Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [Brightshine] Pride Profit Raffle
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[center][IMG]http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr232/roymbrog/doodles/Profit-Pride-Raffle-Header_zpsaqfb1ghd.png[/IMG][/center] Quick, what's the first thing you think of when you think of Light Flight? Is it the pretty eye colors, appealing to breeders? The scholarly lore appealing to readers and roleplayers? The glitter, appealing to lovers of disco? Sure, those are all things that are nice, but there's also PROFIT! Light Flight loves its shinies, and during the week of the Brightshine Jubilee [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1477292]Dom Watch[/url] would like to encourage everyone to join we Acolights in the Mire, Kelp Beds, and sometimes, just for a break, Harpy's Roost or the Workshop as we all work to rake in treasure [s]and farm festival currency[/s]. Towards that end, there are [s]bribes[/s] prizes! Just post to this thread a picture, joke, or story relating to profit exalting and/or raking in the shinies and/or grinding for currency, and you're entered to win fabulous shiny prizes. :D Plus, you get two tickets for use in the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/1469066]Brightshine Raffle[/url] or [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/1477168/1]Dragon Bazaar[/url]! Personally, I heavily recommend the Bazaar, where you can buy even more dragons, presumably to raise up for your next coli team. Right? Of course right. [center]This event is Blingweaver approved. [img]http://i.imgur.com/0Gz5JKa.png[/img][/center]
Profit-Pride-Raffle-Header_zpsaqfb1ghd.png

Quick, what's the first thing you think of when you think of Light Flight? Is it the pretty eye colors, appealing to breeders? The scholarly lore appealing to readers and roleplayers? The glitter, appealing to lovers of disco? Sure, those are all things that are nice, but there's also PROFIT!

Light Flight loves its shinies, and during the week of the Brightshine Jubilee Dom Watch would like to encourage everyone to join we Acolights in the Mire, Kelp Beds, and sometimes, just for a break, Harpy's Roost or the Workshop as we all work to rake in treasure and farm festival currency.

Towards that end, there are bribes prizes! Just post to this thread a picture, joke, or story relating to profit exalting and/or raking in the shinies and/or grinding for currency, and you're entered to win fabulous shiny prizes. :D Plus, you get two tickets for use in the Brightshine Raffle or Dragon Bazaar! Personally, I heavily recommend the Bazaar, where you can buy even more dragons, presumably to raise up for your next coli team. Right? Of course right.

This event is Blingweaver approved.

0Gz5JKa.png

S4PmueI.jpg
Rules_zpsrquaj6l6.png

How do I enter the raffle?

Excellent question! You may enter by posting your flight (so I can keep easily keep track) plus any of the following options:

By posting an image or gif related to profit pushing
Images are awesome, so post a picture relating to the excitement of making lots of treasure during the Jubilee. The picture or gif should be funny, cute, or otherwise positive, and be related to profit pushing, grinding for currency, generally making money, or Light Flight as a whole.

Bad: Posting a picture of a cat (cute, but not profit related)
Good: Posting a picture of a cat rolling in treasure (cute and all about the shinies)

By making a pun, joke, or pop culture reference related to profit pushing
Everyone loves terrible jokes, especially those of us at Dom Watch. Bring out your inner comedian! The pun or joke must be related to profit pushing, grinding for currency, generally making money, or Light Flight as a whole, and must meet site guidelines (nothing mean).

Bad: "Why did the chicken cross the road?" "To get to the other side!" (not battle related)
Good: "So my fodder dragons are leaping into the fray like all 'Witness me!' and getting themselves killed, but then they leave behind treasure all shiny and chrome so it's all good." (related to profit pushing, silly pop culture reference)

By posting about the dragons you've exalted during the battle
Fill out the following form and post it to show everyone how much money you've raked in and encourage others to profit themselves.

Dragons exalted today:
Average level of dragons:
Profit made:
Profit plans:
Currency found:

Example:
Flight: Light
Dragons exalted today: 12
Average level of dragons: usually 7, a few 5s
Profit made: about 75kt
Profit plans: Buying more festival accents
Currency found: Not nearly enough

By posting a silly meme related to profit exalting or Light flight
Like this, but specifically about all the topics specified above.

By doing something else to encourage the raking in of shinies, show good sportmanship, or otherwise participate in the fun
If you're not good at making images or jokes and you aren't into exalting dragons, that's okay! This is a very, very relaxed raffle. Do you want to contribute by making a graph of some stats you've been tracking? Write a story about how your dragons are carefully counting up the gems in their hoard? Talk about the dragon you bought for fodder but can't bear to exalt and have already dressed up in silks and flourish jewelery? All of those things count, because all of those things are great ways to enjoy profit pushing and share your enjoyment with others. :D Be creative!

