Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [RoR] Flight Immunity [Wrap-Up]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
[center][img]https://67.media.tumblr.com/437dbf4f87f50bb8a542a04ed4519b4d/tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no1_540.png[/img][/center] As you wander through the busy thoroughfare, taking care not to get run over by overenthusiastic hatchlings that seem to be equally excited by fighting zombies and getting free candy, you notice an understated booth off to one side. It's hastily pieced together from white cloth--or, it would seem, the whitest cloth the purveyor could find. The sign reads "FLIGHT IMMUNITY: FIGHT INFECTION". Below that, in a less elegant but more compelling hand, someone has added "FREE STUFF 4 FLU SHOTZ". Even more compelling, there is a dingy-bell to ding for service. A few exuberant [i]ding[/i]s summon the staff--an oversized Spiral in a plethora of bandages and a cough mask whose tail is endlessly tying itself in nervous knots. He is, rather noticeably in the sea of glowing red eyes, [b]not[/b] Plague by hatch. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7346664] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/73467/7346664_350.png[/img] [/url] "Ah. Er. Um. H-hello. Yes. Are y-you here for the...y-yes, of course you are. My name is W-Wilson, and you are? ...d-delighted, thank you. Have you heard about f-f-f-[url=http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/herd-immunity.html]Flight immunity[/url]?" Whether it sounds familiar or not is a moot point--now that awkward introductions are over, the dragon is off to the races. You find a [url=http://www.cdc.gov/flu/index.htm]pamphlet on the flu shoved into your hands[/url] even as he starts passionately rattling off a speech about it. "A s-single person infected with influenza c-can spread it like w, wildfire before they even know they're sssss--sick, and so c-can the people they infect, and s-so on, until o-one cough has spread to h-hundreds, [i]thousands[/i] of people. N-normally it's only an inconvenience, but to s-some people--the y-young, the elderly, those who are already ill, it can be...j-just a little bit fatal." He laughs very weakly at that. "B, but it can be stopped. If h-healthy people get immunized, flight immunity is achieved--th-those who are unable to get immunizations are protected by those wh-who [i]can[/i] not g-getting sick to begin with and thus not p-passing it on. A, and, of course, it's highly enjoyable n-not getting sick, whoever you are. I'm afraid that I'm one of the ones that c-can't p-protect myself. I'm, ah...I believe the word is 'immunocompromised'. S-simply can't handle it. So l-living in Plague can be...difficult. My l-lair mates are endlessly kind in t-taking a b, bullet for me. N-needle, rather." He ties his tail in a sheepshank for that one. "I'm...n-not fond of needles. Wh-which makes them all the more heroes in m-my eyes for doing it." Wilson looks at you imploringly. "Are y-you willing to be a hero for those around you?" After a long moment of expectant silence, in which you look at the banner pointedly, he sighs. "Y-yes, there are prizes involved..."
tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no1_540.png

As you wander through the busy thoroughfare, taking care not to get run over by overenthusiastic hatchlings that seem to be equally excited by fighting zombies and getting free candy, you notice an understated booth off to one side. It's hastily pieced together from white cloth--or, it would seem, the whitest cloth the purveyor could find. The sign reads "FLIGHT IMMUNITY: FIGHT INFECTION". Below that, in a less elegant but more compelling hand, someone has added "FREE STUFF 4 FLU SHOTZ". Even more compelling, there is a dingy-bell to ding for service.

A few exuberant dings summon the staff--an oversized Spiral in a plethora of bandages and a cough mask whose tail is endlessly tying itself in nervous knots. He is, rather noticeably in the sea of glowing red eyes, not Plague by hatch.

7346664_350.png

"Ah. Er. Um. H-hello. Yes. Are y-you here for the...y-yes, of course you are. My name is W-Wilson, and you are? ...d-delighted, thank you. Have you heard about f-f-f-Flight immunity?"

Whether it sounds familiar or not is a moot point--now that awkward introductions are over, the dragon is off to the races. You find a pamphlet on the flu shoved into your hands even as he starts passionately rattling off a speech about it.

"A s-single person infected with influenza c-can spread it like w, wildfire before they even know they're sssss--sick, and so c-can the people they infect, and s-so on, until o-one cough has spread to h-hundreds, thousands of people. N-normally it's only an inconvenience, but to s-some people--the y-young, the elderly, those who are already ill, it can be...j-just a little bit fatal."

He laughs very weakly at that.

"B, but it can be stopped. If h-healthy people get immunized, flight immunity is achieved--th-those who are unable to get immunizations are protected by those wh-who can not g-getting sick to begin with and thus not p-passing it on. A, and, of course, it's highly enjoyable n-not getting sick, whoever you are.

