Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Interest Check: The Lost Charge
1 2
The Lost Charge

Guardians have, for millennium, been expected to look after their Charge, the one thing that makes them complete. Legends and stories have been told across clans about Guardians that traverse the lands for centuries, looking for the one thing that made them part of society; Guardians that fought bloody battles in order to protect the one thing they cared for; Guardians who sacrificed everything so that their one, precious Charge would survive. Many were in awe of the loyalty that seemed to emit from the great beings.

But with these legends and stories of greatness and loyalty came tales of anguish, of Guardians that never found their Charge or worse yet, lost it. These tales were whispered to hatchlings; tales of Guardians abandoning their Charge, Guardians forsaking their quest, Guardians being led astray by crafty dragons, Guardians destroying their own Charges, Guardians failing in the one thing that made them a true dragon.

As in all tales, they did hold weight.

Guardians that did fail were shunned, forced to traverse the landscape forever in mourning. Their hulking shapes were to be avoided, as many believed they were symbols of bad luck or traitors. The loneliness ate at those that were abandoned by society, as it so often does.

Before long, those that had lost their Charges began banding together, etching out their livelihoods on the edge of existence and the known world. They began to develop their own society, their own clan. At first, it was peaceful. They all mourned, they all grieved. But then the rage began.

Rage over their abandonment, rage over the stories that left our dragons that had watched them fail, rage over the fear and hatred that other dragons looked at them with.

As they grew larger in size, more and more began to succumb to the rage, believing they were wronged and deserved to be back home, among those that were deemed legends and heroes. And as they steamed and raged, something took notice.

Something that whispered to them in their dreams, promising revenge and glory if only they traversed to the most ancient of places. Something told them that the Pillar, in all its glory, held all the power they needed to steal back what was theirs.

While some shrugged off the voices, others, desperate from years of wandering and isolation, began to walk towards Dragonhome, hoping that the voices were right. They arrived at the pillar to see the emblems that had, at one point, shone bright with the symbols of the Flights, replaced by burning runes of magics that had not been touched by dragons.

This, the voice whispered, is where you will take back what is yours. This is where you will regain your lost charges. This is where you will begin anew.

And so they began.
Boy it is late and I am not even sure if all of that made coherent sense.

Basically, Guardians that have either lost of never found their Charge for whatever reason, have banded together in order to survive because they have been kicked out of society and are now symbols of bad luck. Some Guardians destroyed their own Charge, especially if it was another dragon, because they became corrupt. Others were simply murderers and of course, the more controversial stories stuck, with tales of Guardians that had destroyed their own Charges in a Shade-induced rage spreading across the land. After all, loosing your Charge is the most shameful thing. No one could possibly nobly loose their Charge.

Eventually, those that did nobly loose their Charge become very, very angry and begin plotting to go back into society forcefully and take back their positions. While not all agree, some are beginning to see the point of the fury. After all, loosing one thing shouldn't cause you to loose everything else. Eventually, some being comes to them in their sleep and tells them to go to the Pillar where the first eight gods dwelled in. There, they discover that new magic has been embedded into the pillar. Which I shamelessly took form the Runestones game.

Earth- Pillar
Fire- Metal
Wind- Cloud
Water- Life
Shadow- Chaos
Ice- Time
Lightning- Truth
Light- Spirit

Note that Earth is Pillar simply because there was not another option I could think of, I apologize. If someone has a better idea, do tell.

The main plot of this RP will be the various outcasted Guardians finding the Pillar and either taking up the cause to fight back and regain their former positions or trying to stop the other Guardians from, out of fear that what they are doing is corrupt.

Don't worry, Plague, Nature, and Arcane will come into play very soon. I want to use them as a conflict starter, but that may not work out, depending on where this RP goes.

I've had some experience with organizing RPs and let me tell you, it is HARD keeping them alive. So, after my life decided to drop-kick me, I'm starting fresh. I will be running a tighter ship (though I promise I won't be mean. That is just a terrible thing to do) in order to keep this alive.

So, ping me with thoughts, suggestions, critiques, whatever.

Pinglist:
@Malaika
@HummingKnight
@MidnightRaven
@SweetDragoness
The Lost Charge

Guardians have, for millennium, been expected to look after their Charge, the one thing that makes them complete. Legends and stories have been told across clans about Guardians that traverse the lands for centuries, looking for the one thing that made them part of society; Guardians that fought bloody battles in order to protect the one thing they cared for; Guardians who sacrificed everything so that their one, precious Charge would survive. Many were in awe of the loyalty that seemed to emit from the great beings.

But with these legends and stories of greatness and loyalty came tales of anguish, of Guardians that never found their Charge or worse yet, lost it. These tales were whispered to hatchlings; tales of Guardians abandoning their Charge, Guardians forsaking their quest, Guardians being led astray by crafty dragons, Guardians destroying their own Charges, Guardians failing in the one thing that made them a true dragon.

As in all tales, they did hold weight.

Guardians that did fail were shunned, forced to traverse the landscape forever in mourning. Their hulking shapes were to be avoided, as many believed they were symbols of bad luck or traitors. The loneliness ate at those that were abandoned by society, as it so often does.

