Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dustclan | RP Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pinging: @Malignantt
Riverpaw dropped down into a sprint position. "You bet. And remember no cheating." The two apprentices counted down together and on three...the two bolted. The two were fairly close together,
Sometimes Cactuspaw was ahead and sometimes Riverpaw was ahead. {Geez sis, you just had to be the one to train him. If it were anyone else I could definitely win this.} The apprentices rounded the at the edge, near the pile. It was a straight shot, either cpuld win this.

Robinheart groaned {Where was sleekfoot.} Sometimes Robinheart thought the leaders name was too apt a title. She decided to go towards the exit of the den to see if their leader was coming back from a patrol.
Pinging: @Malignantt
Riverpaw dropped down into a sprint position. "You bet. And remember no cheating." The two apprentices counted down together and on three...the two bolted. The two were fairly close together,
Sometimes Cactuspaw was ahead and sometimes Riverpaw was ahead. {Geez sis, you just had to be the one to train him. If it were anyone else I could definitely win this.} The apprentices rounded the at the edge, near the pile. It was a straight shot, either cpuld win this.

Robinheart groaned {Where was sleekfoot.} Sometimes Robinheart thought the leaders name was too apt a title. She decided to go towards the exit of the den to see if their leader was coming back from a patrol.
@NickelDragons

Cactuspaw worked up one last burst of adrenaline, sprinting for the finish. He felt lighter than air, skimming over the sand. He took the lead over Riverpaw-
And with a yowl of surprise, tripped over a dead fish as he got to the kill-pile, falling on his face. Because why wouldn't that happen?
The apprentice got up, more amused than embarrassed, whiskers twitching slightly as he nosed the thankfully not-too damaged creature closer into the fresh-kill pile.
"So, does that count as a win for either of us? Or, um, foul by fish?"

Sleekfoot padded out of the medicine den, where she had previously been checking on how the young apprentice was doing. He seemed to know most of the basic remedies, but she wouldn't trust him in a major battle.
Padding quietly out into the clearing, her tail flicked irritably as she saw Cactuspaw crash into the fish.
"Be more careful." she said in a quiet, stern voice. "If you must play games, do it away from food. We can't afford waste."
She turned away from the two apprentices to see Robinheart at the entrance for her den.
"Did you need me for something?" She called to the tiger-striped warrior.
@NickelDragons

Cactuspaw worked up one last burst of adrenaline, sprinting for the finish. He felt lighter than air, skimming over the sand. He took the lead over Riverpaw-
And with a yowl of surprise, tripped over a dead fish as he got to the kill-pile, falling on his face. Because why wouldn't that happen?
The apprentice got up, more amused than embarrassed, whiskers twitching slightly as he nosed the thankfully not-too damaged creature closer into the fresh-kill pile.
"So, does that count as a win for either of us? Or, um, foul by fish?"

Sleekfoot padded out of the medicine den, where she had previously been checking on how the young apprentice was doing. He seemed to know most of the basic remedies, but she wouldn't trust him in a major battle.
Padding quietly out into the clearing, her tail flicked irritably as she saw Cactuspaw crash into the fish.
"Be more careful." she said in a quiet, stern voice. "If you must play games, do it away from food. We can't afford waste."
She turned away from the two apprentices to see Robinheart at the entrance for her den.
"Did you need me for something?" She called to the tiger-striped warrior.
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
ds6mpZn.gif....FR time + 1
ds6mpZn.gif....hauntings#0781
ds6mpZn.gif....interesting things here
Pinging @Malignantt @shaunti

Riverpaw took one look at what just happened and burst out laughing, not caring that she was probably startling half the clan including Stormtail. In the back of her mind she hoped her mentor didnt hear it. "I guess it can-"she laughed midway through "be a foul. But you owe me another race." The she-cat picked up a lizard,one of her favorites and stated "Leth eat dinner befor the ottha catth get here." And trotted over to the flat rock she normally used with her sister.

Turning to see sleekfoot, Robinheart nodded "Yes, I wanted to schedule tomorrow's hunting parties. Along with a update on my apprentice." Generally Robinheart didnt talk much to Sleekfooy beyond developing the hunting schedules, she rarely had anything about her apprentice considering his ego, but today seemed to be different.

