Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | gender change scrolls
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Just like the title says. Gender change scrolls.

(redacted by Aequorin)

But I personally am tired of finding the perfect mate only to find its the wrong gender, and have my dreams crushed. So I'd like to see a gender change scroll.

In addition to all that there are lore dragons that could use a gender change scroll too. So yea. Gender change scroll. We need it.
Just like the title says. Gender change scrolls.

(redacted by Aequorin)

But I personally am tired of finding the perfect mate only to find its the wrong gender, and have my dreams crushed. So I'd like to see a gender change scroll.

In addition to all that there are lore dragons that could use a gender change scroll too. So yea. Gender change scroll. We need it.
tumblr_nuhk3aSnPU1tel0d6o1_400.png
Hello folks! A reminder about our Forum Code of Conduct: Trolling or making inflammatory posts is counter productive to discussion and not allowed. Take care to keep your comments constructive. Thank you!
Hello folks! A reminder about our Forum Code of Conduct: Trolling or making inflammatory posts is counter productive to discussion and not allowed. Take care to keep your comments constructive. Thank you!
No support.

I've seen this suggestion so many times, and it gets shot down every time for obvious reasons.

1. It makes breeding projects too easy.
2. It could mess up game mechanics - the father is above the mother on a dragon's page. With two fathers or two mothers due to such a scroll, how would the system react? What if both parents had this scroll applied, would the order switch or stay the same?
3. As for lore dragons, why not just say they're trans in their bio? They don't need a scroll.

The only positives I can think of to such a scroll would be to decrease the dragon surplus, if only slightly, since someone could make a mate using the scroll instead of having to breed for the mate and putting even more dragons on the site.

I would, however, support a pose changing item that worked like apparel. The gender marker would stay the same,the only thing different would be the pose. This could be useful for both if someone prefers one gender's art to another and for lore dragons, especially trans ones. Working like apparel means that it couldn't be sold with the pose changer on, and it would have to be removed before selling it. This also applies to exalting, of course.
No support.

I've seen this suggestion so many times, and it gets shot down every time for obvious reasons.

1. It makes breeding projects too easy.
2. It could mess up game mechanics - the father is above the mother on a dragon's page. With two fathers or two mothers due to such a scroll, how would the system react? What if both parents had this scroll applied, would the order switch or stay the same?
3. As for lore dragons, why not just say they're trans in their bio? They don't need a scroll.

The only positives I can think of to such a scroll would be to decrease the dragon surplus, if only slightly, since someone could make a mate using the scroll instead of having to breed for the mate and putting even more dragons on the site.

I would, however, support a pose changing item that worked like apparel. The gender marker would stay the same,the only thing different would be the pose. This could be useful for both if someone prefers one gender's art to another and for lore dragons, especially trans ones. Working like apparel means that it couldn't be sold with the pose changer on, and it would have to be removed before selling it. This also applies to exalting, of course.
2drwvZa.png
Outside of Gen 1 triples and Gen 1 Imps, it's less expensive to buy a perfect mate than to buy this potential scroll.
Outside of Gen 1 triples and Gen 1 Imps, it's less expensive to buy a perfect mate than to buy this potential scroll.
@Marchhare Unfortunately this would most likely do the exact opposite and increase the dragon surplus because dragons that are not eligible to breed now would be with a sex change. It would mean that people who are waiting for their perfect dragons would simply change the sex of one and start breeding instead of waiting until they can find it. I have heard that a lot of people who breed for the mates to their dragons tend to exalt the ones that don't fit. I agree with the rest of the post. Plus, there is really no need for this. One of my dream dragons is a Violet/Blue/Royal Coatl Permababy with Iri/Shim/Glim. The sex doesn't matter because it is a perma baby. I looked about a month ago and didn't find any dragons close to my requirements, there were like a handful of violet/blue/royal dragons, no coatls and none with the genes. The other day I mentioned this combo again and someone offered to help me breed the combination. They told me to find dragons on the AH that would potentially breed the correct colors with their coatls, so I went looking. I found this girl: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21481213] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/214813/21481213_350.png[/img] [/url] She had Gembond when I found her, and a blue tert, but the other two colors and genes were perfect. On a whim, I went looking for a mate for her, because after all, I had two of the colors down, and I found this guy:[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21279500] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/212796/21279500_350.png[/img] [/url] The EXACT colors I wanted, and two of the 3 genes I wanted. I bought both of them for 28,000 treasure. Glimmer for the girl: 1200 Gems. (*sigh* still need glim for the male). If you have a dragon, unless it is a gen 1 as sopheroo says, chances are, you WILL find the exact color combos you are looking for. Maybe not that day, maybe not in a week, but it won't be long. So, no support. there is no need for one, and yes, I don't have to use a scroll if I don't want to, but opening up breeding possibilities affect everyone playing the game, not just the person using the scroll. The pose change scroll mentioned would literally only impact the person who uses it. There would be no breeding partners opened up.
@Marchhare

Unfortunately this would most likely do the exact opposite and increase the dragon surplus because dragons that are not eligible to breed now would be with a sex change.

