Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private RP Scout
Over Thrown
Banner here
Description here
Anything else here
Over Thrown
Banner here
Description here
Anything else here
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
@EclipseMirror [i]Hey there =) Super excited to see what happens. I'm subbed so no ping worries =).[/i] ------- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36871881] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/368719/36871881_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [i]Several Hours Earlier[/i] Omen had just lain down in his bed when his communication crystal began to rattle about his side table. His moan and long sigh were only natural; he had, after all, just come off shift. The Coatl begrudgingly twisted to his side, where he let one arm flop over to the table and grab the crystal. A moment later Commander's Blaze's blue, detached head formed in his hand. "Are you calling to tuck me in Commander?" "Har har, Omen," the Commander's words reflected his humor at the sarcastic response, but his eyes and features did nothing of the sort. The look was stern, worried, and that made Omen take notice. "I need you up. I have a mission for you. Five. My office." Commander Blaze allowed for no argument and terminated communication. Omen knew better then to delay his arrival at the Commander's office, so he rushed to redress, ran the empty barrack halls, and then flew across the training grounds for Blaze's temporary office in the citadel. "This is not a five minute run," Omen fussed under his breath. He reached the office mostly out of breath and knowing he was later then the Commander ordered. "Your late," the Commander stated from his desk. His attention had been on a report in his paws and not on the huffing Omen. "It's-- "Save it." Blaze set down the report so he could wave a hand at one of his seats. "Take a seat." Omen waddled over and plopped in the chair directly across from Blaze, which is when he noticed the commander had been in conference with General Talon and Commander Arra. Their little blue heads bobbing ever so slightly up and down over the desk. "General. Commander," he greeted them in turn. They both offered him nods of their head; a silent return of his salutation. As he waited for his Commander to begin his debriefing he took the time to study all three leaders. There wasn’t one that didn’t look haggard --worn to their bones in all honesty—and with the events that lead up to the clan taking shelter scattered out over their province, that was to be expected. What he didn’t expect was the renewed anxiety that echoed in their tones and screamed from their eyes. Something was going on and all he could hope for was that it didn’t have to do with their already devastated clan. “Omen,” Blaze said, startling him out of his thoughts. “I’ve called you in because we do have a bit of a situation with a friend.” The commander slipped the report across the table into Omen’s paws. “Clan Wonderstark has been under the concerning weight of ill omen lately –no pun Omen. As of an hour ago it seems whatever dark fate lingered around their borders finally pounced them.” He leaned forward to point out the transcript of the radio conversation. “I need you to go into their territory and quietly see what might be going on.” “Aye Commander,” Omen responded. With the report and orders in hand he stood to get right to his duty. “Captain, don’t forget the letter,” General Talon summoned Omen back. “Blaze.” Commander Blaze gave the General a fowl look of irritation before submitting with a sigh and a long roll of his eyes. Seconds later he was rooting through his desk drawer. “This is from Librarian Casey,” he said holding the letter out for Omen. “This is [i]only[/i] to go to a friendly and [i]only[/i] if it’s secure for you to do so. Understand?!” “Aye Commander.” Omen stuffed the letter and his orders inside his vest. “Oh, and Omen. Casey made a very disturbing mention of the Shade. Please be very careful,” General Talon warned. Omen was indeed alarmed by that prospect. The last thing anyone wanted right now was to deal with the Shade. Nervousness quickly sunk in after the General said that; what he considered a simple recon was potentially so very much more. “Aye General.” Without any further delay –for more delay might bring more unpleasant news on him—he left for his mission. -------- [i]Present [/i] Omen carefully navigated through the dense brush of the Starwood Strand, using Isadora’s map of the area. It was certainly the hardest part of his journey thus far. “At least the portals got me close to the territory,” he grumbled as he struggled with a particularly difficult vine. Finally, the plant snapped back, allowing him entrance into the deeper part of the woods. With a triumphant whistle he breached that barrier and the moment his feet touched the other side he’d wished they had not. The area around him suddenly felt… lacking. It wasn’t as if it didn’t look like the Starwood Strand, visibly nothing seemed out of the ordinary. For all the indication that all might be well on the outside, he could tell that wasn’t so much the case. These new woods suddenly felt empty, as if something were missing. Though, for the life of him he couldn’t understand why he was picking up that strange sensation. Cautiously, he pushed forward and the deeper in he went the worse that sensation grew. It was unnerving to say the least, but he didn’t let it stop his mission. Indeed, it prompted his curiosity to drive him forward; to find out what was causing this. [i]Was it the clan[/i]? he wondered. He received his answer when he stumbled onto the edge of a clearing and there before him was what should be Clan Wonderstark. “Oh poo!”
@EclipseMirror
Hey there =) Super excited to see what happens. I'm subbed so no ping worries =).

