Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | GoR- Closed to new members
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hello everyone! I am currently in need of one more serious long-term roleplayer to join my rp in the Plague position! What's the roleplay about? Well, here's the premise- [quote][i]The story takes place in a Sorneith where dragons are generally considered beasts, and are killed by humans whenever seen. Because of these dangers, most of the dragons now live far from civilization, in the wildest parts of the land. On very rare occasions however, a human and a dragon from the same element will be born/hatch at the same time, creating a special bond between the two. Often these pairs never meet, only having a faint sense of each other's presence. But sometimes, the two come together, and their bond completes. Such bonded pairs as these are called Riders, and they posses special powers unique to their kind, including mastery of the element they share. The Riders are incredibly rare, and often seen as monstrous creatures by other humans. There is however, a secret group of these special pairs called The Guild of Riders. Every ten years of so, this group takes in a new set of Riders to train and initiate into their group. The place that they do this is a large mansion-like building that is surrounded by a special magic which keeps all but those who bear the seal of the Guild, out. The newly recruited Riders have this seal magically imprinted on their palm as soon as they accept their invitation, and with it they are able to find the Academy. They must be careful in the journey there however, for if anyone discovers them, they risk being captured or killed. The story will start with the new recruits arriving at the academy.[/i][/quote] So yeah, that's basically sums up the setting for the story. Now, before you get too excited, I want to just warn y'all that I am planning on this roleplay lasting for awhile. It does have a story-line already planned out, and if all goes well it will actually consist of two roleplays! [b]Extra notes about the Riders:[/b] Just as some extra info, Riders are able to manipulate their element, as well as read the thoughts of their bonded dragon, have heightened senses/physical abilities, and a longer lifespan. Riders' eyes are also changed to the same color as their bonded dragon. [b]Rules:[/b] [LIST=1] [*]This is a clean RP, that means no swearing, sexual talk, or otherwise dirty language. [*]There will be no God-modding. If I see this going on, I will give you a warning. If you continue, I will have to kindly ask you to leave. [*]I would prefer people posts to [i]at least[/i] be 5+ sentences. Give some life to your posts! [*]If a person does not respond to the thread for over week without any notice as to why, it will be assumed that they have gone inactive and the RP will continue without them. If they are inactive for longer than a month or two, it will be assumed that they have left the roleplay, and may have their characters replaced with new ones to represent their element. [*]Please subscribe to the thread if you wish to join because it can be a pain to have to ping everyone, especially for those who are on mobile. [*]Put the words "ball python" at the beginning of your post if you've read through all the rules. [/LIST] [b]Slots:[/b] [i]Be sure to claim your element before making your characters. This is first come first serve.[/i] Earth - @Ragnaroc - Argent and Lugh [p6] Wind - @ThermoDanone - Annie and Cora [p2] Fire - @Fitz - Nala and Arjun [p5] Water - @WaterBlaze9551 - Bryon and Hope [p5] Light - @CelestialOrca - Myra and Python [p1] Shadow - @Scifur - Julian and Luna [p8] Ice - @MonoDusk - Alma and Nul [p5] Lightning - @Superblox - Josiah and Willy [p7] Arcane - @Starglade - Ada and Tella [p5] Nature - @Starrlight - Plague - OPEN! [quote][b]Signup Form[/b] *means optional [u]Rider[/u] Element: Name: Age: Gender: Description: Powers: (How they use their elemental powers) *Extra: *Picture: [u]Dragon[/u] Element: (Must be same as Rider) Name: Gender: Description: *Extra: Link to Dragon: (Must be an FR derg that you own)[/quote] Once all the slots are filled, I will make a new thread for the actual roleplay to take place. Also, there's no need to ping me, as I am subscribed to the thread. ^^
Hello everyone! I am currently in need of one more serious long-term roleplayer to join my rp in the Plague position! What's the roleplay about? Well, here's the premise-
Quote:
The story takes place in a Sorneith where dragons are generally considered beasts, and are killed by humans whenever seen. Because of these dangers, most of the dragons now live far from civilization, in the wildest parts of the land. On very rare occasions however, a human and a dragon from the same element will be born/hatch at the same time, creating a special bond between the two. Often these pairs never meet, only having a faint sense of each other's presence. But sometimes, the two come together, and their bond completes. Such bonded pairs as these are called Riders, and they posses special powers unique to their kind, including mastery of the element they share. The Riders are incredibly rare, and often seen as monstrous creatures by other humans.

