Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Armor, Drops, Skins, & More
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
[quote name="Negru" date="2014-03-04 17:28:26"]I have been so angry over this so I wanted to let today pass and see how I feel at the end of it. Unfortunatley I feel worse and worse over the WC being retired/cycled out. What frustrates me the most is actually the fact that we weren't told that this was the intention of breed scrolls the moment they were released so that we knew way ahead of time. [b]This is not about the WC, this is about a principle of transparency and communication.[/b] Such decisions have a large impact on the whole community, the way we play, the plans we make, what we invest in and what we choose to do with our dragons. Therefore, they need to be stated clearly [u]at the moment of an item's release[/u]. Otherwise what ends up happening is confusion and fear. I am now quite scared in making any future plans of any kind in this game because I no longer know what to expect from you in the future. I don't know what you will decide to implement next, remove next or delete next therefore any long term plans are no longer feasible. I want to stress that I would [b]not[/b] at all have been upset if you needed money and released a new gem breed scroll that you would have clearly stated is "limited time only".[/quote] Don't you think you might be overreacting a tiny bit here? Who's to say this site is anything like they had originally projected it to be? It's not some stagnant plan following a timeline, its alive with change and growth. I don't see the harm in cycling out these scrolls anyways. Especially seeing as they said CYCLING, not retiring, which means the scroll is likely to come back for limited times or special events. This is in no way going to harm the amount of wildclaws on the site. There is already a huge population that is constantly breeding (theyre practically at exalt prices right now). Getting rid of the scrolls is only going to keep other species from being MADE into wildclaws, not get rid of any of them. Maybe they didn't state outright it was a limited time, but lets be honest here, how often do people know the full intention of something upon the moment its made or released? Unforeseen circumstances and better solutions happen. This is a new site with plenty of room to grow, and for all we know, they could be experimenting to see how this would affect some aspect of the site. You learn the best by doing. They could have just snapped it up as soon as they thought to, but they were kind enough to give us TWO MONTHS notice in advance. That's quite a bit of time.
Negru wrote on 2014-03-04 17:28:26:
I have been so angry over this so I wanted to let today pass and see how I feel at the end of it. Unfortunatley I feel worse and worse over the WC being retired/cycled out.

What frustrates me the most is actually the fact that we weren't told that this was the intention of breed scrolls the moment they were released so that we knew way ahead of time. This is not about the WC, this is about a principle of transparency and communication. Such decisions have a large impact on the whole community, the way we play, the plans we make, what we invest in and what we choose to do with our dragons. Therefore, they need to be stated clearly at the moment of an item's release. Otherwise what ends up happening is confusion and fear. I am now quite scared in making any future plans of any kind in this game because I no longer know what to expect from you in the future. I don't know what you will decide to implement next, remove next or delete next therefore any long term plans are no longer feasible.
I want to stress that I would not at all have been upset if you needed money and released a new gem breed scroll that you would have clearly stated is "limited time only".

Don't you think you might be overreacting a tiny bit here? Who's to say this site is anything like they had originally projected it to be? It's not some stagnant plan following a timeline, its alive with change and growth. I don't see the harm in cycling out these scrolls anyways. Especially seeing as they said CYCLING, not retiring, which means the scroll is likely to come back for limited times or special events. This is in no way going to harm the amount of wildclaws on the site. There is already a huge population that is constantly breeding (theyre practically at exalt prices right now). Getting rid of the scrolls is only going to keep other species from being MADE into wildclaws, not get rid of any of them.