Several Hours Earlier

Omen had just lain down in his bed when his communication crystal began to rattle about his side table. His moan and long sigh were only natural; he had, after all, just come off shift. The Coatl begrudgingly twisted to his side, where he let one arm flop over to the table and grab the crystal. A moment later Commander's Blaze's blue, detached head formed in his hand. "Are you calling to tuck me in Commander?"

"Har har, Omen," the Commander's words reflected his humor at the sarcastic response, but his eyes and features did nothing of the sort. The look was stern, worried, and that made Omen take notice. "I need you up. I have a mission for you. Five. My office." Commander Blaze allowed for no argument and terminated communication.

Omen knew better then to delay his arrival at the Commander's office, so he rushed to redress, ran the empty barrack halls, and then flew across the training grounds for Blaze's temporary office in the citadel. "This is not a five minute run," Omen fussed under his breath. He reached the office mostly out of breath and knowing he was later then the Commander ordered.

"Your late," the Commander stated from his desk. His attention had been on a report in his paws and not on the huffing Omen.

"It's--

"Save it." Blaze set down the report so he could wave a hand at one of his seats. "Take a seat."

Omen waddled over and plopped in the chair directly across from Blaze, which is when he noticed the commander had been in conference with General Talon and Commander Arra. Their little blue heads bobbing ever so slightly up and down over the desk. "General. Commander," he greeted them in turn. They both offered him nods of their head; a silent return of his salutation.

As he waited for his Commander to begin his debriefing he took the time to study all three leaders. There wasn’t one that didn’t look haggard --worn to their bones in all honesty—and with the events that lead up to the clan taking shelter scattered out over their province, that was to be expected. What he didn’t expect was the renewed anxiety that echoed in their tones and screamed from their eyes. Something was going on and all he could hope for was that it didn’t have to do with their already devastated clan.

“Omen,” Blaze said, startling him out of his thoughts. “I’ve called you in because we do have a bit of a situation with a friend.” The commander slipped the report across the table into Omen’s paws. “Clan Wonderstark has been under the concerning weight of ill omen lately –no pun Omen. As of an hour ago it seems whatever dark fate lingered around their borders finally pounced them.” He leaned forward to point out the transcript of the radio conversation. “I need you to go into their territory and quietly see what might be going on.”

“Aye Commander,” Omen responded. With the report and orders in hand he stood to get right to his duty.

“Captain, don’t forget the letter,” General Talon summoned Omen back. “Blaze.”

Commander Blaze gave the General a fowl look of irritation before submitting with a sigh and a long roll of his eyes. Seconds later he was rooting through his desk drawer. “This is from Librarian Casey,” he said holding the letter out for Omen. “This is only to go to a friendly and only if it’s secure for you to do so. Understand?!”

“Aye Commander.” Omen stuffed the letter and his orders inside his vest. “Oh, and Omen. Casey made a very disturbing mention of the Shade. Please be very careful,” General Talon warned. Omen was indeed alarmed by that prospect. The last thing anyone wanted right now was to deal with the Shade. Nervousness quickly sunk in after the General said that; what he considered a simple recon was potentially so very much more. “Aye General.” Without any further delay –for more delay might bring more unpleasant news on him—he left for his mission.

Present

Omen carefully navigated through the dense brush of the Starwood Strand, using Isadora’s map of the area. It was certainly the hardest part of his journey thus far. “At least the portals got me close to the territory,” he grumbled as he struggled with a particularly difficult vine. Finally, the plant snapped back, allowing him entrance into the deeper part of the woods. With a triumphant whistle he breached that barrier and the moment his feet touched the other side he’d wished they had not.

