Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gender Change Scroll
1 2
Hello!

I would like to suggest having a gender change scroll in FR.

Ever saw a beautiful, absolutely breath taking hatchling that you just want to get your hands on, only to have a panic attack freak out (because panic attack is a cringey word) when it's not female/male? To be frank, certain dragon breeds just look better with certain gender, i.e: the female imperial dragons have an elegant post in which their wings are spread, making them more desirable than their male counterparts. Same goes for the female skydancers. Of course, this don't apply to everyone; perhaps you would prefer male imperial dragons because they simply emit the aura of superiority and dominance. (It's a matter of preference.)

Since there are Breed Change Scrolls and even the Scatter Scrolls, I think adding the Gender Change Scroll into the mix is not a bad idea. C: And also because I really want to change some male skydancers into female sky.

Your thoughts?

Edit: Seems like a gender change scroll is really difficult to implement (due to the whole coding system), so what about a post change scroll? I apologise for not thinking thru the whole coding things properly. C:
Hello!

I would like to suggest having a gender change scroll in FR.

Ever saw a beautiful, absolutely breath taking hatchling that you just want to get your hands on, only to have a panic attack freak out (because panic attack is a cringey word) when it's not female/male? To be frank, certain dragon breeds just look better with certain gender, i.e: the female imperial dragons have an elegant post in which their wings are spread, making them more desirable than their male counterparts. Same goes for the female skydancers. Of course, this don't apply to everyone; perhaps you would prefer male imperial dragons because they simply emit the aura of superiority and dominance. (It's a matter of preference.)

Since there are Breed Change Scrolls and even the Scatter Scrolls, I think adding the Gender Change Scroll into the mix is not a bad idea. C: And also because I really want to change some male skydancers into female sky.

Your thoughts?

Edit: Seems like a gender change scroll is really difficult to implement (due to the whole coding system), so what about a post change scroll? I apologise for not thinking thru the whole coding things properly. C:
tumblr_o87303dwJs1tegfv5o1_500.png
Sorry the closest I would support would be a Pose change scroll in which the actual sex of the dragon is untouched, it just uses the opposite sex's art.

1. The coding for this would probably require recoding a good portion of the site due to how things are displayed.

2. This is at its core a breeding game and there needs to be some roadblocks in the way of getting your 'perfect dragon', other wise this becomes a 'grab a random dragon off the AH and scroll it'.

3. There are already a great many dragons in the economy, we don't really need to introduce more ways to add even more in.

4. Breed change and Gene change scrolls are different in that they are the only way to introduce new breeds and genes to existing dragons. We don't need to introduce new sexes to the existing dragons so they really can't be compared to a sex change scroll. Scatter Scrolls are a gamble in that it scatters all three colors and there are currently 177? colors each slot could get. There are only two sexes so a sex change scroll can't be compared to a scatter scroll as there isn't a gamble involved.

5. This game is already pretty easy to find dragons in specific combos of breed, genes, colors, and sex. Chances are if it doesn't exist now, it will soon, and if it is a rarer combo then it isn't that hard to breed for it. The only true challenge is time and waiting. Otherwise gaining pretty much any combo is fairly easy. A few months ago I saw a gorgeous baby coatl, Violet, Blue, Royal, Iri/Shim/Glim I went looking for one of my own and couldn't find any that were for sale, and very few on site. A month or two ago I went looking again, and found a Violet/Blue/Blue Iri/Shim/Gem female that I bought to start my own breeding project, then went looking for a male and found a Violet/Blue/Royal Iri/Shim/Underbelly male coatl for sale. Yet for weeks before that there weren't any of that color combo up for sale, or any even close to it, yet on the same day I bought two coatls of that color or very close to it, and two of the genes were even the right genes.

As I said earlier, I would support a pose change scroll that changes nothing but the line art, everything else would stay the same, so a female dragon, even if it is using the male lineart, would still only be able to breed with males.
Sorry the closest I would support would be a Pose change scroll in which the actual sex of the dragon is untouched, it just uses the opposite sex's art.

