Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Backgrounds
1 2 3
I don't know if this has been suggested before, I sure hope not just for the sake of not getting this thread locked haha With all the cool new vistas we're getting, and now the Scrying Workshop has changed... I sometimes can't believe we don't have backgrounds for our dragons! It would be nice to be able to have the old Scrying Workshop live on with some of our dergs as a backdrop, or just to have a dragon or two permanently chilling in Redrock Cove, or stalking the Ghostlight Ruins. I quickly made up some examples in photoshop, to show what I mean! They're just an idea, and far from perfect (especially in sizing). But I think these could add so much life to dragon profiles, which can seem really bland at times. [img]https://i.imgur.com/6rxxPRw.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/cXMJNJo.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/jkPXACj.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Z3XRnSW.png[/img] Maybe there could be an opacity toggle, so that they could appear more transparent if people desired. And, of course, an option to have no background at all! Maybe we could have unique backgrounds, just like we have so many vistas unique from any other thing on FR (what I mean by that is some are based on coli venues or festivals and such, but others are totally unique, like that new serpent one). Thoughts?
I don't know if this has been suggested before, I sure hope not just for the sake of not getting this thread locked haha

With all the cool new vistas we're getting, and now the Scrying Workshop has changed... I sometimes can't believe we don't have backgrounds for our dragons! It would be nice to be able to have the old Scrying Workshop live on with some of our dergs as a backdrop, or just to have a dragon or two permanently chilling in Redrock Cove, or stalking the Ghostlight Ruins.
I quickly made up some examples in photoshop, to show what I mean! They're just an idea, and far from perfect (especially in sizing). But I think these could add so much life to dragon profiles, which can seem really bland at times.

6rxxPRw.png
cXMJNJo.png
jkPXACj.png
Z3XRnSW.png

Maybe there could be an opacity toggle, so that they could appear more transparent if people desired. And, of course, an option to have no background at all! Maybe we could have unique backgrounds, just like we have so many vistas unique from any other thing on FR (what I mean by that is some are based on coli venues or festivals and such, but others are totally unique, like that new serpent one). Thoughts?
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
I would love backgrounds in coliseum venue style or anything flight related .
Make them drop/Purchaseable with treasure or anything like that.
I would love backgrounds in coliseum venue style or anything flight related .
Make them drop/Purchaseable with treasure or anything like that.
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
ohh i like this. i'd love backgrounds on the dragon page ONLY (like your examples) and not in the full lair view (like i've seen suggested before). definitely would add some spice to what's now just a stark white space.
ohh i like this. i'd love backgrounds on the dragon page ONLY (like your examples) and not in the full lair view (like i've seen suggested before). definitely would add some spice to what's now just a stark white space.
yzUX307.png
I have always supported background, of a huge variety.

I feel it should be a simple item, like all apparel.

Simple, complex, abstract, realistic, plain etc.. all those types would be so wonderful to use to give our dragons more character.

I do think they should be like regular apparel and fill the dragons' bounding box, so that it extends a little under the feet of the dragon etc..

I personally think it would be great if they made a new apparel category, that functioned slightly different to regular apparel (they almost would have to with backgrounds). Call it environmental, it would only have backgrounds and foreground objects, things that do not need to be redrawn for each dragon breed.

IE, flowerfalls and backgrounds would be environmental items and could either be layered behind the dragon or infront. This would mean no layering flowerfalls with other apparel or backgrounds with other apparel, but I personally don't really care about that.
I have always supported background, of a huge variety.

I feel it should be a simple item, like all apparel.

Simple, complex, abstract, realistic, plain etc.. all those types would be so wonderful to use to give our dragons more character.

I do think they should be like regular apparel and fill the dragons' bounding box, so that it extends a little under the feet of the dragon etc..

I personally think it would be great if they made a new apparel category, that functioned slightly different to regular apparel (they almost would have to with backgrounds). Call it environmental, it would only have backgrounds and foreground objects, things that do not need to be redrawn for each dragon breed.

IE, flowerfalls and backgrounds would be environmental items and could either be layered behind the dragon or infront. This would mean no layering flowerfalls with other apparel or backgrounds with other apparel, but I personally don't really care about that.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I like this idea quite a lot! It adds some visual appeal to the dragon pages and is easier on the eyes than all of that white space. I think the opacity toggle or have the backgrounds be fairly desaturated would work nicely so you can still clearly see the dragon on the page.
I like this idea quite a lot! It adds some visual appeal to the dragon pages and is easier on the eyes than all of that white space. I think the opacity toggle or have the backgrounds be fairly desaturated would work nicely so you can still clearly see the dragon on the page.
11/10 support, i think it's an old idea but def a popular one
11/10 support, i think it's an old idea but def a popular one
they/it

art | skins | links | about
Oooh I like this idea! I would love if there was a choice for a dark or light BG though as some Halos show up much better on the darker BG. :D
Oooh I like this idea! I would love if there was a choice for a dark or light BG though as some Halos show up much better on the darker BG. :D
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
I definitely support this, it would be a nice touch to give our dragons some more character ^ ^
I definitely support this, it would be a nice touch to give our dragons some more character ^ ^
| link | they/he | FR+0 |
I'd support backgrounds if they are just solid color backgrounds or scenery from around Sornieth. Similar to the lair headers, coli venues and exalt pillars. No support for patterns or anything random like that. [quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-05-23 13:13:21" ] I personally think it would be great if they made a new apparel category, that functioned slightly different to regular apparel (they almost would have to with backgrounds). Call it environmental, it would only have backgrounds and foreground objects, things that do not need to be redrawn for each dragon breed. IE, flowerfalls and backgrounds would be environmental items and could either be layered behind the dragon or infront. This would mean no layering flowerfalls with other apparel or backgrounds with other apparel, but I personally don't really care about that. [/quote] No support for most of this. Turning a background into an item that can be placed on a dragon? Sure. No support for being able to move it forward or backward. Also no support for creating foreground "items". I think we should stick to apparel and how it's been working. I prefer flower falls and similar items as they are. I wouldn't want them changed.
I'd support backgrounds if they are just solid color backgrounds or scenery from around Sornieth. Similar to the lair headers, coli venues and exalt pillars. No support for patterns or anything random like that.
Jemadar wrote on 2019-05-23 13:13:21:

No support for most of this. Turning a background into an item that can be placed on a dragon? Sure. No support for being able to move it forward or backward. Also no support for creating foreground "items". I think we should stick to apparel and how it's been working. I prefer flower falls and similar items as they are. I wouldn't want them changed.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
It would be cool if each flight had like 2-4 background designs so you could have some slight variants. But I also agree that backgrounds shouldn't become separate items that we could sell; we already have so much apparel!
But I think it would fit in lore-wise if we could give at least some of our dragons could have a background tied to the location of our clan.
It would be cool if each flight had like 2-4 background designs so you could have some slight variants. But I also agree that backgrounds shouldn't become separate items that we could sell; we already have so much apparel!
But I think it would fit in lore-wise if we could give at least some of our dragons could have a background tied to the location of our clan.
xxxxx 569de840d7ab578c646472669b87d8b4347cbeae.png xxx
hello i am robin :)
i'm 28 yrs old
graphix shop
she/her
en/de
23820.png 23859.png 39072.png
1 2 3