Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Rogue Apparel and Baldwin 11
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 76 77
[quote name="FrigidFable" date=2015-10-10 08:27:51] [quote name="xanswerxthatx" date=2015-10-10 08:19:22] [quote name="FrigidFable" date=2015-10-10 07:58:31] You need to STOP this baldwin crap! It's so freaking expensive and so freaking hard to level up and people don't stop to think about how difficult it is when they are selling the items at REDICULOUS prices! SLOW DOWN [/quote] @FrigidFable I've been capped since the Starfall Celebration, and I'm sure others have been for far longer. It's silly to make anything at that point since you don't get xp for it. Anything that is higher level is going to take a while to make (even for me I can't make some of the things) and that's fine. But there's no need to slow it down when that many people are waiting for it to be updated. It's not too hard if you transmute enough things to have ingredients for some items, and the xp does add up. [/quote] It's too bad that not all of us can earn treasure up the ying yang to afford making things in Baldwin that has the most exp. OR have the sickening amount of time in front of the screen to catch the timers consecutively. [/quote] Wow, okay. I'm at level 8 and I'm never sitting around waiting for the timer. Also, how on earth is anything in Baldwin's Brew that expensive? 5,000 treasure is [i]NOTHING[/i], and that's one of the higher level things I could brew. It's really not that hard to just check Baldwin every once in a while, throw some food or something in there, and come back in half an hour. If you're that desperate to get there as soon as the timer is up, set a timer on your phone or alarm clock or whatever you have that can do that. Watch something that's about 30 minutes. It takes money to earn money, really. I spent thousands on expensive items and dragons, and I managed to get 1 million treasure by not impulse-buying everything once I had spent a lot (still using Baldwin too, btw). Trade what you can at the trading post, gather for items you can use in Baldwin's Brew (you don't need rare items for stuff like Blue Goo or Gold Muck), sell Gilded Chests for at least 30k in treasure, and so many other things that can bring in some sort of income. If you think Baldwin is hard, try saving up for lair expansions! Point is, it sounds like you're complaining when you're not trying that hard. And it's not like these things are going to go away. Over time, most of these items become really cheap in the AH (I brewed some Rubber Laboratory Gloves, but there's no point in selling them as the LAH is 10k in treasure). It takes a long time. Some people are still only at level 2, and they're not complaining.
FrigidFable wrote on 2015-10-10:
xanswerxthatx wrote on 2015-10-10:
You need to STOP this baldwin crap! It's so freaking expensive and so freaking hard to level up and people don't stop to think about how difficult it is when they are selling the items at REDICULOUS prices! SLOW DOWN

@FrigidFable

I've been capped since the Starfall Celebration, and I'm sure others have been for far longer. It's silly to make anything at that point since you don't get xp for it. Anything that is higher level is going to take a while to make (even for me I can't make some of the things) and that's fine. But there's no need to slow it down when that many people are waiting for it to be updated. It's not too hard if you transmute enough things to have ingredients for some items, and the xp does add up.

It's too bad that not all of us can earn treasure up the ying yang to afford making things in Baldwin that has the most exp. OR have the sickening amount of time in front of the screen to catch the timers consecutively.

Wow, okay.
I'm at level 8 and I'm never sitting around waiting for the timer. Also, how on earth is anything in Baldwin's Brew that expensive? 5,000 treasure is NOTHING, and that's one of the higher level things I could brew. It's really not that hard to just check Baldwin every once in a while, throw some food or something in there, and come back in half an hour. If you're that desperate to get there as soon as the timer is up, set a timer on your phone or alarm clock or whatever you have that can do that. Watch something that's about 30 minutes.

It takes money to earn money, really. I spent thousands on expensive items and dragons, and I managed to get 1 million treasure by not impulse-buying everything once I had spent a lot (still using Baldwin too, btw). Trade what you can at the trading post, gather for items you can use in Baldwin's Brew (you don't need rare items for stuff like Blue Goo or Gold Muck), sell Gilded Chests for at least 30k in treasure, and so many other things that can bring in some sort of income. If you think Baldwin is hard, try saving up for lair expansions!

