Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Rockbreaker's Ceremony 2017
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
i loooove the new apparel!!
i loooove the new apparel!!
tumblr_nl9b5zO8up1ssnvh6o10_1280.png
uhhhh @ ivory carving, i thought you weren't allowed to cover a dragon's eyes with skins or accents?
uhhhh @ ivory carving, i thought you weren't allowed to cover a dragon's eyes with skins or accents?
Ruffled Serpent Ball Python Striped Monitor Corn Snake Conjoined Skink
Happy Rockbreaker's Ceremony to all! Good mood and nice gifts to you <3
Happy Rockbreaker's Ceremony to all! Good mood and nice gifts to you <3
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before (I don't frequent the forums or anything very often, so apologies, also, if this is in the wrong place), but would it be possible to make it a setting, or at least have it as a toggleable account setting, that your default resource gathering will, whenever applicable, switch to the festival theme element?

I know there's a posting on the front page to announce each holiday, but let's be real, not everybody is going to read every announcement before they play every day. Yes, not even the title of the announcement, especially not if they are familiar enough with using the site that they might already be ready to click their first sidebar link before the homepage even loads. Plus, sometimes those listings slip out of immediate view; especially since the font size on this site is TINY, I have to have every single page zoomed in to be able to even navigate the site, and reading is still so uncomfortable that I glaze over any text I can and that definitely includes the homepage updates, so I definitely don't scroll down to catch up on them. And not everyone plays often enough/pays enough attention/wants to put in the extra effort just for an online hobby, to memorize the dates and durations of the holidays as an alternative.

It's just, EVERY time these holidays roll around, I almost always get nearly halfway through the event before I remember to collect any of the darn currency, which means there have been several holidays (being, most of them, plus the ones that I think I've just completely missed for whatever reason) where I had to put two or more years into it before I was able to get even one of the cheaper items.

Having the default being to gather these doesn't seem to offer any unfair advantages or disadvantages to anyone; the only people getting any real benefit from it would already be interested in the holidays, since to reap any benefit, they'd have to notice and go to the store to spend the holiday currency while they still could. And given maybe a better memory or reading abilities, these would be the same people already be collecting them, while also bringing the opportunity to the attention of new players/users who haven't been paying attention, by giving them items with a strange flag that they might then investigate. It also wouldn't auto-give to people who weren't already going through and using their gathering turns, so only active players would get them.

Anyone else maybe have thoughts on this?
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before (I don't frequent the forums or anything very often, so apologies, also, if this is in the wrong place), but would it be possible to make it a setting, or at least have it as a toggleable account setting, that your default resource gathering will, whenever applicable, switch to the festival theme element?

I know there's a posting on the front page to announce each holiday, but let's be real, not everybody is going to read every announcement before they play every day. Yes, not even the title of the announcement, especially not if they are familiar enough with using the site that they might already be ready to click their first sidebar link before the homepage even loads. Plus, sometimes those listings slip out of immediate view; especially since the font size on this site is TINY, I have to have every single page zoomed in to be able to even navigate the site, and reading is still so uncomfortable that I glaze over any text I can and that definitely includes the homepage updates, so I definitely don't scroll down to catch up on them. And not everyone plays often enough/pays enough attention/wants to put in the extra effort just for an online hobby, to memorize the dates and durations of the holidays as an alternative.

It's just, EVERY time these holidays roll around, I almost always get nearly halfway through the event before I remember to collect any of the darn currency, which means there have been several holidays (being, most of them, plus the ones that I think I've just completely missed for whatever reason) where I had to put two or more years into it before I was able to get even one of the cheaper items.

Having the default being to gather these doesn't seem to offer any unfair advantages or disadvantages to anyone; the only people getting any real benefit from it would already be interested in the holidays, since to reap any benefit, they'd have to notice and go to the store to spend the holiday currency while they still could. And given maybe a better memory or reading abilities, these would be the same people already be collecting them, while also bringing the opportunity to the attention of new players/users who haven't been paying attention, by giving them items with a strange flag that they might then investigate. It also wouldn't auto-give to people who weren't already going through and using their gathering turns, so only active players would get them.

Anyone else maybe have thoughts on this?
@hyperdelirium I do agree that bit would be nice to be automatically swapped to the flight's searching grounds in which all the festival currency is located, but is it really that hard to know when there is a festival? It says at the top of the site when a festival is going on, and it's kind of hard to miss. I think this is more a you problem than a site-wide thing. I don't memorize dates, I just know that the festivals are at the end of the month, and as that time nears I look out for it. It's not that difficult. And you might need glasses if you don't already have them, the wording size is fine.
@hyperdelirium I do agree that bit would be nice to be automatically swapped to the flight's searching grounds in which all the festival currency is located, but is it really that hard to know when there is a festival? It says at the top of the site when a festival is going on, and it's kind of hard to miss. I think this is more a you problem than a site-wide thing. I don't memorize dates, I just know that the festivals are at the end of the month, and as that time nears I look out for it. It's not that difficult. And you might need glasses if you don't already have them, the wording size is fine.
tumblr_my7hhrJmDO1sr5klvo1_500.gif
I just bought a Spare Inventory Crate, and I don't know where to find it in my hoard. Can somebody help? Thanks.
I just bought a Spare Inventory Crate, and I don't know where to find it in my hoard. Can somebody help? Thanks.
@StormyClouds
It should be in your "Other" tab, like all "chest" items.
@StormyClouds
It should be in your "Other" tab, like all "chest" items.
tumblr_inline_o3yucuamjg1snuovk_500.gif
@hyperdelirium @ShinyLumeo

I have to agree with ShinyLumeo on this. The front page banner changes when each holiday starts. It is clear with the title of the festival, plus the aesthetics of each element. And I don't want to sound rude, please don't get me wrong, but remembering that each holiday is at the last week of each month (except December) seems very easy to me. You don't need to remember specific dates at all.
@hyperdelirium @ShinyLumeo

I have to agree with ShinyLumeo on this. The front page banner changes when each holiday starts. It is clear with the title of the festival, plus the aesthetics of each element. And I don't want to sound rude, please don't get me wrong, but remembering that each holiday is at the last week of each month (except December) seems very easy to me. You don't need to remember specific dates at all.
OPAAAL

neko_emoji_27__being_kawaii___v2__by_jerikuto-d7c24wi.gif
Moosh
Happy Birthday, Deities of FR!!! And me, too ^_^
Happy Birthday, Deities of FR!!! And me, too ^_^
HzGpUHb.png
I totally forgot this was going on. So I only had two days of gathering in this >-> ahhhh. I got enough for the familiar but now I got to get that darn apparel....ahhhh. like 50 more rocks to go!
Gosh dang it. I always forget festivals until the December and January events >-> can't forget those lol
I totally forgot this was going on. So I only had two days of gathering in this >-> ahhhh. I got enough for the familiar but now I got to get that darn apparel....ahhhh. like 50 more rocks to go!
Gosh dang it. I always forget festivals until the December and January events >-> can't forget those lol
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34