"He is learning well, he absorbs the teachings after a few runs. He is an apt pupil. I am also working on breaking down the tom's ego while in the field. I think he hates it but subconciously understands. When he focuses, I can see the hunter in him." She said with a small smile. "A suprising report, considering the first few weeks of seeing nothing in the tom." She says with and affectionate tone and a small chuckle.

Riverpaw took one look at what just happened and burst out laughing, not caring that she was probably startling half the clan including Stormtail. In the back of her mind she hoped her mentor didnt hear it. "I guess it can-"she laughed midway through "be a foul. But you owe me another race." The she-cat picked up a lizard,one of her favorites and stated "Leth eat dinner befor the ottha catth get here." And trotted over to the flat rock she normally used with her sister.

Turning to see sleekfoot, Robinheart nodded "Yes, I wanted to schedule tomorrow's hunting parties. Along with a update on my apprentice." Generally Robinheart didnt talk much to Sleekfooy beyond developing the hunting schedules, she rarely had anything about her apprentice considering his ego, but today seemed to be different.

"He is learning well, he absorbs the teachings after a few runs. He is an apt pupil. I am also working on breaking down the tom's ego while in the field. I think he hates it but subconciously understands. When he focuses, I can see the hunter in him." She said with a small smile. "A suprising report, considering the first few weeks of seeing nothing in the tom." She says with and affectionate tone and a small chuckle.
@NickelDragons

Cactuspaw spit a bit of dirt out his mouth and nodded.
"Yeah, we'll race again!" Just not near the fresh-kill pile. Or near fish in general. Maybe he should learn what to do when prey ambushed him.
Not feeling ravenous or anything, but expecting that he would go out early tomorrow, he chose a small dove and clambered up on the rock with the bird in his jaws. "Gad we gut ere early so ere was ood uff!" he said, obviously not as skilled at talking through a mouth of food as Riverpaw. He began to tuck in to the dove's wing, stripping it of feathers as he went.

Sleekfoot nodded.
"You seem to be doing well. He was always going to be difficult, hence why I thought you could mentor him." The crop of apprentices in general were very active, which wasn't exactly ideal for her first group as leader. But the mentors seemed to be doing well enough of it so far.
"For the hunting patrol, you and Cactuspaw could go out with Beandrop and Kawapaw. If they have a lesson planned, Stormtail can come instead."

(Acornstem is now the medicine cat.)
@NickelDragons

Cactuspaw spit a bit of dirt out his mouth and nodded.
"Yeah, we'll race again!" Just not near the fresh-kill pile. Or near fish in general. Maybe he should learn what to do when prey ambushed him.
Not feeling ravenous or anything, but expecting that he would go out early tomorrow, he chose a small dove and clambered up on the rock with the bird in his jaws. "Gad we gut ere early so ere was ood uff!" he said, obviously not as skilled at talking through a mouth of food as Riverpaw. He began to tuck in to the dove's wing, stripping it of feathers as he went.

Sleekfoot nodded.
"You seem to be doing well. He was always going to be difficult, hence why I thought you could mentor him." The crop of apprentices in general were very active, which wasn't exactly ideal for her first group as leader. But the mentors seemed to be doing well enough of it so far.
"For the hunting patrol, you and Cactuspaw could go out with Beandrop and Kawapaw. If they have a lesson planned, Stormtail can come instead."

(Acornstem is now the medicine cat.)
GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
(I was trying to be unelegent, but i just cant write it well i guess.)

Robinheart nodded "I'll let them know, they got a nice break off today so tomorrow will be good for them." The rust shecat waited a bit before saying " Also just a funny thing I saw on the way back from teaching. I saw some cat prints, you think the medicine cat is back?" She tilted her head slightly before saying "Just wondering. If you will excuse me I am going to grab the night meal." Robinheart nodded respectfully before turning and heading to the fresh kill place.

Upon arrival, she saw Stormtail and approached. "Evening Stormtail." She said evenly, trying not to scare the older male. "I have tomorrows hunting patrol, I have to check with beandrop on her avalibility..." she paused herself before saying "When do you want to go hunt? If beandrop isnt free would you be okay with going out with Cactuspaw and I?"

