Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gender Swap & Instant Breeding
1 2
A few things that I know some other games do, that I wish this one did were gender swap and instant breeding. These are things that I'm sure could benefit a LOT of people, as well as initiate more gem purchased from the website to help make the site money. (Granted, if these items are already out there, I would LOVE to know what they are so I can use them... LOL)

Gender Swap::

I have a few dragons in my lair that I wish I could change the genders to, to breed with other dragons. I know some other sites utilize this for their sim-like games. You could make it a scroll or something that they have to purchase with gems or a good amount of treasure.. If you wanted to limit it, you could also always make it so the gender can only be changed twice or something. (That's not what I would prefer, but I know this game does have standards that they'd like to keep.)

Instant Breeding::

I know there's boon of fertility for instant birth, but what about something that allows you get past the waiting period for dragon fertility? It's very irritating to have to wait 25 days for my imperials to eligible to be bred again... Flight Rising would get a lot more money out of me for gems if they had these two gems, that's for sure.... :/

Yeeaah. Sorry if there are already topics for these. But meh.
A few things that I know some other games do, that I wish this one did were gender swap and instant breeding. These are things that I'm sure could benefit a LOT of people, as well as initiate more gem purchased from the website to help make the site money. (Granted, if these items are already out there, I would LOVE to know what they are so I can use them... LOL)

Gender Swap::

I have a few dragons in my lair that I wish I could change the genders to, to breed with other dragons. I know some other sites utilize this for their sim-like games. You could make it a scroll or something that they have to purchase with gems or a good amount of treasure.. If you wanted to limit it, you could also always make it so the gender can only be changed twice or something. (That's not what I would prefer, but I know this game does have standards that they'd like to keep.)

Instant Breeding::

I know there's boon of fertility for instant birth, but what about something that allows you get past the waiting period for dragon fertility? It's very irritating to have to wait 25 days for my imperials to eligible to be bred again... Flight Rising would get a lot more money out of me for gems if they had these two gems, that's for sure.... :/

Yeeaah. Sorry if there are already topics for these. But meh.
No support for either. [quote=DragonSage]I do not support a sex change scroll that would allow you to change the sex and then be able to breed according to the newly assigned sex (IE You have two males, you change one of them to a female and then you would be able to breed the male to the female). I don't support this for a couple of reasons: First of all, it would probably involve having to recode a fair amount of the breeding/display system which I think could be better spent adding new features rather than recoding a system that works perfectly fine the way it is. The reason I say it could involve a fair amount of recoding is depending on how the lineage is stored in the database the system could have a fit over trying to figure out how to display the parents when one of them has been sex changed so they are now the same sex since there is no longer a male and a female parent to display first and second. The second reason I don't support this is because it would remove some of the challenge involved in breeding since sex is the only thing you can't change and something should remain static. You can change color by using a scatter scroll and you can ensure the hatchlings are of a particular element by breeding it in the appropriate nest I'd only support a sex change scroll if it either was only a cosmetic change (changes the image to the opposite sex, so your male dragon displays a female dragon image, but he is still a male dragon so he still can only breed with females so the breeding pool for him doesn't change) or if it actually changes the sex and then that individual becomes unbreedable.[/quote] The second choice would just result in a huge boom to the number of dragons in the system, not to mention it would be pay-to-win. Get two of the new gene scrolls, put them on a male and female, and voila. Now you can breed them and hatch them instantaneously to sell their hatchlings over and over before players who don't spend RLC on in-gmae currency even get a chance to breed theirs.
No support for either.
DragonSage wrote:
I do not support a sex change scroll that would allow you to change the sex and then be able to breed according to the newly assigned sex (IE You have two males, you change one of them to a female and then you would be able to breed the male to the female). I don't support this for a couple of reasons:

First of all, it would probably involve having to recode a fair amount of the breeding/display system which I think could be better spent adding new features rather than recoding a system that works perfectly fine the way it is. The reason I say it could involve a fair amount of recoding is depending on how the lineage is stored in the database the system could have a fit over trying to figure out how to display the parents when one of them has been sex changed so they are now the same sex since there is no longer a male and a female parent to display first and second. The second reason I don't support this is because it would remove some of the challenge involved in breeding since sex is the only thing you can't change and something should remain static. You can change color by using a scatter scroll and you can ensure the hatchlings are of a particular element by breeding it in the appropriate nest

I'd only support a sex change scroll if it either was only a cosmetic change (changes the image to the opposite sex, so your male dragon displays a female dragon image, but he is still a male dragon so he still can only breed with females so the breeding pool for him doesn't change) or if it actually changes the sex and then that individual becomes unbreedable.