It would mean that people who are waiting for their perfect dragons would simply change the sex of one and start breeding instead of waiting until they can find it. I have heard that a lot of people who breed for the mates to their dragons tend to exalt the ones that don't fit.

I agree with the rest of the post.

Plus, there is really no need for this. One of my dream dragons is a Violet/Blue/Royal Coatl Permababy with Iri/Shim/Glim. The sex doesn't matter because it is a perma baby. I looked about a month ago and didn't find any dragons close to my requirements, there were like a handful of violet/blue/royal dragons, no coatls and none with the genes.

The other day I mentioned this combo again and someone offered to help me breed the combination. They told me to find dragons on the AH that would potentially breed the correct colors with their coatls, so I went looking.

I found this girl:
21481213_350.png

She had Gembond when I found her, and a blue tert, but the other two colors and genes were perfect. On a whim, I went looking for a mate for her, because after all, I had two of the colors down, and I found this guy:
21279500_350.png

The EXACT colors I wanted, and two of the 3 genes I wanted.

I bought both of them for 28,000 treasure. Glimmer for the girl: 1200 Gems. (*sigh* still need glim for the male).

If you have a dragon, unless it is a gen 1 as sopheroo says, chances are, you WILL find the exact color combos you are looking for. Maybe not that day, maybe not in a week, but it won't be long.

So, no support. there is no need for one, and yes, I don't have to use a scroll if I don't want to, but opening up breeding possibilities affect everyone playing the game, not just the person using the scroll. The pose change scroll mentioned would literally only impact the person who uses it. There would be no breeding partners opened up.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support. Its not like one or two 'wrong sex' mates will destroy your dream dragon projects. It will set them back a breeding or two... But it doesn't make it impossible. With how many dragons there are you just have to stalk the dragonsearch and don't be afraid to message users that have said dragons. Or if you are extra-shy just stalk the AH for a few days/weeks to get what you are looking for.

Its so easy to get what you need nowadays that a sex change scroll would really destroy the game.

Plus there is the whole trouble with it litterally breaking the game since the code we have right now for dragons and breeding would not work with such a drastic change.
No support. Its not like one or two 'wrong sex' mates will destroy your dream dragon projects. It will set them back a breeding or two... But it doesn't make it impossible. With how many dragons there are you just have to stalk the dragonsearch and don't be afraid to message users that have said dragons. Or if you are extra-shy just stalk the AH for a few days/weeks to get what you are looking for.

Its so easy to get what you need nowadays that a sex change scroll would really destroy the game.

Plus there is the whole trouble with it litterally breaking the game since the code we have right now for dragons and breeding would not work with such a drastic change.
No support for the same reasons I don't support same-sex breeding: it would break the game. There are not many limits on breeding the perfect dragon. The main 2 limits are gender and eye/nest color.

This would make dragons that couldn't breed together at all able to breed together, and we would have MORE dragons in the market. That's the opposite of what we need.
No support for the same reasons I don't support same-sex breeding: it would break the game. There are not many limits on breeding the perfect dragon. The main 2 limits are gender and eye/nest color.

This would make dragons that couldn't breed together at all able to breed together, and we would have MORE dragons in the market. That's the opposite of what we need.
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
I disagree.

We don't need it, there's no need for it at all given that it's one of two non-controllable aspects of breeding, so no. No support.
I disagree.

We don't need it, there's no need for it at all given that it's one of two non-controllable aspects of breeding, so no. No support.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
No support. As already stated, it would just make breeding too easy and would mess with the gameplay.
No support. As already stated, it would just make breeding too easy and would mess with the gameplay.
jhy1ip.png
oh my god what is with the "too easy" its not like you get points for breeding "harder" dragons than others. Not all of us have time to make 400kt a day to buy a dragon that we want to get that is perfect. Sometimes we DO have the perfect hatchling that we bred but now its the wrong gender. Sooooooooooo Fine maybe it has to be applied before its an adult. Either way there are ways to get around all of this "i dont support it because" thing.

And trans dragons are nice I own one and thats great but it cant breed and that is not great bc i need it to.
oh my god what is with the "too easy" its not like you get points for breeding "harder" dragons than others. Not all of us have time to make 400kt a day to buy a dragon that we want to get that is perfect. Sometimes we DO have the perfect hatchling that we bred but now its the wrong gender. Sooooooooooo Fine maybe it has to be applied before its an adult. Either way there are ways to get around all of this "i dont support it because" thing.

And trans dragons are nice I own one and thats great but it cant breed and that is not great bc i need it to.
tumblr_nuhk3aSnPU1tel0d6o1_400.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7