Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
@0scar123456789 On your concern of it being fair, I just wrote an extensive post explaining why it's actually not all that geared towards the rich players. I would quote the relevant section of it, but it's pretty long because there's a lot of math and I'm very wordy.

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2510405/83#post_34951907
@0scar123456789 On your concern of it being fair, I just wrote an extensive post explaining why it's actually not all that geared towards the rich players. I would quote the relevant section of it, but it's pretty long because there's a lot of math and I'm very wordy.

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2510405/83#post_34951907
7j2QAB9.png stained glass rose badge nCFIQSX.png 2IfV7Y9.png
1111k tickets sold

Good job treasure sink Roundsey, you're doing a great job!
1111k tickets sold

Good job treasure sink Roundsey, you're doing a great job!
marina_small_by_wesleart_by_bombswan-db2x2ss.png
@Aundonia This is the closest I can get [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=125&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=5&winggene=2&wings=109&auth=b5b86f0b5d9ee71b5603d77f3260b44237488ec8&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Pistachio Skink, Bubblegum Stripes, Pearl Underbelly
@Aundonia This is the closest I can get

dragon?age=1&body=125&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=5&winggene=2&wings=109&auth=b5b86f0b5d9ee71b5603d77f3260b44237488ec8&dummyext=prev.png

Pistachio Skink, Bubblegum Stripes, Pearl Underbelly
*1117k tickets sold*

*buys 5 tickets* yeah that's good enough
*1117k tickets sold*

gligar-f.gif genesect.gif mawile.gif
thats good .but how i do?
thats good .but how i do?
[quote name="0scar123456789" date="2018-08-22 22:23:49" ] This is pretty neat, though I have never been a big fan of raffles, especially raffles that allow you to buy and infinite number of tickets. It becomes something similar to a pay-to-win situation. I feel that it becomes unfair because newer players, who have less treasure will have a considerable less chance of win in comparison to some people who can simply buy tons and tons of gems and transfer those gems into treasure. Newer players, or players who have trouble obtaining treasures may only be able to purchase one of five tickets, while a rich player maybe able to buy several hundreds of tickets, raising their chances to an ungodly level. Please explain to me how THAT is fair? I think instead, there should be a limiting number of tickets players are able to purchase. This would make the raffle a whole lot more fair. Perhaps only one ticket per account? Or even 3 or 5 is ok. I'm also not really a big fan of the new Trading Post. Yes, while it is just a little bit easier to see and navigate, I feel it takes away from the experience the old one had. It felt like you where there, actually navigating around the map to each stations. It also takes away from the old art, which I'll miss a lot... The descriptions are nice but... I just miss the art map side of it all. Perhaps maybe make it similar to how the world map works? [/quote] I couldn't agree more, I think not limiting the ticket purchase is stupid and therefore I'm never gonna play because I'm one of those poor people! The rich have the monopoly and thus will continue to have the advantage! Makes it not very fun! Also I too really really dislike the new look of the Trading Post as well, they do all this talking about improving the world map but completely take away the map look at the TP! Sigh! Not like our opinion matters though!
0scar123456789 wrote on 2018-08-22 22:23:49:
This is pretty neat, though I have never been a big fan of raffles, especially raffles that allow you to buy and infinite number of tickets. It becomes something similar to a pay-to-win situation.

I feel that it becomes unfair because newer players, who have less treasure will have a considerable less chance of win in comparison to some people who can simply buy tons and tons of gems and transfer those gems into treasure. Newer players, or players who have trouble obtaining treasures may only be able to purchase one of five tickets, while a rich player maybe able to buy several hundreds of tickets, raising their chances to an ungodly level. Please explain to me how THAT is fair?

I think instead, there should be a limiting number of tickets players are able to purchase. This would make the raffle a whole lot more fair. Perhaps only one ticket per account? Or even 3 or 5 is ok.

I'm also not really a big fan of the new Trading Post. Yes, while it is just a little bit easier to see and navigate, I feel it takes away from the experience the old one had. It felt like you where there, actually navigating around the map to each stations. It also takes away from the old art, which I'll miss a lot... The descriptions are nice but... I just miss the art map side of it all.

Perhaps maybe make it similar to how the world map works?

I couldn't agree more, I think not limiting the ticket purchase is stupid and therefore I'm never gonna play because I'm one of those poor people! The rich have the monopoly and thus will continue to have the advantage! Makes it not very fun!

Also I too really really dislike the new look of the Trading Post as well, they do all this talking about improving the world map but completely take away the map look at the TP! Sigh! Not like our opinion matters though!
tumblr_static_4rz7u7r8ascg408wgg84co400_640_v2.png
BYE GOLD, IT WAS NICE KNOWING YOU-

god I'm gonna go broke with this- I love it though
BYE GOLD, IT WAS NICE KNOWING YOU-

god I'm gonna go broke with this- I love it though
[quote name="@hoghops" date="2018-08-22 22:55:28" ] *1117k tickets sold* *buys 5 tickets* yeah that's good enough [/quote] You're getting it! It's like real life lottery; while buying more tickets raises your chance a bit, it's really just a bit. And you don't necessarily get the first price. Or anything at all. I bought like 30 tickets and that's enough for me; probably even when the prices are something I'd really want I wouldn't go past 500-1000 tickets, because the chances of winning doesn't rise that much. @Rookery No problem, and glad if my reply gave ideas. I'm always worried I make myself misunderstood since this isn't my first language and I have a habit of messing up the word order and such. :D
@hoghops wrote on 2018-08-22 22:55:28:
*1117k tickets sold*

You're getting it! It's like real life lottery; while buying more tickets raises your chance a bit, it's really just a bit. And you don't necessarily get the first price.
Or anything at all. I bought like 30 tickets and that's enough for me; probably even when the prices are something I'd really want I wouldn't go past 500-1000 tickets, because the chances of winning doesn't rise that much.

@Rookery
No problem, and glad if my reply gave ideas. I'm always worried I make myself misunderstood since this isn't my first language and I have a habit of messing up the word order and such. :D
@TiffYG2133 It'd actually be quite difficult for the rich to have a monopoly. I did a lot of math in an earlier post (linked higher up on the last page), and you'd have to spend more than 5 million treasure to get even a 1% chance of winning the only prize that is worth more than that amount, and most rich players on FR are unlikely to spend that much every week just to get a 1% chance. Also, even if 50 players spent 5 million treasure each, those players together would still only have less than a 50% chance of winning.
@TiffYG2133 It'd actually be quite difficult for the rich to have a monopoly. I did a lot of math in an earlier post (linked higher up on the last page), and you'd have to spend more than 5 million treasure to get even a 1% chance of winning the only prize that is worth more than that amount, and most rich players on FR are unlikely to spend that much every week just to get a 1% chance. Also, even if 50 players spent 5 million treasure each, those players together would still only have less than a 50% chance of winning.
@Atalina And the rare arcane eyes of course.
@Atalina And the rare arcane eyes of course.
I love and draw dragons and enjoy lore but my writing and art is a hidden mystery for the time being.