Riverpaw nodded before tucking into her food. A comfortable air of silence fell over the two as they had their meals. A few minutes passed before seeing a familiar red cat plopped down next to Stormtail. "cactuspaw." Riverclaw whispered "cactuspaw look." She said pointing out her sister "I wonder what she is talking to stormtail about?"
(I was trying to be unelegent, but i just cant write it well i guess.)

Robinheart nodded "I'll let them know, they got a nice break off today so tomorrow will be good for them." The rust shecat waited a bit before saying " Also just a funny thing I saw on the way back from teaching. I saw some cat prints, you think the medicine cat is back?" She tilted her head slightly before saying "Just wondering. If you will excuse me I am going to grab the night meal." Robinheart nodded respectfully before turning and heading to the fresh kill place.

Upon arrival, she saw Stormtail and approached. "Evening Stormtail." She said evenly, trying not to scare the older male. "I have tomorrows hunting patrol, I have to check with beandrop on her avalibility..." she paused herself before saying "When do you want to go hunt? If beandrop isnt free would you be okay with going out with Cactuspaw and I?"

Riverpaw nodded before tucking into her food. A comfortable air of silence fell over the two as they had their meals. A few minutes passed before seeing a familiar red cat plopped down next to Stormtail. "cactuspaw." Riverclaw whispered "cactuspaw look." She said pointing out her sister "I wonder what she is talking to stormtail about?"
Acornstem | Medicine cat | Everyone
Interaction - Open

Moon high was a horrible way to travel, cold wind everywhere in the desert. Large fur was supposed to help this medicine cat stay warm but it had always failed. His skin felt as cold as ice, whiskers violently trembled with the feeling. Acornstem stumbled upon a hard rock, shaking his head every minute. 'I need to make it-- The clan is-- depending on me directly!' the medicine cat thought with determination.
He wasn't ready to let his clan down. No, not now, he had just moved up a rank so why waste his life giving up? A large gash appeared in his arm and massive scratches were scattered across his face. Blood oozed from the wounds, tracking the sandy ground beneath him. Scents wafted around, telling him that he was nearby Dustclan.
'Almost there! Just-- a few more steps'.The tom slowed, eyes dulling with the relief of his home. The wall of the clan thickly protected the clan, but he knew where the entrance was. Limping over to the band of bushes, he pushed himself through the opening. There, he saw a bunch of cats either pacing worriedly or talking excitedly. Some were eating but others were just bringing in fresh kill.
"I'm... here! You don't need to-- Coyotes..." the poor medicine cat staggered inward. With his eyes dropping, he immediately fell to the ground, dust spreading everywhere. Some of his scratches had already started to scab over. Acronstem's naturally unique pelt was ruined with the stench of blood. Marigold and Lavender gently hit the ground, he must've found them near the oasis. "Oh my goodness!" "Mousebrain, where was he this wh-" comments spread throughout the clan, catching everyone's attention.

Fawnpad | Keeper | Runningcloud
Interaction - Open

"Will you just sit down already?" a masculine voice hissed. "Runningcloud you know that I'm expecting kits. If I make a bad move, then there's no telling what'll happen to them," Fawnpad passively said towards her "mate". The tom looked at her for a second before turning away. "I just wish they didn't choose the mates for us. But I have to be truthful, I really don't want to be with you. It's just-- I don't feel attracted?" Runningcloud explained gently trying not to startle the she-cat. The keeper gave him an agreeable look before looking at the entrance the nursery.
She padded over and hauled her body up onto the rock. Scents from past kits made her cringe but she knew there were going to be more from her. Giving her mate one last glance, she padded over to the dark corner of the cave. "Nothing like the loneliness of a den. At least I'll have kits that can keep me entertained. If Sleekfoot will let me keep all," Fawnpad glanced at her sore stomach, a gloomy look appearing on her face. "I never wanted to be a mother!
Hunting appeals to me more than being a useless keeper. 'Kits are important!' they said. Yea right..." the gray she-cat muttered, wincing from the movement of her kits. She believed that it was only fair if the clan got to choose their own mates. That way there would be fewer arguments about how they disliked being together. Dustclan had enough cats, fertility didn't matter anymore so why were mates continuing being chosen?
A black and familiar pelt came into the clearing. Her expression turned into surprise from the appearance. Acornstem? I thought he had vanished from existence for a moment," the keeper looked away, trying not to even look at the wounds he was enduring. Coyotes... she flicked her ear once to hear better. "He didn't say coyotes... did he? What if I get hurt-- What if my kits get hurt?" she asked herself worriedly. Loud mews echoed from the nursery. She couldn't even calm herself down from the stress.

