Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Now I'll Kindly Bid You Adieu (CLOSED)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(( Hi! I have school and other activities during the day, so I cannot respond very quickly. Sorry about that! Also, please wait for me to respond when the time calls for it. We don't want any time paradoxes on our hands! The first few paragraphs will just be me catching up on what I missed throughout the day. ))

James looked up at the African grey. "Oh! Hello there, Nosferatu! Would you like some snake eggs?" He asked, picking up the fragile egg and placing it in front of him. He wouldn't mind the loss; he was full, anyways. Not waiting for his response, he picked up the scraps of his meal and stored them in a small corner of the vegetation. "This is for the Marbles." He said to himself, patting the mess of blood and skin with a claw. He began to get ready for flight, aiming for the sunny tree ahead of him. He didn't know where the Marble was, or the Puna, but perhaps they will come by his tree as he sunned himself. While he did enjoy talking to the others, Nosferatu had a history of being a troublemaker. Lazily spreading his tail feathers out a bit, he closed his eyes and soaked in the early morning sun, the beams of light bouncing off his feathers like gems.

Liia sat in her small den, snuggled up with Sahna as they dozed their morning away. While she wanted to get up, she didn't want to disturb Sahna. So, she slipped her head into the fluffy feathers, and fell back into a shallow sleep.
(( Hi! I have school and other activities during the day, so I cannot respond very quickly. Sorry about that! Also, please wait for me to respond when the time calls for it. We don't want any time paradoxes on our hands! The first few paragraphs will just be me catching up on what I missed throughout the day. ))

James looked up at the African grey. "Oh! Hello there, Nosferatu! Would you like some snake eggs?" He asked, picking up the fragile egg and placing it in front of him. He wouldn't mind the loss; he was full, anyways. Not waiting for his response, he picked up the scraps of his meal and stored them in a small corner of the vegetation. "This is for the Marbles." He said to himself, patting the mess of blood and skin with a claw. He began to get ready for flight, aiming for the sunny tree ahead of him. He didn't know where the Marble was, or the Puna, but perhaps they will come by his tree as he sunned himself. While he did enjoy talking to the others, Nosferatu had a history of being a troublemaker. Lazily spreading his tail feathers out a bit, he closed his eyes and soaked in the early morning sun, the beams of light bouncing off his feathers like gems.

Liia sat in her small den, snuggled up with Sahna as they dozed their morning away. While she wanted to get up, she didn't want to disturb Sahna. So, she slipped her head into the fluffy feathers, and fell back into a shallow sleep.
Hello! I am 2 hours ahead of FR time.
cockatiel_icon_by_ceavit-d63tcsi.gif
mnem
She/Her
Puna caught a flash of deep blue and a long train: James. She flew over to the tree he had long since claimed as his sunning tree and perched of a branch close to his.
"Hi James! How are you?"
Puna caught a flash of deep blue and a long train: James. She flew over to the tree he had long since claimed as his sunning tree and perched of a branch close to his.
"Hi James! How are you?"

I have a great weakness for plants, good stories, and dragons.
Looking over at Puna, James gave her a happy shake of his tail feathers in acknowledgement. "Hello! I'm doing great, thanks for asking. I woke up early to stalk this humongous snake I saw yesterday; turns out, it was about to lay its eggs, as well! I left some scraps for Marbles, if they want some. They're in that vegetation over there." He rambled, stretching his wings and wiping the blood off his beak with a nearby leaf. Pausing for a moment to compose himself, (After all, peacocks should always be at least somewhat graceful) he adjusted his position on the branch so he could fully face Puna. "How are you? Any interesting gossip?"
Looking over at Puna, James gave her a happy shake of his tail feathers in acknowledgement. "Hello! I'm doing great, thanks for asking. I woke up early to stalk this humongous snake I saw yesterday; turns out, it was about to lay its eggs, as well! I left some scraps for Marbles, if they want some. They're in that vegetation over there." He rambled, stretching his wings and wiping the blood off his beak with a nearby leaf. Pausing for a moment to compose himself, (After all, peacocks should always be at least somewhat graceful) he adjusted his position on the branch so he could fully face Puna. "How are you? Any interesting gossip?"
mnem
She/Her
"I'm sure Marble will appreciate the gesture, even if she doesn't like the taste of snake." Puna twittered back. James was always a good conversation partner.
"I'm doing well. They've got a hummingbird in the enclosure now- I was over this morning. She got stuck on one of the trap trees almost right away, but she used her beak to get her feet off. The scientists looked impressed." She paused to stretch a little; the sun was warm on her feathers.
"Josh certainly startled me this morning," she continued, "even though he does it every morning. I could hear him from the enclosure, and it freaked out the hummingbird too. I wonder if there's any way we could talk to them..." she trailed off.
"I'm sure Marble will appreciate the gesture, even if she doesn't like the taste of snake." Puna twittered back. James was always a good conversation partner.
"I'm doing well. They've got a hummingbird in the enclosure now- I was over this morning. She got stuck on one of the trap trees almost right away, but she used her beak to get her feet off. The scientists looked impressed." She paused to stretch a little; the sun was warm on her feathers.
"Josh certainly startled me this morning," she continued, "even though he does it every morning. I could hear him from the enclosure, and it freaked out the hummingbird too. I wonder if there's any way we could talk to them..." she trailed off.