I'm afraid that I'm one of the ones that c-can't p-protect myself. I'm, ah...I believe the word is 'immunocompromised'. S-simply can't handle it. So l-living in Plague can be...difficult. My l-lair mates are endlessly kind in t-taking a b, bullet for me. N-needle, rather."

He ties his tail in a sheepshank for that one.

"I'm...n-not fond of needles. Wh-which makes them all the more heroes in m-my eyes for doing it."

Wilson looks at you imploringly.

"Are y-you willing to be a hero for those around you?"

After a long moment of expectant silence, in which you look at the banner pointedly, he sighs.

"Y-yes, there are prizes involved..."
frog_duck.pngducky3.png
[center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/4dbe88681c461c8e9ee74159e93aa5d2/tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no2_540.png[/img][/center] [LIST] [*]Entries work on the honor system--simply ping me with your name and account ID and state that you've gotten your shot or will get your shot and you will be entered, no proof required. Please play nice! [*]If you are immunocompromised, allergic, or otherwise unable to get a flu shot for medical reasons, say so! You will automatically get your entry. [*]If you are unable to get a flu shot because of financial reasons, say so! I'll be doing my best to provide information on how to get a free flu shot in your location, but I understand that health care is not easy. You will automatically get your entry. [*]If it's not flu season where you are, but you will get your flu shot when it is, say so! Where you live should NOT keep you from getting credit. You will automatically get your entry. Thank you to @NinaOsp for bringing this to my attention, it hadn't crossed my mind at all |,D [*]One entry per player only. [*]Entries will be taken until rollover on [b]October 29th[/b] (so as not to put a deadline on Halloween or Day of the Dead and to stay in accordance with RoR planning), and the grand prize drawing will be held on [b]October 30th[/b] (previously November 2nd as I was planning to run until the 1st, but this equals quicker cats!). [/LIST] [center][img]https://67.media.tumblr.com/ff3bf7bbea7ab2f8aa06b1cf01231390/tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no3_540.png[/img][/center] Goodie bags are RANDOMIZED, with each item given a number and selected via RNG. No two goodie bags will be entirely identical in value, but they will all be in roughly the same range, that being "good stuff for free". Each goodie bag is [b]guaranteed[/b] 5kt and 3 random items, which may include... [i]Fance tops (and other clothes)![/i] [item=Pretty White Neck Bow] [item=Googly Confusion] [item=Umbral Wreath] [item=Mage's Cranberry Socks] [item=Silver Glasses] [i]Cute critters![/i] [item=Maren Warrior] [item=Greenroot Janustrap] [item=Velvet Floracat] [item=Brightwing Dwarf Hainu] [item=Granite Guardian] [i]Rare food or food stacks![/i] [item=Wilting Rose] [item=Flatback Sea Turtle]x10 [item=Micro Deer]x40 [item=Golden Coa Moth]x99 [item=Mana Thief] [i]Anything else neat that I've got lying around![/i] [item=Diamond Ring] [item=Ambush] [item=Bloodstone]x10 [item=Accent: Research Notes] [item=Ancestral Incense] A full list of the prizes can be found [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1utF_820FYWOxSE_4-7q1YzlLCQ3svFijv1RtIooXFLY/edit?usp=sharing]here[/url]. As they're claimed, they'll be marked unavailable in red. I'll be adding more throughout the month, so don't worry about the prize pool dwindling! [center][img]https://67.media.tumblr.com/af5dffd19ac41fa9a0614cf963bdc540/tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no5_540.png[/img] [/center] Each entry gets one ticket, and one ticket only, toward the grand prize: One full set of cats! [item=Black Cat] [item=Calico Cat] [item=Mainecoon] [item=Orange Tabby] [item=Scottish Fold] Did you know that growing up with pets may lead to a healthier immune system later in life? The studies aren't 100%, but hey, letting these lovelies look after your hatchlings can't hurt! Your ticket can be found on the second tab [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1utF_820FYWOxSE_4-7q1YzlLCQ3svFijv1RtIooXFLY/edit?usp=sharing]here[/url]. Your row number is your ticket number. The winner will be determined by the RNG. The non-winners are expected to show good sportsmanship, but are allowed to tear up their tickets in disgust, snap their fingers angrily, and say things such as "Rats!" and "Next time, Gadget, next time for sure!", etc. We endorse freedom of speech here, as long as you are a gentleperson and never say the big, big "D"*. [b]UPDATE:[/b] There's been such an overwhelming turnout that a [b]second set of cats[/b] has been added in celebration of hitting 100 pledges! There will now be [b]two grand prize winners[/b]! Kudos to all participants for generosity, kindness, and just plain awesomeness! [b]UPDATE:[/b] Ye cats and kittens, the hundreds mark has been broken again! To celebrate 200 pledges, there are now [b]three sets of cats[/b] and [b]three grand prize winners[/b]! You all are superstars! ...uh, does anyone have any catnip? It's getting crowded in here... If you'd like to support, there's a badge for that! [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/780a42e5cf3f7f4522a7bd2be0ceeb54/tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no8_r1_100.png[/img][/center] [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2003822][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/780a42e5cf3f7f4522a7bd2be0ceeb54/tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no8_r1_100.png[/img][/url][/code] Thank you, and remember--[i]you're a hero![/i] --- "What, never?" "No, never!" "What, never?" "...hardly ever!"
tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no2_540.png