Beandrop | Hunter | Robinheart, Stormtail
Interaction - Open

Beandrop opened her eyes weakly, her eyes were still filled with sleep. Giving them a few blinks, she looked at the large hole in the den. Her body twitched with the view of a dark sky and fewer cats in the clearing. It was obviously understandable why she slept in. Dustclan needed the fresh kill and more fresh kill means more lives.
Saliva piled up in her mouth as the image of fish entered her mind but she switched her attention to another disbelief. "...have to check with beandrop on her availability..." only a portion of words came in and out of her ear. She recognized that low but lovely voice. Mitts touched the soft ground and carefully lifted herself up. "Wonder what aid I'll be attending to... Hunting as always of course," approaching the she-cat, her eyes acknowledged that another cat was conversating.
Beandrop swayed with a confused look on her face. She sometimes had anxiety being around other cats who were foreign to her. The hunter shook her body to rid of the anxiety. Padding closer, she dipped her head in greeting. "Heya Robinheart, did you need me for something? I heard my name and I figured that I should come," ignoring the tom standing right by her, she looked directly at those yellow eyes.
Abruptly, a wave of dust hit her pelt. Coughing, she turned around to inspect the problem. There was Acornstem, laying on the ground with herbs falling from his mouth. "I-- I'll just take these to the medicine cat den," advancing over she picked up the bundle of herbs and rushed into the area. She stopped to take a glance around.
'I shouldn't have done it so suddenly. Everyone's going to think that I don't give a mousedung about him.'. Beandrop dropped the two sweet smelling plants and padded back outside. The she-cat trotted back over to the two cats who looked shocked in return. "Acornstem can care for himself-- right?" she asked. We didn't need a loss of our medicine cat already. One already died, why loose another?

Pumpkinroot | Guard | Fawnpad
Interaction - Open

"I just wish they didn't choose the mates for us. But I have to be truthful, I really don't want to be with you. It's just-- I don't feel attracted?"

"Mousebrain you don't need to tell her that. You gave her the kits so why act like this?" he muttered under his breath. The tom heard the whole conversation from a distance away. What was sad is that his sister agreed with everything Runningcloud had said. He watched as the she-cat climbed into the nursery, his lip drew back. He was worried about her falling and injuring the unborn kits.
'Stop worrying Pumpkinroot, she'll be fine-- Maybe if I help her with the stuff she needs-- Sleekfoot won't let me do that--'. He didn't need Runningcloud acting this way over two becoming mates. The same is going to happen to him, but without the rudeness toward the she-cat. Kits too if he ever gets any... Gasps filled the clan, he looked over as Acornstep staggered.
"I'm... here! You don't need to-- Coyotes...". But yowls from the nursery made him get up and rush into the open rock. "Fawnpad shh-- It's alright, he didn't say--" Pumpkinroot didn't want to quote what was said. He dropped down at her side, giving her comforting licks. "It's going to hurt us if we don't do something!" his sister meowed.
The orange and gray tom frowned.
"I promise there's nothing out there, he probably got attack by--" the guard couldn't think of anything to substitute the word "coyote". "Attacked by what? Tell me Pumpkinroot! I need to know if both me and my kits are safe-- and the clan," Pumpkinroot glanced sadly into his sister's eyes. "I'm sorry, there's nothing that..." he slowly got up, leapt outside, and went back to his usual place. Worried yowls still continued and ceased to stop. The nursery wasn't really a place where a tom could help a kin or mate. "Can somebody help her? A keeper would be fine. I couldn't really do anything about the sound," he shouted over the indistinct chattering.