Maybe they didn't state outright it was a limited time, but lets be honest here, how often do people know the full intention of something upon the moment its made or released? Unforeseen circumstances and better solutions happen. This is a new site with plenty of room to grow, and for all we know, they could be experimenting to see how this would affect some aspect of the site. You learn the best by doing. They could have just snapped it up as soon as they thought to, but they were kind enough to give us TWO MONTHS notice in advance. That's quite a bit of time.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
Loving the tail armor! :)
Loving the tail armor! :)
dustlyn_zps88e0a146.png
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2014-03-04 15:46:48"]As we have stated before, content updates like skins, apparel, loot, and familiars are updates that can be completed [i]entirely[/i] by our art team through content management systems that we designed before the site launched. New features, yes, require dedicated work by a member of the coding team. I understand that a drought of features and lingering bugs are a point of frustration for many of you, but we would rather not completely shut down making new content on the art side (considering that the art team are not qualified to make code changes) while we wait for code implementation.[/quote] Absolutely. While the features that require coding are the most interesting and attractive, you have an art team, and it should not be laid off or left idle; what they can do alone still adds interest to the game. [quote name="Negru" date="2014-03-04 17:28:26"]What frustrates me the most is actually the fact that we weren't told that this was the intention of breed scrolls the moment they were released so that we knew way ahead of time. [b]This is not about the WC, this is about a principle of transparency and communication.[/b] Such decisions have a large impact on the whole community, the way we play, the plans we make, what we invest in and what we choose to do with our dragons.[/quote] While I don't fully share your emotions about this event, I was surprised and dismayed, although not angered, for similar reasons. This isn't about the Wildclaw specifically for me; at present, Coatl scrolls are much more attractive than Wildclaw scrolls; but I never expected the scroll to be retired - it never occurred to me that such a thing was even dreamed of, much less part of the design of the game from the start.
Xhaztol wrote on 2014-03-04 15:46:48:
As we have stated before, content updates like skins, apparel, loot, and familiars are updates that can be completed entirely by our art team through content management systems that we designed before the site launched.

New features, yes, require dedicated work by a member of the coding team. I understand that a drought of features and lingering bugs are a point of frustration for many of you, but we would rather not completely shut down making new content on the art side (considering that the art team are not qualified to make code changes) while we wait for code implementation.
Absolutely. While the features that require coding are the most interesting and attractive, you have an art team, and it should not be laid off or left idle; what they can do alone still adds interest to the game.
Negru wrote on 2014-03-04 17:28:26:
What frustrates me the most is actually the fact that we weren't told that this was the intention of breed scrolls the moment they were released so that we knew way ahead of time. This is not about the WC, this is about a principle of transparency and communication. Such decisions have a large impact on the whole community, the way we play, the plans we make, what we invest in and what we choose to do with our dragons.
While I don't fully share your emotions about this event, I was surprised and dismayed, although not angered, for similar reasons. This isn't about the Wildclaw specifically for me; at present, Coatl scrolls are much more attractive than Wildclaw scrolls; but I never expected the scroll to be retired - it never occurred to me that such a thing was even dreamed of, much less part of the design of the game from the start.
DBCSimpleBanner.png
[quote name="EnchantingCurse" date="2014-03-04 17:59:50"]It's not some stagnant plan following a timeline, its alive with change and growth. [/quote] Wow. What site have you been living on lately, because it clearly isn't FR. I want to go live on that site. This one is stagnant and doing no growing of the sort. Nothing is selling, the economy is busted, the gem-to-treasure ratio is insane, and most of the playerbase doesn't see the point in staying anymore. Alive with change and growth. That's funny.
EnchantingCurse wrote on 2014-03-04 17:59:50:
It's not some stagnant plan following a timeline, its alive with change and growth.
Wow. What site have you been living on lately, because it clearly isn't FR. I want to go live on that site. This one is stagnant and doing no growing of the sort. Nothing is selling, the economy is busted, the gem-to-treasure ratio is insane, and most of the playerbase doesn't see the point in staying anymore.

Alive with change and growth. That's funny.
[quote name="FortunaDraken" date="2014-03-04 19:04:52"]Alive with change and growth. That's funny.[/quote] I can understand your bitterness, as the condition of the economy is frustrating. However, on this very thread, we have just received the first glimmer of good news on that front: although they can't yet put a timeline on it, they have revealed that they do feel they are close to the day when registration can be re-opened. That may not work miracles, but it will "fix" the economy to the extent that it [i]can[/i] be fixed. Cycling out the Wildclaw scroll is the kind of change and growth the poster was talking about. It is an unexpected event, and puts a different perspective on the game. Unlike the suggestion I noted from an external fansite, of making new dragons the scrolls for which are only found in drops, I don't think this will be a particularly effective change in making dragons more valuable. Just as a 30% increase in Higher or Lower payouts, or the exalt bonuses, did not effect any radical changes in the game. The site is alive with change and growth, but it's very cautious change and very slow growth. Which is not a bad thing - initial steps should be small, to serve as safe learning experiences. But if what has been learned is not used later to take bigger steps that will get the game to where it is intended to be... [i]then[/i] a complaint is warranted. Now is still the time for patience.
FortunaDraken wrote on 2014-03-04 19:04:52:
I can understand your bitterness, as the condition of the economy is frustrating.