• Entries work on the honor system--simply ping me with your name and account ID and state that you've gotten your shot or will get your shot and you will be entered, no proof required. Please play nice!
  • If you are immunocompromised, allergic, or otherwise unable to get a flu shot for medical reasons, say so! You will automatically get your entry.
  • If you are unable to get a flu shot because of financial reasons, say so! I'll be doing my best to provide information on how to get a free flu shot in your location, but I understand that health care is not easy. You will automatically get your entry.
  • If it's not flu season where you are, but you will get your flu shot when it is, say so! Where you live should NOT keep you from getting credit. You will automatically get your entry. Thank you to @NinaOsp for bringing this to my attention, it hadn't crossed my mind at all |,D
  • One entry per player only.
  • Entries will be taken until rollover on October 29th (so as not to put a deadline on Halloween or Day of the Dead and to stay in accordance with RoR planning), and the grand prize drawing will be held on October 30th (previously November 2nd as I was planning to run until the 1st, but this equals quicker cats!).

tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no3_540.png

Goodie bags are RANDOMIZED, with each item given a number and selected via RNG. No two goodie bags will be entirely identical in value, but they will all be in roughly the same range, that being "good stuff for free". Each goodie bag is guaranteed 5kt and 3 random items, which may include...

Fance tops (and other clothes)!

Pretty White Neck Bow Googly Confusion Umbral Wreath Mage's Cranberry Socks Silver Glasses

Cute critters!

Maren Warrior Greenroot Janustrap Velvet Floracat Brightwing Dwarf Hainu Granite Guardian

Rare food or food stacks!

Wilting Rose Flatback Sea Turtle x10 Micro Deer x40 Golden Coa Moth x99 Mana Thief

Anything else neat that I've got lying around!

Diamond Ring Ambush Bloodstone x10 Accent: Research Notes Ancestral Incense

A full list of the prizes can be found here. As they're claimed, they'll be marked unavailable in red. I'll be adding more throughout the month, so don't worry about the prize pool dwindling!

tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no5_540.png

Each entry gets one ticket, and one ticket only, toward the grand prize: One full set of cats!

Black Cat Calico Cat Mainecoon Orange Tabby Scottish Fold

Did you know that growing up with pets may lead to a healthier immune system later in life? The studies aren't 100%, but hey, letting these lovelies look after your hatchlings can't hurt!

Your ticket can be found on the second tab here. Your row number is your ticket number. The winner will be determined by the RNG. The non-winners are expected to show good sportsmanship, but are allowed to tear up their tickets in disgust, snap their fingers angrily, and say things such as "Rats!" and "Next time, Gadget, next time for sure!", etc. We endorse freedom of speech here, as long as you are a gentleperson and never say the big, big "D"*.

UPDATE: There's been such an overwhelming turnout that a second set of cats has been added in celebration of hitting 100 pledges! There will now be two grand prize winners! Kudos to all participants for generosity, kindness, and just plain awesomeness!

UPDATE: Ye cats and kittens, the hundreds mark has been broken again! To celebrate 200 pledges, there are now three sets of cats and three grand prize winners! You all are superstars! ...uh, does anyone have any catnip? It's getting crowded in here...

If you'd like to support, there's a badge for that!

tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no8_r1_100.png
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2003822][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/780a42e5cf3f7f4522a7bd2be0ceeb54/tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no8_r1_100.png[/img][/url]

Thank you, and remember--you're a hero!