@Malignant @shahnti @NickelDragons @Dunno
Acornstem | Medicine cat | Everyone
Interaction - Open

Moon high was a horrible way to travel, cold wind everywhere in the desert. Large fur was supposed to help this medicine cat stay warm but it had always failed. His skin felt as cold as ice, whiskers violently trembled with the feeling. Acornstem stumbled upon a hard rock, shaking his head every minute. 'I need to make it-- The clan is-- depending on me directly!' the medicine cat thought with determination.
He wasn't ready to let his clan down. No, not now, he had just moved up a rank so why waste his life giving up? A large gash appeared in his arm and massive scratches were scattered across his face. Blood oozed from the wounds, tracking the sandy ground beneath him. Scents wafted around, telling him that he was nearby Dustclan.
'Almost there! Just-- a few more steps'.The tom slowed, eyes dulling with the relief of his home. The wall of the clan thickly protected the clan, but he knew where the entrance was. Limping over to the band of bushes, he pushed himself through the opening. There, he saw a bunch of cats either pacing worriedly or talking excitedly. Some were eating but others were just bringing in fresh kill.
"I'm... here! You don't need to-- Coyotes..." the poor medicine cat staggered inward. With his eyes dropping, he immediately fell to the ground, dust spreading everywhere. Some of his scratches had already started to scab over. Acronstem's naturally unique pelt was ruined with the stench of blood. Marigold and Lavender gently hit the ground, he must've found them near the oasis. "Oh my goodness!" "Mousebrain, where was he this wh-" comments spread throughout the clan, catching everyone's attention.

Fawnpad | Keeper | Runningcloud
Interaction - Open

"Will you just sit down already?" a masculine voice hissed. "Runningcloud you know that I'm expecting kits. If I make a bad move, then there's no telling what'll happen to them," Fawnpad passively said towards her "mate". The tom looked at her for a second before turning away. "I just wish they didn't choose the mates for us. But I have to be truthful, I really don't want to be with you. It's just-- I don't feel attracted?" Runningcloud explained gently trying not to startle the she-cat. The keeper gave him an agreeable look before looking at the entrance the nursery.
She padded over and hauled her body up onto the rock. Scents from past kits made her cringe but she knew there were going to be more from her. Giving her mate one last glance, she padded over to the dark corner of the cave. "Nothing like the loneliness of a den. At least I'll have kits that can keep me entertained. If Sleekfoot will let me keep all," Fawnpad glanced at her sore stomach, a gloomy look appearing on her face. "I never wanted to be a mother!
Hunting appeals to me more than being a useless keeper. 'Kits are important!' they said. Yea right..." the gray she-cat muttered, wincing from the movement of her kits. She believed that it was only fair if the clan got to choose their own mates. That way there would be fewer arguments about how they disliked being together. Dustclan had enough cats, fertility didn't matter anymore so why were mates continuing being chosen?
A black and familiar pelt came into the clearing. Her expression turned into surprise from the appearance. Acornstem? I thought he had vanished from existence for a moment," the keeper looked away, trying not to even look at the wounds he was enduring. Coyotes... she flicked her ear once to hear better. "He didn't say coyotes... did he? What if I get hurt-- What if my kits get hurt?" she asked herself worriedly. Loud mews echoed from the nursery. She couldn't even calm herself down from the stress.

