Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | Apricoots' Imp stand - closed
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
@Apricoots That's a real shame to hear, that's why backups are so important! lol But your computer is alright now I'm assuming? Do you know what it got infected with so it won't happen again? o:

You shouldn't have lost your files in a recovery effort unless you wiped the drive by mistake or the hard drive had failed which only occurs a few ways, like an internal system error that wipes the drive which is fairly rare occurrence depending on the OS, a worm that destroys system files (much more common occurrence), or an actual physical failure in which case you'd need a new hard drive. In any case you should have been able to recover your files if the above cases didn't occur, viruses don't usually cause such issues but not everyone knows how to remove them too. If you ever have a problem like this again, ask a friend or someone you trust to help you fix it that's computer savvy, the first solution doesn't need to be to reinstall the OS, it honestly should be a last resort. I've fixed a lot of computers with problems like this myself with my training and I've always been able to either remove the virus/worm completely or use secondary software+external hard drive with another computer to recover the data so the system can be reinstalled. :)

In either case I hope everything is well now!
@Apricoots That's a real shame to hear, that's why backups are so important! lol But your computer is alright now I'm assuming? Do you know what it got infected with so it won't happen again? o:

You shouldn't have lost your files in a recovery effort unless you wiped the drive by mistake or the hard drive had failed which only occurs a few ways, like an internal system error that wipes the drive which is fairly rare occurrence depending on the OS, a worm that destroys system files (much more common occurrence), or an actual physical failure in which case you'd need a new hard drive. In any case you should have been able to recover your files if the above cases didn't occur, viruses don't usually cause such issues but not everyone knows how to remove them too. If you ever have a problem like this again, ask a friend or someone you trust to help you fix it that's computer savvy, the first solution doesn't need to be to reinstall the OS, it honestly should be a last resort. I've fixed a lot of computers with problems like this myself with my training and I've always been able to either remove the virus/worm completely or use secondary software+external hard drive with another computer to recover the data so the system can be reinstalled. :)

In either case I hope everything is well now!
dragonink_logo2_sig_by_dragonnmr-dbcwpxy.png
@Apricoots
Oh nooo I'd hate to see such a beautiful base lost ;-; have you tried a recovery software? I used one to restore some old pictures I lost to a virus awhile ago.
@Apricoots
Oh nooo I'd hate to see such a beautiful base lost ;-; have you tried a recovery software? I used one to restore some old pictures I lost to a virus awhile ago.
PAfw65w.png
@Apricoots
So sorry to hear about that! I hope your computer is ok!
I'd love to be pinged if you open another adopt shop < 33
@Apricoots
So sorry to hear about that! I hope your computer is ok!
I'd love to be pinged if you open another adopt shop < 33
cRvvrH3.png
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff.
@Apricoots
Is there any way you could recreate the base?
@Apricoots
Is there any way you could recreate the base?
signature_fr_soleillune_by_vampireselene13-d906e30.png
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28