---
"What, never?"
"No, never!"
"What, never?"
"...hardly ever!"
frog_duck.pngducky3.png
[img]https://67.media.tumblr.com/04ab4a6581f4812b176cb4a443619eb1/tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no4_540.png[/img] NOTE: Offers may differ in your area. Call ahead to pharmacies to see if your local branch is participating in any deals listed. --No insurance? No problem. The [url=http://www.hhs.gov/answers/affordable-care-act/will-the-aca-cover-my-flu-shot/index.html]ACA covers flu shots entirely[/url], although it's always prudent to double check. Most insurance fully covers them as well. What most insurance DOESN'T cover? Treatment for the flu once you have it. I like free better, personally. --Most Safeway locations are offering a coupon for 10% off a grocery purchase up to $200 with every flu shot! The coupon is good until March. --Many Target locations are offering a coupon for a $5 gift card if you get a flu shot at a Target CVS pharmacy! --Walgreens increases the impact you can make with [url=https://www.walgreens.com/pharmacy/immunization/shot_at_life.jsp]Give One Get One[/url], a program that gives a flu shot to a child in need for every flu shot they give to a customer! --If you're working, check to see if your employer will cover your flu shot. They may even cover your entire family! --If all else fails, your local County Health Department is likely to be giving free flu shots for the young and elderly, and may be giving free flu shots to all! --@Naga adds: If you are Canadian, you can get [url=http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/health-and-pharmacy/flu-shot-faqs]a free flu shot from Shoppers Drug Mart[/url] in the following provinces if you bring your health card: British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick, Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador, and Prince Edward Island. --@WitchyWriter adds: Don't forget regular CVS pharmacies, not just Target-CVS. Also, I imagine just about any pharmacy in [America] does flu shots. Plus Walmart. And Meijer (if you're in one of the handful of states where Meijer has stores). --@Retrovirus adds: Medicare Part B completely covers flu shots! --@Flyteofheart reminded me that many colleges offer free flu shots. If you're in college, ask around! You might also want to inquire about a meningitis vaccine, dorm rooms are lousy with the stuff *shudder*. [b]A SPECIAL NOTE ON FAMILIAR HEALTH CARE:[/b] --@Meyoline adds (in regard to getting cats vaccinated): For anyone with animals looking for a cheaper way to get veterinary care, go to your local Petsmart and see if they have a Banfield hospital inside. Many do, and they offer a wellness program for a yearly fee that way more than covers your pets' standard visits, shots, unexpected visits, etc. One of my cats had a gland issue that would have cost something like five thousand dollars to take care of, and it was covered. You can also opt for monthly payments, which I tend to do. --If you don't have insurance and your familiar is poorly, talk to your vet! Almost all vets are willing to negotiate payment plans, they want to see your furry friend healthy as much as you do. [b]OTHER GOOD INFORMATION[/b]: @Perrydotto adds: This thread is a great reminder for me to ask my mom about my vaccination pass. In Germany, every person who is vaccinated (especially children) get a pass that records what vaccinations they have received and when. It's not a mandatory thing, but it helps greatly with keeping track of your vaccinations and when you need to get them refreshed! It's called Impfausweis or Impfpass, and most people have one, as said. Figuring out where it is and having your doctor update it is a good idea, but since it's not mandatory, it can be easy to forget. Know a good place to get immunized? Ping me and I'll add it to the list!
tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no4_540.png

NOTE: Offers may differ in your area. Call ahead to pharmacies to see if your local branch is participating in any deals listed.

--No insurance? No problem. The ACA covers flu shots entirely, although it's always prudent to double check. Most insurance fully covers them as well. What most insurance DOESN'T cover? Treatment for the flu once you have it. I like free better, personally.
--Most Safeway locations are offering a coupon for 10% off a grocery purchase up to $200 with every flu shot! The coupon is good until March.
--Many Target locations are offering a coupon for a $5 gift card if you get a flu shot at a Target CVS pharmacy!
--Walgreens increases the impact you can make with Give One Get One, a program that gives a flu shot to a child in need for every flu shot they give to a customer!
--If you're working, check to see if your employer will cover your flu shot. They may even cover your entire family!
--If all else fails, your local County Health Department is likely to be giving free flu shots for the young and elderly, and may be giving free flu shots to all!
--@Naga adds: If you are Canadian, you can get a free flu shot from Shoppers Drug Mart in the following provinces if you bring your health card: British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick, Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador, and Prince Edward Island.
--@WitchyWriter adds: Don't forget regular CVS pharmacies, not just Target-CVS. Also, I imagine just about any pharmacy in [America] does flu shots. Plus Walmart. And Meijer (if you're in one of the handful of states where Meijer has stores).
--@Retrovirus adds: Medicare Part B completely covers flu shots!
--@Flyteofheart reminded me that many colleges offer free flu shots. If you're in college, ask around! You might also want to inquire about a meningitis vaccine, dorm rooms are lousy with the stuff *shudder*.