There is however, a secret group of these special pairs called The Guild of Riders. Every ten years of so, this group takes in a new set of Riders to train and initiate into their group. The place that they do this is a large mansion-like building that is surrounded by a special magic which keeps all but those who bear the seal of the Guild, out. The newly recruited Riders have this seal magically imprinted on their palm as soon as they accept their invitation, and with it they are able to find the Academy. They must be careful in the journey there however, for if anyone discovers them, they risk being captured or killed.

The story will start with the new recruits arriving at the academy.

So yeah, that's basically sums up the setting for the story. Now, before you get too excited, I want to just warn y'all that I am planning on this roleplay lasting for awhile. It does have a story-line already planned out, and if all goes well it will actually consist of two roleplays!

Extra notes about the Riders:
Just as some extra info, Riders are able to manipulate their element, as well as read the thoughts of their bonded dragon, have heightened senses/physical abilities, and a longer lifespan. Riders' eyes are also changed to the same color as their bonded dragon.

Rules:
  1. This is a clean RP, that means no swearing, sexual talk, or otherwise dirty language.
  2. There will be no God-modding. If I see this going on, I will give you a warning. If you continue, I will have to kindly ask you to leave.
  3. I would prefer people posts to at least be 5+ sentences. Give some life to your posts!
  4. If a person does not respond to the thread for over week without any notice as to why, it will be assumed that they have gone inactive and the RP will continue without them. If they are inactive for longer than a month or two, it will be assumed that they have left the roleplay, and may have their characters replaced with new ones to represent their element.
  5. Please subscribe to the thread if you wish to join because it can be a pain to have to ping everyone, especially for those who are on mobile.
  6. Put the words "ball python" at the beginning of your post if you've read through all the rules.

Slots:
Be sure to claim your element before making your characters. This is first come first serve.
Earth - @Ragnaroc - Argent and Lugh [p6]
Wind - @ThermoDanone - Annie and Cora [p2]
Fire - @Fitz - Nala and Arjun [p5]
Water - @WaterBlaze9551 - Bryon and Hope [p5]
Light - @CelestialOrca - Myra and Python [p1]
Shadow - @Scifur - Julian and Luna [p8]
Ice - @MonoDusk - Alma and Nul [p5]
Lightning - @Superblox - Josiah and Willy [p7]
Arcane - @Starglade - Ada and Tella [p5]
Nature - @Starrlight -
Plague - OPEN!

Quote:
Signup Form
*means optional
Rider
Element:
Name:
Description:
Powers: (How they use their elemental powers)
*Extra:
*Picture:

Dragon
Element: (Must be same as Rider)
Name:
*Extra:
Link to Dragon: (Must be an FR derg that you own)

