on 2023-08-30 16:15:05:
@/hungryhobbits I also get what you mean, but on one hand I kinda feel it's unfair to compare genes to apparel (even line breaking genes) because there's a lot less restrictions in general on apparel. And this is purely a personal opinion but tbh I like that this particular gene is a little less colourful and more flat than other genes. If it did have a gradient I have a feeling I'd find it much less versatile, as I imagine it'd either have a gradient like fade/blend or gilders, both of which can be extremely hit or miss imo, and more often than not I find the gradient more annoying to work with, though that's a me issue lol

yeah i'm just not sure how to make it look more flame like without having at least 2 colors in it where one isn't the shading, because to me atm it looks like weird hair

a glow might be nice too, like a light highlight on the body or something

idk as it stands, personally, it feels very unfinished. but i'm sure eventually i'll see a dragon with it that i just gotta have
41328.png -
Candy Coated Dragons
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74878305][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/748784/74878305_350.png[/img][/url]
74878305_350.png
9hqcHsy.png
1vAtYxM.png
kSsCpBU.png
VDqpTLf.png
CfyODjg.png
OETsgJU.png
y0rbHJY.png
CQ7Bbrl.png
kCHWEjf.png
2VtxnMX.png
t7CcZoC.png