James looked down at the cement labratory in thought, thinking about what he had observed a few days ago. "Well, I do know a way into the enclosure, but we may get caught in the process. We'd have to do it when everyone goes home." He said, scratching at the rough bark of the tree. A few scratches later, and a small grub nest was uncovered. He picked a few up with his beak and offered them to Puna.
James looked down at the cement labratory in thought, thinking about what he had observed a few days ago. "Well, I do know a way into the enclosure, but we may get caught in the process. We'd have to do it when everyone goes home." He said, scratching at the rough bark of the tree. A few scratches later, and a small grub nest was uncovered. He picked a few up with his beak and offered them to Puna.
mnem
She/Her
Puna accepted one. She preferred her fruit, but the grub had a rather interesting flavor. "Really?" Puna asked once she finished chewing, "I think we should try it. I bet the birds in there would want some sort of outside company. Oh! And we could bring them extra food and stuff in case they don't like what the scientists offer them!" The parrot bobbed up and down excitedly, causing the branch to sway slightly.
Puna accepted one. She preferred her fruit, but the grub had a rather interesting flavor. "Really?" Puna asked once she finished chewing, "I think we should try it. I bet the birds in there would want some sort of outside company. Oh! And we could bring them extra food and stuff in case they don't like what the scientists offer them!" The parrot bobbed up and down excitedly, causing the branch to sway slightly.

He flew through halls fast. "Breakfast breakfast." He said to himself. He ran into a nice decorated box saying, "Josh. :) WARNING TO SCIENTISTS! Caffeine ***** are prohibited for this box. All other medicines are allowed. Thank you." Inside he found some worms with a big fern. "YEEEEEEY!" He hollered. He started eating.
He flew through halls fast. "Breakfast breakfast." He said to himself. He ran into a nice decorated box saying, "Josh. :) WARNING TO SCIENTISTS! Caffeine ***** are prohibited for this box. All other medicines are allowed. Thank you." Inside he found some worms with a big fern. "YEEEEEEY!" He hollered. He started eating.

Letting Puna do.. whatever, she followed the scent trail to the courtyard, where a mess of.. egg yolk and meat sack. It smelled like the peackock and shoebill had been there, and she decided to thank the peacock, who's scent was on it the most. Immediately perking up, she went to the mess of meat and started to dig her head in it, eagerly gulping down the meat, filling her stomach without a care in the world, or what might happen to her stomach a few hours later. After filling her stomach with the delicious, full-tasting meat that she rarely tasted in favor of her owner giving her okay kibble, she slowly backed away while licking her mouth, taking any stray peices of meat right where it belonged. She decided to leave the rest for anyone who came, or herself if it was still there.

Walking back into the lab, she headed into the hallways in search of the hummingbird Puna was talking about, careful to use her eyes and not her nose, as it would barely register anyways, with all the scent of bird that even animals that weren't dogs with noses like her could smell. Right, left, right, left again, straight... and she was soon facing a giant enclosure, with a hummingbird peacefully drinking some nectar on a flower. Must be her, she thought. Lucky I'm not hungry, or it would probably be creeped out. She watched the tiny thing, and couldn't stop the thought of I could put that bird easily in my mouth floating into her mind. Marble watched the bird with mild interest, with similar thoughts coming in and out of her mind, as it ate it's own meal.

