Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | Looking for feedback on an idea
Hello everyone :) I'm looking for a bit of advice and feedback on a world of breedable adoptables I've been working on. I'm hoping to make a deviantart/fb page for this if it's popular enough. Everything was hand drawn by me.

The concept is that each "species" is born a different way; 3 from eggs, 4 from pearls, 4 from crystals, and 3 from seeds. This determines if something is breedable or not. Only the same "egg group" can breed. Fish can only breed with other fish and is the only species that can be paid for with in-game currencies. I don't have set prices in mind yet.

Egg Species: Dog, Cat, Bird
Pearl Species: Fish, Snake, Mermaid, Dragon
Crystal Species: Rabbit, Koala, Wolf, Fox
Seed Species: Dryad, Rose (flowers in general), Fairy

There are 3 types of adoptables.

From the shelter/pond (might change shelter to something else) - This is where one can request a basic print (coat, design, color, outfits) It's cheapest because the buyer only chooses the palette.
(Can add 1 basic gene for a fee)

Custom made - Can choose any print/have me work from a prompt. One basic gene is free, others (including limited genes) are available for a fee.

Breeding - Choose any two from the same egg group and I will create a 100% original based on the genes and colors of the "parents". The lineart will be unique and the art style will be more painterly and less cell-shaded. (making these bases was really hard for me). I have the freedom to produce whatever I want (just like real birth) but I do allow the choosing of gender and 2 hints of what you'd prefer from a list. Things like "all genes" or "use x color" that may or may not be on the parents.

When someone requests a breeding, I deliver the "egg" at the time of purchase. This egg resembles the color scheme/theme of the soon to be born adoptable.

At the moment I only have 1 species from each egg group. Fish are it's own egg group.

Koala base Crystal
Cat base Egg (may redo the lineart, it was my first attempt at lining this way.)
Rose base Seed (mandrake, half-naked lady. Kept the sketch on top so her chest would be a bit covered)
Naga Base Pearl
Naga Example
Fish Base Pearl
Koi Fish
Koi Pearl ^

Thanks so much for looking and for any help you can offer :)
If you have any questions, just ask. This idea is still WIP so I may not have all the answers ^^"
Hello everyone :) I'm looking for a bit of advice and feedback on a world of breedable adoptables I've been working on. I'm hoping to make a deviantart/fb page for this if it's popular enough. Everything was hand drawn by me.

The concept is that each "species" is born a different way; 3 from eggs, 4 from pearls, 4 from crystals, and 3 from seeds. This determines if something is breedable or not. Only the same "egg group" can breed. Fish can only breed with other fish and is the only species that can be paid for with in-game currencies. I don't have set prices in mind yet.

Egg Species: Dog, Cat, Bird
Pearl Species: Fish, Snake, Mermaid, Dragon
Crystal Species: Rabbit, Koala, Wolf, Fox
Seed Species: Dryad, Rose (flowers in general), Fairy

There are 3 types of adoptables.

From the shelter/pond (might change shelter to something else) - This is where one can request a basic print (coat, design, color, outfits) It's cheapest because the buyer only chooses the palette.
(Can add 1 basic gene for a fee)

Custom made - Can choose any print/have me work from a prompt. One basic gene is free, others (including limited genes) are available for a fee.

Breeding - Choose any two from the same egg group and I will create a 100% original based on the genes and colors of the "parents". The lineart will be unique and the art style will be more painterly and less cell-shaded. (making these bases was really hard for me). I have the freedom to produce whatever I want (just like real birth) but I do allow the choosing of gender and 2 hints of what you'd prefer from a list. Things like "all genes" or "use x color" that may or may not be on the parents.

When someone requests a breeding, I deliver the "egg" at the time of purchase. This egg resembles the color scheme/theme of the soon to be born adoptable.

At the moment I only have 1 species from each egg group. Fish are it's own egg group.

Koala base Crystal
Cat base Egg (may redo the lineart, it was my first attempt at lining this way.)
Rose base Seed (mandrake, half-naked lady. Kept the sketch on top so her chest would be a bit covered)
Naga Base Pearl
Naga Example
Fish Base Pearl
Koi Fish
Koi Pearl ^

Thanks so much for looking and for any help you can offer :)
If you have any questions, just ask. This idea is still WIP so I may not have all the answers ^^"
@MadaraKeehl

I think this is a very interesting idea. But, I am a little confused. Do people offer their dragon for you to incorporate? Or do we create our own?
@MadaraKeehl

I think this is a very interesting idea. But, I am a little confused. Do people offer their dragon for you to incorporate? Or do we create our own?
@Alcina
My adoptables aren't limited to this site :) If someone wants me to make an adoptable in the likeness of one of their dragons on site, I would gladly do that for them so long as they don't mind using a base I already made :) I'd consider that a custom since I'd be working from a prompt.

That said, I do plan to make 3 dragon bases (serpent, wyvern, elder) for those who would like a dragon. I added planned bases to the top post.
@Alcina
My adoptables aren't limited to this site :) If someone wants me to make an adoptable in the likeness of one of their dragons on site, I would gladly do that for them so long as they don't mind using a base I already made :) I'd consider that a custom since I'd be working from a prompt.

That said, I do plan to make 3 dragon bases (serpent, wyvern, elder) for those who would like a dragon. I added planned bases to the top post.