Where do I post my entry to?

In order to get a ticket for your entry, you must post it here, in the official raffle thread. You are also encouraged to post your picture/joke/story/graph/form/whatever over in Dom Watch, on your flight boards, in the main Brightshine hub, or anywhere else that allows you to show off what you've accomplished and share your excitement and laughter with others. :D

What's with the top-three flights thing?

There will be a small bonus raffle for the members of the top three placing flights. For example, if Nature takes first a person from Nature who has a ticket will be randomly selected to win the prize for the top flight. These prizes will be drawn separately from the rest of the prizes, so it's possible to win both (especially if only one person from that flight enters or something).

This is also why it would be super-awesome if you post your flight along with your entry so I don't have to look up each entrant. :)

How many tickets can I get?

One. You can enter as many times as you like - we love pictures and jokes! - but it's a cap of one ticket each. Everyone can have fun and participate in dom, and everyone gets an equal chance of winning when it comes to silly cheerleading.

I heard something about extra raffle tickets/a dragon bazaar?

You heard right! In addition to your ticket for this raffle, which is the Profit Pride Raffle, which is the raffle about profit pride, that raffle, you also automatically get two tickets for use in either the main Brightshine raffle with all the glamorous prizes or the Brightshine Dragon Bazaar with all the glamorous dragons. I recommend the Bazaar since you have a guaranteed prize and because I love getting new dragons.

What's the Dragon Bazaar?

You know how most raffles have a bunch of dragon prizes, and some people like those dragons but some people don't, and sometimes the dragons end up languishing or, worse, getting exalted before someone chooses them? Yeah, Light is all about avoiding that for our holiday.

How it works (the short version):

1. You get tickets from the various events surrounding Brightshine. There's a list in the main hub. Only tickets from activities, not the main Brightshine dom raffle, count.

2. Instead of merely hoping you win the big Brightshine raffle, you head over to the Dragon Bazaar and pick out a nice dragon or several to buy with your tickets.

3. You tell the Bazaar runners what dragon you want (and maybe point to the events you got your tickets from just in case the spreadsheet updaters are slow) and you get a dragon!

4. Lather, rinse, repeat until the end of Brightshine. :D

Obvious disclaimer is obvious

This is about fun and treasure, so please, no copying what others have posted (I have to go through allllll of these, I'll notice) and please don't put down anyone or any flights - no, not even your own! An exception will be made for angrily questioning the placement of the Beastclans or complaining about the RNG and its lack of currency drops.
Rules_zpsrquaj6l6.png

How do I enter the raffle?

Excellent question! You may enter by posting your flight (so I can keep easily keep track) plus any of the following options:

By posting an image or gif related to profit pushing
Images are awesome, so post a picture relating to the excitement of making lots of treasure during the Jubilee. The picture or gif should be funny, cute, or otherwise positive, and be related to profit pushing, grinding for currency, generally making money, or Light Flight as a whole.

Bad: Posting a picture of a cat (cute, but not profit related)
Good: Posting a picture of a cat rolling in treasure (cute and all about the shinies)

By making a pun, joke, or pop culture reference related to profit pushing
Everyone loves terrible jokes, especially those of us at Dom Watch. Bring out your inner comedian! The pun or joke must be related to profit pushing, grinding for currency, generally making money, or Light Flight as a whole, and must meet site guidelines (nothing mean).

Bad: "Why did the chicken cross the road?" "To get to the other side!" (not battle related)
Good: "So my fodder dragons are leaping into the fray like all 'Witness me!' and getting themselves killed, but then they leave behind treasure all shiny and chrome so it's all good." (related to profit pushing, silly pop culture reference)

By posting about the dragons you've exalted during the battle
Fill out the following form and post it to show everyone how much money you've raked in and encourage others to profit themselves.

Dragons exalted today:
Average level of dragons:
Profit made:
Profit plans:
Currency found:

Example:
Dragons exalted today: 12
Average level of dragons: usually 7, a few 5s
Profit made: about 75kt
Profit plans: Buying more festival accents
Currency found: Not nearly enough

By posting a silly meme related to profit exalting or Light flight
Like this, but specifically about all the topics specified above.

By doing something else to encourage the raking in of shinies, show good sportmanship, or otherwise participate in the fun
If you're not good at making images or jokes and you aren't into exalting dragons, that's okay! This is a very, very relaxed raffle. Do you want to contribute by making a graph of some stats you've been tracking? Write a story about how your dragons are carefully counting up the gems in their hoard? Talk about the dragon you bought for fodder but can't bear to exalt and have already dressed up in silks and flourish jewelery? All of those things count, because all of those things are great ways to enjoy profit pushing and share your enjoyment with others. :D Be creative!

Where do I post my entry to?