The second choice would just result in a huge boom to the number of dragons in the system, not to mention it would be pay-to-win. Get two of the new gene scrolls, put them on a male and female, and voila. Now you can breed them and hatch them instantaneously to sell their hatchlings over and over before players who don't spend RLC on in-gmae currency even get a chance to breed theirs.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
No support for either. There are already too many dragons on the site and clogging up the economy. Both these would only allow for that problem to get worse.

For gender swap, finding compatible breeding partners is part of the challenge of the game. There's lots of times I've found the perfect mate, only to have them be the same gender. Yeah, it's annoying, but it's part of the game.

Instant breeding; the breeding cooldowns were instituted for a reason. Combined with enough boons and instant breeding items, one pair could toss out nest after nest after nest and only screw up the economy more. Imagine what would happen overnight to any new gene if a pair of compatible mates landed in the hands of a player who could afford instant breeding items and boons.
No support for either. There are already too many dragons on the site and clogging up the economy. Both these would only allow for that problem to get worse.

For gender swap, finding compatible breeding partners is part of the challenge of the game. There's lots of times I've found the perfect mate, only to have them be the same gender. Yeah, it's annoying, but it's part of the game.

Instant breeding; the breeding cooldowns were instituted for a reason. Combined with enough boons and instant breeding items, one pair could toss out nest after nest after nest and only screw up the economy more. Imagine what would happen overnight to any new gene if a pair of compatible mates landed in the hands of a player who could afford instant breeding items and boons.
No support for either.

Breeding is already too easy, and we do not need to have a function that will allow people to churn out dragons rapid-fire to further flood the market.
No support for either.

Breeding is already too easy, and we do not need to have a function that will allow people to churn out dragons rapid-fire to further flood the market.
Quote:
Now with a Poll! Thank you, Anjoulas.
http://strawpoll.me/3055435

Pros:
*A "perfect" dragon may be imperfect by only one major factor: it's sex/gender. After a users tries so hard to breed/buy the perfect dragon only to find it a male when a female is needed, the user can get very frustrated.
*Many sites allow users to change pets from male to female and vice versa.
*This should be a gem shop item and would generate revenue for FR.
*Or this could be a treasure item to act a good treasure sink.
*Many other aspects of dragons can be changed, such as genes and species, so why should sex/gender be any different?

Cons:
*This could break FR's coding, considering the father is listed first and then the mother on every dragon's page.
*It could make things confusing when searching genealogy.
*It makes the game too easy. Through breeding, any dragon combo can be made. If users could change every aspect of their dragons at will, then how does FR preserve the integrity of its breeding sim?
*Even an expensive gem shop item isn't worth the risk of possibly introducing coding bugs or making breeding too easy and further saturating the dragon market.
*Being gem shop scroll, it leans FR even more towards pay-to-win.

Suggested Limitations:
*Only non-Eternal Youth hatchlings can be sex/gender changed.
*Only unbred dragons can be changed.
*Any dragon that gets a sex/gender change becomes infertile.
*A sex/gender scroll can only be used once per dragon, so a dragon cannot change from male to female and back again.
*Two scrolls: a Scroll of Venus and a Scroll of Mars. Since using the term "sex" or "gender" is a hot topic, making two items eliminates the need to choose which term to use and risk alienating users.

Alternative Suggestion 1:
A pose change scroll. This lets users display a male dragon with a female image or vice versa. The dragon in question is still male and thus can only breed with females and would still have the mars symbol, but would look like a female.