Letting Puna do.. whatever, she followed the scent trail to the courtyard, where a mess of.. egg yolk and meat sack. It smelled like the peackock and shoebill had been there, and she decided to thank the peacock, who's scent was on it the most. Immediately perking up, she went to the mess of meat and started to dig her head in it, eagerly gulping down the meat, filling her stomach without a care in the world, or what might happen to her stomach a few hours later. After filling her stomach with the delicious, full-tasting meat that she rarely tasted in favor of her owner giving her okay kibble, she slowly backed away while licking her mouth, taking any stray peices of meat right where it belonged. She decided to leave the rest for anyone who came, or herself if it was still there.

Walking back into the lab, she headed into the hallways in search of the hummingbird Puna was talking about, careful to use her eyes and not her nose, as it would barely register anyways, with all the scent of bird that even animals that weren't dogs with noses like her could smell. Right, left, right, left again, straight... and she was soon facing a giant enclosure, with a hummingbird peacefully drinking some nectar on a flower. Must be her, she thought. Lucky I'm not hungry, or it would probably be creeped out. She watched the tiny thing, and couldn't stop the thought of I could put that bird easily in my mouth floating into her mind. Marble watched the bird with mild interest, with similar thoughts coming in and out of her mind, as it ate it's own meal.
Hoarfrost woke up, and sleepily glared at the birds around her. She was HUNGRY. Did the scientists not know that it was breakfast time for her? She picked up a stick in her talons, threw it at the cage wall, and hooted loudly. A scientist came over and dropped a lemming in her cage, which Hoarfrost ate quickly. The issue of breakfast solved, she flew to her perch and gave the rest of the lab a regal glare.
Hoarfrost woke up, and sleepily glared at the birds around her. She was HUNGRY. Did the scientists not know that it was breakfast time for her? She picked up a stick in her talons, threw it at the cage wall, and hooted loudly. A scientist came over and dropped a lemming in her cage, which Hoarfrost ate quickly. The issue of breakfast solved, she flew to her perch and gave the rest of the lab a regal glare.
sell me tundras and ridgies
there's no u in MY color fight me british lads
Pip hungrily drank the sugary liquid, before moving to another flower, and then another, and finally, at long last, she was full.
It was then that she realized she was being watched.
The minuscule creature spun in the air, fluttering backwards a few paces, and blinked.

A giant, hairy, black-and-white...thing stood before her, with blue eyes and a lolling tongue.
What in heavens name WAS that?
Pip's dark eyes focused on its teeth.
However, being the spunky little bird that she was, she didn't move away.
Instead, she fluttered closer, perching on a thin branch above the creature's head, trusting her crazy speed to get her out of there if need be.
"Hi," she offered, curiosity tinging her voice, folding her tiny wings to her back.
Could the furry animal even understand her?

She tentatively hopped closer, on another branch, ready to be friendly, but also ready to poke its eye with her beak if she truly needed to.
"What's your name? And, er, if you don't mind my asking, what exactly are you?"
Pip hungrily drank the sugary liquid, before moving to another flower, and then another, and finally, at long last, she was full.
It was then that she realized she was being watched.
The minuscule creature spun in the air, fluttering backwards a few paces, and blinked.

A giant, hairy, black-and-white...thing stood before her, with blue eyes and a lolling tongue.
What in heavens name WAS that?
Pip's dark eyes focused on its teeth.
However, being the spunky little bird that she was, she didn't move away.
Instead, she fluttered closer, perching on a thin branch above the creature's head, trusting her crazy speed to get her out of there if need be.
"Hi," she offered, curiosity tinging her voice, folding her tiny wings to her back.
Could the furry animal even understand her?

She tentatively hopped closer, on another branch, ready to be friendly, but also ready to poke its eye with her beak if she truly needed to.
"What's your name? And, er, if you don't mind my asking, what exactly are you?"
bHeX9bv.png[/url][/center]

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9