1. The coding for this would probably require recoding a good portion of the site due to how things are displayed.

2. This is at its core a breeding game and there needs to be some roadblocks in the way of getting your 'perfect dragon', other wise this becomes a 'grab a random dragon off the AH and scroll it'.

3. There are already a great many dragons in the economy, we don't really need to introduce more ways to add even more in.

4. Breed change and Gene change scrolls are different in that they are the only way to introduce new breeds and genes to existing dragons. We don't need to introduce new sexes to the existing dragons so they really can't be compared to a sex change scroll. Scatter Scrolls are a gamble in that it scatters all three colors and there are currently 177? colors each slot could get. There are only two sexes so a sex change scroll can't be compared to a scatter scroll as there isn't a gamble involved.

5. This game is already pretty easy to find dragons in specific combos of breed, genes, colors, and sex. Chances are if it doesn't exist now, it will soon, and if it is a rarer combo then it isn't that hard to breed for it. The only true challenge is time and waiting. Otherwise gaining pretty much any combo is fairly easy. A few months ago I saw a gorgeous baby coatl, Violet, Blue, Royal, Iri/Shim/Glim I went looking for one of my own and couldn't find any that were for sale, and very few on site. A month or two ago I went looking again, and found a Violet/Blue/Blue Iri/Shim/Gem female that I bought to start my own breeding project, then went looking for a male and found a Violet/Blue/Royal Iri/Shim/Underbelly male coatl for sale. Yet for weeks before that there weren't any of that color combo up for sale, or any even close to it, yet on the same day I bought two coatls of that color or very close to it, and two of the genes were even the right genes.

As I said earlier, I would support a pose change scroll that changes nothing but the line art, everything else would stay the same, so a female dragon, even if it is using the male lineart, would still only be able to breed with males.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support. Things would have be recoded to allow this such, as the way parents are displayed on a dragon's profile etc, and frankly I think it's too late in the game's life to change things to make this work.

I'd be in favour of a pose change scroll so you can use the opposite sex's art and have it look like you have a female instead of a male if you prefer the opposite sex's art or whatever.
No support. Things would have be recoded to allow this such, as the way parents are displayed on a dragon's profile etc, and frankly I think it's too late in the game's life to change things to make this work.

I'd be in favour of a pose change scroll so you can use the opposite sex's art and have it look like you have a female instead of a male if you prefer the opposite sex's art or whatever.
forumsig7_by_adder_snake_bite-d9p3buh.png
Unless the Imp in question was Gen 1, or even Gen 2, I can assure you that this desirable hatchling would be less expensive to breed for than to buy a gender change scroll for.
Unless the Imp in question was Gen 1, or even Gen 2, I can assure you that this desirable hatchling would be less expensive to breed for than to buy a gender change scroll for.
No support whatsoever. Breeding or questing is part of the game, and implementing this would take away reasons for breeding projects. I'm with the others here - the only thing related to this I could ever support would be the pose scroll.

The thing is, we have few enough gameplay mechanics in this game. This could take away the reason for some of them.
No support whatsoever. Breeding or questing is part of the game, and implementing this would take away reasons for breeding projects. I'm with the others here - the only thing related to this I could ever support would be the pose scroll.

The thing is, we have few enough gameplay mechanics in this game. This could take away the reason for some of them.
stormcatchersiggie_zps77a9946f.png
No support, like jemadar i could support a pose change scroll but not gender/sex. Mostly because if they did this a ton of dragobs that werent being bred before will be and thatvll just make the dragon surpkus worse than it already is. They already need better exalting incentoves, this would call for even more.
No support, like jemadar i could support a pose change scroll but not gender/sex. Mostly because if they did this a ton of dragobs that werent being bred before will be and thatvll just make the dragon surpkus worse than it already is. They already need better exalting incentoves, this would call for even more.
Seeking:
Shadow/Heather/Wisteria
Bonus if already an Aberration
PM if interested in selling
I would love to be able to change the pose, so support for pose change scroll. Neutral on gender change, I wouldn't mind it but it can cause a lot of trouble if implemented.
I would love to be able to change the pose, so support for pose change scroll. Neutral on gender change, I wouldn't mind it but it can cause a lot of trouble if implemented.
Nope, no support, never will support.

