Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Numbers in Dragon Names
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Stormdragon" date=2017-04-26 19:05:12] This may be harder to mod though, since you could easily write out swear words using numbers. [/quote] Filter evasion can already be done via typos, I'm not sure how adding numbers would be worst.
Stormdragon wrote on 2017-04-26:
This may be harder to mod though, since you could easily write out swear words using numbers.

Filter evasion can already be done via typos, I'm not sure how adding numbers would be worst.
They can easily add new filters, though. I mean for the obvious ones it's a no brainer.

I've seen the staff ban other names in the past after they were used repetitively to bother people.
They can easily add new filters, though. I mean for the obvious ones it's a no brainer.

I've seen the staff ban other names in the past after they were used repetitively to bother people.
Luan_1.png
Signature by the ever talented SpaceOrchid
I support it. I would love to name some dragons with normal letters like Ä,Ö,Ü or so...
I support it. I would love to name some dragons with normal letters like Ä,Ö,Ü or so...
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
The dragons are, as far as I know, known by their ID # throughout the site's code, so I'm not sure how their name having numbers or spaces or apostrophes or dashes or whatever could effect the code.

To people who don't want these names, don't use numbers?

Anyway, I support!
The dragons are, as far as I know, known by their ID # throughout the site's code, so I'm not sure how their name having numbers or spaces or apostrophes or dashes or whatever could effect the code.

To people who don't want these names, don't use numbers?

Anyway, I support!
Nq0eoGi.png
[quote name="Cadash" date=2017-04-27 09:48:43] The dragons are, as far as I know, known by their ID # throughout the site's code, so I'm not sure how their name having numbers or spaces or apostrophes or dashes or whatever could effect the code. [/quote]@Cadash Dragon names consisting only of numbers are not a problem, because the ID is a different column than the dragon name. SQL based characters would need to get escaped against injection attacks, though (but if done right is trivial). I'm still indifferent to this idea. Not fancy about alphanumeric or gibberish names, but why hinder players on naming them like that if it isn't offensive? It's their dragon.
Cadash wrote on 2017-04-27:
@Cadash

Dragon names consisting only of numbers are not a problem, because the ID is a different column than the dragon name. SQL based characters would need to get escaped against injection attacks, though (but if done right is trivial).

I'm still indifferent to this idea. Not fancy about alphanumeric or gibberish names, but why hinder players on naming them like that if it isn't offensive? It's their dragon.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
Full support! We allow some pretty atrocious names already; SparkleFart, buttfarts, and fartass, to name a few...... If we can name our dragons that, we should be able to have numbers ( and spaces please) in their names.
Full support! We allow some pretty atrocious names already; SparkleFart, buttfarts, and fartass, to name a few...... If we can name our dragons that, we should be able to have numbers ( and spaces please) in their names.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
I think having the option to have numbers in dragon names would be nice. I would also love to see the addition of spaces, underscores and/or dashes as possible characters for names.
I think having the option to have numbers in dragon names would be nice. I would also love to see the addition of spaces, underscores and/or dashes as possible characters for names.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
Support, there's no real reason why numbers shouldn't be acceptable since the character limit is described as "alphanumeric"

Numbers are numeric, Squidward
Support, there's no real reason why numbers shouldn't be acceptable since the character limit is described as "alphanumeric"

Numbers are numeric, Squidward
tumblr_static_borrzsxt3s0gkc4w80c8ok4k0.pngtumblr_of3qldbjBv1rxsxifo1_r6_100.png
GOD YES. Please. I've wanted a proper T-800 in my lair forever, but can't do it without numbers. Spaces would be hella too, because I want my dragons to have surnames and "EmberHill" looks dumb wen it could be "Ember Hill."
GOD YES. Please. I've wanted a proper T-800 in my lair forever, but can't do it without numbers. Spaces would be hella too, because I want my dragons to have surnames and "EmberHill" looks dumb wen it could be "Ember Hill."
I also agree. Being able to put numbers in dragon names would be nice. It would allow for easier 'the second's.
I also agree. Being able to put numbers in dragon names would be nice. It would allow for easier 'the second's.
I do art, and stuff.
She/Her | Usually chill | +3 FR Time | Feel free to ping :) | My Avatar
1 2 3 4 5