The area around him suddenly felt… lacking. It wasn’t as if it didn’t look like the Starwood Strand, visibly nothing seemed out of the ordinary. For all the indication that all might be well on the outside, he could tell that wasn’t so much the case. These new woods suddenly felt empty, as if something were missing. Though, for the life of him he couldn’t understand why he was picking up that strange sensation.

Cautiously, he pushed forward and the deeper in he went the worse that sensation grew. It was unnerving to say the least, but he didn’t let it stop his mission. Indeed, it prompted his curiosity to drive him forward; to find out what was causing this. Was it the clan? he wondered. He received his answer when he stumbled onto the edge of a clearing and there before him was what should be Clan Wonderstark. “Oh poo!”
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
Subbed too! Thank you for starting ^_^ --------------------------------------- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25646619] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/256467/25646619_350.png[/img] [/url] "As if we didn't have enough on our plates," Keferia spat, whiskers curling tightly as the last of the mercenaries Deepwater hired scattered away from the Clan's temporary shelter. Narxiros breathed deeply, trying his best to stop his shuddering. He was over with them for good. And he was alive. Then with the immediate problem over, the imperial swivelled around in one fluid motion to make eye contact. Before he even had a chance to react, she had pawed him to the ground, coins falling out of his new pouch in a golden shower. "You have a lot to explain, spy." "Keferia, please..." Corona implored, raising her head wearily from embracing Narxiros's previous target. "He killed my daughter and our best friend and orchestrated [i]this[/i]. How could you even think about giving him a second chance?" If Keferia was angry before, she was furious now, her wings writhing and grabbing at him as hundreds of thorny tendrils. "I-I had nothing to do with that coatl-" Narxiros squeaked out before two vines shot out and choked him around the neck. "But you were there and did nothing about it." "I'msorryI'msorryI'msorry-" In desperation, he clutched at Nereus's teleportation sigil, hoping desperately that it still worked. He needed to get away- anywhere would be good. Anywhere but here. The runestone lit up and the world fell away with a blinding pink flash, enveloping him in a weightless, soundless bubble. Then spat him out onto cold, hard pavement. ------------------------- The doppelganger opened his eyes to the floating, silently burning mess of crystalline shards, paper, wood and broken stone that once made up part of the clan's lair. By some miracle, the Shade beast was now nowhere to be found, the runestone wasn't infused with Exeter's magic, and it also did not gravitate towards a spot swallowed by the new nothingness. Speaking of that. The strange Void yawned in front of him, its darkness swirling with pastel clouds and glittering with silvery specks that made it seem like part of a nebula had been syphoned and left suspended in a chasm in front of him. Even a few good lengths away from it, its strange force stroked and pulled at him like mild static. He wanted to whimper and break down just by staring into it. A sudden noise startled Narxiros, and he glanced up sharply to spot a hooded coatl stumble into the clearing a distance away. He instantly cloaked himself, darting quietly into the undergrowth to wonder what to do. It was a good idea to leave and never come back. This might be someone sent from an allying clan to investigate and maybe find and interrogate him. The lair was hidden enough that nobody could accidentally stumble into it other than half-crazed travellers. Then again, that enchantment probably shattered along with its caster. But if anything, Narxiros was curious. The dragon came rather late to the party, as Echo tended to say. And things would probably become complicated if this newcomer disappeared forever. Despite the desperate instinct to disguise, Narxiros did not bother as he emerged from the underbrush again and uncloaked a few wingspans behind the coatl. "Uh, I wouldn't recommend stepping forwards."
Subbed too! Thank you for starting ^_^

25646619_350.png

"As if we didn't have enough on our plates," Keferia spat, whiskers curling tightly as the last of the mercenaries Deepwater hired scattered away from the Clan's temporary shelter.
Narxiros breathed deeply, trying his best to stop his shuddering. He was over with them for good. And he was alive.

Then with the immediate problem over, the imperial swivelled around in one fluid motion to make eye contact. Before he even had a chance to react, she had pawed him to the ground, coins falling out of his new pouch in a golden shower.

"You have a lot to explain, spy."
"Keferia, please..." Corona implored, raising her head wearily from embracing Narxiros's previous target.
"He killed my daughter and our best friend and orchestrated this. How could you even think about giving him a second chance?"
If Keferia was angry before, she was furious now, her wings writhing and grabbing at him as hundreds of thorny tendrils.
"I-I had nothing to do with that coatl-" Narxiros squeaked out before two vines shot out and choked him around the neck.
"But you were there and did nothing about it."
"I'msorryI'msorryI'msorry-"
In desperation, he clutched at Nereus's teleportation sigil, hoping desperately that it still worked. He needed to get away- anywhere would be good. Anywhere but here.