FR is breeding game, the point is to breed your perfect dragon. If anything, you could just contact the owner of the parents and ask them to try to breed a dragon with the same/similar colours and correct sex.
Nope, no support, never will support.

FR is breeding game, the point is to breed your perfect dragon. If anything, you could just contact the owner of the parents and ask them to try to breed a dragon with the same/similar colours and correct sex.
Tn4aWhc.png
That use of "panic attack" makes me cringe so hard, as someone who actually has panic attacks. I think the phrase you meant was more just along the lines of "only to freak out" or "only to panic" or "only to get annoyed" - something along those lines.

Anyway, I digress.

Personally, I've seen it in action on Wajas, where you can change the gender/sex of a Waja from one to the other with use of a relatively affordable item. But on that site, there isn't sexual dimorphism and the family trees are a hot mess to try tracing. They also allow you to completely choose the colours - down to the hex value - and opacity when adding genes and generally work in a much different fashion than FR. Inbreeding is also functionally allowed, though in general, most users don't value an inbred offspring very highly.

The vast array of opacities and colours makes up for the ease the items and customization add to breeding. It's still super difficult to get what you want on Wajas, whereas on FR this would make it incredibly easy.

As such, no matter how many times I've found myself going "eugh, I wish this dragon were the opposite sex," I can't really support this suggestion. It'd basically be a massive Easy Button on the breeding aspect of the game.

As for a pose change scroll... I'm iffy on it. First and foremost, these dragons would need to be clearly marked as having had a pose change used on them, and reverting to the original should be free of charge (at the very least, in the event the dragon exchanges owners). It could work well with dragons whose lore involve being transgender, and that's honestly the only reason I won't give a hard "no, because it totally ruins the concept of sexual dimorphism."
That use of "panic attack" makes me cringe so hard, as someone who actually has panic attacks. I think the phrase you meant was more just along the lines of "only to freak out" or "only to panic" or "only to get annoyed" - something along those lines.

Anyway, I digress.

Personally, I've seen it in action on Wajas, where you can change the gender/sex of a Waja from one to the other with use of a relatively affordable item. But on that site, there isn't sexual dimorphism and the family trees are a hot mess to try tracing. They also allow you to completely choose the colours - down to the hex value - and opacity when adding genes and generally work in a much different fashion than FR. Inbreeding is also functionally allowed, though in general, most users don't value an inbred offspring very highly.

The vast array of opacities and colours makes up for the ease the items and customization add to breeding. It's still super difficult to get what you want on Wajas, whereas on FR this would make it incredibly easy.

As such, no matter how many times I've found myself going "eugh, I wish this dragon were the opposite sex," I can't really support this suggestion. It'd basically be a massive Easy Button on the breeding aspect of the game.

As for a pose change scroll... I'm iffy on it. First and foremost, these dragons would need to be clearly marked as having had a pose change used on them, and reverting to the original should be free of charge (at the very least, in the event the dragon exchanges owners). It could work well with dragons whose lore involve being transgender, and that's honestly the only reason I won't give a hard "no, because it totally ruins the concept of sexual dimorphism."

r250Bbk.png ZW5CgDF.png FFH3hV6.png s1GAkgl.png LBmwkOD.png Lef8ZKD.png 10CB8sd.png
You always have a choice.
You can either roll over and die, or you can keep fightin' no matter what.
Yes,support! I keep previewing some dragons in scrying of the same gender and they usually make cuter hatchlings than with anyone else in my lair.who you calling biased?
Yes,support! I keep previewing some dragons in scrying of the same gender and they usually make cuter hatchlings than with anyone else in my lair.who you calling biased?
*B.R Hatchery*

Wishlist: By Item

Wishlist: By Dragon
To Find a Dragon-ers: Please ping even if you aren't interested! :)
1 2