In order to get a ticket for your entry, you must post it here, in the official raffle thread. You are also encouraged to post your picture/joke/story/graph/form/whatever over in Dom Watch, on your flight boards, in the main Brightshine hub, or anywhere else that allows you to show off what you've accomplished and share your excitement and laughter with others. :D

What's with the top-three flights thing?

There will be a small bonus raffle for the members of the top three placing flights. For example, if Nature takes first a person from Nature who has a ticket will be randomly selected to win the prize for the top flight. These prizes will be drawn separately from the rest of the prizes, so it's possible to win both (especially if only one person from that flight enters or something).

This is also why it would be super-awesome if you post your flight along with your entry so I don't have to look up each entrant. :)

How many tickets can I get?

One. You can enter as many times as you like - we love pictures and jokes! - but it's a cap of one ticket each. Everyone can have fun and participate in dom, and everyone gets an equal chance of winning when it comes to silly cheerleading.

I heard something about extra raffle tickets/a dragon bazaar?

You heard right! In addition to your ticket for this raffle, which is the Profit Pride Raffle, which is the raffle about profit pride, that raffle, you also automatically get two tickets for use in either the main Brightshine raffle with all the glamorous prizes or the Brightshine Dragon Bazaar with all the glamorous dragons. I recommend the Bazaar since you have a guaranteed prize and because I love getting new dragons.

What's the Dragon Bazaar?

You know how most raffles have a bunch of dragon prizes, and some people like those dragons but some people don't, and sometimes the dragons end up languishing or, worse, getting exalted before someone chooses them? Yeah, Light is all about avoiding that for our holiday.

How it works (the short version):

1. You get tickets from the various events surrounding Brightshine. There's a list in the main hub. Only tickets from activities, not the main Brightshine dom raffle, count.

2. Instead of merely hoping you win the big Brightshine raffle, you head over to the Dragon Bazaar and pick out a nice dragon or several to buy with your tickets.

3. You tell the Bazaar runners what dragon you want (and maybe point to the events you got your tickets from just in case the spreadsheet updaters are slow) and you get a dragon!

4. Lather, rinse, repeat until the end of Brightshine. :D

Obvious disclaimer is obvious

This is about fun and treasure, so please, no copying what others have posted (I have to go through allllll of these, I'll notice) and please don't put down anyone or any flights - no, not even your own! An exception will be made for angrily questioning the placement of the Beastclans or complaining about the RNG and its lack of currency drops.
S4PmueI.jpg
[center][IMG]http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr232/roymbrog/doodles/Prizes_zps2uqdxyqf.png[/IMG][/center] [quote=Surprise Shinies] [item=Gilded Decorative Chest] [color=red]Claimed[/color] [/quote] [quote=Light Collectibles] [item=Soft Lightweaver Idol] [item=Light Runestone] [color=red]Claimed[/color] [/quote] [quote=A Light Snack] [ Light's Breath ] x 99 [item=Sun Baked Oysters] x 99 [color=red]Claimed[/color] [/quote] [quote=Light Familiars] [item=Brilliant Psywurm] [item=GoldThroated Sparrow] [/quote] [quote=Spilling Shinies] [item=Shattered Ceramic Jar] x 99 [color=red]Claimed[/color] [/quote] [quote=The Yellow Rock] [item=Gold Ore] [color=red]Claimed[/color] [/quote] [quote=Bling] [item=Teardrop Citrine Bracelet] [item=Teardrop Citrine Ring] [item=Teardrop Citrine Armlet] [item=Teardrop Citrine Belt] [item=Teardrop Citrine Leg Band] [color=red]Claimed[/color] [/quote] [quote=Sunny Armor] [item=Burnished Gold Helmet] [item=Gold Filigree Breastplate] [item=Gold Filigree Gauntlets] [color=red]Claimed[/color] [/quote] [quote=Light Battle Set] [item=Bright Bolt] [item=Blinding Slash] [item=Enamor] [item=Shining Might Fragment] x 3 [item=Shining Acuity Fragment] x 3 [/quote] [quote=Golden Idols] [item=Chimera Relic] x 99 [/quote] [quote=Image of the Sun] [item=Celestial Crate] [color=red]Claimed[/color] [/quote] [quote=Fodder] 5 adult fodder dragons (can be kept if for some reason you don't want to use them as fodder, of course) [color=red]Claimed[/color] [/quote] [quote=New Year's Light] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1850388] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/18504/1850388_350.png[/img] [/url] Bananarama #1850388 Born Jan 01, 2014 Banana/Lemon/Banana irshimgem [/quote] [center][size=5][b]Top Three Flights Prizes[/b][/size][/center] [quote=1st Place Flight Winner] [item=Hefty Treasure Cache] [/quote] [quote=2nd Place Flight Winner] [item=Some Secret Stash] [/quote] [quote=3rd Place Flight Winner] [item=Bursting Sack of Shinies] [/quote]
Prizes_zps2uqdxyqf.png