Once all the slots are filled, I will make a new thread for the actual roleplay to take place. Also, there's no need to ping me, as I am subscribed to the thread. ^^
orcasig_by_bajanmightyena-daymcq2.pnguntitled_drawing_by_celestialorca-dc0y05q.png
[u]Rider[/u] [b]Element: [/b] Light [b]Name:[/b] Myra [b]Age:[/b] 23 [b]Gender:[/b] Female [b]Description:[/b] If Indiana Jones had a sarcastic and sneaky sister, Myra would be it. She is tall and her skin is a light caramel color as she spends a lot of time in the sun. Myra typically wears cloths similar to Indian Jones, and had a gold amulet on her neck with the Light Flight emblem in it surrounded by ancient runes. She is always on the move and exploring new places, her hunt for knowledge and relics of the past leading her on many adventures. Myra hates being indoors or sitting still, and was often considered 'the problem child' in school when she was young. She is very bold, and also is sarcastic to a fault. She's gotten herself in trouble more times than she can count. Myra is also not the kind who likes being around other people, though she can't imagine a life without her dragon, Python. She met the adventurous Imperial while looking for the fabled[i]scroll of Light[/i]. The two immediately became inseparable, and now do all there mischief together. [b]Powers:[/b] Myra is capable of bending light in different ways, creating shapes out of light, and summoning light wherever she wants. This is very helpful for exploring dark caverns. Myra is not limited to the visible spectrum of light either, she can manipulate and see any light spectrum, though white light is the most useful for her. [b]*Extra:[/b] Myra loves snakes. She and Python have a serpent companion who's scales are made of gold and eyes are rubies. They found this snake in an ancient temple, and it would seem to be inorganic, as is does not eat. [u]Dragon[/u] [b]Element:[/b] Light [b]Name:[/b] Python [b]Gender:[/b] Female [b]Description:[/b] Python is a little more even keeled than her Rider, and tends to be more experienced with how best to go about things. She is still quite adventurous however, and doesn't like those who think themselves as higher than her. Python can be pretty snarky at times, and hates being anywhere near cities or towns. [b]*Extra:[/b] Python is fairly large/long for her breed, though she has a somewhat short wingspan which helps her navigate through tight areas. She is also an excellent fighter, and can take down most opponents. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29289085] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/292891/29289085_350.png[/img] [/url]
Rider
Element: Light
Name: Myra
Description: If Indiana Jones had a sarcastic and sneaky sister, Myra would be it. She is tall and her skin is a light caramel color as she spends a lot of time in the sun. Myra typically wears cloths similar to Indian Jones, and had a gold amulet on her neck with the Light Flight emblem in it surrounded by ancient runes. She is always on the move and exploring new places, her hunt for knowledge and relics of the past leading her on many adventures. Myra hates being indoors or sitting still, and was often considered 'the problem child' in school when she was young. She is very bold, and also is sarcastic to a fault. She's gotten herself in trouble more times than she can count. Myra is also not the kind who likes being around other people, though she can't imagine a life without her dragon, Python. She met the adventurous Imperial while looking for the fabledscroll of Light. The two immediately became inseparable, and now do all there mischief together.
Powers: Myra is capable of bending light in different ways, creating shapes out of light, and summoning light wherever she wants. This is very helpful for exploring dark caverns. Myra is not limited to the visible spectrum of light either, she can manipulate and see any light spectrum, though white light is the most useful for her.
*Extra: Myra loves snakes. She and Python have a serpent companion who's scales are made of gold and eyes are rubies. They found this snake in an ancient temple, and it would seem to be inorganic, as is does not eat.

Dragon
Element: Light
Name: Python
Description: Python is a little more even keeled than her Rider, and tends to be more experienced with how best to go about things. She is still quite adventurous however, and doesn't like those who think themselves as higher than her. Python can be pretty snarky at times, and hates being anywhere near cities or towns.
*Extra: Python is fairly large/long for her breed, though she has a somewhat short wingspan which helps her navigate through tight areas. She is also an excellent fighter, and can take down most opponents.

29289085_350.png
orcasig_by_bajanmightyena-daymcq2.pnguntitled_drawing_by_celestialorca-dc0y05q.png
ball python

@CelestialOrca

This RP looks decent.
Does our element have to match our actual flight in the game?
If so, I guess I'll claim Ice.
If not, can I claim either Plague or Nature?
ball python

@CelestialOrca

This RP looks decent.
Does our element have to match our actual flight in the game?
If so, I guess I'll claim Ice.
If not, can I claim either Plague or Nature?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
@Windshear
You can have any flight you want other than light! ^^
@Windshear
You can have any flight you want other than light! ^^
@CelestialOrca

Alright. Id like to claim Plague then.

I'll start working on a form.
@CelestialOrca

Alright. Id like to claim Plague then.

I'll start working on a form.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
@CelestialOrca [u]Rider[/u] [b]Element:[/b] Plague [b]Name:[/b] Evelyn [b]Age:[/b] 24 [b]Gender:[/b] Female [b]Description:[/b] Evelyn is about 5'1, with dark brown-black hair and slightly pale skin. She is somewhat skinny, a result of giving most of the food she gets to her dragon. She typically wears a simple leathery brown-black shirt and pants, as well as boots lined with animal fur. She also wears a silver pendant shaped like a bird of prey. As for personality, Evelyn is typically quiet and distant. She is quite an introvert, keeping to herself and trusting no one. She can be rather sarcastic around other people, as she hates socializing. [b]Powers:[/b] Evelyn can manipulate Plague magic to weaken opponents on the battlefield- she can weaken them and lower their endurance and defences, making them easier to defeat. Her Plague abilities are not useful for very much else. [u]Dragon[/u] [b]Element:[/b] Plague [b]Name:[/b] Fragment [b]Gender:[/b] Female [b]Description:[/b] Fragment is a sassy, somewhat ornery beast. She always has her own opinion, and she isn't afraid to express it. Despite being a Nocturne, which is a typically social dragon breed, Fragment prefers time alone, possibly due to the fact that she spends so much time with an antisocial rider. However, although Fragment does not have the social attitude of her breed, she does still possess the mimicry- she will often mimic the gestures and expressions of any humans or dragons she spends time with. Fragment can often be as sassy and sarcastic as her rider, which can be rather frustrating at times. Despite this, she is typically a gentle dragon, enjoying any positive attention she can get, and tolerating social interaction quite a bit more than Evelyn. However, if her rider is threatened, Fragment isn't afraid to kill to protect her. [b]*Extra:[/b] Has a few scars along her sides and neck due to a narrowly escaped encounter with hostile humans before meeting Evelyn. [b]Link to Dragon:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19640147] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/196402/19640147_350.png[/img] [/url]
@CelestialOrca