However, on this very thread, we have just received the first glimmer of good news on that front: although they can't yet put a timeline on it, they have revealed that they do feel they are close to the day when registration can be re-opened.

That may not work miracles, but it will "fix" the economy to the extent that it can be fixed.

Cycling out the Wildclaw scroll is the kind of change and growth the poster was talking about. It is an unexpected event, and puts a different perspective on the game.

Unlike the suggestion I noted from an external fansite, of making new dragons the scrolls for which are only found in drops, I don't think this will be a particularly effective change in making dragons more valuable. Just as a 30% increase in Higher or Lower payouts, or the exalt bonuses, did not effect any radical changes in the game.

The site is alive with change and growth, but it's very cautious change and very slow growth. Which is not a bad thing - initial steps should be small, to serve as safe learning experiences. But if what has been learned is not used later to take bigger steps that will get the game to where it is intended to be... then a complaint is warranted.

Now is still the time for patience.
DBCSimpleBanner.png
The amount of distress here surprises me, especially since the scroll is cycling out, not flat out being retired.

Perhaps adding a possible time frame when the scrolls will be cycled back in would help ease peoples' nerves.
The amount of distress here surprises me, especially since the scroll is cycling out, not flat out being retired.

Perhaps adding a possible time frame when the scrolls will be cycled back in would help ease peoples' nerves.
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

@FortunaDraken [quote name="FortunaDraken" date="2014-03-04 19:04:52"][quote name="EnchantingCurse" date="2014-03-04 17:59:50"]It's not some stagnant plan following a timeline, its alive with change and growth. [/quote] Wow. What site have you been living on lately, because it clearly isn't FR. I want to go live on that site. This one is stagnant and doing no growing of the sort. Nothing is selling, the economy is busted, the gem-to-treasure ratio is insane, and most of the playerbase doesn't see the point in staying anymore. Alive with change and growth. That's funny.[/quote] I very strongly disagree with just about everything you've said here. I think if you look at the site from a pessimistic perspective, you're only going to see the worst in it. Things [i]are[/i] selling; you just have to figure out the right things to sell. Dragons [i]are[/i] selling; you just have to accept that people are being picky about the dragons they buy, which is both perfectly fine and reasonable. The site [i]is[/i] growing; you just need to understand that it's not always going to grow in a direction that you're perfectly happy with. The gem-to-treasure ratio is [i]where it should be,[/i] because gems are a premium currency and should not be wildly inexpensive. And most of the playerbase is [i]fine[/i] with these changes and [i]not[/i] quitting because of this news post - which is clear, if you'll go back and reread the responses to this thread and other such threads around the site.
@FortunaDraken
FortunaDraken wrote on 2014-03-04 19:04:52:
EnchantingCurse wrote on 2014-03-04 17:59:50:
It's not some stagnant plan following a timeline, its alive with change and growth.
Wow. What site have you been living on lately, because it clearly isn't FR. I want to go live on that site. This one is stagnant and doing no growing of the sort. Nothing is selling, the economy is busted, the gem-to-treasure ratio is insane, and most of the playerbase doesn't see the point in staying anymore.

I very strongly disagree with just about everything you've said here. I think if you look at the site from a pessimistic perspective, you're only going to see the worst in it. Things are selling; you just have to figure out the right things to sell. Dragons are selling; you just have to accept that people are being picky about the dragons they buy, which is both perfectly fine and reasonable. The site is growing; you just need to understand that it's not always going to grow in a direction that you're perfectly happy with. The gem-to-treasure ratio is where it should be, because gems are a premium currency and should not be wildly inexpensive. And most of the playerbase is fine with these changes and not quitting because of this news post - which is clear, if you'll go back and reread the responses to this thread and other such threads around the site.
Items cycling out?!

Oh boy...

The rush is going to be crazy. I don't know if I support a move like this, because it means that the marketplace is going to be a zoo on the last day. That kind of excited clicking and refreshing might mean trouble for the servers, considering that the load is poorly juggled from time to time when under heavy strain.

It certainly does make things interesting and much more desirable to cycle things out, however.

I just hope the servers can handle it.
Items cycling out?!

Oh boy...

