Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Closed] Eira calls for a council
[size=4]This thread details various events happening with (and to) the folk of Clan Endro. No warnings apply, unless you don't want to read about Emperors. Our main thread can be found [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2076202]here[/url].[/size] [br][br] [center]* * *[/center] [br] [size=4][i]Brilliant fields of Sunbeam Rotala stretched forth, wafting in a fitful breeze. The sky, blue and expansive, met the horizon off in the distance. Overhead, the sun blazed, yet its rays carried no warmth. The ruins were ahead. [b]Mother[/b] was ahead. Surely Mother could ease this torment.[/i] Lost in the depths of sleep, Wencel's features creased with concern. [i]"Why must they fight us?"[/i] A question, painfully uttered in memory, found its match in an echo from Wencel, his voice a broken whisper against his pillow. [i]Flocking nearer, all through the sky, they came. Pearlcatchers, Guardians, Imperials, others forgotten. Irrelevant. Driven to fury, the creature rose to engage its attackers. Its form, endlessly pained, lacked grace. For what it lacked, it made up for in sheer strength and number. Fueled by rage and sorrow, it breathed gouts of fire--twisted, darkened, even the element an aberration of its true form--against its attackers. Though they fell, more came, spilling their magic in desperation. Blinded by rage, the Emperor grasped at the elemental magic of its attackers, from the surrounding landscape, from the plants growing over it. A great swath wilted and blackened, its essence consumed. Strengthened, the multitudinous heads broke into a deafening scream.[/i] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/908cd540a40575362714dfccb5b65be8/tumblr_okb1iqhZqC1ua2iaio1_250.png[/img] Gasping, Wencel thrashed into wakefulness. His throat ached, as though he'd been... screaming. Someone was knocking at his door. Shivering, drenched in a cold sweat, he climbed out of bed. The water in the small basin by his dresser was cold, but he dropped a cloth into it and started scrubbing his face and neck regardless. The knocking continued. "Sornieth help me what do you want," he sighed, thoroughly distressed. Ignoring the racing of his heart, he snatched a clean shirt, pulled it on, and left his bedchamber to answer the door.
This thread details various events happening with (and to) the folk of Clan Endro. No warnings apply, unless you don't want to read about Emperors. Our main thread can be found here.

Brilliant fields of Sunbeam Rotala stretched forth, wafting in a fitful breeze. The sky, blue and expansive, met the horizon off in the distance. Overhead, the sun blazed, yet its rays carried no warmth.

The ruins were ahead.

Mother was ahead.

Surely Mother could ease this torment.

Lost in the depths of sleep, Wencel's features creased with concern.

"Why must they fight us?"

A question, painfully uttered in memory, found its match in an echo from Wencel, his voice a broken whisper against his pillow.

Flocking nearer, all through the sky, they came. Pearlcatchers, Guardians, Imperials, others forgotten. Irrelevant. Driven to fury, the creature rose to engage its attackers. Its form, endlessly pained, lacked grace. For what it lacked, it made up for in sheer strength and number. Fueled by rage and sorrow, it breathed gouts of fire--twisted, darkened, even the element an aberration of its true form--against its attackers.

Though they fell, more came, spilling their magic in desperation.

Blinded by rage, the Emperor grasped at the elemental magic of its attackers, from the surrounding landscape, from the plants growing over it. A great swath wilted and blackened, its essence consumed.

Strengthened, the multitudinous heads broke into a deafening scream.

tumblr_okb1iqhZqC1ua2iaio1_250.png
Gasping, Wencel thrashed into wakefulness. His throat ached, as though he'd been... screaming.

Someone was knocking at his door.

Shivering, drenched in a cold sweat, he climbed out of bed. The water in the small basin by his dresser was cold, but he dropped a cloth into it and started scrubbing his face and neck regardless.

The knocking continued.