A SPECIAL NOTE ON FAMILIAR HEALTH CARE:
--@Meyoline adds (in regard to getting cats vaccinated): For anyone with animals looking for a cheaper way to get veterinary care, go to your local Petsmart and see if they have a Banfield hospital inside. Many do, and they offer a wellness program for a yearly fee that way more than covers your pets' standard visits, shots, unexpected visits, etc. One of my cats had a gland issue that would have cost something like five thousand dollars to take care of, and it was covered. You can also opt for monthly payments, which I tend to do.
--If you don't have insurance and your familiar is poorly, talk to your vet! Almost all vets are willing to negotiate payment plans, they want to see your furry friend healthy as much as you do.

OTHER GOOD INFORMATION:

@Perrydotto adds: This thread is a great reminder for me to ask my mom about my vaccination pass. In Germany, every person who is vaccinated (especially children) get a pass that records what vaccinations they have received and when. It's not a mandatory thing, but it helps greatly with keeping track of your vaccinations and when you need to get them refreshed! It's called Impfausweis or Impfpass, and most people have one, as said. Figuring out where it is and having your doctor update it is a good idea, but since it's not mandatory, it can be easy to forget.

Know a good place to get immunized? Ping me and I'll add it to the list!
frog_duck.pngducky3.png
[center][img]https://67.media.tumblr.com/42e22c5b83dc5535a3a7e88bc62511bc/tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no7_r1_540.png[/img][/center] My greatest thanks go out to everyone who made this possible, and a few in particular: @KyraG is responsible for the wonderful banners that you're seeing throughout the Riot! @kalhalla has been amazingly patient helping me put together this thread, my first event! @Retrovirus was a fantastic encouragement for getting me to go through with this despite my nervousness! And closest to my heart, @thegrinningcrow not only has provided immense emotional support and advice, but provided fully HALF the prizes from their own hoard. @seamadeland @Nightwind @acheronta all provided yellowy support and prizes to keep the event going during a crunch, their generosity is your reward! @SilverwingSen and @Neiko very kindly donated prizes! Thank you all for making this event possible!
tumblr_oesqvmhEFF1ql1x1no7_r1_540.png

My greatest thanks go out to everyone who made this possible, and a few in particular:

@KyraG is responsible for the wonderful banners that you're seeing throughout the Riot!
@kalhalla has been amazingly patient helping me put together this thread, my first event!
@Retrovirus was a fantastic encouragement for getting me to go through with this despite my nervousness!
And closest to my heart, @thegrinningcrow not only has provided immense emotional support and advice, but provided fully HALF the prizes from their own hoard.
@seamadeland @Nightwind @acheronta all provided yellowy support and prizes to keep the event going during a crunch, their generosity is your reward!
@SilverwingSen and @Neiko very kindly donated prizes!

Thank you all for making this event possible!
frog_duck.pngducky3.png
And we are OPEN!
And we are OPEN!
frog_duck.pngducky3.png
@Delcat

Getting my shot at my school's flu shot event next Wednesday!
@Delcat

Getting my shot at my school's flu shot event next Wednesday!
Pp5cWtu.png
@delcat
I got my flu shot at the beginning of my school year!!

Honestly this is a fantastic setup you have, and really the theme fits perfectly with Plague lol.
@delcat
I got my flu shot at the beginning of my school year!!

Honestly this is a fantastic setup you have, and really the theme fits perfectly with Plague lol.
Emi | She/Her | PST (FR+0)
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o4_75sq.giftumblr_oswfbivfek1v8lm95o2_75sq.pngtPvBjsT.gifplague_demibling_by_cicide76536-dciw22w.gifvWQ6hU2.giftumblr_oswfbivfek1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngimage.gif
@delcat
I got my flu shot last summer. Cool idea!
@delcat
I got my flu shot last summer. Cool idea!
tumblr_inline_pi905v48pa1rhxln1_100.png - She/Her
- FR Time
- 20 y/o
- Wishlist
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
@Delcat
my mom has my family's flu shot's scheduled :D this is an awesome idea btw, and very appropriate for the festival XD
@Delcat
my mom has my family's flu shot's scheduled :D this is an awesome idea btw, and very appropriate for the festival XD
CPt6K.gif
YMPbu9R.png
ca4nyRv.pngpZJYyk4.png6mVFIuV.png
gziv3Ja.pngtLCn0d0.pngEE2umbT.png
@Delcat

Got my flu shot last week and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that! Love the concept!
@Delcat

Got my flu shot last week and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that! Love the concept!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25