Point is, it sounds like you're complaining when you're not trying that hard. And it's not like these things are going to go away. Over time, most of these items become really cheap in the AH (I brewed some Rubber Laboratory Gloves, but there's no point in selling them as the LAH is 10k in treasure). It takes a long time. Some people are still only at level 2, and they're not complaining.
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Okay, THESE ARE FANTASTIC
Okay, THESE ARE FANTASTIC
"Here lies Scout. He rAN and dIEd."
Woooooooo! I'll need a full set of the rogue stuff now. //rip wallet
Woooooooo! I'll need a full set of the rogue stuff now. //rip wallet
MVxSTuW.jpg
This is what I've been waiting for!
This is what I've been waiting for!
wb_choco.pngK2soLRu.png6x9oPGe.pngVl8ccQX.gif
Cute!
The only thing is I don't think that pants go with dragons.
:/
Cute!
The only thing is I don't think that pants go with dragons.
:/
Jenefar and Becky

Meepcow and Clawfall

Together we are.......

BECKYFAR
Cool! I really love how the hoods work, very nice!
Cool! I really love how the hoods work, very nice!

Midnight Oil Lamp

— he/him
— FR+2
— doing my silly little tasks
avi
Love the new items and the color variations!

Hehehehehe
time to get some of the more outrageously coloured stuff as shame apparel for my dragons that produce one egg this season eve"
Love the new items and the color variations!

Hehehehehe
time to get some of the more outrageously coloured stuff as shame apparel for my dragons that produce one egg this season eve"
I'm pleased that the cap has been risen! Been waiting for quite a while for that!
I'm pleased that the cap has been risen! Been waiting for quite a while for that!
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
NEED. RIGHT. NOW.
NEED. RIGHT. NOW.
[quote name="FrigidFable" date=2015-10-10 08:27:51] [quote name="xanswerxthatx" date=2015-10-10 08:19:22] [quote name="FrigidFable" date=2015-10-10 07:58:31] You need to STOP this baldwin crap! It's so freaking expensive and so freaking hard to level up and people don't stop to think about how difficult it is when they are selling the items at REDICULOUS prices! SLOW DOWN [/quote] I've been capped since the Starfall Celebration, and I'm sure others have been for far longer. It's silly to make anything at that point since you don't get xp for it. Anything that is higher level is going to take a while to make (even for me I can't make some of the things) and that's fine. But there's no need to slow it down when that many people are waiting for it to be updated. It's not too hard if you transmute enough things to have ingredients for some items, and the xp does add up. [/quote] It's too bad that not all of us can earn treasure up the ying yang to afford making things in Baldwin that has the most exp. OR have the sickening amount of time in front of the screen to catch the timers consecutively. [/quote] To catch the timers, you just make a note of when to check the timer. I'm a college student-I've been capped since starfall as well, and I just shove something into the pot once my class is over and occasionally when I'm studying/doing hw. I can guarantee, very few people watch the Baldwin page like you seem to be implying, and it actually benefits people who aren't on all the time since it's a casual thing that only requires 15 seconds per half hour to do.
xanswerxthatx wrote on 2015-10-10:
You need to STOP this baldwin crap! It's so freaking expensive and so freaking hard to level up and people don't stop to think about how difficult it is when they are selling the items at REDICULOUS prices! SLOW DOWN

I've been capped since the Starfall Celebration, and I'm sure others have been for far longer. It's silly to make anything at that point since you don't get xp for it. Anything that is higher level is going to take a while to make (even for me I can't make some of the things) and that's fine. But there's no need to slow it down when that many people are waiting for it to be updated. It's not too hard if you transmute enough things to have ingredients for some items, and the xp does add up.

It's too bad that not all of us can earn treasure up the ying yang to afford making things in Baldwin that has the most exp. OR have the sickening amount of time in front of the screen to catch the timers consecutively.
To catch the timers, you just make a note of when to check the timer. I'm a college student-I've been capped since starfall as well, and I just shove something into the pot once my class is over and occasionally when I'm studying/doing hw. I can guarantee, very few people watch the Baldwin page like you seem to be implying, and it actually benefits people who aren't on all the time since it's a casual thing that only requires 15 seconds per half hour to do.
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 76 77