Beandrop | Hunter | Robinheart, Stormtail
Interaction - Open

Beandrop opened her eyes weakly, her eyes were still filled with sleep. Giving them a few blinks, she looked at the large hole in the den. Her body twitched with the view of a dark sky and fewer cats in the clearing. It was obviously understandable why she slept in. Dustclan needed the fresh kill and more fresh kill means more lives.
Saliva piled up in her mouth as the image of fish entered her mind but she switched her attention to another disbelief. "...have to check with beandrop on her availability..." only a portion of words came in and out of her ear. She recognized that low but lovely voice. Mitts touched the soft ground and carefully lifted herself up. "Wonder what aid I'll be attending to... Hunting as always of course," approaching the she-cat, her eyes acknowledged that another cat was conversating.
Beandrop swayed with a confused look on her face. She sometimes had anxiety being around other cats who were foreign to her. The hunter shook her body to rid of the anxiety. Padding closer, she dipped her head in greeting. "Heya Robinheart, did you need me for something? I heard my name and I figured that I should come," ignoring the tom standing right by her, she looked directly at those yellow eyes.
Abruptly, a wave of dust hit her pelt. Coughing, she turned around to inspect the problem. There was Acornstem, laying on the ground with herbs falling from his mouth. "I-- I'll just take these to the medicine cat den," advancing over she picked up the bundle of herbs and rushed into the area. She stopped to take a glance around.
'I shouldn't have done it so suddenly. Everyone's going to think that I don't give a mousedung about him.'. Beandrop dropped the two sweet smelling plants and padded back outside. The she-cat trotted back over to the two cats who looked shocked in return. "Acornstem can care for himself-- right?" she asked. We didn't need a loss of our medicine cat already. One already died, why loose another?

Pumpkinroot | Guard | Fawnpad
Interaction - Open

"I just wish they didn't choose the mates for us. But I have to be truthful, I really don't want to be with you. It's just-- I don't feel attracted?"

"Mousebrain you don't need to tell her that. You gave her the kits so why act like this?" he muttered under his breath. The tom heard the whole conversation from a distance away. What was sad is that his sister agreed with everything Runningcloud had said. He watched as the she-cat climbed into the nursery, his lip drew back. He was worried about her falling and injuring the unborn kits.
'Stop worrying Pumpkinroot, she'll be fine-- Maybe if I help her with the stuff she needs-- Sleekfoot won't let me do that--'. He didn't need Runningcloud acting this way over two becoming mates. The same is going to happen to him, but without the rudeness toward the she-cat. Kits too if he ever gets any... Gasps filled the clan, he looked over as Acornstep staggered.
"I'm... here! You don't need to-- Coyotes...". But yowls from the nursery made him get up and rush into the open rock. "Fawnpad shh-- It's alright, he didn't say--" Pumpkinroot didn't want to quote what was said. He dropped down at her side, giving her comforting licks. "It's going to hurt us if we don't do something!" his sister meowed.
The orange and gray tom frowned.
"I promise there's nothing out there, he probably got attack by--" the guard couldn't think of anything to substitute the word "coyote". "Attacked by what? Tell me Pumpkinroot! I need to know if both me and my kits are safe-- and the clan," Pumpkinroot glanced sadly into his sister's eyes. "I'm sorry, there's nothing that..." he slowly got up, leapt outside, and went back to his usual place. Worried yowls still continued and ceased to stop. The nursery wasn't really a place where a tom could help a kin or mate. "Can somebody help her? A keeper would be fine. I couldn't really do anything about the sound," he shouted over the indistinct chattering.

@Malignant @shahnti @NickelDragons @Dunno
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
@NickelDragons @TimeOblivion @shanti

Sleekfoot, who had just finished talking with Robinheart, was jolted out of her thoughts about the hunting patrol when Acornstem thudded into camp, the conflicting scents of blood and flowers spreading throughout the clearing. The black she-cat looked startled for only a moment before she quickly snapped back to attention, running over to the mottled tom to look at his wounds.
"The deepest gash is on his front leg, so be mindful of that. I'll carry him to his den with Dunefoot. Beandrop, get the rest of the herbs the found back to his den. They shouldn't be too hard to sort based on appearance. If anyone knows even basic battle remedies, you can come too- in case he's not well enough to inform us himself."
Lifting up the tom's limp body, slightly sticky from blood, onto her back, worry stabbed at the practical leader's brain. The wounds didn't seem fatal, but how long had he been bleeding? Did anyone besides Acornstem have proper knowledge on how to patch up these wounds? With the old Medicine Cat dead so recently, Acornstem had no apprentice, so if he died-
That was pointless to think about, because he wouldn't. She'd make sure of it.

