Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Legacy eye type
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Support - anything that allows users to customize ALL of their dragons is good by me - and nobody really asked for their dragons to be changed on them entirely.
Support - anything that allows users to customize ALL of their dragons is good by me - and nobody really asked for their dragons to be changed on them entirely.

Support.

At first I was "meh" in terms of legacy eyes. I've not seen too much of change when looking at my own dragons. What was bugging me about the whole eyes thing, was the inability to give my old dragons natural type that I would want them to have, just like I can do with any new gene that comes out.
But, after reading some responses in thread about vials for each natural eye type, I've realized that for some people change of common eyes artwork ruined their "matching eyes" look. Like, I knew about breeding for matching eyes, but I have no idea how far that went, more further than "fire eyes for orange-y hues".
So, now I support this. Although I can't see myself using legacy eye vials, I think that other players should have that opportunity.
Support.

At first I was "meh" in terms of legacy eyes. I've not seen too much of change when looking at my own dragons. What was bugging me about the whole eyes thing, was the inability to give my old dragons natural type that I would want them to have, just like I can do with any new gene that comes out.
But, after reading some responses in thread about vials for each natural eye type, I've realized that for some people change of common eyes artwork ruined their "matching eyes" look. Like, I knew about breeding for matching eyes, but I have no idea how far that went, more further than "fire eyes for orange-y hues".
So, now I support this. Although I can't see myself using legacy eye vials, I think that other players should have that opportunity.
arcane_banner.pngFR time +9 q4Bwlp9.png ueQv8.gif
Developer update, but no news on eyes yet. Still, I’m glad that we’ve got the freedom of customization for changing our dragons to and from the upcoming Ancient breeds!

For Legacy eyes on the new Ancient breeds:

Modern dragons have their genes removed to “Basic” upon breed-changing to an Ancient breed, so Legacy-eyed Modern dragons could have their eye type set to Common upon breed-change. Ancient breeds could get pseudo-Legacy eyes, but they also wouldn’t have any pre-update eye art like Modern breeds that people want back, so it’s not a problem if they only have Common+ for eye types.

It’d be cool to see pseudo-Legacy eyes, but if that’s too much extra work for the art team, we can just have Common+ on new breeds.
Developer update, but no news on eyes yet. Still, I’m glad that we’ve got the freedom of customization for changing our dragons to and from the upcoming Ancient breeds!

For Legacy eyes on the new Ancient breeds:

Modern dragons have their genes removed to “Basic” upon breed-changing to an Ancient breed, so Legacy-eyed Modern dragons could have their eye type set to Common upon breed-change. Ancient breeds could get pseudo-Legacy eyes, but they also wouldn’t have any pre-update eye art like Modern breeds that people want back, so it’s not a problem if they only have Common+ for eye types.

It’d be cool to see pseudo-Legacy eyes, but if that’s too much extra work for the art team, we can just have Common+ on new breeds.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I have no idea how eye types will work with the upcoming dragons lite. Will they even have more than one eye type applicable to them? Will they have to full range of existing and future types? Will they have exclusive types--(Dear Arcanist I hope not!)?

It depends on how things are coded, but if possible, ancient dragons could be excluded from legacy eyes. Then the staff could release legacy eyes for all currently existing dragons and make pseudo-legacy eyes for any new modern dragons only.
I have no idea how eye types will work with the upcoming dragons lite. Will they even have more than one eye type applicable to them? Will they have to full range of existing and future types? Will they have exclusive types--(Dear Arcanist I hope not!)?