"Sornieth help me what do you want," he sighed, thoroughly distressed. Ignoring the racing of his heart, he snatched a clean shirt, pulled it on, and left his bedchamber to answer the door.
_________________________________________ O c h i b a
fr time +1 (MST)
she/her • they/them
Lightning to Ice
Wishlist (Nunivak's bio)
rbI5hqT.pngRCrtb7I.pngR79bmFN.pngDYnd7sf.pngrSIsbJn.png8GB0qBO.pngaFt0thR.png
RskN6mH.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4781784][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/47818/4781784_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [br] [center]* * *[/center] [br] [size=4]Cypher, worried at the shout he'd heard (and having just finished knocking) started as the door flew open. "Yes?" Wencel inquired. Taken aback at the brusque question, Cypher's expression grew concerned. "Eira sent me, but never mind that, are you all right? I heard-" "What does Eira want?" Wencel interrupted. Entirely off-balance in the face of such abruptness from the normally quite friendly historian, Cypher settled back on his hind legs and crossed his forelegs. "Wencel, this isn't like you. What's happened?" Faced with Cypher's determination, Wencel--weariness suddenly apparent--seemed to deflate. With a sigh, he let his gaze fall to the floor. "I hardly know where to begin, but... oh for the sake of the Icewarden, Cypher, what does Eira want? She doesn't care to be kept waiting." Knowing the truth of Wencel's latter statement all too well, Cypher eased his posture. He could always probe the matter later. "She sent me to get you, actually, along with a few others. They've headed to the council chamber. As for purpose, she didn't say." "Fine, fine. Let me find a better shirt and make myself presentable. Let them know I won't be long?" With a nod, Cypher settled back to his forelegs. "I'll let them know. Hopefully it's nothing bad, being that we're barely into the Gala." Instead of replying, Wencel disappeared into his quarters and closed the door. Confused and rather worried, Cypher headed back toward the council chambers.[/size]
4781784_350.png

Cypher, worried at the shout he'd heard (and having just finished knocking) started as the door flew open.

"Yes?" Wencel inquired.

Taken aback at the brusque question, Cypher's expression grew concerned. "Eira sent me, but never mind that, are you all right? I heard-"

"What does Eira want?" Wencel interrupted.

Entirely off-balance in the face of such abruptness from the normally quite friendly historian, Cypher settled back on his hind legs and crossed his forelegs. "Wencel, this isn't like you. What's happened?"

Faced with Cypher's determination, Wencel--weariness suddenly apparent--seemed to deflate. With a sigh, he let his gaze fall to the floor. "I hardly know where to begin, but... oh for the sake of the Icewarden, Cypher, what does Eira want? She doesn't care to be kept waiting."

Knowing the truth of Wencel's latter statement all too well, Cypher eased his posture. He could always probe the matter later. "She sent me to get you, actually, along with a few others. They've headed to the council chamber. As for purpose, she didn't say."

"Fine, fine. Let me find a better shirt and make myself presentable. Let them know I won't be long?"

With a nod, Cypher settled back to his forelegs. "I'll let them know. Hopefully it's nothing bad, being that we're barely into the Gala."

Instead of replying, Wencel disappeared into his quarters and closed the door.