Cactuspaw, who had been eating with his fellow apprentice, stood straight-upright as Acornstem stumbled into the clearing.
"Look, he's back!" the small cat yowled, but his voice was drowned out by the cacophony of cats asking questions, chattering, or asking their neighbor about what was in front of them. He instead turned to his denmate, expression comically startled, every fur on his body fluffed up in alarm (which made him resemble his namesake even more).
"What could have happened to him? It looks like he got attacked by something!" Cactuspaw looked at the gray she-cat as if she'd somehow have the answers to everything.-

@NickelDragons @TimeOblivion @shanti

Sleekfoot, who had just finished talking with Robinheart, was jolted out of her thoughts about the hunting patrol when Acornstem thudded into camp, the conflicting scents of blood and flowers spreading throughout the clearing. The black she-cat looked startled for only a moment before she quickly snapped back to attention, running over to the mottled tom to look at his wounds.
"The deepest gash is on his front leg, so be mindful of that. I'll carry him to his den with Dunefoot. Beandrop, get the rest of the herbs the found back to his den. They shouldn't be too hard to sort based on appearance. If anyone knows even basic battle remedies, you can come too- in case he's not well enough to inform us himself."
Lifting up the tom's limp body, slightly sticky from blood, onto her back, worry stabbed at the practical leader's brain. The wounds didn't seem fatal, but how long had he been bleeding? Did anyone besides Acornstem have proper knowledge on how to patch up these wounds? With the old Medicine Cat dead so recently, Acornstem had no apprentice, so if he died-
That was pointless to think about, because he wouldn't. She'd make sure of it.

Cactuspaw, who had been eating with his fellow apprentice, stood straight-upright as Acornstem stumbled into the clearing.
"Look, he's back!" the small cat yowled, but his voice was drowned out by the cacophony of cats asking questions, chattering, or asking their neighbor about what was in front of them. He instead turned to his denmate, expression comically startled, every fur on his body fluffed up in alarm (which made him resemble his namesake even more).
"What could have happened to him? It looks like he got attacked by something!" Cactuspaw looked at the gray she-cat as if she'd somehow have the answers to everything.-

GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
@TimeOblivion @Shaunti @Malignantt

Robinheart looked at the cat who approached her and chuckled. "Yes, Are you and your apprentice free tomorrow morning?" The question remained unanwsered as Acornstem stumbled in. So the tracks proved true, but when he collapsed well... Time seemed to stop. Sleekfoot ran over, gave some demands, beandrop grsbbed the herbs. "If anyone knows any basic battle remedies, you can come too." Robinheart clenched her paws. She didn't know any herbs besides what was poisonous.

When beandrop returned, she asked "Acornstem can care for himself-- right?" the rust colored cat responded with a simple. "I hope so..."

Riverpaw was completely startled. "H-He just fell over." Her eyes were slightly big, The shecat looked as if she had shutdown. Riverpaw never handled death well, and she kind of knew Acornstem, considering all the bumps and bruises she got from her secret training sessions. Being broken out of her revire by Cactuspaw she said "He fell over....They believe he is unconscious.. thats all I could get."
@TimeOblivion @Shaunti @Malignantt

Robinheart looked at the cat who approached her and chuckled. "Yes, Are you and your apprentice free tomorrow morning?" The question remained unanwsered as Acornstem stumbled in. So the tracks proved true, but when he collapsed well... Time seemed to stop. Sleekfoot ran over, gave some demands, beandrop grsbbed the herbs. "If anyone knows any basic battle remedies, you can come too." Robinheart clenched her paws. She didn't know any herbs besides what was poisonous.

When beandrop returned, she asked "Acornstem can care for himself-- right?" the rust colored cat responded with a simple. "I hope so..."

Riverpaw was completely startled. "H-He just fell over." Her eyes were slightly big, The shecat looked as if she had shutdown. Riverpaw never handled death well, and she kind of knew Acornstem, considering all the bumps and bruises she got from her secret training sessions. Being broken out of her revire by Cactuspaw she said "He fell over....They believe he is unconscious.. thats all I could get."
Kawapaw - Interaction Open
@NickelDragons @TimeOblivion @shanti @Malignantt (Note that Kawapaw's usually oblivious and such...)

