Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | sex change scroll?
I'm not sure if this has come up in the past or not (I'm sure it has but I've never seen one before)
If there is a scroll to change the breed, gene and the three colours, why not have one to change the sex?

I understand that flight change scrolls are more complicated because people moving flights and all but surely a scroll to change a male to a female and a female to a male shouldn't be much of a problem?

I can't think of any possible problems it may cause but I could be missing something!
I'm not sure if this has come up in the past or not (I'm sure it has but I've never seen one before)
If there is a scroll to change the breed, gene and the three colours, why not have one to change the sex?

I understand that flight change scrolls are more complicated because people moving flights and all but surely a scroll to change a male to a female and a female to a male shouldn't be much of a problem?

I can't think of any possible problems it may cause but I could be missing something!
0vyFeqJ.png
It breaks breeding and offspring lists, actually.
[quote name="Sopheroo" date=2016-06-19 16:43:04] It breaks breeding and offspring lists, actually. [/quote] Yeah, it would really mess with the coding. Plus, gender is one of the few things you can't change about a particular dragon; in a game centered around breeding, being able to freely change a dragon's gender would exacerbate the dragon market far more than it already is. Sorry. D: I don't think I could get behind this.
Sopheroo wrote on 2016-06-19:

Yeah, it would really mess with the coding. Plus, gender is one of the few things you can't change about a particular dragon; in a game centered around breeding, being able to freely change a dragon's gender would exacerbate the dragon market far more than it already is.

Sorry. D: I don't think I could get behind this.
sig-145.png
url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/2228365/1]UM/ Festival Accents for Sale Here![/url]
it doesn't take long to go 5 pages into the forums and see this suggestion :p

however, first time someone actually say "sex change" and not "gender change" in the title.

But yeah this would cause a serious imbalance and a rewrite of how the entire site functions. Not to mention it takes away the only static element which makes the game challenging to players getting their perfect dragons.

Now what everyone likes as an alternative is a pose change scroll which will switch the dragon art between male and female. This is what I support.
it doesn't take long to go 5 pages into the forums and see this suggestion :p

however, first time someone actually say "sex change" and not "gender change" in the title.

But yeah this would cause a serious imbalance and a rewrite of how the entire site functions. Not to mention it takes away the only static element which makes the game challenging to players getting their perfect dragons.

Now what everyone likes as an alternative is a pose change scroll which will switch the dragon art between male and female. This is what I support.
@Sphinzz

The admins themselves have said a sex change scroll will not happen.
@Sphinzz

The admins themselves have said a sex change scroll will not happen.
A Light Flight branded Shaker Bottle with a chocolate protein shake inside. This is the NYNG general participation Badge. A gold arrow/moon divider by dreamingcity.
Cronch
FRT+1 | He/Him
A Magnesium Amphiptere (Desert variant) from Dragon Cave.A male Pillow Dragon from Dragon Cave.
This HAS come up like every week or so, just under different thread titles. And no matter how many threads there will be, the answer will forever and every be "No".

For real, there should be a list of 'frequently asked and denied' suggestions.
This HAS come up like every week or so, just under different thread titles. And no matter how many threads there will be, the answer will forever and every be "No".

For real, there should be a list of 'frequently asked and denied' suggestions.
Ping me on Buying / Selling threads, or my own threads ONLY. Please, respect my wish.
@Jimmychanga @TheHeroicOne

This suggestion has never been denied--admins just said they have no plans for such a scroll. They said they had no plans for one of the scorpion familiars too, for example--exact same wording--and we have that familiar now. They've said they have no plans, not that it will never ever ever happen.

IMO it's fine to discuss the effects and implementation of such a scroll even if the chances of it happening are extremely low and it might not happen in the next decade.

Repeat threads are a pain, but there's no need to shut down conversation by saying the admins have said it's not ever going to happen. They haven't said such.

@Sphinzz

Here is the pose-change scroll alternative someone else referenced. Here is one of the many threads about a sex change scroll in which people no doubt point out pros and cons of such a feature.
@Jimmychanga @TheHeroicOne

This suggestion has never been denied--admins just said they have no plans for such a scroll. They said they had no plans for one of the scorpion familiars too, for example--exact same wording--and we have that familiar now. They've said they have no plans, not that it will never ever ever happen.

IMO it's fine to discuss the effects and implementation of such a scroll even if the chances of it happening are extremely low and it might not happen in the next decade.

Repeat threads are a pain, but there's no need to shut down conversation by saying the admins have said it's not ever going to happen. They haven't said such.

@Sphinzz

Here is the pose-change scroll alternative someone else referenced. Here is one of the many threads about a sex change scroll in which people no doubt point out pros and cons of such a feature.
Well, even if they haven't literally DENIED, doesn't automatically mean they will change their mind if people just keep asking.

There's just no point in having the same suggestion made over and over again. And pointing out that staff isn't planning to make this happen clearly doesn't stop people talking about it since there are new threads made almost weekly!

If the staff wants to do it, they will. NOT because of threads full of people typing "I support". I'm sure that by now they have figured out that some people would like this to happen.

And PLEASE, I've stated that I don't wish to be pinged on anywhere else but buying / selling threads.
Well, even if they haven't literally DENIED, doesn't automatically mean they will change their mind if people just keep asking.

There's just no point in having the same suggestion made over and over again. And pointing out that staff isn't planning to make this happen clearly doesn't stop people talking about it since there are new threads made almost weekly!

If the staff wants to do it, they will. NOT because of threads full of people typing "I support". I'm sure that by now they have figured out that some people would like this to happen.

And PLEASE, I've stated that I don't wish to be pinged on anywhere else but buying / selling threads.
Ping me on Buying / Selling threads, or my own threads ONLY. Please, respect my wish.
My apologies, Jimmychanga. I don't often pay attention to signatures.
My apologies, Jimmychanga. I don't often pay attention to signatures.