It depends on how things are coded, but if possible, ancient dragons could be excluded from legacy eyes. Then the staff could release legacy eyes for all currently existing dragons and make pseudo-legacy eyes for any new modern dragons only.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
If they're planning on coding Ancient exclusive genes, they could definitely flip that code and make Modern exclusive legacy eye vials. It seems doable to me.
If they're planning on coding Ancient exclusive genes, they could definitely flip that code and make Modern exclusive legacy eye vials. It seems doable to me.
jCVhFoZ.gif
I dug up some more old eye art from my tumblr, to add some more comparisons: [b]Legacy Earth on Tundra hatchlings: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/326d9d82c035a8a7bd8d49081e8cafdd/tumblr_nydzyltLd11ujjv4ho1_400.png[/img] New Earth Common:[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=55&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=9&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=62&auth=449df52d029b07a88ff262431cfe4dcd1ba7940d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Colour change, loss of white sclera [b]Legacy Light on Guardian females: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/a2bde6346c881fa6f6cf49b5aad35d6c/tumblr_owa2yzTa6B1ujjv4ho3_400.png[/img] New Light Common:[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=60&bodygene=18&breed=2&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=17&tertgene=14&winggene=12&wings=60&auth=21be51aa2098bf18aa4f1d7e281db0fe200f6705&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Hue changed and shading/pupils lost; eye is larger and flatter with thicker lineart [b]Legacy Wind on PC hatchlings: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e55ba1642dc7b38a62fead32b6f21dc7/tumblr_otzl423twP1ujjv4ho2_400.png[/img] New Wind Common:[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=8&bodygene=5&breed=4&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=75&auth=5a3bb4dac0d22262e9c1add14d467c86e3e347c7&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Loss of white sclera, hue is more yellow; lines are thinner and pupil is smaller [b]Legacy Wind on PC females: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/9dffe7c23dddb851ea2548d84b104ed6/tumblr_otzl423twP1ujjv4ho5_400.png[/img] New Wind Common:[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=8&bodygene=15&breed=4&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=13&winggene=1&wings=75&auth=c9e989e7dabb278763e5ee7c159c7c4020c4aa76&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Loss of shading and white sclera, hue is more yellow; eye appears larger with thicker lines, and pupil is blurry [b]Legacy Ice on Coatl males: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/00e4e3a507c834c7da791aab599a80ba/tumblr_opjqziTC5H1ujjv4ho5_400.png[/img] New Ice Common:[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=26&bodygene=10&breed=12&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=131&tertgene=5&winggene=13&wings=20&auth=cd6446a62221dc019141f6f4b0ca2089f7dbfe04&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Hue change (from white to blue), shading change, thicker lines [b]Legacy Wind on SD females: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/ff8da03e996ec61ec2ca81a266fc35e1/tumblr_oobvc1yazK1ujjv4ho1_400.png[/img] New Wind Common:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21958434] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/219585/21958434_350.png[/img] [/url] Hue is much yellower and eye is much smaller with thicker lines. (This is one of my own dragons; I’m still sad ;;) [b]Legacy Shadow on Tundra males: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/1a1d30a55003a22baa439d8b48fec67a/tumblr_onwyzlZz6j1ujjv4ho2_400.png[/img] New Shadow Common:[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=36&bodygene=11&breed=6&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=166&tertgene=14&winggene=13&wings=166&auth=335b5f39e28464bbe1dcbfd1fde43d5fdd36aa43&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Overall darker; lost white sclera. Shading changed. — Again: The eyes [i]did not need to be standardized[/i]. :( I understand that templates needed to be made for the new tints (Uncommon, etc.), but there was no need to get rid of the old eyes, especially not 5 years into the site after thousands of users had sank months/years of time, effort, and even IRL money (on Gems for Flight changes, genes, accents, etc.) into matching eyes. Legacy vials would remedy this issue perfectly and have no downsides at all. Please, staff?
I dug up some more old eye art from my tumblr, to add some more comparisons:

Legacy Earth on Tundra hatchlings:
tumblr_nydzyltLd11ujjv4ho1_400.png
New Earth Common:

dragon?age=0&body=55&bodygene=0&breed=6&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=9&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=62&auth=449df52d029b07a88ff262431cfe4dcd1ba7940d&dummyext=prev.png
Colour change, loss of white sclera

Legacy Light on Guardian females:
tumblr_owa2yzTa6B1ujjv4ho3_400.png
New Light Common:

dragon?age=1&body=60&bodygene=18&breed=2&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=17&tertgene=14&winggene=12&wings=60&auth=21be51aa2098bf18aa4f1d7e281db0fe200f6705&dummyext=prev.png
Hue changed and shading/pupils lost; eye is larger and flatter with thicker lineart

Legacy Wind on PC hatchlings:
tumblr_otzl423twP1ujjv4ho2_400.png
New Wind Common:

dragon?age=0&body=8&bodygene=5&breed=4&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=75&auth=5a3bb4dac0d22262e9c1add14d467c86e3e347c7&dummyext=prev.png
Loss of white sclera, hue is more yellow; lines are thinner and pupil is smaller

Legacy Wind on PC females:
tumblr_otzl423twP1ujjv4ho5_400.png
New Wind Common:

dragon?age=1&body=8&bodygene=15&breed=4&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=13&winggene=1&wings=75&auth=c9e989e7dabb278763e5ee7c159c7c4020c4aa76&dummyext=prev.png
Loss of shading and white sclera, hue is more yellow; eye appears larger with thicker lines, and pupil is blurry