The rush is going to be crazy. I don't know if I support a move like this, because it means that the marketplace is going to be a zoo on the last day. That kind of excited clicking and refreshing might mean trouble for the servers, considering that the load is poorly juggled from time to time when under heavy strain.

It certainly does make things interesting and much more desirable to cycle things out, however.

I just hope the servers can handle it.
[quote name="Undel" date="2014-03-03 22:18:45"] [size=4][b]Additional Updates & Changes[/b][/size] [LIST] [*][b]We have implemented several optimization changes to our backend processes to address site and Coliseum server congestion issues during periods of high site traffic.[/b] [*]The Venomscale Shoulderguard Swipp trade has had its components reduced to 175 nickle ore (down from 200). [/LIST] [/quote] That said, I literally cannot play Coli on Firefox anymore; at some point the animations freeze to under 1 frame per second. When I play on Chrome, it's perfect. Does anyone else have this problem? Not really wanting to bring this to Bug Reports yet, just checking to see if I'm alone (and the problem would probably be on my end) or if it's widespread and I should just use Chrome even though you can't see Enfeeble damage on it until the following battle. x_X
Undel wrote on 2014-03-03 22:18:45:

Additional Updates & Changes
  • We have implemented several optimization changes to our backend processes to address site and Coliseum server congestion issues during periods of high site traffic.
  • The Venomscale Shoulderguard Swipp trade has had its components reduced to 175 nickle ore (down from 200).

That said, I literally cannot play Coli on Firefox anymore; at some point the animations freeze to under 1 frame per second. When I play on Chrome, it's perfect.

Does anyone else have this problem? Not really wanting to bring this to Bug Reports yet, just checking to see if I'm alone (and the problem would probably be on my end) or if it's widespread and I should just use Chrome even though you can't see Enfeeble damage on it until the following battle. x_X
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@quadibloc
"They feel they are close" is just another thing without a set time on it. It's just another way for the admin to wave us off without giving a set time limit. I know that they've said May, but what kind of registration will it be? Will they leave it open? Because that's the only thing that will truly help this site.

@Chaotic
Pessimistic? Hardly. I am the least pessimistic person possible. I have stayed on this site and given words for it, said that I enjoyed it and I trust the admin. I am optimistic to a fault.

But I am also seeing what has happened, and that is what my views are based off. I'm not pessimistic. I'm seeing what I'm seeing.

"Things are selling; you just have to figure out the right things to sell."
Oh I know the right things to sell. But they aren't selling for anywhere near enough, and they aren't selling anywhere near often enough for it to be worth it. I don't have the dragons that would sell if I bred them, and by the time I probably did, it'd be some other combination.
"The site is growing"
Hah. No it isn't. We get items now and then, but there's no growth. We're losing people, not gaining them. The site itself, sure, but it's not enough for the huge playerbase we have.

I don't have time to write more right now, but I know I'm not alone in my views. The playerbase is not entirely happy with this at all. This thread alone proves it, with the large outcry against the WC scrolls. It may be a 50:50 split, but it's still enough to warrent looking over this idea again.

EDIT: @Sylvandyr I have this problem too.
@quadibloc
"They feel they are close" is just another thing without a set time on it. It's just another way for the admin to wave us off without giving a set time limit. I know that they've said May, but what kind of registration will it be? Will they leave it open? Because that's the only thing that will truly help this site.

@Chaotic
Pessimistic? Hardly. I am the least pessimistic person possible. I have stayed on this site and given words for it, said that I enjoyed it and I trust the admin. I am optimistic to a fault.

But I am also seeing what has happened, and that is what my views are based off. I'm not pessimistic. I'm seeing what I'm seeing.

"Things are selling; you just have to figure out the right things to sell."
Oh I know the right things to sell. But they aren't selling for anywhere near enough, and they aren't selling anywhere near often enough for it to be worth it. I don't have the dragons that would sell if I bred them, and by the time I probably did, it'd be some other combination.
"The site is growing"
Hah. No it isn't. We get items now and then, but there's no growth. We're losing people, not gaining them. The site itself, sure, but it's not enough for the huge playerbase we have.

I don't have time to write more right now, but I know I'm not alone in my views. The playerbase is not entirely happy with this at all. This thread alone proves it, with the large outcry against the WC scrolls. It may be a 50:50 split, but it's still enough to warrent looking over this idea again.

EDIT: @Sylvandyr I have this problem too.
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29