Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 3rd Anniversary Celebration!
1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 187 188
I maybe new BUT F**K YA
I maybe new BUT F**K YA
Happy anniversary everyone! :D
Happy anniversary everyone! :D
zdkBiZa.png
Check out my adoptables shop!
Happy 3rd Anniversary Flight Rising!
Happy 3rd Anniversary Flight Rising!
Xv5yNtr.gif
Yes!!
I actually have a batch of 4 eggs hatching tomorrow, I get to see these new colors in action!
:)
Yes!!
I actually have a batch of 4 eggs hatching tomorrow, I get to see these new colors in action!
:)
.* any pronouns | +3 fr *.
just a simple monster enthusiast
Bottom.png
Happy 3rd year! Here's to many more :)

Thank you for incorporating vistas, too!
Happy 3rd year! Here's to many more :)

Thank you for incorporating vistas, too!
1kz7OWt.png
Happy Third Anniversary!! :D
Happy Third Anniversary!! :D
omg happy birthday!
omg happy birthday!
center]UZVTEBc.png[/center]
[br][br][size=4][b]Our Most Humble Thanks[/b][/size] [i]Flight Rising[/i] is [b]three years old[/b] as of today, and it would not be where it is without you: our players. Some of you have been here since the very beginning, sticking with us through growth we did not anticipate. Many of you have watched our site evolve from humble beginnings and mature into a living, breathing world. All of you are responsible with how wonderful the world of Sornieth has become, and we wouldn't have made it this far without your support. [br][br][size=4][b]Colors, Colors, Colors![/b][/size] Some of you may not know this, but when we were planning the launch of [i]Flight Rising[/i], the range of possible dragon gene colors was [b]only 47[/b]! After our tremendously successful Kickstarter campaign, that number grew to the 67 colors that are available today. When we started out, gene art production was extremely time-consuming: each file had to be generated [b]by hand[/b], and as the number of breeds and gene types started to grow, it started to become very difficult to complete these in a timely manner. Over the last year we made incredible strides toward automating a lot of this process, allowing our artists to spend more time creating interesting gene designs, rather than spending it on the recoloring process. This automation has proven to be so effective that it is allowing us to [b]expand our current palette from 67 to 177[/b] - over [i]double[/i] what was available before! Dragons across the realm will start to take on many more varieties of color combinations, which we believe will both invigorate the economy as well as player breeding goals. Starting today, the expanded color options will be immediately available through the following activities: [LIST] [*][b]Breeding dragons[/b] [*][b]Opening Unhatched Egg items[/b] [*][b]Applying Tri-Color (or Clanbound) Scatterscrolls[/b] [/LIST] To remain fair to our current players, we are locking "first dragon creation" during account creation to the original palette of 67. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/dropbox/howodd/177_turquoise.jpg][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/3rd_anniv_colorwheel_small.png[/img][/url][/center] [br][br][size=4][b]Color Changes & Corrections[/b][/size] We understand that there are a few art bugs with the launch of the color wheel, and we will be taking care of those issues as quickly as possible. When reporting color wheel-related bugs to us, please help us by [b]consolidating your reports in the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug]bug reports forum[/url].[/b] Thank you! [b]Known issues that will be corrected:[/b] [LIST] [*]Iridescent and Shimmer's sheen is at incorrect brightness. [*]Underbelly covers additional areas in some breeds. [*]Fae Female Crystal and Facet have a rainbow lair at incorrect opacity. [*]Gold Crystal and Facet are using an incorrect color palette. [*]The accent color on hickory/cyan seraph is incorrect. [/LIST] [b]Intended Changes:[/b] [LIST] [*]All colors (with the exception of Iridescent & Shimmer, which are still colored by hand) have been uniformly standardized ac

Our Most Humble Thanks
Flight Rising is three years old as of today, and it would not be where it is without you: our players. Some of you have been here since the very beginning, sticking with us through growth we did not anticipate. Many of you have watched our site evolve from humble beginnings and mature into a living, breathing world. All of you are responsible with how wonderful the world of Sornieth has become, and we wouldn't have made it this far without your support.

Colors, Colors, Colors!
Some of you may not know this, but when we were planning the launch of Flight Rising, the range of possible dragon gene colors was only 47! After our tremendously successful Kickstarter campaign, that number grew to the 67 colors that are available today. When we started out, gene art production was extremely time-consuming: each file had to be generated by hand, and as the number of breeds and gene types started to grow, it started to become very difficult to complete these in a timely manner.

Over the last year we made incredible strides toward automating a lot of this process, allowing our artists to spend more time creating interesting gene designs, rather than spending it on the recoloring process.

This automation has proven to be so effective that it is allowing us to expand our current palette from 67 to 177 - over double what was available before! Dragons across the realm will start to take on many more varieties of color combinations, which we believe will both invigorate the economy as well as player breeding goals. Starting today, the expanded color options will be immediately available through the following activities:

• Breeding dragons
  • Opening Unhatched Egg items
  • Applying Tri-Color (or Clanbound) Scatterscrolls

To remain fair to our current players, we are locking "first dragon creation" during account creation to the original palette of 67.

3rd_anniv_colorwheel_small.png

Color Changes & Corrections
We understand that there are a few art bugs with the launch of the color wheel, and we will be taking care of those issues as quickly as possible. When reporting color wheel-related bugs to us, please help us by consolidating your reports in the bug reports forum. Thank you!

Known issues that will be corrected:
  • Iridescent and Shimmer's sheen is at incorrect brightness.
  • Underbelly covers additional areas in some breeds.
  • Fae Female Crystal and Facet have a rainbow lair at incorrect opacity.
  • Gold Crystal and Facet are using an incorrect color palette.
  • The accent color on hickory/cyan seraph is incorrect.

Intended Changes:
  • All colors (with the exception of Iridescent & Shimmer, which are still colored by hand) have been uniformly standardized ac
screams excitedly
happy 3rd anniversary flight rising!!
screams excitedly
happy 3rd anniversary flight rising!!
guys how do I put pictures up here
guys how do I put pictures up here
1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 187 188