Confused and rather worried, Cypher headed back toward the council chambers.
fr time +1 (MST)
she/her • they/them
Lightning to Ice
Wishlist (Nunivak's bio)
RskN6mH.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29372923] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/293730/29372923_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [size=4]Pacing about his den, tail swishing anxiously, Wencel forced himself to remember the dream. It wasn't difficult. If anything, it was clearer than nearly every dream he'd ever had. [i]Was it even a dream?[/i] He wondered, coming to a halt. The fields, surely they bordered the realm of Light. He'd never been there, but others amongst the clan had grown up there. They'd know, surely. Not that he knew how to pose such a question. [i]Was an Emperor dragon ever fought in some rolling fields on the outskirts of the realm of Light?[/i] Shaking his head, Wencel sighed. Eira awaited, and if he didn't turn up someone would come looking for him posthaste.[/size] [br][br] [center]* * *[/center] [br] [size=4]Dressed and brushed, Wencel arrived before one of the smaller council chambers. Trying to ignore his whirling thoughts, he reached for the handle to pull the door open. Several of Wencel's fellow clanfolk waited within. Eira, dressed in Crystalline Gala finery, took him by surprise. He'd never seen her wear clothes that weren't [i]sensible.[/i] The difference was striking, yet did nothing to detract from her usual steady presence. Drift, ever the presence to fill a room, took up nearly a full third of the table's diameter. His height, even while laying on the floor, easily enabled him to clear the surface of the table. Spaced at intervals around the remainder of the table were Giuliano, Zydeco, Gobi, Archer, and Cypher. [i]Wencel, join us?[/i] Eira inquired, her thought a gentle touch against his mind. "Of course," he said, moving forward to join them around the table. [i]Wonderful. Now that we're all here, I've a matter of some seriousness we need to discuss. Moreover, we need to come to an agreement on it.[/i] Soft murmurs followed Eira's statement. [i]Some of you might not know why you're here, so let me first ask the one in question if they're comfortable with this assembly.[/i] A few nods followed her words. [i]Wencel, this council involves you directly. Cypher, as of now, doesn't know of the danger you faced in the depths of the moulin. If you'd have him remain unawares, please give me a nod.[/i] Realizing she'd spoken to him and him alone, Wencel--considering Cypher for a moment--realized it couldn't bring further harm, to have him know. "I've no objection, milady," he replied, meeting her gaze. [i]It is settled then. Henceforth, for all present in this room, I would have the matter we discuss remain within these walls. We'll be discussing the rescue of Wencel, by a majority of those now in attendance. If you've spoken to your fellow clanfolk of such things, please, tell me now?[/i] Silence met Eira's query. After a moment, Wencel looked up. "What of Piertrov, Rusalka, and Nickolias?" [i]An excellent question, but one I've addressed. They've promised to maintain their silence on the matter, as per the secrecy outlined for physicians in their dealings with patients.[/i] "That and I expect it's a terribly sore subject," Archer muttered. "There is that, yes," Drift echoed, before Eira could rise to Archer's casual bait. Mollified, she glanced about those in attendance once more. [i]I've asked all of you here, today, because you learned of something--a creature, imprisoned deep beneath the ice--and we need its location to remain a secret. There are many out there who'd... take a chance, to unearth such an aberration, in the hopes of bending it to their will, or through a far simpler desire to merely unleash it upon those who dwell here. The less they know, the better. Our silence, here in the ice, keeps us safe. I would ask all of you, here in this room, to maintain that silence, and would hear and consider any objections you may have now, if you'd be willing to share them.[/i] "Milady, what... what are we discussing?" Cypher asked, when no-one voiced an immediate objection to Eira's thoughts. "An Emperor, Cypher," Drift placidly rumbled in reply. Cypher shot to his feet. "What? Here?" "Not [i]right[/i] here, but yes, here," Archer responded, absently rolling a silver coin between his talons on the tabletop. "I thought they were a myth!" Zydeco folded her forelegs on the tabletop. "I thought they were a myth too, but Cypher. I felt it down there. I didn't see it, but I felt it." Clearly remembering the event, she shivered. "A myth took away my ability to fly," Wencel added, voice soft. Stunned, Cypher resumed his seat on the floor. "They're real, Cypher," added Giuliano, rubbing the back of his forepaw against his face. "I went down there, with Archer. We saw it. Archer freed Wencel from its grasp, so that I could carry him up and out of the chasm." [i]We're arriving, in a roundabout fashion, to the reason I've invited you Cypher.[/i] Cypher looked up, confusion plain. [i]You're an extremely gifted engineer. It was my hope that in lieu of Piertrov and Rusalka doing their best, and healing Wencel, that you might consider aiding in the design of a prosthetic. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe our historian and archivist would like to fly, once again, even if such flight should be achieved through the use of additional aid.[/i] Blinking, Wencel glanced from Eira to Cypher, then back. "I... yes, though I've given it little thought. I've been preoccupied, of late." "You've only just recovered and escaped from Piertrov," added Archer, freezing his coin to the tabletop at a slanted angle. Eira frowned at him. "I'd be most glad, milady, Wencel," Cypher replied, looking to Eira and then to Wencel. [i]Thank you, Cypher. I realize such a matter may require you to return to the Shifting Expanse, and that it may also require Wencel to accompany you. I give you my express permission to make that venture, in advance, should you find it necessary. You may claim whatever resources you deem pertinent to such a trip. Should you encounter expense, please consider our funds equally to hand. Now, everyone. Are we in agreement, as to the matter I originally summoned everyone here for?[/i] "I won't breathe a word," whispered Zydeco, her voice ringing true. "Nor I," echoed Gobi. Realizing that this, equally, was binding him to silence, Wencel glanced toward Archer. To his surprise, the mage was looking back. Even as he said "I'll keep my silence," his gaze, locked with Wencel's, didn't waver. Sudden understanding calmed Wencel's nerves. Finally dropping his eyes from Archer's, he said "I'll leave the truth of it here in this room." [i]Thank you, everyone. I believe such silence only for the best, for our protection as well as that of untold others, so that they should never have to face such a horror.[/i] Meeting therein concluded, quiet shuffling filled the room as its occupants rose and slowly made their way out the doors. Wencel rose and followed, accompanied by Cypher, his fellow Skydancer clearly eager to get started. Heading down the corridor in hopes of returning to the quiet of his quarters, Wencel paused when he heard his name. Looking back, he saw Archer exiting the council chamber. "Tea, later tonight?" Ruminating in the knowledge that his potential social outlets for his recent experiences had dropped to one, Wencel gave a firm nod. Archer, whilst having been friendly from the start, was the reason he'd survived and escaped the chasm. If Archer felt comfortable bucking Eira's rules and the traditional silence of the Ice realm... He wasn't going to turn him away. Surely, it'd be foolish to do so, for then he'd have only himself and his memories. [i]And new nightmares,[/i] he thought, hoping the mage wouldn't change his mind.