Alternative Suggestion 2:
A sex/gender-skew-er item. Since reptiles are male or female based on the temperature of their nests, and since dragons are reptiles, this one-time use item would heat up or cool down a nest. A hotter nest would hatch females 3 out of 4 times while a cooler nest will hatch males 3 out of 4 times.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=sug&id=1254397&page=1

~*~*~*~

No support for instant breeding either. As said before, it'd just cause more and more and more dragons to be put into circulation, tanking the economy more. It'd also turn FR into pay-to-win. Users with money could get a hold of a hot new gene or popular dragon combo. Scroll of Instant Breeding, Boon of Fertility, repeat, repeat, repeat. Within an hour, the lair is filled with rare babies the user can sell. This would quickly tank the remaining niche markets out there and only serve to profit those who can buy with cash on FR. No thanks.
Quote:
Now with a Poll! Thank you, Anjoulas.
http://strawpoll.me/3055435

Pros:
*A "perfect" dragon may be imperfect by only one major factor: it's sex/gender. After a users tries so hard to breed/buy the perfect dragon only to find it a male when a female is needed, the user can get very frustrated.
*Many sites allow users to change pets from male to female and vice versa.
*This should be a gem shop item and would generate revenue for FR.
*Or this could be a treasure item to act a good treasure sink.
*Many other aspects of dragons can be changed, such as genes and species, so why should sex/gender be any different?

Cons:
*This could break FR's coding, considering the father is listed first and then the mother on every dragon's page.
*It could make things confusing when searching genealogy.
*It makes the game too easy. Through breeding, any dragon combo can be made. If users could change every aspect of their dragons at will, then how does FR preserve the integrity of its breeding sim?
*Even an expensive gem shop item isn't worth the risk of possibly introducing coding bugs or making breeding too easy and further saturating the dragon market.
*Being gem shop scroll, it leans FR even more towards pay-to-win.

Suggested Limitations:
*Only non-Eternal Youth hatchlings can be sex/gender changed.
*Only unbred dragons can be changed.
*Any dragon that gets a sex/gender change becomes infertile.
*A sex/gender scroll can only be used once per dragon, so a dragon cannot change from male to female and back again.
*Two scrolls: a Scroll of Venus and a Scroll of Mars. Since using the term "sex" or "gender" is a hot topic, making two items eliminates the need to choose which term to use and risk alienating users.

Alternative Suggestion 1:
A pose change scroll. This lets users display a male dragon with a female image or vice versa. The dragon in question is still male and thus can only breed with females and would still have the mars symbol, but would look like a female.

Alternative Suggestion 2:
A sex/gender-skew-er item. Since reptiles are male or female based on the temperature of their nests, and since dragons are reptiles, this one-time use item would heat up or cool down a nest. A hotter nest would hatch females 3 out of 4 times while a cooler nest will hatch males 3 out of 4 times.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=sug&id=1254397&page=1

~*~*~*~

No support for instant breeding either. As said before, it'd just cause more and more and more dragons to be put into circulation, tanking the economy more. It'd also turn FR into pay-to-win. Users with money could get a hold of a hot new gene or popular dragon combo. Scroll of Instant Breeding, Boon of Fertility, repeat, repeat, repeat. Within an hour, the lair is filled with rare babies the user can sell. This would quickly tank the remaining niche markets out there and only serve to profit those who can buy with cash on FR. No thanks.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No.

Gender change is a hot topic. You can find a masterpost maybe like a page or two back.

Just be patient and keep breeding for the right dragon of the right gender.

It will happen eventually.
No.

Gender change is a hot topic. You can find a masterpost maybe like a page or two back.

Just be patient and keep breeding for the right dragon of the right gender.

It will happen eventually.

No support here.
I agree completely with @gemajgall 's post.
No support here.
I agree completely with @gemajgall 's post.
z5734464872e81.gif
Thanks for the agreement, but I do prefer not to be pinged.
Thanks for the agreement, but I do prefer not to be pinged.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Alright guys. I see everyone's point and I agree. Thanks for the input on the instant breeding. I do believe that the gender swap would be helpful, however.

Thank you guys!
Alright guys. I see everyone's point and I agree. Thanks for the input on the instant breeding. I do believe that the gender swap would be helpful, however.

Thank you guys!
No support for either one for reasons already listed. I personally think the breeding cooldowns are just fine as they are.
No support for either one for reasons already listed. I personally think the breeding cooldowns are just fine as they are.
accessibilitysmaller.pngtumblr_inline_ngg8mvee1A1suj19d.png
1 2