Legacy Ice on Coatl males:
tumblr_opjqziTC5H1ujjv4ho5_400.png
New Ice Common:

dragon?age=1&body=26&bodygene=10&breed=12&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=131&tertgene=5&winggene=13&wings=20&auth=cd6446a62221dc019141f6f4b0ca2089f7dbfe04&dummyext=prev.png
Hue change (from white to blue), shading change, thicker lines

Legacy Wind on SD females:
tumblr_oobvc1yazK1ujjv4ho1_400.png
New Wind Common:

21958434_350.png

Hue is much yellower and eye is much smaller with thicker lines. (This is one of my own dragons; I’m still sad ;;)

Legacy Shadow on Tundra males:
tumblr_onwyzlZz6j1ujjv4ho2_400.png
New Shadow Common:

dragon?age=1&body=36&bodygene=11&breed=6&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=166&tertgene=14&winggene=13&wings=166&auth=335b5f39e28464bbe1dcbfd1fde43d5fdd36aa43&dummyext=prev.png
Overall darker; lost white sclera. Shading changed.

Again: The eyes did not need to be standardized. :( I understand that templates needed to be made for the new tints (Uncommon, etc.), but there was no need to get rid of the old eyes, especially not 5 years into the site after thousands of users had sank months/years of time, effort, and even IRL money (on Gems for Flight changes, genes, accents, etc.) into matching eyes.

Legacy vials would remedy this issue perfectly and have no downsides at all. Please, staff?
gem.png +4h FR time
Still waiting for some word on this and the Natural eye types. :c

It’s important to avoid crunch, but surely some of the fixes for these issues could be implemented relatively quickly and easily? It would be wonderful to hear some sort of news on this, even if it’s just a simple “We’re aware of these issues and are still considering feedback”.
Still waiting for some word on this and the Natural eye types. :c

It’s important to avoid crunch, but surely some of the fixes for these issues could be implemented relatively quickly and easily? It would be wonderful to hear some sort of news on this, even if it’s just a simple “We’re aware of these issues and are still considering feedback”.
gem.png +4h FR time
It'd be wonderful to see scattervials cycle during the anniversary. That would be the lowest impact release, I think.
It'd be wonderful to see scattervials cycle during the anniversary. That would be the lowest impact release, I think.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
It would be amazing to get a fix for the eyepocalypse this anniversary, it would make a lot of people very happy!

And people will definitely be angry if the anniversary passes by without a single mention of the eyes and the problems they caused. Ancient dragons are cool and all, but this really shouldn't be swept under the rug.
It would be amazing to get a fix for the eyepocalypse this anniversary, it would make a lot of people very happy!

And people will definitely be angry if the anniversary passes by without a single mention of the eyes and the problems they caused. Ancient dragons are cool and all, but this really shouldn't be swept under the rug.
jCVhFoZ.gif
Seems a little misleading that the Guardian in the site banner has a clearly defined pupil, while the ones actually on the site now just have an empty, unshaded marble for an eye.

Bitterness aside, there really was no reason to change things from how they were. "Standardization" wasn't necessary, nor was it asked for. Why is some variation between the eyes of different breeds a bad thing? I understand why we can't just revert the eyes at this point - people have had too long to get attached to the new ones. But why get rid of the old ones altogether, without so much as a warning? I agree with what Ningyo said a few posts ago: there are no downsides to Legacy vials. The art already exists. Players that like the new Common eyes aren't affected. Legacy vials only add the option to have back something we already had. Throw us a bone here, this silence is absurd.
Seems a little misleading that the Guardian in the site banner has a clearly defined pupil, while the ones actually on the site now just have an empty, unshaded marble for an eye.

Bitterness aside, there really was no reason to change things from how they were. "Standardization" wasn't necessary, nor was it asked for. Why is some variation between the eyes of different breeds a bad thing? I understand why we can't just revert the eyes at this point - people have had too long to get attached to the new ones. But why get rid of the old ones altogether, without so much as a warning? I agree with what Ningyo said a few posts ago: there are no downsides to Legacy vials. The art already exists. Players that like the new Common eyes aren't affected. Legacy vials only add the option to have back something we already had. Throw us a bone here, this silence is absurd.
BEPjgXW.png
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58