Pacing about his den, tail swishing anxiously, Wencel forced himself to remember the dream. It wasn't difficult.

If anything, it was clearer than nearly every dream he'd ever had.

Was it even a dream? He wondered, coming to a halt. The fields, surely they bordered the realm of Light. He'd never been there, but others amongst the clan had grown up there. They'd know, surely.

Not that he knew how to pose such a question. Was an Emperor dragon ever fought in some rolling fields on the outskirts of the realm of Light?

Shaking his head, Wencel sighed. Eira awaited, and if he didn't turn up someone would come looking for him posthaste.

Dressed and brushed, Wencel arrived before one of the smaller council chambers. Trying to ignore his whirling thoughts, he reached for the handle to pull the door open.

Several of Wencel's fellow clanfolk waited within. Eira, dressed in Crystalline Gala finery, took him by surprise. He'd never seen her wear clothes that weren't sensible. The difference was striking, yet did nothing to detract from her usual steady presence.

Drift, ever the presence to fill a room, took up nearly a full third of the table's diameter. His height, even while laying on the floor, easily enabled him to clear the surface of the table.

Spaced at intervals around the remainder of the table were Giuliano, Zydeco, Gobi, Archer, and Cypher.

Wencel, join us? Eira inquired, her thought a gentle touch against his mind.

"Of course," he said, moving forward to join them around the table.

Wonderful. Now that we're all here, I've a matter of some seriousness we need to discuss. Moreover, we need to come to an agreement on it.

Soft murmurs followed Eira's statement.

Some of you might not know why you're here, so let me first ask the one in question if they're comfortable with this assembly.

A few nods followed her words.

Wencel, this council involves you directly. Cypher, as of now, doesn't know of the danger you faced in the depths of the moulin. If you'd have him remain unawares, please give me a nod.

Realizing she'd spoken to him and him alone, Wencel--considering Cypher for a moment--realized it couldn't bring further harm, to have him know. "I've no objection, milady," he replied, meeting her gaze.

It is settled then. Henceforth, for all present in this room, I would have the matter we discuss remain within these walls. We'll be discussing the rescue of Wencel, by a majority of those now in attendance. If you've spoken to your fellow clanfolk of such things, please, tell me now?

Silence met Eira's query.

After a moment, Wencel looked up. "What of Piertrov, Rusalka, and Nickolias?"

An excellent question, but one I've addressed. They've promised to maintain their silence on the matter, as per the secrecy outlined for physicians in their dealings with patients.

"That and I expect it's a terribly sore subject," Archer muttered.