Kawapaw woke up lazily, streching his body on his bed, blinking to find that all the other apprentices were already awake. Oh well. Kawapaw cheerfully trotted out of the den, hoping to wave hi to a few friends. He quickly noticed Beandrop out of the corner of his eye, standing next to some cats. "Hey Beandrop!" He chirped, pawing over. "Hey- Oh..." Kawapaw noticed Acornstem on the grass, still.

Kawapaw dropped to the floor, eye on Acornstem's chest. It was rising, falling, at a steady rate. "Guys! I think he's just unconsious." He piped up. What had happened?
Kawapaw - Interaction Open
@NickelDragons @TimeOblivion @shanti @Malignantt (Note that Kawapaw's usually oblivious and such...)

Kawapaw woke up lazily, streching his body on his bed, blinking to find that all the other apprentices were already awake. Oh well. Kawapaw cheerfully trotted out of the den, hoping to wave hi to a few friends. He quickly noticed Beandrop out of the corner of his eye, standing next to some cats. "Hey Beandrop!" He chirped, pawing over. "Hey- Oh..." Kawapaw noticed Acornstem on the grass, still.

Kawapaw dropped to the floor, eye on Acornstem's chest. It was rising, falling, at a steady rate. "Guys! I think he's just unconsious." He piped up. What had happened?
7iF4Ik8.png
q4vz4Sb.png
(Sorry for not replying, I didn't wake up until a couple hours ago! ^^)

@Malignantt @TimeOblivion @NickelDragons

Dunefoot, having helped carry Acornstem to the medicine den, was busy sorting through the many herbs he had there. Her ears twitched, and she called out to Sleekfoot, "This one, over here. Marigold. We need to chew it into a poultice, and then spread it on his wounds... I'll look for cobwebs to bind them, if you could do that for him..." Her tail flicked. She had learned basic herbs from her previous mentor. Sibling to the medicine cat, they had thought it was best for their apprentice to learn basic things... But she didn't know quite enough. Marigold to heal, Cobwebs to bind, Yarrow for if you swallow poison... After retrieving the cobwebs, she brought them to Acornstem as quickly as she could. "This is pretty much all I know... But hopefully it should be able to help him." They focused on the large gash on his leg first.

She blinked, and sighed. "You think he's going to be okay, don't you, Sleekfoot? He's our only Medicine Cat. We can't lose him." Dunefoot seemed to have steeled her resolve. "No, no. He's going to survive. I know it."

Stormtail moved to Riverpaw's side, and spoke quietly. "He was badly injured... But he's going to be okay. They took him to the medicine cat den, and they're probably going to heal his injuries. I wouldn't be too worried..."
Despite saying this, Stormtail was extremely worried. Acornstem had to survive.
(Sorry for not replying, I didn't wake up until a couple hours ago! ^^)

@Malignantt @TimeOblivion @NickelDragons

Dunefoot, having helped carry Acornstem to the medicine den, was busy sorting through the many herbs he had there. Her ears twitched, and she called out to Sleekfoot, "This one, over here. Marigold. We need to chew it into a poultice, and then spread it on his wounds... I'll look for cobwebs to bind them, if you could do that for him..." Her tail flicked. She had learned basic herbs from her previous mentor. Sibling to the medicine cat, they had thought it was best for their apprentice to learn basic things... But she didn't know quite enough. Marigold to heal, Cobwebs to bind, Yarrow for if you swallow poison... After retrieving the cobwebs, she brought them to Acornstem as quickly as she could. "This is pretty much all I know... But hopefully it should be able to help him." They focused on the large gash on his leg first.

She blinked, and sighed. "You think he's going to be okay, don't you, Sleekfoot? He's our only Medicine Cat. We can't lose him." Dunefoot seemed to have steeled her resolve. "No, no. He's going to survive. I know it."

Stormtail moved to Riverpaw's side, and spoke quietly. "He was badly injured... But he's going to be okay. They took him to the medicine cat den, and they're probably going to heal his injuries. I wouldn't be too worried..."
Despite saying this, Stormtail was extremely worried. Acornstem had to survive.
odcz8rb.gif paintra
she/her
art cred.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10