Before long, those that had lost their Charges began banding together, etching out their livelihoods on the edge of existence and the known world. They began to develop their own society, their own clan. At first, it was peaceful. They all mourned, they all grieved. But then the rage began.

Rage over their abandonment, rage over the stories that left our dragons that had watched them fail, rage over the fear and hatred that other dragons looked at them with.

As they grew larger in size, more and more began to succumb to the rage, believing they were wronged and deserved to be back home, among those that were deemed legends and heroes. And as they steamed and raged, something took notice.

Something that whispered to them in their dreams, promising revenge and glory if only they traversed to the most ancient of places. Something told them that the Pillar, in all its glory, held all the power they needed to steal back what was theirs.

While some shrugged off the voices, others, desperate from years of wandering and isolation, began to walk towards Dragonhome, hoping that the voices were right. They arrived at the pillar to see the emblems that had, at one point, shone bright with the symbols of the Flights, replaced by burning runes of magics that had not been touched by dragons.

This, the voice whispered, is where you will take back what is yours. This is where you will regain your lost charges. This is where you will begin anew.

And so they began.
Boy it is late and I am not even sure if all of that made coherent sense.

Basically, Guardians that have either lost of never found their Charge for whatever reason, have banded together in order to survive because they have been kicked out of society and are now symbols of bad luck. Some Guardians destroyed their own Charge, especially if it was another dragon, because they became corrupt. Others were simply murderers and of course, the more controversial stories stuck, with tales of Guardians that had destroyed their own Charges in a Shade-induced rage spreading across the land. After all, loosing your Charge is the most shameful thing. No one could possibly nobly loose their Charge.

Eventually, those that did nobly loose their Charge become very, very angry and begin plotting to go back into society forcefully and take back their positions. While not all agree, some are beginning to see the point of the fury. After all, loosing one thing shouldn't cause you to loose everything else. Eventually, some being comes to them in their sleep and tells them to go to the Pillar where the first eight gods dwelled in. There, they discover that new magic has been embedded into the pillar. Which I shamelessly took form the Runestones game.

Earth- Pillar
Fire- Metal
Wind- Cloud
Water- Life
Shadow- Chaos
Ice- Time
Lightning- Truth
Light- Spirit

Note that Earth is Pillar simply because there was not another option I could think of, I apologize. If someone has a better idea, do tell.

The main plot of this RP will be the various outcasted Guardians finding the Pillar and either taking up the cause to fight back and regain their former positions or trying to stop the other Guardians from, out of fear that what they are doing is corrupt.

Don't worry, Plague, Nature, and Arcane will come into play very soon. I want to use them as a conflict starter, but that may not work out, depending on where this RP goes.

I've had some experience with organizing RPs and let me tell you, it is HARD keeping them alive. So, after my life decided to drop-kick me, I'm starting fresh. I will be running a tighter ship (though I promise I won't be mean. That is just a terrible thing to do) in order to keep this alive.

So, ping me with thoughts, suggestions, critiques, whatever.

Pinglist:
@Malaika
@HummingKnight
@MidnightRaven
@SweetDragoness
uCR5SCW.png
I would definitely be interested in a RP like this, especially since I have the perfect Guardian for it! Would you mind pinging me if you start a thread? c: @FloatingInSpace
I would definitely be interested in a RP like this, especially since I have the perfect Guardian for it! Would you mind pinging me if you start a thread? c: @FloatingInSpace
tumblr_nxz6n6mNKg1tc68dzo1_250.pngRADIANT1.pngtakfb5.png
@Malaika

Yay interest! :D I was beginning to think no one was. And I'll add you to the pinglist.
@Malaika

Yay interest! :D I was beginning to think no one was. And I'll add you to the pinglist.
uCR5SCW.png
I would be interested in a RP like this! Would you mind pinging me if you start a thread? c: @FloatingInSpace
I would be interested in a RP like this! Would you mind pinging me if you start a thread? c: @FloatingInSpace
@HummingKnight

Sure! Also, feel free to ping anyone who you think would be willing to participate!
@HummingKnight

Sure! Also, feel free to ping anyone who you think would be willing to participate!
uCR5SCW.png
@FloatingInSpace
Hello again! I would definitely be interested in this, so if you start a thread, could you ping me to let me know?
@FloatingInSpace
Hello again! I would definitely be interested in this, so if you start a thread, could you ping me to let me know?
@MidnightRaven

Hey again! I'll add you on and if you know anyone who would be interested, do ping them!
@MidnightRaven

Hey again! I'll add you on and if you know anyone who would be interested, do ping them!
uCR5SCW.png
@FloatingInSpace
Alright, sounds good!
@FloatingInSpace
Alright, sounds good!
@FloatingInSpace

Definitely interested, may be busy with College however (if that isn't too much of a problem).
@FloatingInSpace

Definitely interested, may be busy with College however (if that isn't too much of a problem).
@SweetDragoness

Glad to see you interested. :)

I don't know how strict I am going to be with scheduling, so we'll see. I'm going to add you to the pinglist for now.
@SweetDragoness

Glad to see you interested. :)

I don't know how strict I am going to be with scheduling, so we'll see. I'm going to add you to the pinglist for now.
uCR5SCW.png
1 2