Surprise Shinies wrote:
Gilded Decorative Chest

Claimed

Light Collectibles wrote:
Soft Lightweaver Idol Light Runestone

Claimed

A Light Snack wrote:
[ Light's Breath ] x 99 Sun Baked Oysters x 99

Claimed

Light Familiars wrote:
Brilliant Psywurm

Spilling Shinies wrote:
Shattered Ceramic Jar x 99

Claimed

The Yellow Rock wrote:
Gold Ore

Claimed

Bling wrote:
Teardrop Citrine Bracelet Teardrop Citrine Ring Teardrop Citrine Armlet Teardrop Citrine Belt Teardrop Citrine Leg Band

Claimed

Sunny Armor wrote:
Burnished Gold Helmet Gold Filigree Breastplate Gold Filigree Gauntlets

Claimed

Light Battle Set wrote:
Bright Bolt Blinding Slash Enamor Shining Might Fragment x 3 Shining Acuity Fragment x 3

Golden Idols wrote:
Chimera Relic x 99

Image of the Sun wrote:
Celestial Crate

Claimed

Fodder wrote:
5 adult fodder dragons (can be kept if for some reason you don't want to use them as fodder, of course)

Claimed

New Year's Light wrote:

1850388_350.png

Bananarama
Born Jan 01, 2014
Banana/Lemon/Banana irshimgem

Top Three Flights Prizes

1st Place Flight Winner wrote:
Hefty Treasure Cache

2nd Place Flight Winner wrote:
Some Secret Stash

3rd Place Flight Winner wrote:
Bursting Sack of Shinies
S4PmueI.jpg
Want to double-check that I wrote your name down on a spreadsheet? The list of ticket holders can be found [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ae9se8bZ-kRoer8HrLBmr9kA2Iw5EKjPQ8Ly7AG03bg/edit?usp=sharing]here[/url]. May take up to 24 hours for your name to appear because, you know, sometimes I have to [s]go on Tumblr[/s] do real-life grown-up things. Winners will posted here once they win. :D [center][item=Discarded Ribbon] [item=Good Eater Award] [item=Discarded Ribbon] [item=Good Eater Award] [item=Discarded Ribbon][/center]
Want to double-check that I wrote your name down on a spreadsheet? The list of ticket holders can be found here. May take up to 24 hours for your name to appear because, you know, sometimes I have to go on Tumblr do real-life grown-up things.

Winners will posted here once they win. :D

Discarded Ribbon Good Eater Award Discarded Ribbon Good Eater Award Discarded Ribbon
S4PmueI.jpg
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/thl2VlX.png[/img][/center] Big thanks to @roymbrog for the graphics, especially Blingweaver. :D [center]Don't forget to visit the main Brightshine hub for more activities! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1469655][IMG]http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n446/fantasyfreak315/Lightweaver-signature_zpsahmwmscp.gif[/IMG][/url] [/center]
thl2VlX.png

Big thanks to @roymbrog for the graphics, especially Blingweaver. :D

Don't forget to visit the main Brightshine hub for more activities!

Lightweaver-signature_zpsahmwmscp.gif
S4PmueI.jpg
[img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/a6487c623de001bfec9f8fbf88ce6648/tumblr_mlcjmyszR71qjeigjo1_500.gif[/img]
tumblr_mlcjmyszR71qjeigjo1_500.gif
Look at all this SPACE AND MONEY [img]http://www.kiss925.com/files/2015/03/tumblr_inline_mr2bjh1puq1qz4rgp.gif[/img]
Look at all this SPACE AND MONEY
tumblr_inline_mr2bjh1puq1qz4rgp.gif
leWQTdB.png5hF3FGk.png
@megachrono @Chocoli

Whoo! Those are excellent entries and most worthy of tickets! Do me a favor that's new this time, though: could you include your flight? I have to separate them out on the tracker. :)

Would look like this:

[ Silly Image ]

@megachrono @Chocoli

Whoo! Those are excellent entries and most worthy of tickets! Do me a favor that's new this time, though: could you include your flight? I have to separate them out on the tracker. :)

Would look like this:

[ Silly Image ]

S4PmueI.jpg
@Arekuru [b] Light flight 3 chest drops in the coli since the festival opened. [/b] [img]http://i.giphy.com/PMPwpWrGFLu80.gif[/img]
@Arekuru

Light flight

3 chest drops in the coli since the festival opened.

PMPwpWrGFLu80.gif
@Shad0stryk

Absolutely perfect, thanks!
@Shad0stryk

Absolutely perfect, thanks!
S4PmueI.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13