The runestone lit up and the world fell away with a blinding pink flash, enveloping him in a weightless, soundless bubble.
Then spat him out onto cold, hard pavement.

The doppelganger opened his eyes to the floating, silently burning mess of crystalline shards, paper, wood and broken stone that once made up part of the clan's lair. By some miracle, the Shade beast was now nowhere to be found, the runestone wasn't infused with Exeter's magic, and it also did not gravitate towards a spot swallowed by the new nothingness.

Speaking of that.

The strange Void yawned in front of him, its darkness swirling with pastel clouds and glittering with silvery specks that made it seem like part of a nebula had been syphoned and left suspended in a chasm in front of him. Even a few good lengths away from it, its strange force stroked and pulled at him like mild static.
He wanted to whimper and break down just by staring into it.

A sudden noise startled Narxiros, and he glanced up sharply to spot a hooded coatl stumble into the clearing a distance away. He instantly cloaked himself, darting quietly into the undergrowth to wonder what to do. It was a good idea to leave and never come back. This might be someone sent from an allying clan to investigate and maybe find and interrogate him. The lair was hidden enough that nobody could accidentally stumble into it other than half-crazed travellers. Then again, that enchantment probably shattered along with its caster.

But if anything, Narxiros was curious. The dragon came rather late to the party, as Echo tended to say. And things would probably become complicated if this newcomer disappeared forever.
Despite the desperate instinct to disguise, Narxiros did not bother as he emerged from the underbrush again and uncloaked a few wingspans behind the coatl. "Uh, I wouldn't recommend stepping forwards."
30760.pngdestinyweaver_by_adorningmoon-dbzbp87.pngtumblr_ofkweumxKI1txzxxro1_250.png tumblr_oiev0tN7JJ1txzxxro1_250.png
The star speckled cloud storm, that seemed to be devouring city ruins, left Omen fairly confused about what he was seeing. Sure, it could be exactly how it looked, or it could be something created intentionally. "Is this an arcane thing or something?" he asked of no one or thing in particular. Honestly, he didn't think it could be, but then again he wasn't an Arcane drake either, so he wouldn’t really know.

Naturally, only silence met his inquiry, or for a little while it did. He wasn't expecting a response, or in fact what was probably a very sound suggestion, so naturally he yelped. The scare might have caught him off guard, but it didn't slow his reaction. Omen immediately rounded on his surprise guest, daggers drawn and ready to strike well before his body stopped.

Once again, what his eyes encountered left him mystified. The only thing he was sure of was that it was a dragon, likely a Fae. Though, he’d never seen a Fae that appeared so… bizarre. That was the only word he could find to adequately describe the creature. “Who are you?” he asked, but thought, Oh, dear deities, are his wings leaking!?

Oh, I wished to ask you how you did your wording for your profile? I've seen it several times, but have yet to figure out how it's done. =)
The star speckled cloud storm, that seemed to be devouring city ruins, left Omen fairly confused about what he was seeing. Sure, it could be exactly how it looked, or it could be something created intentionally. "Is this an arcane thing or something?" he asked of no one or thing in particular. Honestly, he didn't think it could be, but then again he wasn't an Arcane drake either, so he wouldn’t really know.

Naturally, only silence met his inquiry, or for a little while it did. He wasn't expecting a response, or in fact what was probably a very sound suggestion, so naturally he yelped. The scare might have caught him off guard, but it didn't slow his reaction. Omen immediately rounded on his surprise guest, daggers drawn and ready to strike well before his body stopped.

Once again, what his eyes encountered left him mystified. The only thing he was sure of was that it was a dragon, likely a Fae. Though, he’d never seen a Fae that appeared so… bizarre. That was the only word he could find to adequately describe the creature. “Who are you?” he asked, but thought, Oh, dear deities, are his wings leaking!?

Oh, I wished to ask you how you did your wording for your profile? I've seen it several times, but have yet to figure out how it's done. =)
buffer text
Coming
Soon