Rider

Element: Plague
Name: Evelyn
Description: Evelyn is about 5'1, with dark brown-black hair and slightly pale skin. She is somewhat skinny, a result of giving most of the food she gets to her dragon. She typically wears a simple leathery brown-black shirt and pants, as well as boots lined with animal fur. She also wears a silver pendant shaped like a bird of prey.
As for personality, Evelyn is typically quiet and distant. She is quite an introvert, keeping to herself and trusting no one. She can be rather sarcastic around other people, as she hates socializing.
Powers: Evelyn can manipulate Plague magic to weaken opponents on the battlefield- she can weaken them and lower their endurance and defences, making them easier to defeat. Her Plague abilities are not useful for very much else.

Dragon

Element: Plague
Name: Fragment
Description: Fragment is a sassy, somewhat ornery beast. She always has her own opinion, and she isn't afraid to express it. Despite being a Nocturne, which is a typically social dragon breed, Fragment prefers time alone, possibly due to the fact that she spends so much time with an antisocial rider. However, although Fragment does not have the social attitude of her breed, she does still possess the mimicry- she will often mimic the gestures and expressions of any humans or dragons she spends time with. Fragment can often be as sassy and sarcastic as her rider, which can be rather frustrating at times. Despite this, she is typically a gentle dragon, enjoying any positive attention she can get, and tolerating social interaction quite a bit more than Evelyn. However, if her rider is threatened, Fragment isn't afraid to kill to protect her.
*Extra: Has a few scars along her sides and neck due to a narrowly escaped encounter with hostile humans before meeting Evelyn.
Link to Dragon:

19640147_350.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Ball python

@CelestialOrca
This RP looks interesting. I'm eyeing Ice, Nature and Arcane. Also, do riders ride their dragons compulsory? Because I was thinking of having a fae if I chose Arcane.
Ball python

@CelestialOrca
This RP looks interesting. I'm eyeing Ice, Nature and Arcane. Also, do riders ride their dragons compulsory? Because I was thinking of having a fae if I chose Arcane.
Waystone1.gif
@Starglade
Hmm, well it will be important to the plot that the riders are able to fly around, however as an arcane person perhaps part of their power is that they can shrink? Arcane users are generally more powerful than most.
@Starglade
Hmm, well it will be important to the plot that the riders are able to fly around, however as an arcane person perhaps part of their power is that they can shrink? Arcane users are generally more powerful than most.
Hiya!!! I was wondering if there could be multiple riders per element? Also, I'd really like to claim Fire! (ball python) @CelestialOrca

Plus: tiny suggestion but what about a discord server? I know I find it hard to rp on the forums on mobile and reply faster, more consistently on discord
Hiya!!! I was wondering if there could be multiple riders per element? Also, I'd really like to claim Fire! (ball python) @CelestialOrca

Plus: tiny suggestion but what about a discord server? I know I find it hard to rp on the forums on mobile and reply faster, more consistently on discord
J7D1quC.png
lUxoo8T.png
rix3ppo.png
nWiQNX9.png
YMPbu9R.png
.............................................____________________
z3QG5P2.gif
@Fitz
Hey! Unfortunately there will only be one pair per element, but yes you can be fire!
As for the discord, I am not a huge fan of it, though it is a good suggestion. Maybe an OOC on discord would work?
@Fitz
Hey! Unfortunately there will only be one pair per element, but yes you can be fire!
As for the discord, I am not a huge fan of it, though it is a good suggestion. Maybe an OOC on discord would work?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10