"There is that, yes," Drift echoed, before Eira could rise to Archer's casual bait.

Mollified, she glanced about those in attendance once more. I've asked all of you here, today, because you learned of something--a creature, imprisoned deep beneath the ice--and we need its location to remain a secret. There are many out there who'd... take a chance, to unearth such an aberration, in the hopes of bending it to their will, or through a far simpler desire to merely unleash it upon those who dwell here. The less they know, the better. Our silence, here in the ice, keeps us safe. I would ask all of you, here in this room, to maintain that silence, and would hear and consider any objections you may have now, if you'd be willing to share them.

"Milady, what... what are we discussing?" Cypher asked, when no-one voiced an immediate objection to Eira's thoughts.

"An Emperor, Cypher," Drift placidly rumbled in reply.

Cypher shot to his feet. "What? Here?"

"Not right here, but yes, here," Archer responded, absently rolling a silver coin between his talons on the tabletop.

"I thought they were a myth!"

Zydeco folded her forelegs on the tabletop. "I thought they were a myth too, but Cypher. I felt it down there. I didn't see it, but I felt it." Clearly remembering the event, she shivered.

"A myth took away my ability to fly," Wencel added, voice soft.

Stunned, Cypher resumed his seat on the floor.

"They're real, Cypher," added Giuliano, rubbing the back of his forepaw against his face. "I went down there, with Archer. We saw it. Archer freed Wencel from its grasp, so that I could carry him up and out of the chasm."

We're arriving, in a roundabout fashion, to the reason I've invited you Cypher.

Cypher looked up, confusion plain.

You're an extremely gifted engineer. It was my hope that in lieu of Piertrov and Rusalka doing their best, and healing Wencel, that you might consider aiding in the design of a prosthetic. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe our historian and archivist would like to fly, once again, even if such flight should be achieved through the use of additional aid.

Blinking, Wencel glanced from Eira to Cypher, then back. "I... yes, though I've given it little thought. I've been preoccupied, of late."

"You've only just recovered and escaped from Piertrov," added Archer, freezing his coin to the tabletop at a slanted angle.

Eira frowned at him.

"I'd be most glad, milady, Wencel," Cypher replied, looking to Eira and then to Wencel.

Thank you, Cypher. I realize such a matter may require you to return to the Shifting Expanse, and that it may also require Wencel to accompany you. I give you my express permission to make that venture, in advance, should you find it necessary. You may claim whatever resources you deem pertinent to such a trip. Should you encounter expense, please consider our funds equally to hand. Now, everyone. Are we in agreement, as to the matter I originally summoned everyone here for?

"I won't breathe a word," whispered Zydeco, her voice ringing true.

"Nor I," echoed Gobi.

Realizing that this, equally, was binding him to silence, Wencel glanced toward Archer. To his surprise, the mage was looking back. Even as he said "I'll keep my silence," his gaze, locked with Wencel's, didn't waver.

Sudden understanding calmed Wencel's nerves. Finally dropping his eyes from Archer's, he said "I'll leave the truth of it here in this room."

Thank you, everyone. I believe such silence only for the best, for our protection as well as that of untold others, so that they should never have to face such a horror.

Meeting therein concluded, quiet shuffling filled the room as its occupants rose and slowly made their way out the doors. Wencel rose and followed, accompanied by Cypher, his fellow Skydancer clearly eager to get started. Heading down the corridor in hopes of returning to the quiet of his quarters, Wencel paused when he heard his name. Looking back, he saw Archer exiting the council chamber.

"Tea, later tonight?"

Ruminating in the knowledge that his potential social outlets for his recent experiences had dropped to one, Wencel gave a firm nod. Archer, whilst having been friendly from the start, was the reason he'd survived and escaped the chasm. If Archer felt comfortable bucking Eira's rules and the traditional silence of the Ice realm...

He wasn't going to turn him away.

Surely, it'd be foolish to do so, for then he'd have only himself and his memories.

And new nightmares, he thought, hoping the mage wouldn't change his mind.
fr time +1 (MST)
she/her • they/them
Lightning to Ice
Wishlist (Nunivak's bio)
RskN6mH.png